The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I, myself, had thought about how Reggie wasn't necessarily attacked by a walker that caused his arm to be cut off to stop the infection from spreading, but was instead punished by Carver for aiding the Cabin Group to escape from his community the first time.

It's a wild and baseless theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it that was what really happened given how Carver behaved in Episode 3.

DabigRG posted: »

I saw some people state that Reggie wasn't attacked by a walker. Where did this train of thought come from?

• Okay. Carver cutting it off was a reason given for that, but there's just enough evidence in the game proper to suggest that wasn't the case.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I, myself, had thought about how Reggie wasn't necessarily attacked by a walker that caused his arm to be cut off to stop the infection from

• I can't really remember how Episode 3 went again, so I'm curious as to what evidence there is that would provide the case that Carver didn't cut off Reggie's arm.

Okay. Carver cutting it off was a reason given for that, but there's just enough evidence in the game proper to suggest that wasn't the case.

• Off the top of my head, Reggie cites Mike as having chopped it off as soon as possible as if he has experience with, the fact that Mike seems like the type to do so, the fact that Carver describes Reggie as having a string of screw ups lately that he doesn't blame on his missing arm, and the fact that Reggie is pretty backhanded in his delusions. So I think if Carver really did do that, we would've been properly clued in about it by either Carver being nonchalant about it, Bonnie stating so after she found out about his murder, or Reggie himself letting it slip.

I can't really remember how Episode 3 went again, so I'm curious as to what evidence there is that would provide the case that Carver didn't cut off Reggie's arm.

• edited September 2016

They're good evidence, but they also don't exactly argue with or against whether Carver did cut off Reggie's arm as punishment or not, though that's probably just me.

Because of the power of interpretation, one could say that since Mike never confirmed his side of the story, Reggie could have been lying.

Carver not commenting Reggie's missing arm while criticizing his recent ineptitude would also make sense if Carver was the one to do the deed as punishment, as he would know why Reggie's performance was worse than usual, and perhaps didn't feel the need to point it out.

Regarding about Reggie, there's also the theory that he's suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, since he is very adamant in not disappointing Carver again helping the Cabin Group escape the first time and had turned down the offer to help them the second time, all while downplaying Carver's increasingly barbaric behavior.

Again, I understand that these are just theories at the end of the day.

Off the top of my head, Reggie cites Mike as having chopped it off as soon as possible as if he has experience with, the fact that Mike seem

• I did consider that too, since the only real acknowledgement from Mike is when he learns about Reggie's death before the Walkers break into the window. Yet another element that should have been expanded upon.

I found it odd that the possibility of Carver being the one to do it wasn't brought up at any point, considering his treatment of Troy, Sarah, and Reggie himself. Especially with his smug and pretentious "Stronger than you" mentality.

Also, Reggie having Stockholm Syndrome is kind of an obvious parallel, but it seemed more like the desperate delusions of an outcast to me.

They're good evidence, but they also don't exactly argue with or against whether Carver did cut off Reggie's arm as punishment or not, thoug

• Okay, weird nitpick I just noticed: Are Luke and Jane supposed to be stripped down when Clementine and Kenny find them at the observation dick?

• No at first, yes in hindsight. :lol:

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016

Uncomfortable question, I know, but it really is just staring us in the face: Is Gil a "chocolate baby?"

• edited September 2016

No, they were just finishing up. It was indicated by Jane and Luke that it happened pretty quick.

Okay, weird nitpick I just noticed: Are Luke and Jane supposed to be stripped down when Clementine and Kenny find them at the observation dick?

• Honestly I think they just sort of "adopted" the kid. Kind of like what Lee did with Clementine.

Uncomfortable question, I know, but it really is just staring us in the face: Is Gil a "chocolate baby?"

• I only ask because of Luke's reaction and the implication of Jane tightening her boot. What the hell is Clementine supposed to think just seeing them hanging out?

No, they were just finishing up. It was indicated by Jane and Luke that it happened pretty quick.

• edited September 2016

That was my thought too, at first. But once again, it doesn't bode well to have Randy say he's asking Clementine "as a father," with his son being blacker than Michelle, Alvin, and Mike in broad daylight.

Honestly I think they just sort of "adopted" the kid. Kind of like what Lee did with Clementine.

• Well, she thought they were doing "kissy stuff." That's about as much as her knowledge reaches on that subject.

I only ask because of Luke's reaction and the implication of Jane tightening her boot. What the hell is Clementine supposed to think just seeing them hanging out?

