The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited September 2016

I think you mean a non-canon death in Episode 3 'In Harms Way'. Basically, when Clem is being pulled up to Howe's roof in order to get the radios, Mike is pulling the other end of the rope to lift her. When he notices Troy's about to enter the pen he tells Clem to grab something because he can't just stay there holding her while Troy inspects them. If Clem does not hold the rusty old ladder, Mike pulls the rope as strongly as he can for Clem to have more time to grab something, but she falls to her death.

That's how Mike '''''kills''''' Clem.

DabigRG posted: »

Clementine shooting Mike was late dummy out of the PS3 version of the game that was patched out later on. I was reading an older thread about the betrayal and someone mentioned that he can kill at one point,hence the question.

• edited September 2016

Oh. Well that's not underwhelming at all.

Sometimes, I think people can overreact a bit too much about Clementine and will angry at the drop of a hat.

Edit: Oh, you DICK! Sorry, I just saw a death reel of Episode 3 and I see what you mean but because it goes by so fast, for a second there, I thought he yanked her down at normal speed or just got bored when slowed down. Either way, its hilarious.

I think you mean a non-canon death in Episode 3 'In Harms Way'. Basically, when Clem is being pulled up to Howe's roof in order to get the r

• Maybe by a couple of years.
    Lee was 37 at the time the apocalypse started. So it's reasonable to assume that Kenny was 40 - 43 years old.

Is Kenny older than Lee?

• Twenty! Days! Later! :lol:

Thanks!

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Maybe by a couple of years. Lee was 37 at the time the apocalypse started. So it's reasonable to assume that Kenny was 40 - 43 years old.

• I don't think they intentionally made him look similar to Kenny but i remember when the trailer for All That Remains released there was a quick clip of Nick from behind which caused people to speculate whether it was Kenny or not.

This was the scene.

enter image description here

Was Nick supposed to look kinda like Kenny?

• They messed up the models in "Amid The Ruins," but, instead of being constant, they placed them correctly in "No Going Back."

Hence, Vitali was always meant to be the violent leader of the ambush, and held the assault rifle, and Buricko held the shotgun and was tagging along. Vitali was meant to have started the firefight.

Okay, so the transition between Amid the Ruins and No Going Back was confusing for numerous reasons, but one notable example is that Buricko

• Don't you just love how out of context screenshots can make someone space out?

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't think they intentionally made him look similar to Kenny but i remember when the trailer for All That Remains released there was a qu

• edited September 2016

You know what, that makes a lot more sense.

After all, Vitali is supposed to be a bizarre psycho, yet Amid the Ruins has him watching Mike and Kenny with a shotgun during that scene while not being easily audible. Though Arvo audibly yells at Buricko(both the bald guy and the leader in this scene) to call it off when they notice the baby, telling him that he doesn't have to do this. Part of what makes it even more confusing is that the unused English dialogue for them has Vitali refer to Buricko as "Vitali" while going about barehandedly killing everyone and eating their entrails, which makes me wonder did their names get switched as well.

And while reviewing both scenes to get as much of the details, I realized it would make much more dramatic sense for Jane to stab Buricko (since he was the one who decided to rob the group and started the gunfight in reply to Clementine/Kenny shooting Rebecca) rather than Vitali(who I believed was just backup compared to Arvo the liaison, Natasha the voice of reason, and Buricko the leader).

They messed up the models in "Amid The Ruins," but, instead of being constant, they placed them correctly in "No Going Back." Hence, Vita

• I was part of a previous unanswered question where I asked how Season 2 would have progressed had Kenny not been there. Most of the few answers I got involved Lily or Christa taking his place, so I had to use that phrasing to get a better answer. But since no one answered it then, I decided to repost it.

• Luke's face looks like he just remembered he left the stove on.

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't think they intentionally made him look similar to Kenny but i remember when the trailer for All That Remains released there was a qu

• During the train ride to Savanna, Clem asks Lee if she could "tell her parents" .... and that's it, she doesn't go into detail about what. The gun training? What they've been through? What? Could be just something TT just cut out or didn't finish, but it sure left me scratching my head. Luckily it had no real concequence.

• I believe she may have been referring to Lee's criminal past.

DoubleJump posted: »

During the train ride to Savanna, Clem asks Lee if she could "tell her parents" .... and that's it, she doesn't go into detail about what. T

• Wish she'd been more specific and asked that question when we were actually talking about Lee's past.

I believe she may have been referring to Lee's criminal past.

• edited September 2016

This question needs clarification. Do you mean each character individually or each group, as in the cabin group, ski lodge group, etc?

For starters, the writers needed to care about the characters. They didn't in Season 2 and it showed plainly. From negative first impressions (Nick, Rebecca, Carlos), to interrupted character arcs (Nick, Sarah), to characters that got little to no development (Sarita, Mike), to characters that were cast aside to change the direction of the story (Luke, Bonnie), to characters they wanted us to love (Jane) or hate (Kenny) for better or for worse. Giving each character clear-cut understandable motivations, an objective, and an actual personality would have rectified a lot. Make Sarita fiery; have her curse; stand up to Kenny. Show Kenny making progress not deteriorating. Let Sarah mature and make a contribution to the group that doesn't involve her dying. Show Luke's vulnerability and self-doubt more, while Nick finds his confidence and eclipses Luke as the unlikely hero. In the end it felt like the choice was between Kenny and Jane all along with the writers obviously biased toward Jane with Kenny included for no good reason other than fan service.

This would probably be better suited for another topic but just baiting hooks here: What exactly was missing from each major Season 2 character(Cabin, Ski Lodge, Howe's Hardware, Unfinished House) that would have made them much more rounded?

