Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

edited October 2017 in The Walking Dead

When you first, played the games did you have any theories, that afterwards really made you laugh, or think god what was i wrong about that.

Well this, are the theories i had while playing, the games for the first time.

I actually, believed Carley was the one stealing the supplies, I kinda didn't like the way she suddenly threw herself at Lee.
Because i found it abit random, how she first was totally into Doug, and suddenly she apparently out of nowhere, starts flirting with Lee, and kissing his cheek.
So that kinda made me suspicious of her, so in the RV-Scene, i actually said that i thought she was the traitor xd.

Also, when playing the first episode of TWD S2, i thought Uncle Pete would have allot of screen-time in the story, and would be kinda like a father figure to Clementine, abit similiar to Lee.

And, when i played the Michonne episodes, i thought Samantha would be the protagonist in S3.
Seems, i was wrong on that one to since her character is now made determinant.

Comments

• edited April 2016

I thought there would be an ending where Sarah, Clementine and AJ would be alone together in the end, like brother and sisters, judging from how little attention Sarah got and teaching her how to use a gun, and how lot attention AJ got. That woulda been my preferred ending, but it wasn't the ending I got :(

• I think, both of her death-scenes where really cruel and from my point of view, totally unnecessary,to add into the story.
    It felt to me like, cheap-shock value.

I thought there would be an ending where Sarah, Clementine and AJ would be alone together in the end, like brother and sisters, judging from

• Agreed.

I think, both of her death-scenes where really cruel and from my point of view, totally unnecessary,to add into the story. It felt to me like, cheap-shock value.

• edited January 2017

I thought that the (?) ...will remember that. notifications meant that the character would actually remember that and it'd somehow be important in the future. That's why I tried to save Shawn instead of Duck in the first episode.

Also I thought that you could just leave Ben and co. in the forest at the beginning of episode 2 and that bringing them with us was a choice. I was quite surprised at the amount of plot involvement he had in Episode 3 since I believed he was a determinant character.

• I always thought S2 was going to be much darker. I imagined a much darker ending, I read a really good theory awhile back. Basically Wellington would've been an empty city, no walkers, no humans, nothing. Clementine would roam around looking for survivors, then the blizzard would start causing Clementine to laugh insanely as the credits role...

• edited April 2016

I thought I would expect an ending where Clem, Sarah and Aj end up alone. That's the ending I wanted to have in Season 2. Sarah's fate is my most hated thing which happened in Season 2. She didn't deserve to die like that. I fucking hated Season 2 for forcing us to end up with Kenny or Jane. They're nothing but troublemakers.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Clementine would roam around looking for survivors, then the blizzard would start causing Clementine to laugh insanely as the credits role...

With all due respect to both you and the guy that originally posted this theory, that sounds stupid. I can't imagine Clementine/Melissa pulling off an insane laugh that doesn't end up sounding overly hammy or cringey, nor can I see that ending being played off without everyone either not liking it, or thinking it's unintentionally funny.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I always thought S2 was going to be much darker. I imagined a much darker ending, I read a really good theory awhile back. Basically Welling

• I still liked the whole Wellington being an empty city idea, would've preferred a much darker ending.

Deltino posted: »

Clementine would roam around looking for survivors, then the blizzard would start causing Clementine to laugh insanely as the credits role..

• I still like Kenny, but I totally agree with this.

AronDracula posted: »

I thought I would expect an ending where Clem, Sarah and Aj end up alone. That's the ending I wanted to have in Season 2. Sarah's fate is my

• I do as well but I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more.

I still like Kenny, but I totally agree with this.

• I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more

Didn't work on me :)

I do as well but I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more.

• Before S2 E4 I pictured Parker's Run as a big abandoned museum and I thought we'd find Eddie living in their or something. Then when the achievements leaked I thought Carver's group and the 400 days characters were going to attack the museum and there'd be a massive shootout where we'd have to defend it.

• In S1 Ep5 I believed Lee was still alive, because I heard breathing when the screen went black, but it was actually Dave Fennoy crying.

• Hey, If you want to see something like this, I highly suggest you to read trough this fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11706122/1/Three-Orphan-Pilgrimage-An-Alternative-to-Season-3 ( You have to read the previous one to undestand, but trust me, it is amazing )

I thought there would be an ending where Sarah, Clementine and AJ would be alone together in the end, like brother and sisters, judging from

• In Season 1 I was not expecting Lee to die from the bite given his arm was amputated, after all Hershel in Season One was bitten on the leg and survived do to amputation so why could not have Lee. I also agree with those who said Sarah's death was unnecessary she did not deserve such a brutal death and it was kinda cheap that you were able to save her at the trailer park only to be killed off later.

