The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Carley? Why?

Bon-Bon posted: »

Carley, Jane, and Clementine.

• Because he had no time to be liked.

Why is there no love for Mark on the forums?

• Because she stood up to Lilly and she's a good shooter.

DabigRG posted: »

Carley? Why?

• So a female is just not allowed to be a good person AND be capable of any sort of combat?

Because she stood up to Lilly and she's a good shooter.

• I never said that. I'm just saying that's how everyone else feels.

So a female is just not allowed to be a good person AND be capable of any sort of combat?

• I know that. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous those reasons you gave are. Molly, Jane, and to a point Clementine make more sense by their very nature; Carley just seems to be joining Luke as "likable and sympathetic character I don't like=Mary Sue".

I never said that. I'm just saying that's how everyone else feels.

• edited October 2016

Yeah, I don't understand either.

I know that. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous those reasons you gave are. Molly, Jane, and to a point Clementine make more sense by thei

• Yet characters like Eddie, Michelle, Alvin, and Mike have a fan base.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Well, I mean, there's not really much to love...We hardly knew the guy.

• To be fair, Eddie was in a DLC that was hyped up as being an episodic prequel to Season 2, while Alvin and Mike were underplayed members of Clementine's group for three episodes.

Michelle is essentially another Jolene situation. :smile:

Yet characters like Eddie, Michelle, Alvin, and Mike have a fan base.

• edited October 2016

One would think that you wouldn't use that adjective.

Edited section

For clarification—I meant that "retarded" and "autistic" are both mental health terms that are thrown around on the Internet similarly, and since you're autistic I thought that you would sympathize and refrain from using the term "retarded."

Yeah, I don't understand either.

• Actually, he was the first there...

• edited October 2016

... Who's Mark?

Oooh, that Mark. I thought he was okay... But we only know him for, like, 1.5 hours.

Why is there no love for Mark on the forums?

• edited October 2016

i find russel kinda eh. nate's the only good part about his segment.

Is there a 400 Days character that people generally don't like?

• the show is.

Is the TWD franchise getting hated by more and more people every day?

• May I ask why you like Nate?

megamike15 posted: »

i find russel kinda eh. nate's the only good part about his segment.

• Has there ever been a character who feels for the walkers?

• Maybe because of his jokes.

Acheive250 posted: »

May I ask why you like Nate?

• Is Shawn in the TV show? If so, what exactly happens to him after Lee and Kenny leave?

• edited October 2016

I feel like answering some questions left unanswered ^~^

. @DabigRG

Is Shawn in the TV show? If so, what exactly happens to him after Lee and Kenny leave?

Shawn is in the TV Show but note that the Shawn we see in the game is his comic counterpart not the show version. The game takes place on the comics universe.
    Show/Comic Spoilers ahead: Shawn is in both medias as a walker. After Lee left, Hershel refused to believe that infected people were really dead, and held onto the hope that there would still be a cure in the future. He kept Shawn (and other deceased family members) on his shed. He is later killed by Rick and co. on the show. I son't exactly recall if it was Rick, or Hershel himself who puts Shawn's walker down on the comics. Wikia can answer that if you're interested, though.

Has there ever been a character who feels for the walkers?

Comic/Shown spoilers: Hershel and his remaining alive family members all held onto the hope that walkers could still be cured. They abondon that way of thinking later, though.
    Fear The Walking Dead Spoilers: Celia, an antagonist, and the people who worked for her all belived that walkers were still people, just in a different way. Like Hershel, she keeps deceased workers, family members, friends, etc locked on a cellar. Unlike Hershel, Celia and her people kinda worshiped the walkers, thinking that it was the afterlife their religion promissed.

Given some random posts and trivia I've seen, is it possible that Luke was originally the protagonist of Season 2 at one point?

I highly doubt it.

What are some similarities and differences between Sarah and Jane?

Uhhh, they are both females? ^~^
    They both seem to have social problems, although in different ways.

What is the general consensus on Reggie? The few times I've seen him get brought up, it's usually in poor standing.

I can't speak for everyone, but it seems to me that he is one of the most forgettable characters in this The Walking Dead media. I don't think people liked him or disliked him, but I've seen let's players showing annoyance for his wanting to stay at Carver's.

Not an actual question but I want a second opinion on this. When Clementine gets Sarah out of the trailer and hands her her glasses, Sarah looks at Clementine for a moment before putting them on--and then she gives her this...look. What did you think this meant?

"I'll find you tonight, baby... wink"

Okay, I know I asked a similar question before, but does anyone actually like Wyatt himself?

I do. Him and Eddie were pretty funny dudes and had the most interesting backstory (maybe aside from Bonnie) from all the 400 days protagonists (which unfortunately was never expanded). Also, his leaving Eddie or being left by Eddie plot could've been really interesting. In short, he was likable for the time we had him on screen and he had seemingly inetersting backstory and future plot.

What is every character's color and weapon of choice?

I think Kenny's favourite colour would be green (I just have a feeling). Clementine's seemed to be pink. About the other characters I have no idea.

I'm sure I've probably ask this before, but what exactly were the problems with each individual member of the Cabin Group? I know a few of them, but I thought I'd ask anyway in case I overlooked something.