• To me, it means the character isn't memorable or compelling. They invoke feelings of apathy more than anything. Someone who has "personality" can invoke a wide and ever-changing spectrum of feeling: sympathy, suspicion, disgust, curiosity, to name a few. Several of the characters in Season 2, while having the excuse of limited dialogue/opportunities for interaction, seem abnormally bland. Even a character that is presented as shy, quiet, reserved, or socially awkward can have quirks, hidden facets to their personality, or show occasional displays of emotion. Case in point: Doug. Doug is an introvert, but he's personable and can be funny. He can also be brave when the situation calls for it.

I guess. It's just one of those things that you see get thrown around a lot and you want comment on after a while.

• They probably wear them because they offer the most protection and in the case of cargo pants, built in storage. If you wore shorts, you would be awfully cold in the winter and dealing with scratches and bug bites all summer. A skirt or dress would also be very impractical in an environment where the ability to run quickly could save your life.

AAA_Jane posted: »

Why does everyone in the walking dead either wear jeans or cargo pants for literally everything?

• Has there ever been a thread about random thoughts?

• Comment of the millennium.

Luke's face looks like he just remembered he left the stove on.

• There will be, soon! It's up to the users! You can vote here.

No, I'm not shamelessly spreading this poll.

Has there ever been a thread about random thoughts?

• That sounds really interesting. I am an obsessive Telltale TWD fan, and it would be pretty awesome to have our own channel with other fans who have the same interest. We could create whatever we wanted! It sounds very cool.

• I think it's safe to make it now. :)

There will be, soon! It's up to the users! You can vote here. No, I'm not shamelessly spreading this poll.

• Why exactly did people compare Nick(and later Sarah) to Ben?

• Cause Nick was very 'Ben-esque' in the quality of his decision making skills. In layman's term, Nick's an idiot.

I hadn't known that Sarah was compared to Ben all that often, the distinction I ascertained is that she's a lot more like Duck.

Why exactly did people compare Nick(and later Sarah) to Ben?

• I could imagine Carver doing what she did, except he would be less mysterious about it.

Yeah, actually that sounds about right. Part of made Jane interesting was that she was essentially the same as Carver but female and not really an evil pyscho tyrant about it. Some may try to argue that contributed to making him feel so one-note but, unlike Kenny, she didn't get any spotlight until the end of the episode, with the next pretty much focusing exclusively on building up her while "taking care" of "loose ends". :unamused:

Maybe he would actually have some depth to him.

• Were people really surprised that Taavia was talking about Carver at Howe's Hardware?

• Down wit de Squids!

What obvious reasons? The moderators seem to close threads indiscriminately just on the chance users may become abusive or the discussion goes off topic. They infringe on our freedom of speech, if you ask me.

• That seems like a really cool concept. I remember I used to follow a channel who did stuff like that with Harry Potter.

I'd be down.

Especially with the new season coming up. :)

• Ben was often seen as the liability to the group in S1, being the resident screw up and making stupid decisions. Nick and Sarah pretty much took over that position in the second season, as both were, technically, the liabilities up until their demises. Other then that, there are few similarities with the characters.

Why exactly did people compare Nick(and later Sarah) to Ben?

• I should probably be the last person asking this but: Wasn't there a point in presumably Episode 3 where Sarah claims that she never got in trouble before? If so, when did it happen?

• I've seen a large number of people who say Rebecca should've been replaced with Christa. Playing ignorant a little bit for a second, why would they say this?

• Okay, I know I asked a similar question before, but does anyone actually like Wyatt himself?

• What is every character's color and weapon of choice?

• Why did Hershel still refer to Clementine as Lee's daughter after he was told that Lee is either a babysitter, neighbor, or just some guy? That has always bugged me since I first played the episode. Was it just bad editing on Telltale's part, or was it a way of ingraining into us that we are Clem's surrogate father?

• How is that stretch goal working out?

There will be, soon! It's up to the users! You can vote here. No, I'm not shamelessly spreading this poll.

• However, I still feel the need to ask: which is truly Buricko and which is truly Vitali?

They messed up the models in "Amid The Ruins," but, instead of being constant, they placed them correctly in "No Going Back." Hence, Vita

• Does this extend to any main characters?

Deltino posted: »

Although a lot of characters reuse models, they only reuse the base models. Most characters share the same base, but they have different tex

• To me, it means the character isn't memorable or compelling. Someone who has "personality" can invoke a wide and ever-changing spectrum of feeling: sympathy, suspicion, disgust, curiosity, to name a few.

Okay, that makes sense.

Several of the characters in Season 2, while having the excuse of limited dialogue/opportunities for interaction, seem abnormally bland.

Some more than others but I'm inclined to agree.

Doug. Doug is an introvert, but he's personable and can be funny. He can also be brave when the situation calls for it.

True. Hence why Lilly ended up running off into the woods.

Also, what happened to your profile pic?

To me, it means the character isn't memorable or compelling. They invoke feelings of apathy more than anything. Someone who has "personality

• edited October 2016

Do you mean me? I said it because I think, if they wanted us to gain a stronger bond with the baby, the baby should have been Christa's as opposed to Rebecca's.

I've seen a large number of people who say Rebecca should've been replaced with Christa. Playing ignorant a little bit for a second, why would they say this?

• It wasn't that she said she got in trouble before, she said her father had never hit her before. This is after Carver makes Carlos slap her and she's crying in the greenhouse.

I should probably be the last person asking this but: Wasn't there a point in presumably Episode 3 where Sarah claims that she never got in trouble before? If so, when did it happen?

• Okay, I do remember that, but I could've sworn she also claimed she never got in trouble with Carver before at some point. Ah well.

LoseMyHome posted: »

It wasn't that she said she got in trouble before, she said her father had never hit her before. This is after Carver makes Carlos slap her and she's crying in the greenhouse.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.