Uncharted Thread

Comments

• Does anyone remember that one gameplay trailer where it's a shootout and it starts playing as Drake and then the control shifts to Sam and then Elena then to sully the to two random guys. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream.

• "The poor fox."

"Bandicoot. It's a bandicoot."

• I'm really hating how you can't kick a certain woman's ass, she really irritates me. Fucking feminazis ruining everything

• I don't have the game, and won't be getting a PS4 so I'm missing out on this one, so if you could give me a run down of what you mean I'd appreciate it.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I'm really hating how you can't kick a certain woman's ass, she really irritates me. Fucking feminazis ruining everything

• edited May 2016

Nadine a female villain constantly gets in fist fights with Drake throughout the game but you can never land a single punch on her either because she defends it or because of an outside force, and he thinks that happens because of feminist interference.

I don't have the game, and won't be getting a PS4 so I'm missing out on this one, so if you could give me a run down of what you mean I'd appreciate it.

• Chapter 3 is before all the other Uncharted games. It's the chapter where Sam dies which should sort of make that clear. Sam wasn't in Uncharted 1, 2, or 3 and was never mentioned by Nathan or Sully in previous games.

• Did you get a chance to play it

AronDracula posted: »

I heard from a lot of people say it is awesome and better than TLOU and UC2.

• No, today it's time for me to buy it.

Did you get a chance to play it

• edited May 2016

I don't see how a female villain who is a mercenary for hire trained in hand-to-hand combat, who can best a untrained seasoned (and formerly retired) treasure hunter, equates to 'feminazis' ruining everything.

I'm really hating how you can't kick a certain woman's ass, she really irritates me. Fucking feminazis ruining everything

• Thanks. I guess I'd have to see it to really form an opinion either way, but it sounds to me like it's just a tough recurring enemy.

• Unbeatable bosses aren't all that rare, and Uncharted just so happen to introduce one in the form of Nadine to show how much of a threat she is to Nate and crew.

If Nadine could be beaten every time, then she would have came across as pathetic for someone who's supposed to be a mercenary for hire.

Thanks. I guess I'd have to see it to really form an opinion either way, but it sounds to me like it's just a tough recurring enemy.

• That's pretty much what I gathered, I just summed it up to tough recurring enemy. If you have a recurring enemy that poses no threat there isn't really much of a point.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Unbeatable bosses aren't all that rare, and Uncharted just so happen to introduce one in the form of Nadine to show how much of a threat she

• No one knows what i'm talking about?

papai46 posted: »

Does anyone remember that one gameplay trailer where it's a shootout and it starts playing as Drake and then the control shifts to Sam and then Elena then to sully the to two random guys. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream.

• There's more people hating on "feminazis" than actual feminazis.

• That I would say is debatable.

There's more people hating on "feminazis" than actual feminazis.

• Extremist feminists really are a vocal minority. It's just that normal feminists aren't that great either, what with how far feminism has strayed from its roots.

That I would say is debatable.

• I can agree that they're not as numerous as feminists on the whole, it's just I think their numbers get misrepresented because many of them have positions in media and platforms to reach the masses from, and that they aren't just vocal they're nuclear in the ways they act and react.

Extremist feminists really are a vocal minority. It's just that normal feminists aren't that great either, what with how far feminism has strayed from its roots.

• OMG, this day, my friends, I began playing Uncharted 4. I can't believe it. I reached chapter 9.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

It's story is fantastic, possibly the best story Naughty Dog has ever written. And no, it's got quite a few twist & turns without getting into spoiler territory.

so guys without going into spoilers,can you answer me a few questions: Is the game better in tearms of story than the last of us and unchar

You're thinking of the multiplayer trailer.

papai46 posted: »

Does anyone remember that one gameplay trailer where it's a shootout and it starts playing as Drake and then the control shifts to Sam and then Elena then to sully the to two random guys. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream.

• thanks man

CathalOHara posted: »

It's story is fantastic, possibly the best story Naughty Dog has ever written. And no, it's got quite a few twist & turns without getting into spoiler territory.

She's actually pretty badass, Nate and Sam have a good few funny moments with her too.

Thanks. I guess I'd have to see it to really form an opinion either way, but it sounds to me like it's just a tough recurring enemy.

edited May 2016

Finished Uncharted 4 today, loved every moment of it. It MIGHT be my favourite game of the series. Hard to tell yet, I really loved 2 (was my favourite PS3 game).

Have just started my Crushing playthrough now. Here's hoping I can once again get the platinum!

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Every time I play an Uncharted, I always find myself saying 'ah crap' a lot more. : P Nathan Drake is a bad role model (though I won't be jumping off of any trains anytime soon).

• Nate: "Don't you a*****es see the helicopter? I got enough trouble already"

kenjisalk posted: »

Every time I play an Uncharted, I always find myself saying 'ah crap' a lot more. : P Nathan Drake is a bad role model (though I won't be jumping off of any trains anytime soon).

