DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Okay, now I'm curious who the hell came up with the "ttg knocked me up" tag that spawned this insane discussion on the practicality of baby harvesting.

Also, the resulting tags are...interesting. I particularly like "atlantic ocean is a lie".

Actually, I think "ttg knocked me up" was inspired by "telltale eats babies". And guess who added that one? :D
  • edited March 2010
    Hello everyone. What did I miss?
  • edited March 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Actually, I think "ttg knocked me up" was inspired by "telltale eats babies". And guess who added that one? :D

Oh! Oh! Was it you?
  • edited March 2010
    No do not start again

=)
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Garz wrote: »
    anyway... so on the website of Telletales, the ToMI is already officially out right? so if i bought the item, it will surely be shipped as soon as possible? or need to wait for the month of April then they will ship it?

It will be shipped in Springtime, estimated in April, AND you get the games for download right away! Then you can play the games while you wait for the DVD and all the extras to arrive.
  • edited March 2010
    No do not start again

=)

How can I start again... if I never stopped?
  • edited March 2010
    Hmm, my experiences with shipping seem to be a bit different. More often than not, if we get a package that won't fit in the mailbox, it'll be left to the side of our porch. There are some where a signature is required, but generally we don't get packages that are expensive enough for that.
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Actually, I think "ttg knocked me up" was inspired by "telltale eats babies".

Yeah, I figured.
    And guess who added that one? :D

-facepalm-
  • edited March 2010
    thanks to u guys for all the replies and infos.
    i've already purchase/pre-order the deluxe edition. received an email notice from telletale regarding my order. so now i'll just wait them to deliver it to me. hope to receive the package soon and in good condition :)
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry to appear so dim, but I have here in UK just received email thing all about pre-ordering.

Back in June I forked out about £25 for the 5 monthly episodes, and expect when I go to Tell Tale pre-order site to be able to buy DVD for 'cost of shipping'.

There seems to be no option to buy just DVD-shipping, having alreday paid for DVD etc ..

There seems to be no way to contact Tell Tale site with a query.

My 5 episodes are downloaded via Steam - does this make a difference?

I obviously signed in to Tell Tale site, and there seems to be no option just to buy my shipping to UK for DVD supposedly paid for last July.

I have tried ordering cheapest DVD version, and it wants me to click bindingly for ever on c.$50 price???? Surely I can pay just p&p???

Hoping for your patience/assistance.

Thanks.
  • edited March 2010
    Yep, that makes a huge difference.

Getting the DVD for the cost of shipping only applies, if you'd have bought the games at Telltale's online store.
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry to appear so dim, but I have here in UK just received email thing all about pre-ordering.

Back in June I forked out about £25 for the 5 monthly episodes, and expect when I go to Tell Tale pre-order site to be able to buy DVD for 'cost of shipping'.

There seems to be no option to buy just DVD-shipping, having alreday paid for DVD etc ..

There seems to be no way to contact Tell Tale site with a query.

I obviously signed in to Tell Tale site, and there seems to be no option just to buy my shipping to UK for DVD supposedly paid for last July.

I have tried ordering cheapest DVD version, and it wants me to click bindingly for ever on c.$50 price???? Surely I can pay just p&p???

Hoping for your patience/assistance.

Thanks.

Sorry. You can't get the DVD for free if you bought the games via steam. This is a Telltale only offer.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, it's one of the reasons why we suggest people to get the games (ToMI, S&M3 etc.) here instead of Steam for example.
  • edited March 2010
    I can't help but feel sorry for the guys that bought from steam. I mean, they payed the same amount of money as us, yet they receive none of the bonuses. It must suck.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah.
    But apparenly some people even willingly buy from Steam too, knowing what they will miss out:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15447
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for replying/explaining that I won't get DVD as I bought via Steam.

Being dim, when I accidentally found out about TOMI last July, the Steam route was the one I ignorantly followed on the web to purchase.

As someone with the previous 4 Monkey games on boxed DVDs etc, I shall now await in UK TOMI DVD being available at fair price - eventually!!!

Enjoy your TOMI DVD packages from April ...
  • edited March 2010
    ... I went ahead anyway and ordered TOMI Deluxe DVD etc package (free shipping to UK) for $49.95 ...
  • edited March 2010
    ... I went ahead anyway and ordered TOMI Deluxe DVD etc package (free shipping to UK) for $49.95 ...

