The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• How do you think Lily would have handled Carver? Who would win in a battle of mental tactics and who is the overall better survivor

• Do you think it's possible that the group that attacked Clem and Christa was with Carver's group?

DabigRG posted: »

Do you think Carver actually know who Christa was?

• Looking at marcost3's review made me think of something: What if it had been Christa who had been captured by Troy and was staring at Clementine instead of Jane?

• edited November 2016

Not really, seeing as they were wearing regular clothes instead of the vest and/or army clothing that his group seemed to prefer and they seemed pretty base.

Now that you mention it, it's entirely possible that Carver could've hired them to track down the Cabin Group, given that they were deadset on knowing if she had a group.

Its also worth noting that should Clementine be caught by Winston early on, he starts dragging her in the others general direction for a bit before Victor shows up. He say something(dont recall) and says he can just get rid of Clementine, to which Winston pulls out his gun with "gladly."

Acheive250 posted: »

Do you think it's possible that the group that attacked Clem and Christa was with Carver's group?

• I'm mixed on what her take on the walkietalkie plan would be. On one hand, she would like having an intelligence advantage over Carver, who doesn't think the herd will be a problem; on the other, she would also be able to forsee the possibility of Taavia noticing the missing walkie talkies and Luke accidentally turning in to another signal.

Clemenem posted: »

How do you think Lily would have handled Carver? Who would win in a battle of mental tactics and who is the overall better survivor

• wHaT

Looking at marcost3's review made me think of something: What if it had been Christa who had been captured by Troy and was staring at Clementine instead of Jane?

• What if Christa had been the one bunking up with Mike and Reggie and thus, the one teaching Clementine those tricks?

NorthStars posted: »

wHaT

• Who was Pizza and Ice Cream? What does this make Jane?

• edited November 2016

Alrighty Jane fans, help me out here: What are her redeeming qualities and/or likable traits that make you like her despite her faults and wrongdoings?

• Oh yeah, I forgot about Randall for some reason.

Clemenem posted: »

Danny St. John and Randall come to mind

• :unamused: Stepping into something of a visible mine field here since I'm smart/obsessive enough to have thought this out for myself but I want to know what other people have to say on the subject nowadays:
    Can someone please tell me how exactly Sarah dying at all is supposed to prove Jane right?

• The reasoning for its existence was pretty obvious, especially for a Sarah connoisseur such as yourself.

I swear, for a second, I thought you were implying that I'm eatin' Sarah. Dangit, Cilan and Burgundy!

Anyways, I really like that interpretation. I've been thinking about it, and that does work really well.

Well, that's the tragedy of the episode as a whole. It has these amazing moments with symbolism, characterization, and dialogue, but some of the choices they make are some of the worst storytelling I've seen in a while.

As to your thoughts, hmmm I like. My body is satisfied.

Yeah, keep it in the bathroom, pal.

I honestly found all of the trailer scene alterations to be satisfying. The "canon death" (I love that pun so much) was a different story.

Yeah, the canon death really does pretty much shit all over the firs one. Also, that pun was totally intended, he lied.

No, this reply isn't late, why do you ask? :lol:

Kenny726 posted: »

Yeah, I kind of figured you weren't referring to her first expression. The reasoning for its existence was pretty obvious, especially for a

• Somewhere in this communities, there is a thread with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

• Somewhere in this communities, there is a thread with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

• What do you think the original connection between Luke and Carver was?

• [ why did he have to die so early?]

Because he was too cool to live.

megamike15 posted: »

lets see. all of pete's scenes [ why did he have to die so early?] i enjoyed jane as a character...never gonna do her ending tho i can't

• Pizza and icecream was originally believed to be Kenny and Luke. Jane was unknown at the time.

Who was Pizza and Ice Cream? What does this make Jane?

• Okay, I sorta got the gist of that when I decided to look it up when I got the chance. What would we call Jane to go with that theme?

Pizza and icecream was originally believed to be Kenny and Luke. Jane was unknown at the time.

• Which characters do you think have the best and/or worst design(s)?

• Wait, what?

Who was Pizza and Ice Cream? What does this make Jane?

• Never heard of it, sorry.

Somewhere in this communities, there is a thread with all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine. Does anyone have a copy of it?

• Father and son...

I'm just kidding.

What do you think the original connection between Luke and Carver was?

• Cookies!

Okay, I sorta got the gist of that when I decided to look it up when I got the chance. What would we call Jane to go with that theme?

• Best: Molly Jane

Worst: The family that appears at the end of S2 E5 if you went with Jane. The Hispanic Molly, red head Carlos and black Duck.

Which characters do you think have the best and/or worst design(s)?

