The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Not you specifically, as I'm pretty sure that saw that sentiment echoed several times in other places.

True, though there is one or two little loose ends that could prove akward.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Do you mean me? I said it because I think, if they wanted us to gain a stronger bond with the baby, the baby should have been Christa's as opposed to Rebecca's.

• For that matter, has anyone actually played it.

DabigRG posted: »

Would a MtG Color Wheel thread be too niche a topic? This is coming from someone who doesn't really know much about the game itself, btw.

• The screw-up happened in "Amid The Ruins," supposedly.

Vitali is the leader of the ambush—he fires his assault rifle in our general direction after one of our people shoots a pistol, has an episode of ammunition-wasting with Kenny, and is then killed by Jane.

Buricko is the man with the shotgun, that aims at Mike—he is shot in the leg amidst the crossfire and killed by Kenny.

There is something that doesn't make sense, though. I am fairly sure it was confirmed that the "Amid The Ruins" team was the one that made the modeling mistake, meaning that episode four Vitali was meant to be Buricko and episode four Buricko was meant to be Vitali. If this is the case, why would Arvo scream at Buricko to lay off of our group if Vitali is the one threatening to attempt to kill us?

However, I still feel the need to ask: which is truly Buricko and which is truly Vitali?

• Awesomely!

I had talked to Blind Sniper about the potential creation of this thread before creating the poll. After witnessing the results, I manifested concern over who would create the thread, since said person's feed would explode daily, and he said he could do so with his alternate account @NoSoBlindGuy closer to the release of A New Frontier.

How is that stretch goal working out?

• edited October 2016

I know, right? It's like they noticed the screwup and instead of actually fixing it, they had the lines rerecorded to fit better.

...Unless Vitali(the leader) was actually meant to calm down a bit when he noticed the baby and Buricko(Mr. Shotgun) was the main one insisting that they keep antagonizing the group. Which, unless Arvo refers to Buricko by name while actually onscreen at one point, could still work.

EDIT: And the plot thickens!
    enter image description here

Also, I rewatched that cutscene and while Arvo never directly refers to Buricko while on screen, Vitali and Natasha can be heard speaking Russian in the background and trying to get him to back off as well and, as if there wasn't enough confusion already, Natasha can also be heard suddenly slipping into "unused" English when the final choice with Rebecca comes up.

The screw-up happened in "Amid The Ruins," supposedly. Vitali is the leader of the ambush—he fires his assault rifle in our general direc

• Cool!

Awesomely! I had talked to Blind Sniper about the potential creation of this thread before creating the poll. After witnessing the result

• Wait! Oh my God, do you realize what this means? Doom!

Buricko is indeed the man who leads the ambush, carries the assault rifle, has an ammo fest with Kenny and is killed by Jane—because Buricko is the man in the green jacket and not in the beige parka! Vitali is the big bulky man who carries the shotgun and tags along and is killed by Kenny.

The fandom has had the names mixed up all along, similar to what @Deltino discovered a while ago with Bennett and Clyde.

I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this.

Looking at Vitali, and then remembering that he is Buricko.

Holy fucking shit.

This is some deep shit.

I know, right? It's like they noticed the screwup and instead of actually fixing it, they had the lines rerecorded to fit better. ...Unle

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2016

I don't think so

Big bald dude's model is Buricko in the game files, the other guy with the super receding hairline is Vitali. And that's carried over into the textures for episode 5. The stabbed texture is still for Vitali. The headshot textures for both of them are appropriately named, as well.

With Bennett/Clyde, their models (and textures, including wounds) are appropriately named in the files.

Someone just screwed up majorly with the Vitali/Buricko thing. I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere along the line, shit just got fucked.

And for what it's worth, there is technically a line where Arvo refers to Buricko.

If you try to bargain with Arvo ("Maybe there's something you want"), it leads to the bald russian saying to take everything, which Arvo follows up by saying "We are not here to make deals, Clementine. Buricko is saying we will take everything."

I think that's a pretty clear indication that the bald guy is Buricko, given he's the only one that talks during that specific exchange, and he actually said what Arvo said he did.

Wait! Oh my God, do you realize what this means? Doom! Buricko is indeed the man who leads the ambush, carries the assault rifle, has an

• Oh, that's right! Thank you for the information!

At this point, I am entirely lost, then.

Deltino posted: »

I don't think so Big bald dude's model is Buricko in the game files, the other guy with the super receding hairline is Vitali. And that's

• Someone just screwed up majorly with the Vitali/Buricko thing. I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere along the line, shit just got fucked.

Well, that's one way of putting it. What a mess.

I still think it would make much more sense from a dramatic standpoint for Jane to stab Buricko since he was the one who decided to rob the group and started the gunfight in reply to Clementine/Kenny shooting Rebecca, but whatever. I guess having her stab Vitali the crazy one to help Kenny is symbolic or something.

I don't think so Big bald dude's model is Buricko in the game files, the other guy with the super receding hairline is Vitali. And that's

• Would a topic on the Shades of Conflict be too niche?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'm pretty sure that was on purpose, just to show that Hershel's a bit forgetful. Some people are like that, always having a slip of the tongue; calling someone by the wrong name, etc.

He does it again after Shawn dies, although that one's justified since his son just died. He wouldn't be thinking straight.

Why did Hershel still refer to Clementine as Lee's daughter after he was told that Lee is either a babysitter, neighbor, or just some guy? T

• calling someone by the wrong name

We could write a long list about Gregory's.

I'm pretty sure that was on purpose, just to show that Hershel's a bit forgetful. Some people are like that, always having a slip of the ton

• How far into the comics will season 3 start? I stopped reading the comics around issue 130.