• edited April 2016

I thought that Lee was smart, then he goes for the walkie talkie by the garbage without caution as though he has never encountered a walker before even when you specifically pick to look first.

I initially thought S1 was well written, but after posting in these forums for a few months I realize it was not. Carly is an adult and doesn't know how batteries freaking work?! Seriously?

• Same here. I picked the garbage because I thought Lee would kill the walker in there. And yeah for an adult not knowing how to enter batteries is just off.

alexgo posted: »

I thought that Lee was smart, then he goes for the walkie talkie by the garbage without caution as though he has never encountered a walker

• When I first played S2 E4 (hope that counts), Jane and Rebecca get into a small argument about Rebecca's baby. When Rebecca accuses Jane of implying that she can't take care of her baby once it's born, Jane says "Hey, I've seen it before! In the beginning, me and my sister, we were--" and it gets cut off by Rebecca.

I thought back to Season 1 and thought that maybe Jane was in Crawford with her sister since Anna Corea was pregnant. I thought that maybe Jane and her sister stuck around with Anna after the fall of Crawford long enough to see the baby be born, and then die due to Anna's incapability.

Eh, obviously not a rock solid theory as it depends on one line from Jane, but yeah.

• Sure it counts :p

I just think, its fun to see which theories people had while playing all the episodes for the first time.

When I first played S2 E4 (hope that counts), Jane and Rebecca get into a small argument about Rebecca's baby. When Rebecca accuses Jane of

• edited April 2016

Here's some that I can remember. Some of which are still ongoing.

Season 1:

• Lee's wife is still alive and Clem would meet her in Season 2. She may appear in Season 3.
    • At the end of EP5, the two figures that Clem saw walking in the distance were not Omid and Christa.
    • Lily is still alive and Clem would meet her in Season 2. She may appear in Season 3.

Season 2:

• Christa is still alive.
    • Jane and Lily know each other.
    • Eddie and Jane talking about circuses/amusement parks are hints for new locations in Season 3.
    • Based on Clem's gun lesson, Sarah would either save someone or kill someone by accident.
    • Based on the slide of EP4, Clem would become more evil. And the group would run into Eddie and his group.
    • In EP5, AJ would die somehow and Wellington would be empty.
    • In EP5, in Jane's ending, the family is pretending to be innocent and are really murderous bandits.
    • In EP5, the fight between Kenny and Jane was originally Kenny and Luke. Jane would be the one to drown in the lake.
  • I'm not intending to bash on him while saying this. I genuinely thought that Season 2 recurrently pushed players to be around him and like him, even against their will. It's funny how much of different impressions that season has given people.

I do as well but I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more.

• Apart from what most of us thought, about going to the small town with the church…

I thought that Arvo would truthfully lead us to his base, but that there would be even more of his friends, because why the hell wouldn't there be? I was half-relieved, half-bugged out when we got there.

• Come to think of it, Arvo's was stashing a bag of medical supplies, and Jane supposed he might have been a druggie. We know Eddie smokes pot and was in the episode 4 title card, but the plot was rewritten by the halfway point and he ended up not showing up. Maybe it was supposed to be him stashing the meds?

Here's some that I can remember. Some of which are still ongoing. Season 1: * Lee's wife is still alive and Clem would meet her in S

• Good point :)

I didn't even think, about that Arvo could have more friends at his camp while playing the game.
    But now that, i think back about it the group, should really have kept that in thought while going to the house Arvo was leading them to.

Apart from what most of us thought, about going to the small town with the church… I thought that Arvo would truthfully lead us to his ba

• I believe Kenny said something along those lines, but I can't remember if he suggested that there could've been other people. The rest didn't seem worried about that.

By the way, nice topic for a thread! It refreshes the sub-forum a little bit.

Good point I didn't even think, about that Arvo could have more friends at his camp while playing the game. But now that, i think back about it the group, should really have kept that in thought while going to the house Arvo was leading them to.

• Yeah. It had to of been Eddie instead of Arvo originally.

