The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• ...I don't know. I've only played the Lego Games and the Walking Dead(in which I only completed Season 2 and joined this community back in June) so I'm not sure.

Acheive250 posted: »

but Mods will destroy anything great I wouldn't say that if I were you... (I'm just joking, please don't ban me mods.) @DabigRG: Don't they already have a section for fanfiction on the forums?

• Oh, okay.

DabigRG posted: »

Taavia's scenario. After you complete the main five scenarios, the billboard used as a main menu has all of the photos removed and you "cont

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Fanfics are fine but we normally move them to Forum Games as they completely cluttered the Walking Dead forum when they where popular when season 2 was releasing.

At one point there where so many that nearly every single viable thread on the index page was some sort of fanfic, people disliked that they couldn't see normal discussion threads on the index page so we moved them which worked fine for everyone.

Great, but Mods will destroy anything great, so, this sucks a lot.

• Oh, okay. Was curious.

OzzyUK posted: »

Fanfics are fine but we normally move them to Forum Games as they completely cluttered the Walking Dead forum when they where popular when s

• What do you think the comic series would've been like if Rick had not lost his hand, especially so early on?

Never read them personally, although after being on this site, I have certainly heard about them.

• ...Sooo, herpes?

Neither. It's a plague slowly destroying her life force cause of her unfortunate decision to lock lips with Kenny's horrifying evil mouth.

• Somewhere in this communities, there is a thread with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

• Awkward.

but Mods will destroy anything great I wouldn't say that if I were you... (I'm just joking, please don't ban me mods.) @DabigRG: Don't they already have a section for fanfiction on the forums?

• edited October 2016

She didn't listen... Now look what happened.

Awkward.

• How does a criminal record for each of the characters sound?

• Thinking about it for the umpteenth time, do you think Jane was originally supposed to return in No Going Back?

• I'm gonna miss her.

She didn't listen... Now look what happened.

• Okay, gonna cheat a little bit on this one: What are some similarities and differences between Sarah and Jane?

• Well, to some people. That'd mean Clementine would get the death penalty because apparently she's caused every bad thing to happen.

How does a criminal record for each of the characters sound?

• Interesting. I don't quite believe that seeing as most of the bad things that happen with her has outside influence(with some things like disobeying Lee's orders or chopping off Sarita's hand being exceptions), but interesting.

Well, to some people. That'd mean Clementine would get the death penalty because apparently she's caused every bad thing to happen.

• Did Larry die from having a heart attack in the meat locker or from Kenny smashing his skull in with a salt lick?

• I think so. It would've felt too familiar if, slightly more interesting, slightly less badass, Molly 2.0 had left at the end of episode 4 never to return.

Thinking about it for the umpteenth time, do you think Jane was originally supposed to return in No Going Back?

• Could've been either, really. Even assuming his lips moving was him turning, Kenny smashing his head definitely finished him, so I guess Kenny either way.

It's also worth noting that he apparently could've been saved originally, as not only are there clips of Lilly getting on Lee/Kenny's case for actually having heart medicine on them but I swear I heard one where Larry wakes up and calls Kenny/Lee out on trying to kill him. Can't seem to find that second one, though.

Did Larry die from having a heart attack in the meat locker or from Kenny smashing his skull in with a salt lick?

• Well, I think Larry was actually still alive before Kenny smashed his head in.

Because when you try to save him, if you do it right (Quick enough) Larry actually closes his mouth right before Kenny kills him...
    Now he is either alive, and Lee would've saved him or he was turning into a walker.

Did Larry die from having a heart attack in the meat locker or from Kenny smashing his skull in with a salt lick?

• I bring it up because of certain issues I have her portrayal in the episode, particularly the dissonance between why she wants to stick around and why she left in the first place.

I think so. It would've felt too familiar if, slightly more interesting, slightly less badass, Molly 2.0 had left at the end of episode 4 never to return.

• Well, I helped Kenny kill Larry, so I guess I'll never know. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I think Larry was actually still alive before Kenny smashed his head in. Because when you try to save him, if you do it right (Quic

• You dick! :lol:

Well, I helped Kenny kill Larry, so I guess I'll never know. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I only did it for the group's protection lol.

