The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Do you mean the horrified expression or the little smile? I just fired up YouTube, and those were the two notable expressions. I assume you're referring to the smile, but here's both, anyways:

I'd say that the former would be her finally realizing the gravity of the situation she just escaped from. In her intense panic, I feel that she couldn't completely comprehend that she was seconds from death. Once safe because of Clementine, I think everything just hit her. She was kind of reeling for a few moments there.

I'd say that the smile was just a manifestation of her gratitude towards Clementine being her friend and saving her life. After realizing the terror of that whole experience, she just felt very thankful. I think I have an idea of what your thoughts were, but could you share anyways?

DabigRG posted: »

Not an actual question but I want a second opinion on this. When Clementine gets Sarah out of the trailer and hands her her glasses, Sarah l

• There was a horrified expression?!

[I'll share my thoughts later.]

Kenny726 posted: »

Do you mean the horrified expression or the little smile? I just fired up YouTube, and those were the two notable expressions. I assume you'

• edited October 2016

I guess saying she wore a panic-stricken face would've been more accurate on my part, but both words can have similiar meanings. The expression wasn't anything quick, it was just Sarah's general face after getting out of the trailer. She wore that look (with a slight difference when Clem handed her the glasses)up until she put her glasses back on.

My body is ready for your thoughts whenever. :)

There was a horrified expression?! [I'll share my thoughts later.]

• edited October 2016

I guess saying she wore a panic-stricken face would've been more accurate on my part, but both words can have similiar meanings. The expression wasn't anything quick, it was just Sarah's general face after getting out of the trailer. She wore that look (with a slight difference when Clem handed her the glasses)up until she put her glasses back on.

Oh, that. Yeah, obviously it just really sank in that they were in genuine danger and if she was any slower, they all could've died.

I was referring to her face after she puts on her glasses, where it was sort of a smile but not really? I go back and forth over the exact expression, but I think the idea of it (and the scene in general) was acknowledging that Clementine had to hurt her for a second in order to help her in the long term, so while she may not approve of what she did , she at least understands why she did it and just accepts that. Even if she does wanna question whether it was for the best or not some time afterwards, which may or may not have been Jane's comments getting to her.

Sarah, much like Kenny and Nick, was always an emotional person who couldn't effectively control herself when she was hit with strong impulses. While I do genuinely hate the way it happened, I really wish the lead-in to her "canon" death had given her the focus, development, and closure she deserved.

My body is ready for your thoughts whenever. :)

enter image description here

Kenny726 posted: »

I guess saying she wore a panic-stricken face would've been more accurate on my part, but both words can have similiar meanings. The express

• I think given the situation she described it sounds as though she definitely died. One could argue that Jane could have made the whole story up, maybe she didn't even have a sister lol but she had no reason to lie

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Well, to be honest, it could be argued that Jane never specifically said she saw Jaime's death or what was left of her, so it could very wel

• Yeah, I've seen some people who claim she could've lied on here a few times, but really, there's not much evidence and as you pointed out, Jane, even with all her flaws, wouldn't have any real reason to lie.

dan290786 posted: »

I think given the situation she described it sounds as though she definitely died. One could argue that Jane could have made the whole story up, maybe she didn't even have a sister lol but she had no reason to lie

• Yeah. I only asked because I was rewatching the walk back conversation and couldn't help but be suspicious when I noticed she said she hopped across a building and just assumed the worst when Jaime didn't show up. She even says she didn't have the guts to go back and see for herself.

And given some of the things we've seen in the past, the fact that Jane doesn't know for sure tells me that Jaime may have gotten away at the time and just never managed to find Jane.

One could argue that Jane could have made the whole story up, maybe she didn't even have a sister lol but she had no reason to lie.

Technically, she could be embellishing a bit to appeal to Clementine's sympathy; not saying she was that time, but it's a possibility. Though the fact that she could be just gave me a messed up idea...

I think given the situation she described it sounds as though she definitely died. One could argue that Jane could have made the whole story up, maybe she didn't even have a sister lol but she had no reason to lie

• I would say that she is undead since she was devoured.

Okay, looking at the walk back conversation from the trailer park, do you really think Jaime is dead?

