Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• edited December 2016

Well, I don't think TVTropes will ruin your life.

Deltino posted: »

I think TV Tropes is taking over your life

• I got over the flaws of Season 3

• I don't like romantic storylines. Love triangles even less.

• Clem is not the end-all, be-all.

• I don't really like Mariana and appreciate her more for the role she'll play in the development of Javi, Gabe and Kate rather than her actual character.

That's not to say that, given a decision, I wouldn't pick her over Gabe. I definitely would. And I definitely think she was the most developed character in the first episode.

I was also most looking forward to seeing how her relationship grows, specifically between Javi and to see if anything develops between Clem and her since that could introduce an interesting dynamic. But that got cut short and now all we really have to remember her as is being Clem 2.0.

I don't know. Maybe we'll get a flashback/dream with her and that could change things.

• I guess. She's 13. Lots of people I knew started dating around that age.

I think Clementine is old enough to have a boyfriend.

• The Well and Swear are my two favorite episodes of Season 7.

• I've played the game three times and i always leave. Family > Clementine if i'm Javier.

Spiegel1 posted: »

First time around in my save file, Javier left with Kate and Gabe rather than protect Clementine. Family comes first after all.

• The Conrad choice in the subway was too unbalanced/biased/whatever.

• I like Gabe's character

• I hate Lonnie

• Who?

Vanzam posted: »

I hate Lonnie

• enter image description here

I love that calm face

DabigRG posted: »

Who?

• If that's the guy Javier punches while he was watching him in the junkyard, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Vanzam posted: »

I love that calm face

• That's really an unpopular opinion? Wow, most people I've watched like Eleanor a lot more than Kate.

• Rashid and Vanessa.

Who?

• I've been holding off on saying this for a while as I'm pretty sure these have got to be some of the most unpopular opinions out there.

Firstly I'm gonna get this out of the way... I don't like Lee. Though to be honest my dislike for Lee may have something to do with how often people still talk about him to this day as if he's a god. I'm convinced that Clementine has moved on from Lee's death more than most fans. I actually get annoyed now when he's mentioned in the game. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good character and has an interesting arc but I just don't like him.

Secondly I think Season 1 is incredibly overrated. Every time a new Telltale game comes out I hear "Not as good as TWD S1" and it frustrates me everytime as Season 1 is honestly one of my least favorite Telltale games. I like it, it's good but it's nowhere near as good as people claim.

• I honestly dont know who i'd save if it came down to it.... not out of desire to save both but out of not caring about either.

• edited January 2017

Firstly I'm gonna get this out of the way... I don't like Lee.

DELETE THIS. NOW.

Secondly I think Season 1 is incredibly overrated.

While I don't think it's overrated, I do agree to an extent on how ridiculous people's reactions to it sometimes are.

It especially annoys me when people call it a 'masterpiece' or even better when some people call it a 'fluke' and that it was 'too good for it's own good.' It wasn't any of these things, at all. All it did was stuck to a formula that worked and that the fans loved. And even in that, there were so many things that were flawed and could have been improved on.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I've been holding off on saying this for a while as I'm pretty sure these have got to be some of the most unpopular opinions out there. F

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

DELETE THIS. NOW.

Hello?

Davissons posted: »

Firstly I'm gonna get this out of the way... I don't like Lee. DELETE THIS. NOW. Secondly I think Season 1 is incredibly overr

• I like Gabe.

• Everyone felt that way, not really an unpopular opinion.

The Conrad choice in the subway was too unbalanced/biased/whatever.

• edited January 2017

Oh. :blush:

I meant the scene itself, but still.

Everyone felt that way, not really an unpopular opinion.

