Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• edited June 2016

I have noticed something. In every seasons of the show, a king dies.

Season 1: Robert Baratheon

Season 2: Renly Baratheon

Season 3: Robb Stark

Season 4: Joffrey Baratheon

Season 5: Stannis Baratheon

Season 6: Balon Greyjoy

If Tommen dies this season, the pattern is broken.

• Spoiler tag please!

I'm trying desperately to reply to this without reading the comment. XD

• Sorry, I didn't know you planned to binge watch the whole season. :(

AgentZ46 posted: »

Spoiler tag please! I'm trying desperately to reply to this without reading the comment. XD

• edited June 2016

I'm not, I'm just not completely caught up and a LOT has been spoiled for me for GOT in the past.

EDIT: btw it's okay. A lot of people (including me) have done it. It's just easy to assume everyone's seen it or doesn't care.

Sorry, I didn't know you planned to binge watch the whole season.

• I've pointed that out in a previous thread too, and then someone said it doesn't count because Dany's brother (Viserys? He's so forgettable for me) also dies in season 1.

• edited June 2016

The game is underrated.

enter link description here

EDIT: If you wanna see the link, click it, and delete everything in the search bar before the second "www"

• When the Gate at Ironrath falls, Bloodsong can be spotted for an instant, he runs away (After the gate falls)

• Screenshot please

Nik02003 posted: »

When the Gate at Ironrath falls, Bloodsong can be spotted for an instant, he runs away (After the gate falls)

• Apologies if this has been covered already, but what happens in the sentinel's final stand if Rodrik had previously told Elaena that she doesn't belong there? I know that if she stays she is dragged away and Rodrik lifts his hand towards her, but are there dialogue options or an alternate scene if Elaena had already left?

• It just skips to the part where the sentinel places Rodrik on the horse, no alternate dialogue, which I was a bit disappointed by.

Apologies if this has been covered already, but what happens in the sentinel's final stand if Rodrik had previously told Elaena that she doe

• Thanks

TheFurryOne posted: »

5:25 enter link description here

• Aw man that's disappointing. Makes me glad that Asher had the chance to say thank you to the sentinel.

It just skips to the part where the sentinel places Rodrik on the horse, no alternate dialogue, which I was a bit disappointed by.

• Thankfully I killed the traitor so I got to see my sentinel again. Although for some reason the sentinel does their "sacrifice" part where they begin fighting the Whitehills as Rodrik leaves Ironrath even if the traitor is dead.

Aw man that's disappointing. Makes me glad that Asher had the chance to say thank you to the sentinel.

• This one is about the show and not the game :

Both King in the north : King Robb and King Jon when elected looked at their respective mother and 'sister'

enter image description here enter image description here

It could be some foreshadowing of what might happen next in the show :

• It could mean that just like catelyn ,she might commit treason to achieve a 'selfish' goal

• it could mean that just like Jon is shown to look a lot like Eddard Stark and Sansa also shown to look a lot like Catelyn Stark . (im sure you know where i am going and what i'm implying ...)

• it could mean that just like Catelyn , she'll always somehow support Jon , even if she betrays him in some way or another

• or it doesn't mean anything and was just a shout ou to that famous stark power scene from season 1 .

• Yeah it was a bit disappointing that Rodrik didn't get to say anything to his Sentinel if you send Elaena away. It is odd, but the final sequence with Rodrik just flows better if Elaena is taken away.

The same with Mira's death. While I don't want her to die, her execution scene have a conclusive feeling to it and made the final episode flows better too.

It just skips to the part where the sentinel places Rodrik on the horse, no alternate dialogue, which I was a bit disappointed by.

• Thanks Furry, i didn't have a screenshot. XD

5:25 enter link description here

• When Ludd enters Ironrath's great hall, he does the same animation that Rodrik did when he entered Ironrath during Sons of Winter

Minute: 3:50

• edited July 2016

So here's an odd one; Rodrick "The Ruined" Forrester isn't the first Rod(e)rick to be associated with ruins. I was reading through The World Of Ice And Fire (10/10, would recommend) and when talking about important battles in The Dance Of Dragons (the war between Aegon II and Rhaenyra Targaryen, not the 5th book) it mentions

Butcher's Ball, where Aegon II's Hand, Ser Criston Cole, challanged Ser Geribald Grey, Lord Roderick Dustin (called the Ruin)

So Ludd bragging about how his men have a new name for Rodrick is kinda funny now. Ser Royland is right, the Whitehills really are nothing more than up-jumped thieves!

But I'd take it as a compliment since the first Roderick the Ruin was a total badass judging from his wiki page.

Roderick died during the First Battle of Tumbleton while leading his northmen against Lord Ormund Hightower. Although Ser Bryndon Hightower chopped off Roderick's shield arm, Lord Dustin was able to slay both Hightowers before dying himself.[1]

The man's only got 1 arm and he's still killing people! That's some Lee Everett level shit right there brah.

• Rodrik*
    I just can't take anyone who spells Rodrik as "Rodrick" seriously..

Joe_Momma posted: »

So here's an odd one; Rodrick "The Ruined" Forrester isn't the first Rod(e)rick to be associated with ruins. I was reading through The World

• All the cool information that this good man provided and people are still salty about Rodrik's name being misspelled... smh

Rodrik* I just can't take anyone who spells Rodrik as "Rodrick" seriously..

• It's been a long time since GoT came out and people still misspell his name.. As a HUGE fan of the game and the TV show, of course I'm salty about it..