• Actually, that's what I was trying to contest: Jane said she hopped across a building and just assumed the worst when Jaime didn't show up. She even says she didn't have the guts to go back and see for herself.

And given some of the things we've seen in the past, the fact that Jane doesn't know for sure tells me its possible that Jaime may have gotten away at the time and just never managed to find Jane.

I would say that she is undead since she was devoured.

• Actually, that's what I was trying to contest: Jane said she hopped across a building and just assumed the worst when Jaime didn't show up. She even says she didn't have the guts to go back and see for herself.

Wait, give me one second.

[Ahem; ahem.]

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

For these two years, I have had the impression that Jane and Jaime were trapped in a room and the only exit was the skylight, and, without her sister's cooperation, she physically could not save her, so she left.

Do you have any evidence that supports the version you mention?

Actually, that's what I was trying to contest: Jane said she hopped across a building and just assumed the worst when Jaime didn't show up.

• The walkback conversation between Clementine, Luke, and Jane. [@ 36:10 if the link doesn't start properly]

[Sorry if I'm rockin your world with this apparent revelation.]

Actually, that's what I was trying to contest: Jane said she hopped across a building and just assumed the worst when Jaime didn't show up.

• Oops! Looks like you'll have to re-evaluate that scene now lol

• Why did you always assume they were trapped in a room with a sky light? I had always known this wasn't the case. Lol you thought this for 2 years?

• Holy pancake cow a in Christmas hat.

This is a lot to reconsider, for sure. I believe I continue to think the same way about her behavior and how it determined her reaction when Sarah had an episode at the trailer park.

[Sorry if I'm rockin your world with this apparent revelation.]

No, thank you! I always had the wrong idea of what happened!

The walkback conversation between Clementine, Luke, and Jane. [@ 36:10 if the link doesn't start properly] [Sorry if I'm rockin your world with this apparent revelation.]

• I misunderstood Jane's words long ago; and I don't think I revisited that cutscene more than twice, to be honest.

Why did you always assume they were trapped in a room with a sky light? I had always known this wasn't the case. Lol you thought this for 2 years?

• edited October 2016

Yeah, I kind of figured you weren't referring to her first expression. The reasoning for its existence was pretty obvious, especially for a Sarah connoisseur such as yourself. You know your stuff on a lot of topics relating to this game, but when it comes to Sarah, you really know your stuff. Though I still figured, hey, why not be captain obvious here?

Anyways, I really like that interpretation. I've been thinking about it, and that does work really well. It makes the trailer slap a lot more poignant, and a lot less insulting. (I personally didn't find it to be too bad on that front, but a lot of others did. Clementine's expression after the slap was a little...well, you know) They made it so two of the people Sarah cared about hurt her with her well-being in mind. When her father struck her, she was completely incredulous and saddened, and not quite able to comprehend why he did so despite Clementine's prodding and explanations. When Clementine herself carried out the same action as Carlos, Sarah was able to finally come to the realization that you mentioned. I guess they could've conveyed that theme in a more abstract way, (hurting to help) but I kind of enjoy the choice of using a slap both times. As to your thoughts, hmmm I like. My body is satisfied.

Also, while I've never abandoned Sarah to death, I feel that they handled her first demise really well. It was full of emotion, characters were impacted greatly, it offered satisfying closure, and Jesus the way she calls for Clementine right when it's too late kills me every time! I honestly found all of the trailer scene alterations to be satisfying. The "canon death" (I love that pun so much) was a different story.

I guess saying she wore a panic-stricken face would've been more accurate on my part, but both words can have similiar meanings. The express

• edited October 2016

Hey, I was wondering, at the beginning of season 2, are they at the gas station that 400 Days takes place? Also, after the time skip, where are they there?

Thank you.

• Yeah, Gil's gas station.

Gil's stop in Georgia. After the time skip they're in North Carolina.

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, I was wondering, at the beginning of season 2, are they at the gas station that 400 Days takes place? Also, after the time skip, where are they there? Thank you.

• Okay, thank you.

Yeah, Gil's gas station. Gil's stop in Georgia. After the time skip they're in North Carolina.

