Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Part 3.106

Torrhen's just making Rodrik angrier, and probably making him even more prone to faltering.

• It's pretty clear who's got the upper hand, but I actually cut the fight here - so tomorrow's post will be something else. We'll definitely come back to this fight, but there are many things I want to get out of the way before I complete this fight.

They're all interesting, don't you worry. Just gotta drag out this climactic duel until the right time. Bear with me.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.106 Torrhen's just making Rodrik angrier, and probably making him even more prone to faltering.

• Here it is, the showdown everyone has waited for.

Rodrik VS Torrhen

One shall stand. One shall fall. (Oh wait, wrong franchise. :P)

Part 3.105 Just the two of them left...

• Look what you've done Torrhen. Now Rodrik will forever have that Angry expression. stuck on his face.

Part 3.106 Torrhen's just making Rodrik angrier, and probably making him even more prone to faltering.

• Part 3.107

@littlehandmaiden helped write dialogue for this scene : )

• If I were in his place. I would take her hostage and return the baby to the Forresters so they can keep him as their hostage. That would be the least violent option, and very good strategically

Part 3.107 @littlehandmaiden helped write dialogue for this scene : )

• Torrhen wouldn't have it. As soon as they retreated, he'd march full force on wherever they were and demand his family back. If they held a knife to Greta or Karl's throat, he'd point out they're in no position to argue as he has a full army and they don't. Kill either of them, and they'd feel victory for all of five minutes before Torrhen laid waste to the whole place with no mercy.

Touch Torrhen's wife or kids, and the man becomes a walking apocalypse.

MrEggplant posted: »

If I were in his place. I would take her hostage and return the baby to the Forresters so they can keep him as their hostage. That would be the least violent option, and very good strategically

• Go Ned! Murder them!

Part 3.107 @littlehandmaiden helped write dialogue for this scene : )

• edited November 2016

If you really think Ned's in the right attempting to murder an innocent baby and potentially his cousin... well, you must be as deluded as he is.

Go Ned! Murder them!

• Wait so is this whole thing drawing to a close soon? I don't want it to end :(

• Not for a while yet, it should carry into the new year. Can't say the lack of interest really keeps me wanting to carry on though, haha...

Wait so is this whole thing drawing to a close soon? I don't want it to end

• I want every Whitehill dead. No exceptions.

If you really think Ned's in the right attempting to murder an innocent baby and potentially his cousin... well, you must be as deluded as he is.

• There we go. I honestly didn't get the full feeling of you being back till this comment :D Now everything's back to normal, thank gods.

I want every Whitehill dead. No exceptions.

• I really don't think Ned is going to kill them, though. Actually, I like to believe he doesn't truly want to, but feels like that is his duty (bc let's be honest, the upbringing of most men in the North leaves them with quite a fucked up view of this world, ran by long dead traditions & warped views of what's "honorable"). Though ngl, Ned's probably just mad that Greta sides with Torrhen on this one. If I were him, I'd rather offer her to come with me AND take the child along, yet if she refused... Some harsh words would probably be said, something about her being his whore, yeah, if I had the amount of info Eddard does. This is a great moment for Myles to show up, I think, & maybe change his father's mind... Hopefully, he'll be capable of that, though if he starts saying that Torrhen "isn't that bad" or something, it's possible that Ned is just going to lash out further.

• Wait, are you saying that you don't really want to carry on?

Not for a while yet, it should carry into the new year. Can't say the lack of interest really keeps me wanting to carry on though, haha...

• Believe me, it would bring me no pleasure seeing such a lovely lady and such an innocent child meet the end Eddard desires but unfortunately, seeing as the stance on the issue of childslaying the Whitehills have themselves is somewhat... inhuman, let's say, I decided to murder my conscience and develop a scary lack of guit when it comes to their own offsprings. And I want to see Torrhen broken, in pain and suffering.

Krapinka posted: »

There we go. I honestly didn't get the full feeling of you being back till this comment :D Now everything's back to normal, thank gods.

• No offense to Jake intended, I think it's just that not as many people follow the story as he hoped. That's my guess, I can't actually read minds.

Wait, are you saying that you don't really want to carry on?

• edited November 2016

I can see your point here, really. I myself a lot of times try to just shut off my empathy for certain characters, that I don't hate, but that threaten other characters, ones that I love. More often than not, it doesn't work, but still. I don't think Whitehills in the game or au have actually killed any children though (correct me if I'm wrong, I tend to forget, like, the most major stuff all the time). And this part:

I want to see Torrhen broken, in pain and suffering.

