Who do you think are the most underrated and overrated characters in all of the games?

Comments

• edited February 2017

I think his popularity comes from being a fun little alternative to Carley.

Overrated Doug....thinks he is such hot shit.

• Carver is underrated, and his ideology. Also Carlos. And that cool jacket of Clems, which can heal wounds.

• edited January 2017

I think Becca is underrated and I'm outraged that she isn't an avatar option.
    I guess Lily would be one that I wish got more attention, too. Her emotion when she talks about her dad almost made me tear up, and I hated Larry's guts. But I tried to help Lily just because of that.

As for overrated, I actually don't know if any characters are overrated.
    Telltale writes good characters. They just don't use them that well. I. E. too much (Kenny) or too little (Chuck or Pete)

• I think Becca is underrated and I'm outraged that she isn't an avatar option.

Are any of the 400 Days characters an option?

Telltale writes good characters. They just don't use them that well. I. E. too much (Kenny) or too little (Chuck or Pete)

Agreed. I still maintain that Arvo/the Russians would've been a great/decent character(s) had they actually developed them properly, for example.

Louche posted: »

I think Becca is underrated and I'm outraged that she isn't an avatar option. I guess Lily would be one that I wish got more attention, to

• I think Becca and Shel are the only 400 days characters who don't have an avatar

DabigRG posted: »

I think Becca is underrated and I'm outraged that she isn't an avatar option. Are any of the 400 Days characters an option? Te

• Overrated:
    Nate, Eddie, Wyatt, Christa, Omid, Lilly, Carver, Luke, Jane, Lee, Clem, the St. John's, Molly

Underrated:
    Katjaa, Edith, Sarah, Becca, Shel, The Stranger, Vince

Anyone else I feel like they are either in the middle or I don't care enough about them to judge. I also purposely left out new season 3 characters since it isn't over yet.

• edited January 2017

Overrated
    Kenny (um yeah yikes to the extreme)
    Luke (I liked him at first, but then I realized how boring his character is)
    Clementine (imo, season 1 clem was the best clem)

Underrated
    Sarah (<3)
    Arvo (eh. he's not really as bad as y'all think he is)
    Duck (literally have no idea as to why SO many people found him annoying like?????? tell me)
    Doug (prefer him over carley)
    Katjaa (beautiful)
    Satria (beautiful 2)
    Nick (a realistic character)
    Shel + Becca (idk i really love these two)
    Norma (I actually really liked norma. it's a shame that she's treated as a villain when we basically destroyed everything she worked so hard for : /)
    Lilly (honestly my favorite character out of the entire series)
    Rebecca + Alvin (never really see anyone talk about these two)
    Edith (season 3, why did you destroy her)

• Well, that sucks. Shel definitely deserves that honor over Victor.

Louche posted: »

I think Becca and Shel are the only 400 days characters who don't have an avatar

• Overrated

• Luke (he's a cool guy and I like him, but he gets way too much attention and his death did not faze me at all).
    • Nick

Underrated

• Ben
    • Rebecca
    • Lilly
    • Mark
    • Matthew
  • IMO Season 1 Clem is who's overrated. I liked her well enough, but compared to Seasons 2 & 3 there's not really that much depth to her.

Auruo posted: »

Overrated Kenny (um yeah yikes to the extreme) Luke (I liked him at first, but then I realized how boring his character is) Clementine (i

• edited January 2017

Overrated: Lee

Underrated: Kenny

(yes, this is a joke post)

• That's not surprising given their "alternatives/competition".

Also almost every play through I've seen, people obsess over both of them too.

• Kenny is by far the most overrated character there is.

• Overrated:

• Kenny
    • Luke
    • Nick
    • Javier
    • David

Underrated:

• Sarita
    • Edith
    • Christa
    • Randy
    • Patricia
    • Gill
    • Carlos
  • On these forums, I'm starting to find him underrated...

El chapo posted: »

Kenny is by far the most overrated character there is.

• Hmm, I'm kinda curious, how can you say that Randy and Gill are underrated characters if they literally have no development at all and a determinant 5-minute cameo?

Overrated: * Kenny * Luke * Nick * Javier * David Underrated: * Sarita * Edith * Christa * Randy * Patricia * Gill * Carlos

• Why did you name them and NOT Patricia?

Hmm, I'm kinda curious, how can you say that Randy and Gill are underrated characters if they literally have no development at all and a determinant 5-minute cameo?

• Eh...I wanna say it evens out a bit, but I guess can sorta agree.

• edited February 2017

Overrated:
    1. Carley (there will be a joke)
    2. Rebecca (shes pregnant and...thats about it. I'm missing some characterisation)
    3. Luke (till episode 3 I thought he would be a secret pedophile, which is NOT good in terms of developing a good character)

Underrated:
    1. Doug (get the joke? Still, good guy)
    2. Ben (he may be, well, Ben, but he has interesting character development. And one single awesome scene)
    3. Chuck (hes what my apocalypse partner should be: a bit rough, but caring, friendly and helpful)

• Arvo

lolno

CunningFox posted: »

Overrated: Kenny Carver Pete Carley Underrated: Gabe Alvin Doug Arvo

• I didn't notice that Patricia was in the list, otherwise I would've named her too.

Why did you name them and NOT Patricia?