• Dont know if it is super unpopular, but I think playing as Clem in season 2 was great, and season 2 was better than season 1 overall, and I wish Javier wasnt the main character in A New Frontier (people seems pretty 50/50 on this dunno)

• I wish that Clementine was the main character in season 3

Dont know if it is super unpopular, but I think playing as Clem in season 2 was great, and season 2 was better than season 1 overall, and I wish Javier wasnt the main character in A New Frontier (people seems pretty 50/50 on this dunno)

• Its not that I inherentely hate Javier as a character, he just feel kind of bland, and I feel he would get a better spotlight in his own game: "The Walking Dead: Gambling Boogaloo", and then continue the story with Clem in season 3

Thasii posted: »

I wish that Clementine was the main character in season 3

• Good thing its not called Season 3 then, huh?

Thasii posted: »

I wish that Clementine was the main character in season 3

• In some way it is, huh? TTG called it Season 3, it's also called A New Frontier. The Steam folder of the game also has "(Season 3)". And last, but not least, Wikipedia names it the third season.

So it's by no means a Michonne-style diversion of the main series. It is the third season of the main series.

I am fine playing Javier though; having several protagonists/main characters is a good way to expand the series/flesh out the story.

Clementine. <3

Good thing its not called Season 3 then, huh?

• I dont mind playing as Javier, I just prefer Clementine or Lee, I also worry that Telltale is taking this series in the opposite direction that I want it to, which is following Clementines story, not that there is a problem if they take it in a direction I dont like, ill probably just not play it anymore, that would be annoying though, considering I just discovered this series this December, but so far I am having an ok time with A New Frontier, definitely the weakest in the series for me though.

Although, I will probably also defend season 2 to the death, and think that its better than season 1, which seems like an unpopular opinion, but then again Clementine has quickly become one of my, if not my favorite character in video games, something in season 2 was just, I dunno, really immersive

In some way it is, huh? TTG called it Season 3, it's also called A New Frontier. The Steam folder of the game also has "(Season 3)". And las

• season 2 was better than season 1 overall,

Mind explaining that because objectively, it can be hard to comprehend?

Dont know if it is super unpopular, but I think playing as Clem in season 2 was great, and season 2 was better than season 1 overall, and I wish Javier wasnt the main character in A New Frontier (people seems pretty 50/50 on this dunno)

• We love Clementine then. :) <3

I understand you. And I hope Clementine stays a, if not the, main focus.

I dont mind playing as Javier, I just prefer Clementine or Lee, I also worry that Telltale is taking this series in the opposite direction t

• Sure!, now before I say anything, realize that I love both games to death, even though I only played them this December, Season 1 was great, season 2 was great, theyre both great!

However, while season 1 had more emotional moments for me, Season 2 did something for me, that I feel like no game has ever done before.

In season 1 right? you were Lee, and your ultimate goal was to protect Clementine, and to that end you would do anything, you wouldnt kill people, because she was watching, you wouldnt steal because she was there. But, when season 2 put me in the shoes of Clementine instead, I dunno, something just changed, I started making decisions that I never thought I would make, I was still being a nice person, but only when it was a possibility, and I wasnt being nearly as optimistic as I was in season 1, because its just a game, it can be easy to just pick "the good options" and be done with it, but I got so immersed into season 2, that I started thinking like a survivor, (this sounds so dumb when writing it out lol), I started distrusting people, I started thinking way more about the choices, and how Clementine would feel about the whole situation after losing Lee an stuff, and I came to the conclusion that she would be alot more survivor oriented than Lee, because she lost so much.

It comes down to the fact that season 2 gave me an experience quite unlike any other, where I got so immersed in the game, that I started thinking like the character, instead of just thinking "for" the character, if that makes sense?

There is also just something about people overcoming odds that are stacked against them that facinates me, such as Clem surviving on her own, with people, Clem growing up so fast because the world requires her to, a similar character that I also enjoyed immensely in a game would be Ellie from The Last of Us, she has alot of the same qualities as Clem, she is a survivor, way too young to be doing what she is doing, she shouldnt have to do things like that, and for a long time Ellie was one of my favorite characters in video games, but Clem have knocked her off that spot, because I really enjoyed seeing her development from scared little girl, to surviving against the odds, to full blown survivor badass in A New Frontier

Lol, I accidentally wrote way more than I meant to

season 2 was better than season 1 overall, Mind explaining that because objectively, it can be hard to comprehend?

