Unpopular walking dead opinions?

edited October 2017 in The Walking Dead

What are some unpopular opinions about the series that you have. Can be little or large things.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    I don't support Cluke or Clavier.
  • dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Arvo is one of my favorite characters.

• Lee should be fucking alive and protagonist.

• Jane has excellent character development.

• edited March 2016
    1. I like Season 2 almost as much as Season 1
    2. I enjoyed playing as Clementine more than Lee.
    3. In Harms Way is an amazing episode.
    4. Starved for Help, while a good episode, is overrated.
    5. Carver is one of my favorite villains, second only to Negan.
    6. Long Road Ahead is one of the strongest episodes in terms of writing, but one of my least favorite episodes.
    7. I don't have a problem with Luke's death where he is dragged down by the walker (the other one is kind of lame).
  • I'm one of the (seemingly) few people who prefer Season Two to Season One. Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion. The game just looked better, had a more interesting story (With Season 1, you almost always knew what the next big plot point was going to be from Episode 3 on. In Season 2, there were many fewer times that I could tell what was next, and that made it all the more interesting), and better characters (Only thing I didn't like is that very few survived).

• I may not like Jane, but I completely agree with this.

Flog61 posted: »

Jane has excellent character development.

• Arvo's actions were justified up until he shot Clementine (if you steal his supplies & shoot his zombified sister)
    • I don't want Lee to come back. His story is done.
    • Clementine is black. (She's not half-white or asian. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. There's a such thing as light-skinned blacks.)
    • I like Ben and Sarah.
  • ◦I don't want Lee to come back. His story is done.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, have you ever seen this forum react when someone makes a thread saying how Lee should come back or how Lee is alive?

kurishioo posted: »

* Arvo's actions were justified up until he shot Clementine (if you steal his supplies & shoot his zombified sister) * I don't want Lee

• edited March 2016

Literally every Let's Play of The Walking Dead's Season 2 comment section says they want Lee back.

◦I don't want Lee to come back. His story is done. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, have you ever seen this forum react when someone makes a thread saying how Lee should come back or how Lee is alive?

• You're reading the Youtube comments section, they're filled with idiotic children, don't take them to seriously.

kurishioo posted: »

Literally every Let's Play of The Walking Dead's Season 2 comment section says they want Lee back.

• I don't take them seriously. If I did, my stress levels would I have been through the roof.

You're reading the Youtube comments section, they're filled with idiotic children, don't take them to seriously.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2016

My favorite thread is back again

Let's see:

• Around Every Corner is a criminally underrated episode

• I actually liked Luke's death and thought it was well-done (I'm going to get ripped five new assholes for this)

• Carver was a great villain, and like Metallica said above, second to Negan for me as well

• I liked Jane more than Molly

• I really liked Rebecca, and part of me wishes there was a chance to hug her

• Carlos was the most forgettable, and least developed of the cabin survivors, even more so than Alvin

• Nick was the most developed of the cabin survivors

• Mike's still cool in my book (Bonnie and Arvo not so much, but that's not exactly unpopular)

• The leaving with Kenny ending is one of my least favorite endings, second to making the family leave

• The Jane + family ending is one of my favorite endings, just behind the Wellington ending

• I believe that Danny from 400 Days was actually a good dude, and not just some rapist bastard like you're led to believe (My new asshole count is now at 15)

• I very much enjoyed Season 2. Who cares, It's good!

I liked playing as Clem.

• For me, Jane is the best character in Season 2 and she has great character development. I honestly don't understand why so many people on this forum (and Youtube) hate her, she obviously cares for Clem and I doubt she would ever abandon her.

• I don't really hate Arvo. I mean, he got robbed (determinant), lost his whole group and got beaten up by some aggressive guy who shot his sister and tried to kill him (two times!). Can't blame him from wanting to get away from our group. I also don't hate Mike, but I have mixed feelings about Bonnie.

• edited March 2016
    • I actually liked the first half of Season 2, with the first and second episode being considered to be my top 10 TWD episodes.
    • The betrayal scene in Episode 5 is one of the lowest narrative points in the series, and is riddled with writing bias that ruined it's credibility for me.
    • The Wellington endings either shouldn't have happened, or should not be as happy and rewarding as it was written, due to the implausibility of Wellington's existence and how characters were punished for siding against the plan to search for a community no one has proof that exists.
    • Carver was a weak villain for me, mainly due to his characterization shift from Episode 2 to 3, his disappointing community, and his actions that makes him appear more inept and unthreatening than intended.
    • Sarita deserved better than what was she was given. I was wanting for her to step out of her role as 'Katjaa 2.0' and develop as her own character.
    • Sarah and Nick's treatment and deaths in Amid the Ruins felt mean-spirited and had wasted the two characters who had the most depth and development of the Cabin Group.
    • Christa deserved an actual role in the story than being tossed aside and remain missing forever, especially when the time with how Clementine became how she was and what she learned from Christa from two years ago to now was never explored.
  • Loved S2 (seems popular to hate it on this site).