• CarLeeForeverCarLeeForever Banned
    edited February 2017

Double-post, ignore.

Why did you name them and NOT Patricia?

• Okay, just wanted to make fun of that. "Oh, Randy and Gil are SO ovverated, but dat Patricia? Mm-mm-MMN!" :lol:

I didn't notice that Patricia was in the list, otherwise I would've named her too.

• I personally really do not like him.

On these forums, I'm starting to find him underrated...

• He's psychotic.

Eh...I wanna say it evens out a bit, but I guess can sorta agree.

• edited February 2017

A lof of people here don't.

I respect your opinion btw

I personally really do not like him.

• More like rabid and volatile, but sure.

He's psychotic.

• I find a lot of people really do like him, just players in general too not just people from the forums, I belong to the 15% of people that don't like him and that like Jane, but I believe this choice comes down to people's personalities and how they view his pros and cons, obviously.

i also respect yours.

A lof of people here don't. I respect your opinion btw

• Rabid? Bro he doesn't have rabies how can you suggest he's rabid?

More like rabid and volatile, but sure.

• The fact that he looks like a pitbull gettin ready to bite at times.

Rabid? Bro he doesn't have rabies how can you suggest he's rabid?

• Ahh right, yeah he's an asshole

The fact that he looks like a pitbull gettin ready to bite at times.

• Overrated

Luke, I don't understand why everyone loved him so much. He was annoying and boring.

Nate, creepy as hell

Underrated

Katjaa and Sarita, you think they would be more popular with how popular Kenny is but sadly no. Most of his other fans don't care about them.

Carlos

Alvin

• edited February 2017

Carly. ( She was simply a great character, and I'm sorry that we didn't get to have her around for longer than we did.)

Chuck. - ( In the short time Chuck was apart of the group, he contributed quite a bit with his upbeat spirit, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for Clementine.)

Alvin. - ( He may not have been an assertive type of Man, like Kenny was for example, but when push came to shove, he was definitely a Pillar of Strength.)

Pete - ( I say that because of how short a time he was around in the game. We never really got to see what he could do, or how he could help the group, especially when Kenny was going through his loss of Sarita.

Pete was assertive, yet he was also a calm voice of reason. He wasn't somebody who went off half-cocked, but he thought about the situation, and how best to respond to it, before he made a move.

And in a survival situation, that's how you have to be, you have think about every move that you make before you make it, as it could have lasting repercussions.

By his own admission, Pete was also an expert at reading people. And that is a skill that is invaluable.

• Ah, so just underrrated characters?

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Carly. ( She was simply a great character, and I'm sorry that we didn't get to have her around for longer than we did.) Chuck. - ( In th

• Okay then, let's see how things have changed since the newest episode

Overrated
    Tripp

Underrated
    Kate
    Dr. Lingard
    Joan?

• Underrated:

Nick, Duck, Chuck, Molly, Christa and Doug.

Overrated:

Kenny, Carley, Luke.

• edited April 2017

Overrated

Kenny (um yeah yikes to the extreme)

Disagree to the extreme naturally but obviously he's not underrated either.

Luke (I liked him at first, but then I realized how boring his character is)

Agreed, rubbish Telltale writing.

Clementine (imo, season 1 clem was the best clem)

Agreed.

Underrated

Sarah (<3)

They could have done more with her character definitely.

Arvo (eh. he's not really as bad as y'all think he is)

Yeah it's not like he ganged up on the group with his Russian pals or shot Clementine...oh wait.

Duck (literally have no idea as to why SO many people found him annoying like?????? tell me)

I think it was to do with his voice more than anything else. It was kind of annoying but it's a shame his character couldn't grow into a survivor like Clem.

Doug (prefer him over carley)

He was underrated because he didn't get given the same screen time as Carley in episode 1. That's why more chose her over him.

Katjaa (beautiful)

Was she ever underrated? I agree though.

Satria (beautiful 2)

Yes agree. Sadly she only existed for plot reasons and never had a chance to be worth anything

Nick (a realistic character)

Yep, totally wasted after episode 2. Telltale should be ashamed of his treatment.

Shel + Becca (idk i really love these two)

Wow that's the first time i've seen someone say that. I couldn't stand them though. I'm glad they weren't overrrated or underrated really.

Norma (I actually really liked norma. it's a shame that she's treated as a villain when we basically destroyed everything she worked so hard for : /)

Never played Michonne, never will.

Lilly (honestly my favorite character out of the entire series)

Ah hence the Kenny hate probably? I don't think Lilly was underrated though. A lot of people definitely held her in high regard.

Rebecca + Alvin (never really see anyone talk about these two)

Probably agree. Both characters didn't receive the development they should have had. Again, Telltale's sucky Season 2 writing.

Edith (season 3, why did you destroy her)

Didn't know her for too long but it was shit the way they killed her off.

Auruo posted: »

Overrated Kenny (um yeah yikes to the extreme) Luke (I liked him at first, but then I realized how boring his character is) Clementine (i

• He's overrated because you don't like him? Please share why you think he's overrated. I disagree of course

• A psychotic person doesn't have a conscience, something Kenny had. Also showing remorse for his past actions, something he also did. They also don't just calm down after something psychotic they did

He's psychotic.

• Overrated: Molly, Kenny

Underrated: Gabriel, Arvo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.