• OMG OMID WHY DID YOU POST THAT PICTURE DON'T MAKE ME CRY LIKE THIS YOU HEARLESS MONSTER!

Yeah, Gil's gas station. Gil's stop in Georgia. After the time skip they're in North Carolina.

• edited October 2016

She's not heartless.

It's not like she posted this...

...Sorry.

Edit: Fixed the image.

OMG OMID WHY DID YOU POST THAT PICTURE DON'T MAKE ME CRY LIKE THIS YOU HEARLESS MONSTER!

• OMG OMID WHY DID YOU POST THAT PICTURE DON'T MAKE ME CRY LIKE THIS YOU HEARLESS MONSTER!

• YOU F*CKIGN MONSTER!

She's not heartless. It's not like she posted this... ...Sorry. Edit: Fixed the image.

• It could have been Jane's own PTSD that understandably caused that confusion. Jane had been so stoic, abrasive, and collected for the most part up till that point, so seeing her quickly start acting so uncharacteristically, to the point of stuttering, when she saw how Sarah was acting could easily give the wrong idea.

Why did you always assume they were trapped in a room with a sky light? I had always known this wasn't the case. Lol you thought this for 2 years?

• Oh yeah, I remember doing the research for that. Had to do quite a few hoops and hurdles to get Michelle to Howe's Hardware.

• Great! Only problem is the storm kinda ruined some of the inspiration for that thread.

I'm looking forward to that thread already!

• Assuming the DLC had statistics, who was chosen the most between Justin and Danny?

• You can keep the idea for later! Don't force it.

I am not sure if this would be accepted by guideline standards—but I suppose an exception could be made. Instead of writing one massive thread with multiple relationships, you could create a thread where you can publish several bite-sized posts presenting an individual relationship. Discussion would be cleaner and friendlier, don't you think?

Great! Only problem is the storm kinda ruined some of the inspiration for that thread.

• you could create a thread where you can publish several bite-sized posts presenting an individual relationship.

Hmm...maybe if I specify specific types of relationships in one thread and other types in another, that could work. I was just gonna do hypothetical interactions in general anyway.

Actually, that does describe an idea I've had for a topic I've had planned for a while now...

You can keep the idea for later! Don't force it. I am not sure if this would be accepted by guideline standards—but I suppose an exceptio

• Sam is either the cenator he killed, or his wife

But Lee didn't kill his wife.

Sam is either the cenator he killed, or his wife (assuming her name is Samantha [I think I once heard her name was Samantha] [also no no the same Samanthat from the Michonne MiniSeries]). Where did you hear that? Sound interesting.

• On the PS3 and PS Vita version (They're different I think) I'm pretty sure shooting Danny was the most chosen.

Assuming the DLC had statistics, who was chosen the most between Justin and Danny?

• Hpmh. Then again, saving Justin is apparently required for Taavia's scenario so whatever.

On the PS3 and PS Vita version (They're different I think) I'm pretty sure shooting Danny was the most chosen.

• What is the general consensus on Reggie? The few times I've seen him get brought up, it's usually in poor standing.

• DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Sam is either the cenator he killed, or his wife But Lee didn't kill his wife.

• How does a topic about fanfic(the stories, the OCs, the concept, whatever) sound?

• Wait, what scenario?

Hpmh. Then again, saving Justin is apparently required for Taavia's scenario so whatever.

• Great, but Mods will destroy anything great, so, this sucks a lot.

How does a topic about fanfic(the stories, the OCs, the concept, whatever) sound?

• edited October 2016

[removed]

• edited October 2016

but Mods will destroy anything great

I wouldn't say that if I were you...

(I'm just joking, please don't ban me mods.)

@DabigRG: Don't they already have a section for fanfiction on the forums?

Great, but Mods will destroy anything great, so, this sucks a lot.

• Taavia's scenario. After you complete the main five scenarios, the billboard used as a main menu has all of the photos removed and you "control" Tavia as she goes to the Campfire Group's whereabouts and attempts to convince them to come along back to Howe's Hardware. Who goes is determined by your actions in their respective scenario's, usually a specific one.

Wait, what scenario?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.