• YES, THAT ONE! GOD BLESS YOU.

You're thinking of the multiplayer trailer. .

• Man, started today and at chapter 9? How long have you been playing!? I've done about 2 hours per day since the 10th (So, that's like 6 already) and I'm only at chp8. Although, it' probably cause I spent one day doing multiplayer instead of singleplayer... Either way, which chapter do you like the most so far? From what I've played, I love chp4, and then chp 7 is my second pick... All in all though it's been great. 10/10 at the moment.

OMG, this day, my friends, I began playing Uncharted 4. I can't believe it. I reached chapter 9.

• 4 hours

AChicken posted: »

Man, started today and at chapter 9? How long have you been playing!? I've done about 2 hours per day since the 10th (So, that's like 6 alre

• enter image description here

Wow. Okay, maybe its because I'm spending most of my time running around all the areas looking for the treasures, and that's slowing me down. My pace is really slow. To me, you look like you're speedrunning.

4 hours

• I really dig the multiplayer in this game. My only complaints is that a traditional leveling system is absent (and there are no plan to add one) and there are only 4 game modes in the base multiplayer. There will end up being more modes in the multiplayer DLC which excites me a lot along with more maps.

You're thinking of the multiplayer trailer. .

• I was the same but she does later on I just think she specifically trained so can understand but not even landing a single punch even when two is silly to

Fun fact But SJW actually hate her character because she played by white actress Laura Bailey

Idk hard one

• I completed it amazing story, graphics and gameplay

Only complaint was way to much climbing and moving crates in first half of the game with so few shooting sections. Plus very short

But when shooting sections came they were awesome second half of the game was perfect

I completed all Uncharteds and this to me is the best and perfect ending to Nathans story thank you Neil Druckmann and Naughty Dog for this adventure it was amazing

9/10

A must play imo

• Which is ironic given how there are plenty of non-white actors playing white characters, and no-one bats an eye.

A shame really, because I thought that Nadine was one of the better characters from the Uncharted series.

• edited May 2016

I finished the story of Uncharted 4. Holy crap was it a ride! Finished it in 14 hours and 50 minutes.

The beginning was intense, and they really changed the hand-to-hand combat system for this game. I usually depend on the "counter" to help win the fights, but with that only being used to get out of strangles, I had to change up my usual fighting style and Seeing Sam get shot during the prison break and Nate crying while escaping was very emotional.

Looking through all those artifacts, photos and journals really brought back memories. I liked how Nate also keeps a toy gun in his old holster to shoot at targets hanging up, which I guess is to help get it out of his system. When looking through the wedding photos of Nate and Elena, I just felt very happy for them. My favorite from the album was the one with Sully tearing up and I'm like "Aw Sully. I see you crying." And after reuniting with Sam and flashesback to his prison break while switching to Sam's POV and I realized "wait, I'm playing as Sam now? Oh shit!"

Throughout this adventure, I've really liked using the rope to get through obstacles and avoiding enemies while going high to land on them fist first. The first fight with Nadine was tough. Could barely hit her at all. The second fight against Nadine with Sam by my side, I was confident it would be easier, but damn, she really held her hold. And then came the truth: Sam had been lying as well the entire time, about his debt to this Hector Alcazor, and that he was even still around. God dammit. I mean, I was feeling skeptical of him but I didn't expect Rafe being the one to break him out. But at least Elena showed up and was able to make up with her husband. And running into those exploding mummies was not fun. While going through that second wooden platform trap without the footprints, it was luck that I hadn't fallen through any of them once.

That final sword fight against Rafe was epic. Only got scratched twice. But in the end, he got the treasure he wanted via a crushing defeat. Nadine may have gotten away, but I think its safe to say she won't cross paths with Nate and the others again. I was so sure that Sam was gonna die at that moment, but then Nate, as always, does a reckless move that saves him and everyone got out alive. Except Rafe and the Shoreline army. And that satisfies me.

When it got to the epilogue and I was playing Crash again, one thing I did not expect was playing a little girl about Ellie's age and then I see the dog and she calls out for her parents and I'm thinking "Wait, is she...? No way." And then I find the photos of Nate and Elena and then "Oh, she is their daughter! HOLY SHIT!" It was funny seeing Sully holding her as a baby while she made a boom-boom. XD But I then I start thinking, just how old is he at that point? I do like their daughter, Cassie. And it was nice how it ended when they both started telling her how they started fortune hunting after she found their secret stash. Like father like daughter.

One last thing. Even though Chloe and Charlie have been mentioned in this game, I still would've liked to have seen them show up at one point. but I still enjoyed this game very much. Next stop: Multiplayer.

• edited May 2016

Finished the story of Uncharted 4. OMG, it was so amazing, even better than Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us. Such a hell of a ride. That really is the biggest season Naughty Dog has done so far.

