The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• So, apparently the Walking Dead has a history with reusing character models? Aside from Vernon, Anna Corea, Tavia, Carver?, Mike?, Randy, Patricia, and Gill, who else is there?

• Literally every zombie is reused.

DabigRG posted: »

So, apparently the Walking Dead has a history with reusing character models? Aside from Vernon, Anna Corea, Tavia, Carver?, Mike?, Randy, Patricia, and Gill, who else is there?

• Yeah, but who cares--their zombies! Mooks to be fought and avoided.

I'm talking about characters that actually matter.

Literally every zombie is reused.

• Although a lot of characters reuse models, they only reuse the base models. Most characters share the same base, but they have different textures/clothes/etc. Most characters that reuse models use similar textures as well, but repainted and re-detailed for that specific character. For example, Vernon uses the same model as a random Save-Lots bandit in episode 3, but the facial textures-- the outlines, creases in their face, wrinkles, etc-- are different.

You want a cooler (and more hilarious) example? Buricko. He's a bald, tatted up Carver. Same base model and textures as Carver, except without the hair/mustache, and with a bunch of tattoos.

So, apparently the Walking Dead has a history with reusing character models? Aside from Vernon, Anna Corea, Tavia, Carver?, Mike?, Randy, Patricia, and Gill, who else is there?

• You want a cooler (and more hilarious) example? Buricko. He's a bald, tatted up Carver. Same base model and textures as Carver, except without the hair/mustache, and with a bunch of tattoos.

And Buricko also wears resized and recolored cool jacket.

Deltino posted: »

Although a lot of characters reuse models, they only reuse the base models. Most characters share the same base, but they have different tex

• Buricko. He's a bald, tatted up Carver.

:astonished:...Are you serious?

Although a lot of characters reuse models, they only reuse the base models. Most characters share the same base, but they have different tex

• Okay, so when Clementine and later Lee and Kenny get out of the meat locker and enter the St. John Barn, they see Danny sitting outside before Andy shows up as they try to sneak up on him. While hiding in a pen, we over hear this conversation:

Andy:Pick one to keep and then kill the rest.
    Danny:Can I pick which one we keep alive?
    Andy:Not the kid. Not enough meat on her to trade.

...What?

• Old sound files reveal Danny to be a potential pedophile. He has a few creepy lines about young girls that used to visit the dairy.

The above line is alluding to that.

Okay, so when Clementine and later Lee and Kenny get out of the meat locker and enter the St. John Barn, they see Danny sitting outside befo

• No, I kinda figured that the moment Andy denied him that with no hesitation. I mean what does Andy mean when he says "Not enough meat on her to trade."? How does that make a lick of sense?

Old sound files reveal Danny to be a potential pedophile. He has a few creepy lines about young girls that used to visit the dairy. The above line is alluding to that.

• Because she literally doesn't have much meat on her. They're planning on keeping one alive to harvest the meat, AKA keep them alive as they slowly cut off pieces of them until they finally die from it.

Why choose Clementine, a small child, when they have some giant guy like Larry, or a well-built dude like Lee?

No, I kinda figured that the moment Andy denied him that with no hesitation. I mean what does Andy mean when he says "Not enough meat on her to trade."? How does that make a lick of sense?

• Oh, that's the reason! I assumed they were just gonna kill all but one for their meat and then have the survivor work for them or something.

Because she literally doesn't have much meat on her. They're planning on keeping one alive to harvest the meat, AKA keep them alive as they

• Pretending I haven't seen any theories on the subject, how did Carver get the other walkie talkie if Clementine was still supposed to give one to Luke?

• Remember that they grabbed two radios. Clementine had the one they were going to give to Luke, Rebecca or someone else had the second one.

Carver caught Luke, made whoever had the other radio cough it up, then had everyone brought back to the yard in order to find the second one.

Pretending I haven't seen any theories on the subject, how did Carver get the other walkie talkie if Clementine was still supposed to give one to Luke?

• edited September 2016

Rebecca or someone else had the second one.

I always figured the group had it hidden in one of the beddings.