Carlos; his daughter was his weakness, he also seemed to have some kind of bad temperment. Sheltering his daughter way too much was certainly something he shouldn't have done. Teaching her a few basic things wouldn't hurt anyone, also letting her be around Clem, a kid who had her shit together and could be a good influence on her would've also been a good idea, but instead, he enforces the opposite.

Luke; hummm... being a beatiful cinnamon roll? Too pure for this world?

Nick; bad temper, making rash decisions, being an asshole.

Sarah; her dependence on Carlos and her mental issues.

Rebecca; being an asshole... sometimes. Being pregnant was also something not very usefull to be in the ZA and can totally be seen as a problem. Lastly her shady past with Carver.

Alvin; being too much of a flufy teddy bear. Too pure for this world.

Pete; lacking an interesting personality. Jokes apart, taking unecessary dangers ( why the heel would you want to look at more people with holes in their heads? It got you killed...).

Yeah, that's it for today.

• Partly true, though.

Actually, he was the first there...

• edited October 2016

There is a minor character in the television series!

There are also plenty of other main characters in the comic, television series and Fear The Walking Dead whom my mind decided to block.

• I wasn't calling anyone retarded; I was calling a figure of speech retarded.

One would think that you wouldn't use that adjective. Edited section For clarification—I meant that "retarded" and "autistic" are bo

• I was speaking about the term itself.

I could call the new design of the website autistic if I didn't like it, and it would be offensive even though it wasn't targeted toward anyone. Don't mention that it offends the designer of the layout because my example would fall apart.

I wasn't calling anyone retarded; I was calling a figure of speech retarded.

• Herschel?

• A design of a website can have autism?

I was speaking about the term itself. I could call the new design of the website autistic if I didn't like it, and it would be offensive

• I've never found him funny...

Maybe because of his jokes.

• A figure of speech can have mental retardation?

A design of a website can have autism?

• edited October 2016

How is a website design a figure of speech?

A figure of speech can have mental retardation?

• Would you have given Tavia a bigger role in Season 2?

• i have this fondness for jerk characters. and yes i did find him funny.

I've never found him funny...

• she was never a big character in the first place.

Clemenem posted: »

Would you have given Tavia a bigger role in Season 2?

• edited November 2016

How can a figure of speech be more retarded than a website design?

Let's call this a match.

How is a website design a figure of speech?

• I thought everyone loved Alvin?

Yet characters like Eddie, Michelle, Alvin, and Mike have a fan base.

• Yes. She's on my list of characters who should've had more to them.

Clemenem posted: »

Would you have given Tavia a bigger role in Season 2?

• That's what he/she means. Alvin didn't get as much screentime/characterization as the other Cabin Group members.

I thought everyone loved Alvin?

• edited November 2016

Okay, this is a question with weird connotations that crossed my mind:

One of the complaints of No Going Back was that the Russian Group had little point to their presence, which isn't helped by the fact that no one actually dies by their hands. I've seen some people single out Mike as the person who should've died, which I didn't really agree with since, with his original backstory and subplot unused in the final game, the only things of note that he does in the story is help out the Group with his strength and eventually attempts to free Arvo from Kenny.

However, with the possibility of his death with the story carrying on the same basic way on the tables, I had my own alternative in mind but wanted to ask: Who else do you think could've done what he did in the penultimate scene?

• edited November 2016

I had no idea I had so many questions unanswered, even if a few of them were repeated later on for an answer. Thanks, love!

Shawn in the TV show

Okay. I heard he apparently lived for several days before dying, so I was curious as to what that entailed.
    Though, I wasn’t aware that the comic and the TV show were meant to be significantly different since Michonne, the Governor, and Negan are in both. Good to know….

Hershel, the Greene’s, Celia(?)

Neat. Nice to hear that some people, and an antagonist in particular, do see the walkers in a positive light.
    Is Fear of the Walking Dead another game?

Sane

Okay. I was aware of some but I wanted to get a few second opinions before I made a post about them in my Similarities and Differences thread. Especially given my strong personal thoughts about the two.

Reggie

Forgettable, huh? That’s one way of putting it I guess. When I heard that Season 2 was apparently made to be much shorter than Season 1, he was the first proof I thought of.

"I'll find you tonight, baby... wink"

:blush: I...don't know what to say to that.

Wyatt

Really?! :confused:

Color and weapon

Forgot I asked that one. I know Kenny’s text was green, Molly had that pick thing, Jane had an extended screwdriver, and Clementine’s favorite color was purple but was curious about other characters.

Problems with the Cabin Group

I specifically meant from a writing/storytelling perspective and by extension people’s issues with their portrayal.

I feel like answering some questions left unanswered ^~^ . @DabigRG Is Shawn in the TV show? If so, what exactly happens to him aft

• Is Fear of the Walking Dead another game?

Fear The Walking Dead is a television series set in the universe of the main The Walking Dead show, though it has a different set of characters and takes place in different locations, including the West Coast and Mexico.

I had no idea I had so many questions unanswered, even if a few of them were repeated later on for an answer. Thanks, love! Shawn in t

• Oh yeah! Is that the one where the commercial had people were on a boat with walkers chasing them?

Is Fear of the Walking Dead another game? Fear The Walking Dead is a television series set in the universe of the main The Walking D

• That sounds likely!

Oh yeah! Is that the one where the commercial had people were on a boat with walkers chasing them?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.