Luke's death was alright. Sure the set up could have been tweaked to be more plausible, but overall well done. Luke's pleadibg to Clem was very well acted and the situation felt soo desperate and sad, which is TWD's MO.

I don't like and prevented Clementine from cursing.

• Starved For Help is the worst episode of season 1

• ErykaEryka Banned

I think Lee is alive.

• edited March 2016
    • Lilly was genuinely trying to make the Motor Inn group work, and she was right to think that leaving the motel would only harm them, given that they didn't have anywhere to go besides Kenny's boat in Fort Lauderdale.
    • Christa and her merit of taking care of Clementine are vastly underrated.
    • I did not hate the entirety of Howe's Hardware Store's innocent residents or its leader.
    • I am interested on learning how Wellington works and who the leader is.
    • I do not hate the entirety of the Monroe colony's innocent residents or its leader. I don't want to burn it down so that everyone dies.
    • Samantha is not a psychotic teen that enjoys stealing from Norma.
    • Zachary is partially responsible for Greg's death. Only half of the blame belongs to Randall.
    • Troy was a complete asshole.
  • edited March 2016
    • I did not like Episode 4 of Season 1, there were too many large hubs, and Lee walked pretty slow. I got the puzzles fine, but the walking was so tedious. (mostly talking about the Crawford part)
    • I still enjoyed Season 2, even with all those faults people won't shut up about (Many group fights, ending of EP4 and beginning of EP5, the betrayal of characters...)
    • Although, I will admit, I hate that the one who guides the group is an 11 year old and is forced to handle all the problems.
    • Michonne episode 1 is my favourite premiere of any of TTG's Walking Dead series.
    • I don't think Norma and her crew are all that bad. They did nothing to hurt Michonne or Pete... [ok, maybe not. I take that back.] I also enjoy how there is a lot of tension on who to really trust from your new-found survivors (the Monroe guys and Sam)
    • Better to Sleep is a better name for the S2 Finale.
  • I think over 80% of people agree with you, including me.

darkfoxTM posted: »

Lee should be fucking alive and protagonist.

1. I despised Luke and Carlos.
    2. Rebecca is underrated and was one of the better characters in S2.
    3. I preferred Lily rather than Kenny.
    4. Amid The Ruins was better than In Harm's Way.
    5. Leaving with Mike and Bonnie should've been an option.
    6. Walter was the best character in S2.
    7. I shit on Amid The Ruins a lot but it really wasn't that bad. The writers just failed to hide the illusion that choices matter well like they did with other episodes.
    8. It would've been cool if Sam was our little companion for the rest of the season.
    9. Leaving A.J should've been an option.
    10. I don't hate Arvo
    1. i did not mind carver's character in episode 3.

2. season 2 is flawed but still good.

3. jane is a better version of molly.

4. the stranger is acually an outlier when it comes to villains in the walking dead. carver and norma are what you normally see.

5. randell is just troy but written better.

6. I prefer season 2 clem to season 1.

• edited March 2016

I believe a thread like this was mad before. Must have been awhile ago

• I don't hate Arvo

• The Finale, Kenny and Jane choice was at times cringeful

• I don't hate Vernon

• Carver died WAY too soon to have even the slightest bit of impact

• I liked In Harm's Way better than Amid The Ruins (by a lot actually)

• I disliked most of the characters we were left with in No Going Back

• I kind of feel Starved For Help is overrated

• Despite his mistakes, Vernon was a okay dude.
    • Fuckin' love Ben.
    • Carver should of lived longer, and I kinda liked him.
    • Dislike Clem cussing, (these two most probably agree with) drinking, or smoking in season 2.
    • I hated Luke.
    • I like Sarah.
    • I like Duck.
    • I like Arvo.
    • I like Mike.
    • I like Bonnie.
    • I'm glad Sam The Dog had a short appearance. (Not that I disliked him.)
    • I liked Rebecca.
    • I enjoyed Season Two very much. I liked every episode.
  • Something predictable is better than something bad. Most of Season 2 was just random things happening, the story arc changed from episode to episode, it wasn't cohesive.

