The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Well, personally, I found him a bit on the annoying side, ridiculously stupid and his voice was capable of driving me to slice open my neck, but other than that, I guess he was okay.

DabigRG posted: »

I must take us back to the roots when I ask what's the general consensus of Duck these days?

• See, THAT would've an effective way to portray it!

Otherwise, it just looks like she left to avoid facing the consequences of her actions, used her shallow view of Sarah being like her sister to buy sympathy so Clementine would let her sneak off, and came back when Arvo/Buricko/Vitali being a scapegoat/dick/psycho gave her the perfect excuse to join back up without much guff.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

I think she left because after Sarah's death, she feared that the group was doomed or something, and she couldn't bear to see Clementine end

• Oh, is that all? :lol:

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Well, personally, I found him a bit on the annoying side, ridiculously stupid and his voice was capable of driving me to slice open my neck, but other than that, I guess he was okay.

• Otherwise, it just looks like she left to avoid facing the consequences of her actions, used her shallow view of Sarah being like her sister to buy sympathy so Clementine would let her sneak off, and came back when Arvo/Buricko/Vitali being a scapegoat/dick/psycho gave her the perfect excuse to join back up without much guff.

Knowing Jane, that is quite possible as well.

See, THAT would've an effective way to portray it! Otherwise, it just looks like she left to avoid facing the consequences of her actions

• He was alright.

I didn't find him, in the least bit, annoying.

I must take us back to the roots when I ask what's the general consensus of Duck these days?

• Should Omid have just shot his killer instead of trying to sneak up on her? He might still be alive, just saying.

• That's an interesting question.

Looking at it from his point of view, Clementine was in relatively immediate danger, depending on how far Michelle would go in trying to rob her(read: not very, but he had no way of knowing that). Leaving Clementine alone with her would've been a risky move, not only because she could easily do something to hurt Clementine while he's gone, but also because he could've been spotted or heard leaving the bathroom, potentially jeopardizing both of their lives.

Honestly, I think the approach he took was for the best, both from a strategy standpoint and in context of what he would do. From what little I understand about him, Omid wasn't a very violent person, only getting angry or drawing a gun when someone was in genuine distress. Clementine was being held up with her own gun yes, but sneaking up on Michelle while she was distracted teasing her meant he could've grabbed the gun and neutralize the source of her threatening power had he been a little faster and/or luckier.

So, I think another question is: whether or not he had a gun on him at the moment and did he think he could use it without endangering Clementine in the process?

wdfan posted: »

Should Omid have just shot his killer instead of trying to sneak up on her? He might still be alive, just saying.

• It would be pretty dangerous if he wasn't carrying a gun or some king of protection though right? It does seem a bit extreme for him to shoot her but it's clear that if he had then he wouldn't have died there. Something else to conside though, the fact that she dropped the gun and tried to apologise, giving Christa the opening to take her out tells me that the tough talking was just an act and that she really thought he was a walker rather than her killing him deliberately. So he'd be killing a relatively inexperienced individual if he did decide to.

Now i'm thinking about what other characters would have done in the situation. If Kenny was having a bad day then he would have probably killed her straight up. Otherwise he'd probably yell at her. Lee would definitely depend on the player. It would be a somewhat similar sitiuation to whether he killed the crazy bandit back at the St Johns

That's an interesting question. Looking at it from his point of view, Clementine was in relatively immediate danger, depending on how far

• It would be pretty dangerous if he wasn't carrying a gun or some king of protection though right? It does seem a bit extreme for him to shoot her but it's clear that if he had then he wouldn't have died there. Something else to conside though, the fact that she dropped the gun and tried to apologise, giving Christa the opening to take her out tells me that the tough talking was just an act and that she really thought he was a walker rather than her killing him deliberately. So he'd be killing a relatively inexperienced individual if he did decide to.

Yeah, that's kinda what I mean. Michelle was pretty much just a petty thief and a poser who seemingly got by through acting tough and tossing around a nihilistic mindset, but clearly didn't have any experience using a gun nor did she likely ever kill anyone. The whole reason he got shot is because the door took them both by surprise and she instantly shot out of fear. Honestly, him showing up when he did was for the best because she could've easily slipped up and shot Clementine by complete accident. On the other end, him shooting her could've run risk of her tightening her grip on the gun and shooting either him or Clementine as a reflex. It was just one of those situations where taking the threat by surprise could save a life just as easily of take one, which is essentially what happened.

Now i'm thinking about what other characters would have done in the situation. If Kenny was having a bad day then he would have probably killed her straight up. Otherwise he'd probably yell at her. Lee would definitely depend on the player. It would be a somewhat similar sitiuation to whether he killed the crazy bandit back at the St Johns

Yeah, Kenny would probably go in guns ablazing(figuratively or literally) and slam the shit outta her. Who knows if he'd let her go, much less be able to let her go depending on how hard he hit her.
    I assume you mean Jolene, the ex-employee of Save Lots who got betrayed by her former co-workers turned bandits and lost her daughter to whatever they had planned for her? Yeah, Lee would probably make a similar decision and try to take her out in the safest manner possible, assuming he doesn't feel like he should just rush her from a close enough distance. He at least has the benefit of working in tandem with Clementine to make sure she gets out of the way when he does, so she would be less likely to get shot during the impact.

wdfan posted: »

It would be pretty dangerous if he wasn't carrying a gun or some king of protection though right? It does seem a bit extreme for him to shoo

• Too obnoxious of a character, but other than that he is fine.