Come to think of it, Arvo's was stashing a bag of medical supplies, and Jane supposed he might have been a druggie. We know Eddie smokes pot

• I don't think Clem would ever meet Lee's ex-wife, but Lee does say that she's up in Virginia (where Luke's group was). So we know that Lee didn't kill her.

Here's some that I can remember. Some of which are still ongoing. Season 1: * Lee's wife is still alive and Clem would meet her in S

• edited April 2016

Yeah, it probably won't happen. But it could be interesting if the writers made it happen. I imagined them talking and Lee's ex-wife says how regretful she is about cheating on her ex-husband and wonders where he is. Then after she says his name, Clem's eyes widen and we have the option to either explain everything or say nothing.

I don't think Clem would ever meet Lee's ex-wife, but Lee does say that she's up in Virginia (where Luke's group was). So we know that Lee didn't kill her.

• edited April 2016

Thank you :)

But i don't think Kenny, said anything about the house having more of Arvo's friends.
    He was more concerned about the fact,that Arvo was possibly lying that there would be food :p

But i could be wrong, i only played S2 once and that was a while back.

I believe Kenny said something along those lines, but I can't remember if he suggested that there could've been other people. The rest didn't seem worried about that. By the way, nice topic for a thread! It refreshes the sub-forum a little bit.

• The first time I played trough S1 I thought Lee would live and he will somehow be separated from Clem and they will meet again in S2 after some time had passed

• I thought that teaching Sarah how to shoot would help her in the future.

How naive I was...

• Sarah wasn't like Clementine and one was gonna have to do something "not friendly"...

• I think that actually was the original idea (minus the insane laugh), but then rumor has it, Season 2 was rewritten for whatever reason and they didn't include that.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I still liked the whole Wellington being an empty city idea, would've preferred a much darker ending.

• I expected Sarah to live to the point where she would at least use her minimal knowledge of how to use a gun. Now the scene where you teach her how to shoot seems pointless.

• You wanna know what makes this even stupider? She technically had a gun and bullets that wouldshould have been provided to her by previous plot points between Clementine and Jane.

ralo229 posted: »

I expected Sarah to live to the point where she would at least use her minimal knowledge of how to use a gun. Now the scene where you teach her how to shoot seems pointless.

• In season 1 I thought Glen would return with his friends and save us from the "Stranger". At the time I didn't much about the comics or timelines....

• Season 1 was the game that introduced me to Tell Tale. It's funny looking back, but on Christmas morning, I got episode 1 for free. I liked it but was meh about it at the time. Nearly a year later, many encouraged me to get episodes 2-5, I replayed episode 1 and loved it. After that I went on to buy anything that Tell Tale made. Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Wolf among Us, Minecraft Story Mode, Walking Dead Season 2, and Walking Dead Michonne. I don't know anything about Game of Thrones and still loved it. Minecraft Story Mode got me into Minecraft. I can't wait for the 13th to get Batman for 360 and I'm very excited for Season 3 Walking Dead. I'm happy that Tell Tale is making last gen ports still. I was planning on upgrading to One this year until Nintendo said that they were releasing Nintendo Flashback this year. I decided to get that and the original Wii due to how cheap the games are now. To answer your question, I had no theories as it was a wild ride.

• They waited too long to amputate his arm and that's why Lee died from the bite. The infection already had moved through his body. Lee was being careless as he was worried about Clem.

In Season 1 I was not expecting Lee to die from the bite given his arm was amputated, after all Hershel in Season One was bitten on the leg

• I had assumed towards the end of Season 2, that no matter what happened with the Kenny vs Jane fight and who ended up winning, Kenny would still die. It was because early in the fight, Jane had slashed Kenny across the stomach and I thought that even if I allowed Kenny to kill her, he'd shortly afterwards bleed to death from his wounds, which seemed to me, at the time, pretty serious. Instead, they just strangely ended up vanishing without a hint of pain from Ken...

• There were many inconsistencies, I actually forgot about that part lol. Someone said that Sarah should have been with them at the end and I agree. Clem and Kenny raising her would have been an even better ending. The entire season since episode 1 showed Sarah as a reminder of Clementine a few years ago. Scared, needed a protector, etc. I really wanted Sarah to grow with Clem. Sarah shows us that if Chuck had never met Lee, Clem would have been much different as a person.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

I had assumed towards the end of Season 2, that no matter what happened with the Kenny vs Jane fight and who ended up winning, Kenny would s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.