…or inside that precious fish statue.

Remember that they grabbed two radios. Clementine had the one they were going to give to Luke, Rebecca or someone else had the second one.

• With the Kenny thing, to be fair, we're typically seeing him in season 2 from an upward angle because of Clementine's shorter height, giving him the appearance of being taller. We usually see Kenny at eye-level as Lee so we don't have that augmented perception of how tall he is.

Probably because I drew a few of characters once and the question ebbed into my mind since then. Not to mention that the character's phy

• Not to mention just being inaccurate to the point of exaggeration.

I guess I don't really see why saying a character has "no personality" is such a big deal or huge gap in miscommunication. "No personality" is a common phrase used to explain a personality that lacks dynamic, I think most people should know it's not a literal interpretation that there is a complete absence of human personality

Not to mention just being inaccurate to the point of exaggeration. I asked because of the recent insenuations that characters like Mike, Alvin, and Carlos have no personality, when really their characters aren't given much focus.

• I guess. It's just one of those things that you see get thrown around a lot and you want comment on after a while.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Not to mention just being inaccurate to the point of exaggeration. I guess I don't really see why saying a character has "no persona

• …or inside that precious fish status.

So precious.

Rebecca or someone else had the second one. I always figured the group had it hidden in one of the beddings. …or inside that precious fish statue.

• Same here. I also assumed Luke wouldn't spill the beans on his own plan.

Rebecca or someone else had the second one. I always figured the group had it hidden in one of the beddings. …or inside that precious fish statue.

• When you've got the status of a fish, what else can you ask for!

…or inside that precious fish status. So precious.

• edited September 2016

Why does everyone in the walking dead either wear jeans or cargo pants for literally everything?

• Yeah, I noticed that too!

AAA_Jane posted: »

Why does everyone in the walking dead either wear jeans or cargo pants for literally everything?

• Is Sarita wearing a piercing or is that just a shiny mole?

• haha mole.

Is Sarita wearing a piercing or is that just a shiny mole?

• edited September 2016

Neither.

It's a plague slowly destroying her life force cause of her unfortunate decision to lock lips with Kenny's horrifying evil mouth.

Is Sarita wearing a piercing or is that just a shiny mole?

• arguement

[Grabs a dictionary and learns that argument only has one E.]

• edited September 2016

How dare you.

I'll have you know, good sir, that I love salt. Therefore any comment used in even the slightest negative connotation to derive a damaging sentiment from my enjoyment of salt is a reflection of your own viscous intent.

Learn to be a more compassionate person at Tumblr Durr.

Thank you.

• Oh, ok. I geniunely thought was a bitchin nose ring from her biker days, or somethin.:lol:

haha mole.

• I'm sure I've probably ask this before, but what exactly were the problems with each individual member of the Cabin Group? I know a few of them, but I thought I'd ask anyway in case I overlooked something.

• #deadlivesmatter

Yeah, but who cares--their zombies! Mooks to be fought and avoided. I'm talking about characters that actually matter.

• So I read in an older thread that Mike can apparently kill Clementine. Is that true?

• Was Nick supposed to look kinda like Kenny?

• I know that Clem can shoot Mike, but the other way around?

So I read in an older thread that Mike can apparently kill Clementine. Is that true?

• Clementine shooting Mike was late dummy out of the PS3 version of the game that was patched out later on. I was reading an older thread about the betrayal and someone mentioned that he can kill at one point,hence the question.

xfuriouss posted: »

I know that Clem can shoot Mike, but the other way around?

• Hey, it is a legitimate observation that people have noticed. Well, Kenny and friggin Nate.

• I know; I was saying that it's been pointed out that he has a resemblance to Kenny and Nate and wondered if that was supposed to be intentionally invoked.

• Okay, so the transition between Amid the Ruins and No Going Back was confusing for numerous reasons, but one notable example is that Buricko(the big guy) and Vitali(the psycho) seemingly swap places between episodes. Since that is the case, which one is really which?

• How would most the same basic events of Season 2 play out without Kenny/Lilly/nostalgia?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.