• I don't like Eleanor. I don't trust her + she is not a well written character. I can't stand a romance with her and Javier.

• edited January 2017

Okay, I thought that was the most likely answer. I agree that playing as Clementine then was an interesting experience, which is why the shortcomings and odd decisions of the Season, not to mention the New Frontier depiction of her character, irk me so.

Clementine stood out because she was a little girl with strong morals in an environment that's normally action/violence based for adults, so her making decisions like giving Victor water or charging Carver to save Alvin(which I didn't do on my first playthrough, sadly) made her spirit seem especially strong given that she's up against walkers, bandits, tyrants, and even other survivors that don't usually hesitate to antagonize her just because she's a little girl. So, when I started to see things like how characters like the similarly idealistic/ingenue/naive Luke, Sarah, and Arvo were wasted, the comparatively byronic/cynical Kenny and Jane being promoted to an alternative end-all-be-all late in the game, choices for her to start engaging in cold-blooded actions or let her smoke and drink for the fun of it, and the New Frontier redesigning her to be a teenager to further push the idea of her being "edgy" or badass, I couldn't help but feel that she's being getting derailed away from many of the traits that made her special.

Sure!, now before I say anything, realize that I love both games to death, even though I only played them this December, Season 1 was great,

• Lilly is my favorite character. I also don't blame her for killing Carley/Doug, I don't blame Ben either, but I blame Kenny for making Lilly go kind of insane. I love Lilly more than anything <3

• I think the cause is the fact that in Season 1 and 2, she was very much a child, and we "molded" her, to be the person we thought could be survive in a zombie apocalypse, and I feel like some of the character that she used to have has been lost, both due to how radically the changed her look, so she looks older than she actually is, compared with the fact that she just gives off a completely different vibe now, in season 2 she was this little girl, who was actually very competent, and as Carver said, she was a survivor, but she was still very compassionate when the situation allowed, I said in season 2 when they told me to leave that I wanted to watch Carver get killed, but in the end I left anyways, because while Clem definitely changed, I dont think she had the bloodlust that alot of other people had.

I hope we get to see more of the season 2 Clem in A New Frontier, there has been glimpes of her, when she was told that The New Frontier had taken over Richmond, and in the flashbacks with Clem, she has just hidden that side of her really far away, to earn the respect that she had such a hard time getting in season 2, due to her still being a child, so she hides it away to be tough.

I am hoping for some more of the compassionate, but still competent Clem we saw in season 2, and I hope we can get to play as her some point in the future again, maybe in a new game or something

Okay, I thought that was the most likely answer. I agree that playing as Clementine then was an interesting experience, which is why the sho

• Same. In fact, part of the reason I personally agreed with Conrad was in hopes that, now that the cat is out of the bag, her presence among the group now that they're meeting with the New Frontier will offer more opportunities to see that she is still the same person in some fashion than the sketchy portrayal (outside of flashbacks) that she's had so far.

I think the cause is the fact that in Season 1 and 2, she was very much a child, and we "molded" her, to be the person we thought could be s

• Me2

JackTTR posted: »

I like Gabe.

• Eeeh...I can sorta where she's coming from, since Lilly either finally snapped after being stressed out for an extended period of time or shot the wrong person trying to deal with what she perceived as a threat. I still think she shouldn't have been shooting anyone to begin with, but still.

• Hmm, I didnt agree with Conrad, he acted rash and out of line, and it was not possible to talk him out of it, and Clem is still more reliable as an ally than the rest of the group I feel, and I think, by showing her trust and in turn not betraying her trust by taking her in, she might be able to warm up to people, I am sure she will return to Richmond anyways, seeing as there is a very good chance AJ is there, and when she returns, I really want her to trust me

Same. In fact, part of the reason I personally agreed with Conrad was in hopes that, now that the cat is out of the bag, her presence among

Sign in to comment in this discussion.