All the cool information that this good man provided and people are still salty about Rodrik's name being misspelled... smh

• edited July 2016

I am a HUGE fan of the show, game, and the books and the misspelling does not bother me. It is the internet... people misspell things all the time and this is the same as any other misspelling. You constantly pointing it out won't stop people from spelling it wrong and by doing so you simply derail the topic from whatever OP was saying in the first place.

It's been a long time since GoT came out and people still misspell his name.. As a HUGE fan of the game and the TV show, of course I'm salty about it..

• Well it makes me feel better to point out mistakes. Like you said, it is the internet, people do all kinds of stuff.. Kinda like Grammar Nazis.. They like pointing out mistakes.. :D

I am a HUGE fan of the show, game, and the books and the misspelling does not bother me. It is the internet... people misspell things all th

• Yeah I know how you feel...

Rodrik* I just can't take anyone who spells Rodrik as "Rodrick" seriously..

• If Tommen dies this season, the pattern is broken.

Well, it just got broken :P

• How are Ramsay's dogs alive if he hasn't fed them in a week? Unless it's some kind of riddle and he just had one of his men feed them which would mean something other than it's literal intention or he could just be talking about feeding them humans. I'm unsure

• If they had enough water than they could have lived without food for a month.

Clemenem posted: »

How are Ramsay's dogs alive if he hasn't fed them in a week? Unless it's some kind of riddle and he just had one of his men feed them which

• Gryff says different things when getting dragged out of the greathall in ep4 depending on your choices.

• If you show Gryff mercy, he screams "Coward! Bloody coward!"
    • If you beat him a bit but don't stab his eye at all, then he yells "This isn't over, Rodrik!"
    • If you stab his eye out but don't knock him out, he mutters "I can't see... I can't see anything..."
    • And then of course if you stab his eye and then knock him out, he gets dragged out completely limp and unconscious.
  • I don't know if this has been posted, sorry if it has already been mentioned.

These are what Cersei say depending on what your results are at the ending.

Unwavering Conviction: "They fought hard, I'll give them that. But they were too bold. Defiant when they should have been smart. Ruthless instead of shrewd."
    Cunning Strategy: "They fought hard, I'll give them that. But they were reckless. Shrewd when they should have been bold. Impetuous to the last."
    Instinct and Nobility: "They were clever, I'll give them that. But far too sentimental. Ruled by emotions when they should have been smart. Instinctive instead of shrewd."
    Fierce Passion: "They were passionate, I'd give them that. But they were ruled by their whims. Impetuous when they should have been shrewd. Noble and just to the end. But weak."

There is also what Cersei say at the beginning. She can either say "I know these Forresters." or "I am not unfamiliar with these Forresters." I don't know what makes Cersei say that.

• Seems like whatever you do, nothing will please Cersei.

You can't be too bold but you still have to be bold, you have to be smart but not clever, you have to be shrewd instead of ruthless, instinctive or impetuous but you have to be bold instead of shrewd. You can't be sentimental, or ruled by whims or ruled by emotions or passionate or noble or just because that makes you weak and foolish. And most importantly you can't be defiant, you must be smart.

You cannot win...

I don't know if this has been posted, sorry if it has already been mentioned. These are what Cersei say depending on what your results ar

• edited August 2016

NVM, I knew all of those :p

So which one do you prefer doing?

Gryff says different things when getting dragged out of the greathall in ep4 depending on your choices. * If you show Gryff mercy, he s

• I spit on him, because before that episode I told myself I would spit on a Whitehill if given the chance, haha.

NVM, I knew all of those So which one do you prefer doing?

• Rodrik has an extremely slight limp in Episode 6. I never noticed it until now, it's most notable when he's walking up to Elaena to discuss her staying or leaving, and sometimes you can catch his right shoulder jerking down more than his left when he walks due to the limp. It only seems to affect him when he's walking, though, not when he's running or fighting. That said, I would have liked to see it impact the fight in Episode 6 (or in Asher's version, the crossbow he took to the back of the leg).

• This guy (Thermund) was Gregor's Sentinel:

enter image description here

I realised this after finding a voice line in Episode 1's files regarding Thermund. It's from Duncan, and appears around the time that Ethan is asking him who he would recommend for Sentinel.

I later asked resident TTG legend Arthur V about this and he confirmed it.

• I always thought Gregor's sentinel was Norren for some reason.

JakeSt123 posted: »

This guy (Thermund) was Gregor's Sentinel: I realised this after finding a voice line in Episode 1's files regarding Thermund. It's f

• edited August 2016

Double post.

This guy (Thermund) was Gregor's Sentinel: I realised this after finding a voice line in Episode 1's files regarding Thermund. It's f

• Same, but it does make sense that it's Thermund. The camera lingers on his corpse for a while as a sort of "Look at this, this dude is dead and that's meaningful somehow" thing.

Norren must also have some sort of notability, perhaps as the Forresters' Captain of the Guards?

I always thought Gregor's sentinel was Norren for some reason.

• Huh guess that Thermund must have been very special, I know appearance can fool, but from what little we hear and see of him, he doesn't seem particularly Sentinel-Material. But then again we know so little about him.

I am wondering if Gregor chose him or he was Gregor's father's Sentinel.

• Well you may have noticed Thermund was pretty chill around Gregor. When he was making fun of Norren and Gregor said "You're questioning Norren's honor?" everyone else was all "oh, woah" as if they were expecting Gregor to be serious or lay down the law but Thermund was very relaxed and continued joking, like he knew Gregor had no issue. I got the impression that they were close friends.

Huh guess that Thermund must have been very special, I know appearance can fool, but from what little we hear and see of him, he doesn't see

Sign in to comment in this discussion.