The beginning was so epic. Having abillities to drive vehicles. The hand combat was so different and better than the ones from previous games. The prison break is one of the best moments in Uncharted history. Sam getting shot during the prison break and Nate crying was so emotional. Losing a brother like that is so hard even thought he did survive.

There were so many gameplay mechanicsm from TLOU. Like exploring, examining at journals, photos, artifacts, moving big crates. I really loved the part where you can examine references from the previous games. Very well done. The best part was when you choose to play with the toy gun, Nate put on his gun hostler, to shoot hanging targets as a trainning. So awesome.

That easter egg of Playstation 1 and Crash Bandicoot. Holy Christ, that was one of the best easter eggs I've ever seen in Gaming History. I PLAYED A PS1 GAME IN A PS4 GAME, it blowed my mind so hard but I was terrible at that. Never owned a Playstation 1.

I was so glad that Elena and Sully got development at the same time unlike previous 2 games. What do I mean by that? Well, in Uncharted 2, Sully only appeared on only 2 chapters and at the end. And in Uncharted 3, Elena appeared on only 4 chapters and at the end.

The ability of using the grappling hook was awesome to avoid obstacles and land on enemies. About the fights with Nadine, I thought they were going to be easy but DAMN, that woman wasn't joking. Where did she learn how to fight? Army or CIA? Strongest villain in Uncharted history but I can't tell that she is even stronger than Lazarevic.

I was so surprised that I was playing as Sam through his "prison break". After finding the truth, I never expected Rafe to free Sam from the prison, that was such a wierd twist. I felt a little bit skeptical to Sam and thought he was gonna betray me just like how everyone theorized before the game came out. Glad it was disproved, we already had Flynn and Dante (Uncharted Golden Abyss) to deal with.

Running through those explosive mummies. Not funny, Naughty Dog. You put luck on the ones who went through them without causing explosions. Why are you giving Nate a hard time?

The sword fight with Rafe at the end was intense. Even harder than the fight with Lazarevic in UC2. I got scratched so many times. And Rafe's death was awesome. He was killed by the treasures he has been looking for. Best villain death ever. I thought for sure Sam was going to die when he was convincing Nate to leave him. But Drake was soooo smart. Bringing water around to save Sam by shooting a cannon on the ship.

I love that the game ended with no heros dying, many players theorized that Nate was going to die at the end as the title of the game was A Thief's End but Naughty Dog disproved it, so proud of them.

When I got to epilogue, I was so confused while I was playing Crash again, I thought it was Nate trying to beat Elena's score. When I was playing as that little girl who was likely of Ellie's age from TLOU, I was so curious who she is, when I looked at the photo of Nate and Elena, I reacted like "You are Drake's daughter? WTF?". Playing as her reminded me playing as Sarah from TLOU. I started to like Nate's daughter, Cassie Drake. I really loved how it ended. Nate telling her about his adventures. Like father and daughter. Best ending ever.

So that's it. That is the end of Uncharted triology, my friends. I'm crying because of it. I loved the story of Nathan Drake, one of the best gaming characters in history. Amazing story, amazing characters, amazing gameplay. Thank you, Naughty Dog. 10/10 for the best season they have done so far.

One last thing. There are 2 things that I was disappointed about the final game.

1.Nadine just betrayed Rafe, locked him and Nate in the ship to die, walked away and that's it? No boss fight with her? She clearly is the only villain in Uncharted history who escaped unscratched. But I guess I'm fine because she isn't a treasure hunter so she won't bother Drake ever again.

2.Though Cutter and Chloe were mentioned, it would have been much better if they had showed up at some points in this game, but that's okay I guess.

What can I say next? Goodbye Nathan Drake. Goodbye Uncharted.

• So what are your order of Uncharted games? Here are mine:

1. Uncharted 4
    2. Uncharted 2
    3. Uncharted 3
    4. Uncharted 1
  • I'd say about the same order for 4 and 1. Kinda a mix-up for 2 and 3 for me.

So what are your order of Uncharted games? Here are mine: * Uncharted 4 * Uncharted 2 * Uncharted 3 * Uncharted 1

1. Uncharted 3
    2. uncharted 2
    3. uncharted 4
    4. uncharted 1

You have not idea how close they are. i love this game so i really cant rank that well, but i know 3 is still my favorite. really i could be 4 as #2 and #1 as 3 and #2 as 2&3, really doesnt matter, because they all are 9s

So what are your order of Uncharted games? Here are mine: * Uncharted 4 * Uncharted 2 * Uncharted 3 * Uncharted 1

I'm the same when I watch Red Dwarf, end up having a habit saying "Smeg" more often when I watch it. :P "Crap" is part of my regular vocabulary however. xD

kenjisalk posted: »

Very short? I thought the game was by far the longest Uncharted, I thought I was on the final chapter when I was only over halfway through at one point.

Markd4547 posted: »

I completed it amazing story, graphics and gameplay Only complaint was way to much climbing and moving crates in first half of the game w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.