The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Do you live in the country? Always err towards being overly cautious if you think you heard something weird... someone could be casing the place

Crips posted: »

I think I'm going insane. At midnight this night I heard something gasping outside the window. My mom who sleeps in a room nearby said she h

• Well, it's very appreciated.

It's hard because I know my words are hardly any consolation for what you're going through... just know that your forum mates care about you

• edited July 2016

Hey guys, should I watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

I saw the first one and loved it, but no one had time to take me to see the second one.

• Check the Payday builds Reddit.

Hey, can you guys send me a link to a useful PAYDAY 2 build? After the skill revamp, I have no idea what skills I want.

• Can't wait for the new NES mini. $60 for a classic console with 30 pre installed games? That's an epic deal

• Watch it. Maybe you'll like it.

Hey guys, should I watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2? I saw the first one and loved it, but no one had time to take me to see the second one.

• Yeah, I saw the news article about that earlier today. For that to be an official thing sold from Nintendo, the game selection is surprisingly good and has a great combination of cult classics and well known titles.

Can't wait for the new NES mini. $60 for a classic console with 30 pre installed games? That's an epic deal

• Weird that ND's servers won't allow Britain to get in the multiplayer. (unless I'm interpreting your comment wrong.) But, I don't think I can help. But hey, at least you've got the single player, right? :)

AronDracula posted: »

Britain

• Wow. I'm running out of questions for the answer the question above you thread.

Is anyone else running out of questions?

• You could ask that on the thread.

Viola!

Wow. I'm running out of questions for the answer the question above you thread. Is anyone else running out of questions?

• I'd give it a 7.5/10. The trailers hyped up some moments a bit too much, but it was an enjoyable one though. Try it out, you'll never know if you like it unless you try it.

Hey guys, should I watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2? I saw the first one and loved it, but no one had time to take me to see the second one.

• Y'know, I'm starting to feel like Fallout 4 is severely underrated.

On nearly every forum or website I go on, I'm seeing people hating on the game, saying "it's not a real fallout game" or "not a good rpg". I see people saying this everywhere, and honestly, it's making me feel like a shit person, just for liking the game.

People really overreact about how disappointing games are sometimes. Sure, Fallout 4 didn't live up to the hype, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game or bad RPG. All of the Fallout games have their strengths and weaknesses.

• edited July 2016

Played and finished Inside just now. It's a short game that's not hard at all. I haven't found all the lamps(5/14 first play), so those may be more difficult. I did really enjoy it and it's unexplained ending. I have my own theory as do others. It IS really short(I beat it in 5hrs while watching TV and pausing... so maybe 4 playing casually). Good job Playdead.

The game is from the developers of LIMBO and is very much a spiritual successor. The atmosphere and my own interest in trying to unravel the story made it worth the $20 price tag. That's just me though. Do not expect a challenge. I don't know why I'm specifying on this site anymore. It is more challenging than modern TTGs but less challenging than old TTGs.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2016

I haven't found all the lamps(5/14 first play),

That sounds about how many lamps I had found too.

It IS really short(I beat it in 5hrs while watching TV and pausing... so maybe 4 playing casually).

I didn't keep track of time, but my play through felt like 2.5 or 3 hours with frequent pausing (but less distractions).

Overall, I was a pretty big fan of the game myself. Unlike Limbo (or other horror games), I felt genuine dread playing this game, which is due to how atmospheric the game is. The minimalistic ambiance of the game really helped portray a sense of atmosphere, and showed how sometimes, less is more.

AV Club did a really fantastic review of the game that summarizes why I loved it so much.

Restraint rarely gets the credit it deserves. We’re so quick to shower attention on the biggest and the boldest, when knowing how to hold back and get the most out of your limitations is an equally laudable skill. It opens up new realms of connection and expression, allowing the material that’s there to stand tall and the audience to fill in what’s missing. With one strange little game, Limbo, the developers at Playdead emerged as flag-bearers for this ethos, masters of minimalism and mood

[...]

And discomfort is what Playdead has proven itself to be best at creating. The studio understands that there’s disquiet in the unknown and the undefined, and that what’s unheard and unseen can be even more powerful than what’s right in front of us. This is a philosophy that informs Inside’s every trait, from its ambiguous narrative to its uncomplicated character designs and fragile soundscapes.

Johro posted: »

Played and finished Inside just now. It's a short game that's not hard at all. I haven't found all the lamps(5/14 first play), so those ma

• Death toll risen to at least 80 now in Nice. What the actual fuck.

• What did you get out of the ending? Personally, I got the whole "you were a means to an end" thing. I see there is a substantial divide with players as to what they got out of it. The whole control theme mixed with the game ending upon escape. Control ending when the objective was met. I saw the player as being controlled just like all the other drones.

I haven't found all the lamps(5/14 first play), That sounds about how many lamps I had found too. It IS really short(I beat it

• A crowd of people are an easy target for an elephant-sized hunk of metal. As disgusting as this number is, it is unfortunately not surprising.

Chilled posted: »

Death toll risen to at least 80 now in Nice. What the actual fuck.

• I think the Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a pretty good film. The writing is shit of course, but in every other aspect, it's leaps and bounds better than the first. It's not as good as the original Spider-Man 2, but the CGI is great, the story is great, the acting is great and the action is badass.