Believe it or not, it represents some part of how I feel too. I can't say I want Torrhen dead or broken beyond any repair (more out of sympathy for Greta, Roslin & his other future kids, tbh), but... Seriously. I have no love for him. I may enjoy his parts in the au because of his charisma, and how the plot instantly gets more tense & interesting whenever he's around, but that does not equal me liking the man he is. Not that I believe it'll actually happen, but it'd bring me pleasure if somewhere down the line he was defeated, ridden of all of his power & thoroughly humiliated, probably even seriously injured, at least for the time being. He has hurt lots of people, or had a lot of them hurt by his men without intervening, he feels entitled to that, he finds pleasure in it at times, and by the gods, his "lol, suck it, im invincible" attitude fucking grates on me to no end. Again, I may not want him dead, but I'd love karma to fuck him up good. He could use some serious lessons of humility, nothing will convince me otherwise.

Believe me, it would bring me no pleasure seeing such a lovely lady and such an innocent child meet the end Eddard desires but unfortunately

• Got it in one - I spend many hours on the AU a day and the response doesn't really warrant that amount of work. At this point I'm more continuing out of obligation to finish a project than actual want to, haha.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No offense to Jake intended, I think it's just that not as many people follow the story as he hoped. That's my guess, I can't actually read minds.

• I love this story but if you're not feeling it or just don't want to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. If it becomes less about enjoyment and more about obligation, then there's a problem.

Got it in one - I spend many hours on the AU a day and the response doesn't really warrant that amount of work. At this point I'm more continuing out of obligation to finish a project than actual want to, haha.

• This whole discussion is giving me a migraine.

Yes, let's kill off the "lovely lady" for the sake of having another character suffer. That's the whole reason I created her :)

I really don't think Ned is going to kill them, though. Actually, I like to believe he doesn't truly want to, but feels like that is his dut

• edited November 2016

Also gotta love how Greta isn't even considered a character by anyone. How her dedication to her child over anyone, cousin included, is just blatantly ignored because she's Torrhen's wife and people are too lazy to look just under the surface.

Man, feels like every instance of subtlety in the AU has been overlooked :)

This whole discussion is giving me a migraine. Yes, let's kill off the "lovely lady" for the sake of having another character suffer. That's the whole reason I created her

• edited November 2016

Ok, this isn't what I meant at all?? I don't want to Greta to die, regardless of "for what" it could happen.

This whole discussion is giving me a migraine. Yes, let's kill off the "lovely lady" for the sake of having another character suffer. That's the whole reason I created her

• Part 3.108

...waits for poorly informed responses...

• "I am Lady Whitehill's shield!"

Gotta be one of my favourite quotes so far.

Part 3.108 ...waits for poorly informed responses...

• edited November 2016

I can definitely see what you mean. I can only imagine how long it takes to make each and every image. I've been reading up on stuff on the AU Wiki as well and I still can't wrap my head around on how so much work that is mostly just background story is done concurrently with the actual main story.

Got it in one - I spend many hours on the AU a day and the response doesn't really warrant that amount of work. At this point I'm more continuing out of obligation to finish a project than actual want to, haha.

• I can sorta relate. I've got work published in other sites that I would like more folks to see and comment on, but I don't get as many as I would like.

Despite that, I still want to keep going with my work for the people that I know who really support what I do. And that's enough for me.

• Anyone want an entirely-too-big map of the territories in the au?

enter image description here

Full size image link here.

• edited November 2016

Part 3.109

Cavalry's here.

• Arys is about fuck shit up.

Part 3.109 Cavalry's here.

• This is worrying.

Part 3.109 Cavalry's here.

• edited November 2016
  • His armour did so much for him!

Part 3.110 )':

• Thought I'd keep it consistent with the game, lol.

Kateis posted: »

His armour did so much for him!

• :D

Part 3.110 )':

• I can only assume that what's amusing about this is the "useless armor" trope... Otherwise, I'm curious about what's so funny.

• I know, I'm not supposed to complain — it's not like any outcome would be a good one, with two characters I love fighting each other, but... I just can't help feeling sad D: RIP, ser Arys, although he wasn't one of my favorites, I really liked him still. He had an honorable death, protecting Greta & Karl, but they're kinda still in danger now, so I wonder what could possibly save them (COUGH, Myles, if you're even planning to show up, it's high time for it, COUGH).

PS. This pic is what made the scene & Arys's character for me, though. One expression, that displays so much fatherly worry, it truly sums up the relationship between him & Greta, that was honestly such a great thing :—;

Part 3.110 )':

• I still need to write that story I've had slated for about half a year now about Greta's trip back home to see her father with Ser Arys and some of the other elites. Greta and him definitely have a father/daughter relationship though we haven't seen much of it. I agree that his expression there says everything we need to know. This will probably kill her knowing he died protecting her.

I know, I'm not supposed to complain — it's not like any outcome would be a good one, with two characters I love fighting each other, but...

• Poor Arys, if only Lady Whitehill's shield had a shield.

Part 3.110 )':

• (that wasn't directed at you IM POSTIVE)

Ok, this isn't what I meant at all?? I don't want to Greta to die, regardless of "for what" it could happen.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.