• edited October 2016

I know I asked this general question before but: What exactly happens to the people who get bitten and/or pass away and turn?

• Hi. Would people be interested in a positive opinion thread?

• What do you mean? I think they always become a walker unless someone kills them with a fatal injury to the brain or they can amputate the area quickly.

I know I asked this general question before but: What exactly happens to the people who get bitten and/or pass away and turn?

• When the get bitten, the saliva from the walker gets into the blood stream. The saliva has some kind of virus/bacteria that gives the host a killer fever that always kills the host. Then, once you die, you turn. It's not the bite that turns you, it just kills you. You turn when you die regardless if you're bit or not. The bite just finishes step one.

• Season 3 starts right where the comics are now. The timelines are caught up. Fun fact: Clementine is actually older than Carl in the comics. So if we see him in the game (we probably won') Clementine will be a year older than Carl.

How far into the comics will season 3 start? I stopped reading the comics around issue 130.

• Okay, let me be clearer about this because I already know that much: What exactly happens to the people who turn in walkers? As in, their consciousness?

• How does a thread about Character Interactions sound to you guys/gals?

• When the person becomes a walker only the parts of their brain that controls senses, motor skills and instinct re-animate. The parts that allow a person to recall memories or to have emotions remain dead. The "human" part of the brain remains dead so the walker is more like an animal operating on survival instinct: hunger.

Okay, let me be clearer about this because I already know that much: What exactly happens to the people who turn in walkers? As in, their consciousness?

• Hmm. Okay, that much I was a little fuzzy about, so thanks.

But I was more referring to the metaphysical/spiritual connotations of their body re-animating into a walker. Does the person who turns(for example, Lee, Mark, Nick, or Rebecca) move on to Heaven/RottenWorld/wherever or is this a roboticizer situation?

BonnieKenny posted: »

When the person becomes a walker only the parts of their brain that controls senses, motor skills and instinct re-animate. The parts that al

• Hmm...maybe. What exactly would that entail?

Hi. Would people be interested in a positive opinion thread?

• That sounds great! More so, I believe that a thread on the characters' perceptions of one another would be even better!

How does a thread about Character Interactions sound to you guys/gals?

• You know what, that's a better way of putting it! Thanks!

That sounds great! More so, I believe that a thread on the characters' perceptions of one another would be even better!

• I'm looking forward to that thread already!

You know what, that's a better way of putting it! Thanks!

• I have noticed that a lot of the discussions on this forum get derailed by Kenny and Jane arguments and criticisms of the second season. What if there were a thread to discuss what people like about the games, characters, and the TWD universe and making negative comments were not allowed?

Hmm...maybe. What exactly would that entail?

• Did you watch the TWD series on television? The villain called the governor was researching that. He was interested in seeing if any part of the human aspect ...memory, emotion, sentience ...could be triggered once someone turned. The results were not promising so I guess the "soul" goes wherever you think it does based on your faith or atheism.

Hmm. Okay, that much I was a little fuzzy about, so thanks. But I was more referring to the metaphysical/spiritual connotations of their

• That sound pleasant!

I have noticed that a lot of the discussions on this forum get derailed by Kenny and Jane arguments and criticisms of the second season. Wha

• Did you watch the TWD series on television?

Nope. Been considering it once or twice but too many other things to give a shit right now.

The results were not promising so I guess the "soul" goes wherever you think it does based on your faith or atheism.

Aw. So, the Dark Purveyor's concert it is!

Did you watch the TWD series on television? The villain called the governor was researching that. He was interested in seeing if any part of

• Thanks, Dont_Look_Back. That's a cool interesting fact. :) I didn't realize Clem was older than Carl. Thought she was younger honestly.

Season 3 starts right where the comics are now. The timelines are caught up. Fun fact: Clementine is actually older than Carl in the comics. So if we see him in the game (we probably won') Clementine will be a year older than Carl.

• Apparently Lee originally killed someone named Sam. Anyone know who was this supposed to be?

• Sam is either the cenator he killed, or his wife (assuming her name is Samantha [I think I once heard her name was Samantha] [also no no the same Samanthat from the Michonne MiniSeries]).

Where did you hear that? Sound interesting.

Apparently Lee originally killed someone named Sam. Anyone know who was this supposed to be?

• I was listening to some unused voice clips trying to find this line where Larry survives and I kept hearing Katjaa/Jolene/whoever bring up that Lee killed Sam.

Sam is either the cenator he killed, or his wife (assuming her name is Samantha [I think I once heard her name was Samantha] [also no no the same Samanthat from the Michonne MiniSeries]). Where did you hear that? Sound interesting.

• Not an actual question but I want a second opinion on this. When Clementine gets Sarah out of the trailer and hands her her glasses, Sarah looks at Clementine for a moment before putting them on--and then she gives her this...look. What did you think this meant?

• Okay, looking at the walk back conversation from the trailer park, do you really think Jaime is dead?

• DUN DUN DUUUNNNN

I was listening to some unused voice clips trying to find this line where Larry survives and I kept hearing Katjaa/Jolene/whoever bring up that Lee killed Sam.

• As I do not believe in heaven nor hell, I would say that the body drifts into a state of eternal unconsciousness regardless of how one dies.

Hmm. Okay, that much I was a little fuzzy about, so thanks. But I was more referring to the metaphysical/spiritual connotations of their

• Well, to be honest, it could be argued that Jane never specifically said she saw Jaime's death or what was left of her, so it could very well be possible that Jaime survived, but never got back into contact with Jane, who just went on her life believing her sister to be deceased. Now, in my personal opinion, I'd say she's as dead as a doornail, but really, it's unknown since we never actually saw it.

Okay, looking at the walk back conversation from the trailer park, do you really think Jaime is dead?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.