• As long as Zelda, Final Fantasy and Metroid are on it, I'll buy the shit out of it.

Can't wait for the new NES mini. $60 for a classic console with 30 pre installed games? That's an epic deal

• Congrats! I'm happy for ya!

finally things seem tobe going my way im getting a better payed job with a more happy boss and me and my girlfriend are planning on living together.

• That sounds awful for multiple reasons. I hope everything goes okay for him.

Something bad happened to TheRadBrad, a gaming youtuber. His mom disappeared and he has no idea where she is, he checked her home and tried to call her. Poor Brad.

• edited July 2016

I really miss someone that was banned from the forums. Ever since he got banned, life on the forums has been really boring.

• I honestly felt like Fallout 4 was underrated some time ago. Just like you, everywhere I go on the internet, the first thing I see about Fallout 4 is how much it sucks and how horrible it is compared to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas... and do seriously people call it overrated? It's not even high praised by almost any site, how is it overrated in the first place?

And yeah, lots of people are saying that it's the one of the worst RPGs ever... That's just overreacting, because there are way worse RPGs out there, but I can't really be bothered with that right now. Oh, and just for the record, if some people think that Fallout 4 is the worst in the franchise, then clearly they didn't check Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Y'know, I'm starting to feel like Fallout 4 is severely underrated. On nearly every forum or website I go on, I'm seeing people hating on

• i havent played tlou remastered yet but is mp more stable than ps3

I have a problem with the MP. My region of my main account doesn't let me play MP and I'm forced to use the one with USA region to make it g

• thanks blind sniper :D

Congrats on having things turn around for you, glad to hear that!

• thanks clemyclooandbabayboo

Congrats! I'm happy for ya!

• edited July 2016

i could actually imagine the president playing fallout 3 in particular

Johro posted: »

I don't really understand why it's an issue for either party. Both are two generations away from Millennials. They do not share the same i

• And there are bound to be many more. Everyone's gonna express their condolences, make some pointless hashtag or put a filter on their profile pic, and then wait until the next time to do it all again.

A crowd of people are an easy target for an elephant-sized hunk of metal. As disgusting as this number is, it is unfortunately not surprising.

• ive been trying to find the brotherhood of steel game just to see how bad it was

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I honestly felt like Fallout 4 was underrated some time ago. Just like you, everywhere I go on the internet, the first thing I see about Fal

• Between Trump and Hillary the only thing I'd believe is if Trump came out and said he is a big Pac-Man fan. For some reason, I'd believe that. It just seems right.

i could actually imagine the president playing fallout 3 in particular

• It's Noah (or Sal), or just Clemy if you want. The whole ClemyClooAndBabyBoo name is a mouthful honestly. XD

thanks clemyclooandbabayboo

• Id say fallout new vegas fanboys hate fallout 4, but the vast majority of people liked the game. I thought it was really good

Gary-Oak posted: »

Y'know, I'm starting to feel like Fallout 4 is severely underrated. On nearly every forum or website I go on, I'm seeing people hating on

• Islamic state keeps losing territories, desertion increases, and some of their minor figures keep dying, just as the redbearded general from east europa two days ago.

Families and relatives are going to do their condolences, wow, so weak of them.

And there are bound to be many more. Everyone's gonna express their condolences, make some pointless hashtag or put a filter on their profile pic, and then wait until the next time to do it all again.

• edited July 2016

Hope your friend is okay. I can't imagine anything worse than not knowing if someone you care about is okay or not.

Euron posted: »

Seeing the numbers of citizens in Nice the chance of her being crushed are still hugely low, hopefully. Before they always attacked the c

• enter image description here

I have no interest in neither the game nor movie. One of my favorite YouTubers is playing the game and I thought I'd take a look. Big mistak

• Families and relatives are going to do their condolences, wow, so weak of them.

Expressing your condolences is all well and good, but words won't stop terrorists. IS is losing territory, which is great, but how many more people are going to die in these desperate attacks until Islamic State dies off?

Euron posted: »

Islamic state keeps losing territories, desertion increases, and some of their minor figures keep dying, just as the redbearded general from east europa two days ago. Families and relatives are going to do their condolences, wow, so weak of them.

• I feel the same, but I'm assuming we're talking about different people.

I really miss someone that was banned from the forums. Ever since he got banned, life on the forums has been really boring.

• Yes, she's ok and her relatives and family weren't celebrating there, so from a personal POV it's ok.

Hope your friend is okay. I can't imagine anything worse than not knowing if someone you care about is okay or not.

• France is bombing them since two years, so no, people don't respond only by words, the army is taking care of it. That's sad, depressing, but people are going to die in these attacks until they understand that they're fighting for a war they lost long ago.

It's happening in France, but it's happening in a lot of countries too.

Also even if it seems obvious to be from the Islamic State, this one didn't say it was its doing yet.

Families and relatives are going to do their condolences, wow, so weak of them. Expressing your condolences is all well and good, bu

• I said I can play the MP

AChicken posted: »

Weird that ND's servers won't allow Britain to get in the multiplayer. (unless I'm interpreting your comment wrong.) But, I don't think I can help. But hey, at least you've got the single player, right?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.