• It just occurred to me: How did Jane leave the observation deck in walkers were still in the area?

• Cow catcher probably.

It just occurred to me: How did Jane leave the observation deck in walkers were still in the area?

• Also, is it possible that Rebecca got infected after she had the baby? I noticed that her skin had a noticeably greyish tent to it after she has it.

• edited October 2016

Are these heights accurate? (Ignore the decimal points since they make no sense)

Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm
    Clementine (S2) - 1.42 cm

Lee Everett - 1.80 cm

Mark - 1.74 cm

Glenn - 1.71 cm

Carley - 1.68 cm

Doug - 1.78 cm

Lilly - 1.72 cm

Larry - 1.86 cm

Ben: 1.96 cm

Molly: 1.63 cm

Duck - 1.45 cm

Katjaa - 1.67 cm

Charles - 1.77 cm

Omid- 1.61 cm

Christa - 1.76 cm

Luke - 1.78 cm

Pete - 1.81 cm

Nick - 1.87 cm

Alvin - 1.89 cm

Rebecca - 1.63 cm

Carlos - 1.79 cm

Sarah - 1.55 cm

Carver - 1.77 cm

Matthew - 1.67 cm

Sarita - 1.69 cm

Walter - 1.83 cm

Kenny - 1.75 cm

Bonnie - 1.67 cm

Troy - 1.82 cm

Johnny - 1.77 cm

Tavia - 1.71 cm

Reggie - 1.84 cm

Mike - 1.92 cm

Jane - 1.65 cm

Shel - 1.68 cm

Becca - 1.57 cm

Stephanie - 1.65 cm

Wyatt - 1.82 cm

Vince - 1.80 cm

Russell - 1.71 cm

Arvo - 1.75 cm

Randy - 1.86 cm

Patricia - 1.62 cm

Gil - 1.44 cm

Michonne - 1.76 cm

Pete (Michonne) - 1.83 cm

Samantha - 1.68 cm

Greg - 1.74 cm

James - 1.46 cm

Alex - 1.38 cm

John - 1.87 cm

Paige - 1.73 cm

Norma - 1.76 cm

Randall - 1.85 cm

• That was because of hypothermia.

She most likely died from blood loss, like Luke said.

Also, is it possible that Rebecca got infected after she had the baby? I noticed that her skin had a noticeably greyish tent to it after she has it.

• edited October 2016

If it were blood loss, wouldn't she have died sooner? It took a couple of days. (On my game at least)

That was because of hypothermia. She most likely died from blood loss, like Luke said.

• edited October 2016

... When I first read that, I thought you said catapult probably...

Cow catcher probably.

• Well then you discovered a plothole!

Acheive250 posted: »

If it were blood loss, wouldn't she have died sooner? It took a couple of days. (On my game at least)

• Does anyone else think the choice between Wellington and Howe's Hardware was choosing between assimilating into someone else's community and building your own? I feel like this got overlooked in the heat of the fight between Kenny and Jane.

• enter image description here

Bon-Bon posted: »

Does anyone else think the choice between Wellington and Howe's Hardware was choosing between assimilating into someone else's community and building your own? I feel like this got overlooked in the heat of the fight between Kenny and Jane.

• Given some random posts and trivia I've seen, is it possible that Luke was originally the protagonist of Season 2 at one point?

• Is there a 400 Days character that people generally don't like?

• edited October 2016

...Bonnie

Is there a 400 Days character that people generally don't like?

• That's just as probable.

Acheive250 posted: »

... When I first read that, I thought you said catapult probably...

• They appear accurate to me!

Are these heights accurate? (Ignore the decimal points since they make no sense) Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm Clementine (S2) - 1.42 c

• Dee is your answer.

• Becca

• edited October 2016

Well, that's with Season 2 Episode 5 baggage. Outside of that, I generally saw positive things..

...Bonnie

• Mm...likely. Though I'm sure she's getting some love after No Going Back because that's how people tend to be.

Dee is your answer.

• True. Though it seems like more of an occasional minority nowadays, so I assume that was an at the time thing.

Becca

• Thanks.

They appear accurate to me!

• edited October 2016

:unamused: Stepping into something of a visible mine field here since I'm smart/obsessive enough to have thought this out for myself but I want to know what other people have to say on the subject nowadays:
    Can someone please tell me how exactly Sarah dying at all is supposed to prove Jane right?

• I have a few ideas, but then again, that's just me. What other characters have been called a Mary Sue or Marty Tsu besides Molly?

• Is the TWD franchise getting hated by more and more people every day?

• I'm loving it more and more everyday!

Is the TWD franchise getting hated by more and more people every day?

• Carley, Jane, and Clementine.

I have a few ideas, but then again, that's just me. What other characters have been called a Mary Sue or Marty Tsu besides Molly?

• Why is there no love for Mark on the forums?

• There was. Mostly about the fact that he was on the attractive side. But as time passes and we get further away from S1, talk about characters from S1 who weren't main characters have died down. Mark was only in the first half of S1 E2. Well... the first half of him was in the first half of the episode...

Why is there no love for Mark on the forums?

• Well, I mean, there's not really much to love...We hardly knew the guy.

Why is there no love for Mark on the forums?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.