You dick!

• Was gonna talk about this in the Thoughts on Season 2's Writing thread, but didn't know where to start: What did you think was entailed in the history between Carver and the Cabin Group, particularly Luke and Carlos?

• I was actually finally starting to like Larry in Episode 2... So I thought if I saved him, he might be my friend.

I only did it for the group's protection lol.

• ...so you tried?

I was actually finally starting to like Larry in Episode 2... So I thought if I saved him, he might be my friend.

• To save him? Yes.

...so you tried?

• It's possibly not forever.

I'm gonna miss her.

• That sounds like something I'd love to read and discuss!

How does a criminal record for each of the characters sound?

• Great. I actually had the idea around the time I thought about joining back in May/June, but forgot about it until the ideas of Character Alignment and Morality came up.

That sounds like something I'd love to read and discuss!

• Agreed.

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, the only way for a character to truly not have a personality is if they're an inanimate object, like a rock or something All of

• Hey, I was wondering about something in Season 2...

[SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY!]

So in episode 1 when you meet Sam, why did he attack/bite Clementine?
    Was it because he was hungry or because she didn't let him eat from the can or is it something else?

Thank you.

• Because he was a hungry animal that had gone a bit feral since his owners were lost. Depending on your choices, he attacks Clementine because she picked up the can after he rudely knocks it out of her hand when she offers him some, she was hogging it, or simply gets angry when she insults him for begging for some.

Hey, I was wondering about something in Season 2... [SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY!] So in episode 1 when you meet Sam, why did he attack/bite C

• I must take us back to the roots when I ask what's the general consensus of Duck these days?

• I never had anything against him. I felt he was one of the reasons that kept Kenny going. I let him help which, he actually was a tad useful in finding the chalk, can't deny that. Plus he thought I was "incredibly awesome", so he never gave me a reason to hate him. People bash him for being loud and annoying, but that's what a majority of kids his age are like, so I never faulted him, if anything I praised Telltale for getting his character right.

I must take us back to the roots when I ask what's the general consensus of Duck these days?

• I've always liked him. But I know a lot of people don't...

I must take us back to the roots when I ask what's the general consensus of Duck these days?

• People bash him for being loud and annoying, but that's what a majority of kids his age are like, so I never faulted him, if anything I praised Telltale for getting his character right.

Yeah, he's admittedly something of a deliberately bad example since he's essentially the opposite of Clementine.

BroKenny posted: »

I never had anything against him. I felt he was one of the reasons that kept Kenny going. I let him help which, he actually was a tad useful

• So... I just played Episode 4 of Season and was wondering...

[SPOILERS FOR TWD S2 E4 AHEAD]

Why is this considered the worst episode? It is actually my favorite so far out of Season 2 (Haven't played episdoe 5)
    It was the most emotional for me so far (I cried when the baby was born) and the choices were really difficult. I thought it was great.
    Also, I love it when they do cliffhanger endings for the episodes.

So I was wondering, why do so many people hate it?

• Why is this considered the worst episode? It is actually my favorite so far out of Season 2 (Haven't played episdoe 5)So I was wondering, why do so many people hate it?

Because of some of the choices made in it, both during gameplay and from a writing standpoint. To me, it is more polarizing than mediocre or outright bad, but yeah, I agree that the good stuff was fantastic but the bad(read:dumb) stuff was detrimental to both the episode and the Season as a whole.

So... I just played Episode 4 of Season and was wondering... [SPOILERS FOR TWD S2 E4 AHEAD] Why is this considered the worst episode?

• I think she left because after Sarah's death, she feared that the group was doomed or something, and she couldn't bear to see Clementine end up that way. But, after realising that she cared too much for Clem and couldn't just leave her, Jane returned.

Or at least that's how I looked at it, anyway.

I bring it up because of certain issues I have her portrayal in the episode, particularly the dissonance between why she wants to stick around and why she left in the first place.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.