The game wasn't horrible, but it was mediocre at best.

derrickd95 posted: »

I'm one of the (seemingly) few people who prefer Season Two to Season One. Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion. The game just look

• If Clementine ever reappears, she should be the antagonist.

• edited March 2016

I though Season 2 was really good.

• edited March 2016

My biggest problem is when a characters are carrying objects and equipment, that you normally don't see it. It's almost like they put it in their pockets and that's it, like when Lee was carrying the battery that they had dug out of that car in S1 E4. A car battery can weigh up to 40 pounds, and that's not to be carried easily.

Also object to them killing Lee off at the end of season one. I like playing as Lee, I think that he was a far more intriguing character than Clementine, plus I enjoyed being able to play a character who would act as a Mentor/Father Figure to this little girl.

Another complaint that I have is Telltale throwaway characters, and we all know the ones I'm talking about. I'm talking about the characters back when you save, and they only end up dead later on and couple of episodes.

This is something that I seriously hope they change in season three, because otherwise it's going to get old really fast, and I think if that happens many are going to stop being fans of The Walking Dead game. At least I know I will, because it'll become too predictable.

Also, and I just happen to think about it, another thing that I object to is the lack of realism during fight. Like for example after Lee and Andy St.John scuffled, the only one who looked banged up was Andy, while Lee didn't have a single scratch on him. If you get into a fight, you are not going to not get hurt.

That is something else I hope Telltale gives greater attention to in S3.

• edited March 2016
    1. My only favourite character in Season 2 is Sarah
    2. I wish Carver was the antagonist of the whole Season
    3. Chuck should have lived longer cause he is one of the main reasons Clem is alive
    4. I hate Samantha so much, I'm waiting for her to die
    5. I wish there was a Season 2 ending where Clem ends up with Sarah, both Jane and Kenny are troublemakers
    6. I like Randall much more than Carver
    7. I hope some cool moments from the Show will happen in the game as well (For example: Rick's group vs 500 walkers from S6 E9)
    8. Shooting Jane myself should have been an option
    9. I hope Jane/Kenny won't last longer
    10. I wish there was a moment where Clem teachs Sarah more about the guns
    11. Luke is overrated
    12. I wish there were more options to be rude to Jane
  • edited March 2016

I think that Sarah is not to blame for Sarita getting bitten

I felt that the Kenny/Wellington Endings were sugar-coated, I may have cried but it felt a little cheesy and forcibly emotional to be honest.

I have sympathy for practically every character this Season - specifically Sarah, Bonnie(400 Days), Ben(Season 1) and Arvo, maybe even Mike.

I loved Season Two.

I liked Lilly and Larry.

• edited March 2016

Clementine is a terrible protagonist and one of the reasons S2 was so lackluster

• I agree on pretty much everything

AronDracula posted: »

* My only favourite character in Season 2 is Sarah * I wish Carver was the antagonist of the whole Season * Chuck should have lived longer

• Agreed

Journey95 posted: »

Clementine is a terrible protagonist and one of the reasons S2 was so lackluster

• I thought everyone knew that

dojo32161 posted: »

Arvo is one of my favorite characters.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It's still an unpopular opinion.

AronDracula posted: »

I thought everyone knew that

• edited March 2016
    • 1.) Lee should never have died. And should be Protagonist still.

• 2.) Out of the handful of characters to survive Season 1, Clementine was the absolute worst choice for leading Season 2. Fuckin' Boyd would've been a better choice.

• 3.) I don't agree with Clementine doing edgy shit for the sake of being edgy. Swearing, drinking, smoking, watching crowbars attack people's heads etc.

• 4.) Luke was an absolute bore.

• 5.) Walter was amazing.

• 6.) Nick was the best goddamn character in Season 2.

• 7.) I felt more attached to Sarah than I did to Season 2 Clem.

• 8.) Despite their survivalist ideals and what many other people think, I firmly believe that both Carver and Jane were two of the most breathtakingly stupid people we've met in TWD. Inb4 "because they oppose Kenny right?".... No. He's a dumbass too.

• 9.) Mike's still cool.

• 10.) I think they should've just shot Arvo immediately after the fight was over and kept heading toward the town. Not out of spite but practicality. How long did they think they could afford having a prisoner? Even if he was telling the truth about having food, you'd have to cut him loose or kill him eventually anyway.

• 11.) I want either Christa and/or the 400 days characters to be the stars of Season 3.

• edited April 2016

I like and dislike Clementine. For me it's hard to play as child and more fun to play as an adult (Sorry if I disapointed someone).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.