• Why do most people on these forums have some kind of affection towards Paige from Michonne? I never understood it.

• The worst to me were Kenny and Carver with those costume store mustaches and Jolene's toothbrush hair. And Sarita looked kind of like a dark-skinned Katjaa in my opinion. Everyone else was ok. Eddie had a cool design. I liked Nick, season 2 Bonnie and season 2 Clem also.

• Apparently, that's what Luke preferred over Pizza.

Cookies!

• Apparently, the writers/develops intentionally hyped up people during the production of Season 2 later episodes by hinting at something using the term "Pizza or Ice Cream," with Kenny and Luke being the obvious assumption. Since Jane replaced Sarah and Luke in their respective capacities, I asked what party food she would be if Luke is considered Ice Cream.

Wait, what?

• edited November 2016

Ok. I meant say there was a thread with a picture of all of the villains apparently plotting against Clementine and it's the picture that I wanted to see.

Never heard of it, sorry.

• That was an actual theory I saw a while back and looking at it now, it's entirely possible that may have been the case at one point.

Father and son... ... I'm just kidding.

• edited November 2016

Best: Molly Jane

Mmm...Meh. Jane in particular both works and yet also bothers me for various reasons.

Worst: Randy, Patricia, Gil

Well, those were the easy answers. :grin:

Best: Molly Jane Worst: The family that appears at the end of S2 E5 if you went with Jane. The Hispanic Molly, red head Carlos and black Duck.

• The worst to me were Kenny and Carver

Yeah, Carver's design was always a sticking point for me since it told me everything I needed to know. And Kenny's Season 2 design in particular kinda bothers me for a number of reasons despite being fine enough on its own.

Jolene's toothbrush hair

Ew. Talking from experience?

And Sarita looked kind of like a dark-skinned Katjaa in my opinion.

...K? :confused: I know Sarita didn't serve that much of a purpose but I never got some of people's comments about her being Katjaa.

Eddie had a cool design

I guess.

I liked Nick, season 2 Bonnie and season 2 Clem also.

I don't like the way Bonnie's vest looks with her hair for some reason, but other than that I agree. In fact, Nick is ironically one of the better designs in Season 2.

Bon-Bon posted: »

The worst to me were Kenny and Carver with those costume store mustaches and Jolene's toothbrush hair. And Sarita looked kind of like a dark

• Most? I've only seen 5 or 6 people say she was a favorite while most others like her well enough.

Either way, the response she got in comparison to her role makes sense. A common way to add to a character is by giving them a friend or villain that they can interact with. While this can sometimes lead to "Satellite Characters," it does produce some positive results. Paige essentially functioned as a non-related sign that Sam is indeed a good person, she just has a sharp edge to her that makes this difficult to see. And while they makes characters like Sam more likeable, they also get some fans of their own. After all, some people really liked Paige, I like Sarah, and I'm sure most people also like characters in the same vein as them, Katjaa, Omid, Alvin, or even Becca.

So, the affection is more of a contrasting but understandable result to a necessary evil, if you will. There is a thread about over and under rated characters if you want to sufficiently comment specifically on your own thoughts about her.

Why do most people on these forums have some kind of affection towards Paige from Michonne? I never understood it.

• edited November 2016

For the sake of answering my own question, I'll briefly throw out a few:

Good: Clementine(Season 2, Adam's hoodie), Ben, Larry, Nick, Arvo

Cute(Can't think of better word, so no homo): Lee, Clementine(Cool Jacket), Molly, Bonnie(Season 2), Michelle, Sarah, Reggie, Gil

Okay: Eddie, Sarita, Carlos, Mike, Jane

[With]Nitpick: Kenny(Season 2), Carley, Bonnie(Season 2), Becca(Season 2), Luke(without), Carlos, Sarah, Jane

Not in: Kenny (post-eye), Katjaa, Rebecca, Carver

Which remind's me of another question...

• How does a thread about either Character Designs or Fashion Statements sound?

• I actually like Kenny's design in season two better then in season one.

The worst to me were Kenny and Carver Yeah, Carver's design was always a sticking point for me since it told me everything I needed

• Fashion statements... In a zombie apocalypse?

Eh, could work.

How does a thread about either Character Designs or Fashion Statements sound?

• Oh really?

I actually like Kenny's design in season two better then in season one.

• I'm gonna assume you mean the thread, but I meant who has the best look to them.

Fashion statements... In a zombie apocalypse? Eh, could work.

• I meant her hair style resembles a toothbrush, and I liked that Eddie had a piercing since I have some. What don't you like about the vest? Is it the colour?

The worst to me were Kenny and Carver Yeah, Carver's design was always a sticking point for me since it told me everything I needed

Sign in to comment in this discussion.