• Well obviously, but still! Luke acted like she was about to go Oozaru or something and I'm just sitting here thinking "What the heck am I supposed to be lookin at here?".

Well, she thought they were doing "kissy stuff." That's about as much as her knowledge reaches on that subject.

• This is something that's been bugging me both before and after I asked about the heights: How tall is Becca, exactly?

• edited September 2016

Probably because I drew a few of characters once and the question ebbed into my mind since then.

Not to mention that the character's physical stature contributes to their portrayal and presence. For example, in Season 1, Kenny apparently had such a considerable slouch that I thought he was one of the shorter characters, giving him an implied Napoleon complex. Which made his appearance in Season 2 all the more awkward when he suddenly appeared to be pushing 6 feet, which is arguably more fitting to his personality. Meanwhile, I always thought of Becca as being barely any taller than Clementine, whereas Michelle seemed to be roughly Kenny's height.

• Okay, so the transition between Amid the Ruins and No Going Back was confusing for numerous reasons, but one notable example is that Buricko(the big guy) and Vitali(the psycho) seemingly swap places between episodes. Since that is the case, which one is really which?

• Okay, I thought you just started hallucinatin for a sec.

• How did Lee know which door Clementine and The Stranger were behind at The Marsh House? There were dozens of rooms on multiple floors. I can imagine a Montage of Lee just opening one room after another till he found the right one.

• That would've been kinda hilarious, in my opinion.

DoubleJump posted: »

How did Lee know which door Clementine and The Stranger were behind at The Marsh House? There were dozens of rooms on multiple floors. I can imagine a Montage of Lee just opening one room after another till he found the right one.

• Is there a way to search back through all of your comments?

• I don't think so :/

Is there a way to search back through all of your comments?

• Have you contacted them via private messages? You really should.

• Well, shoot.

xfuriouss posted: »

I don't think so

• Okay, since the search function is down and I can't seem to find where exactly I would've said it, Does anyone know/remember if/where I talked about Arvo and Clementine swapping places? I swear I posted something along those lines but I can't remember where!

• To who ever mentioned wanting to do it: Did you ever decide that you were gonna make a joke thread?

• I was wondering what exactly determines Kenny's choice at the end of Around Every Corner. Obviously siding with him often makes him come with you of free-will, but does anyone know the specifics? I'm assuming some choices, such as the Duck vs. Shawn, Duck vs. Larry, and Lily vs. Saltlick, have more weight to them. I guess I want to know if there is an exact scale, and if anyone knows how the choices are weighted. I've read comments of people who almost constantly sided with him being rejected, and then there's me. Relatively speaking, I've went against him alot, but still got the bro-speech. I am insanely curious now.

• I recall seeing someone say that Kenny was supposed to die in Amid the Ruins. Where did this information come from?

• I don't know. Half the threads I make get like one quintet or two of interesting comments and decent contributions before gradually falling by the wayside until I post a new contribution to it weeks later which sometimes sparks a short lived resurgence. It's a gamble, honestly; it's up to you to decide whether you think it will be relevant at any point and time.

• so the thread would have died faster than Christa's baby.

enter image description here

• They tick me off by closing discussions people are still participating in civilly. grrrrrr.....

• What doesn't make sense, especially given Jane's initial reaction to Rebecca's pregnancy, is the risk they were willing to take. Are we to assume one of them just happened to carry condoms?

I only ask because of Luke's reaction and the implication of Jane tightening her boot. What the hell is Clementine supposed to think just seeing them hanging out?

• edited September 2016

I have to agree with Dont_Look_Back, given that Randy is unquestionably white and Patricia appears to be Hispanic/Latino. If they have been caring for the child for a few years, it stands to reason they might well regard him as a son rather than a ward.

That was my thought too, at first. But once again, it doesn't bode well to have Randy say he's asking Clementine "as a father," with his son being blacker than Michelle, Alvin, and Mike in broad daylight.

• :flushed:There are a number of answers/solutions to your question that I'm not sure I should be sharing.

What doesn't make sense, especially given Jane's initial reaction to Rebecca's pregnancy, is the risk they were willing to take. Are we to assume one of them just happened to carry condoms?

• Okay, it's just one of those Dale Gribble things.

I have to agree with Dont_Look_Back, given that Randy is unquestionably white and Patricia appears to be Hispanic/Latino. If they have been

• lol yes, and they range from improbable to hardly fail safe. I suppose a game can take some liberties with realism though.

There are a number of answers/solutions to your question that I'm not sure I should be sharing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.