Now you can be like the rest of us; sitting around looking at our watches, tapping our fingers and waiting for April to roll around :).
  • edited March 2010
    And you can play ToMI on both PC and Mac if need be.

Remember to order the next one here directly :P
  • edited March 2010
    Since the shop version probably doesn't get all the bonusses the DVD from here got, you made a wise choice ;).

Although it kind of sucks having to buy the same game twice, at full cost probably too...
  • edited March 2010
    I will buy Sam and Max S3 from Steam. Tales is my first purchase from Telltale. I'm waiting the Tales DVD. Lets see if its good. If the bonuses are not good enough for the amount of money they ask for shipping I will never buy directly from Telltale again. Steam is better for me.
  • edited March 2010
    That makes no sense, Zodler.

Steam has digital distribution.
    TellTale has digital distribution.

If you buy from TellTale, you have the option to order the disc. It's not required. But what happens if you buy S&Ms3 from Steam and like in a year you decide you want to have a hardcopy? Too bad. So sad.

Sure, Steam has it's uses, but why on earth would you buy from them instead of directly from the developer when, if you never ordered the physical disc, it wouldn't make a hell of a difference?

EDIT: Oh, I get it. You just want to have a big ass list-o-games on your Steam account.

ANOTHER EDIT: I don't understand what you guys are complaining about "TTG charges alot for shipping." TTG doesn't get money from shipping, the company that ships the package gets that money, and depending on which method you use, they probably charge more or less depending on the weight or volume of the package and/or the distance required to ship it. That's up to the shipping company, not TTG.

Sure, I live in Oklahoma, USA and it cost me $7.60 to ship ToMI Deluxe, but then it only cost $5.66 to ship Sam&Max Season 1 because I only got the disc in a keep case, not the extra stuff I bought with ToMI. Besides, it's not breaking the bank. Shipping stuff is expensive, idk why ppl gotta hate on TTG for it.
  • edited March 2010
    I think Steam is more reliable than a physical DVD. I know I will have my game whenever I want it. My Steam version will be safer than the physical DVD. I will "always" have it.
  • edited March 2010
    The same goes for when you buy directly from Telltale though.
  • edited March 2010
    I bought from telltale but i think steam is good coz you will always get the updates (if there is any) easily.
  • edited March 2010
    The same goes for when you buy directly from Telltale though.
    Steam I think is more reliable than Telltale in network support and yes you get the updates and it's easier to install a game with Steam.

When you use Steam, you can install Steam and all your games in a seperate hard drive D: for me which is not my windows drive. When you have to do a clean windows install, you wont lose your games and dont need to reinstall 50 GB of games for example.

Also with steam the Telltale save files are done in the same directory as the game and they are well protected and convenient.
  • edited March 2010
    You've lost me on how you can't do all that with a digital download from Telltale.

edit: I still think that the reason why you like buyng from Steam is so you can add to your list of games there and get a good feeling from having them all in one place online if you want to redownload. There's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer to directly support Telltale.
  • edited March 2010
    The one most important advantage for me is that I don't have to re-install the games if anything happens to windows. The Steam games are separate.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't see how importing expensive dead baby meat is any more cost effective than importing cheap dead cow meat from more or less the same place. No wonder your city's so badly mismanaged.

OK... I haven't read the stuff that comes before this. Anyone care to summarise?
  • edited March 2010
    ??...

Surely you would have to redownload the game files and such if you reformatted. It's not as though the game is installed on the web and it streams to your computer. I don't understand how that doesn't equal reinstalling, since downloading the game is what takes the most time. Surely you can't expect to play SMI:SE, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Psychonauts or Dragon Age: Origins without redownloading stuff after formatting your HDD.

OK... I haven't read the stuff that comes before this. Anyone care to summarise?

Look at the tags at the bottom of the page.
  • edited March 2010
    Surely you would have to redownload the game files and such if you reformatted.
    No I don't have to re-download. Re-downloading is terrible and slow enough. I'm saying that I don't even have to re-install! That's the great part about Steam. How does that work? Here it is:

Steam keeps the game in a folder (steamapps). As long as you have this folder safe, you don't need to re-install your games. So as I said I have this folder on drive D:. So I can reformat drive c: hundred of times with no need to re-install, let alone re-download! :o
  • edited March 2010
    Ah... nice.

Chyron8472 wrote: »
    On a different topic, it occurs to me that ToMI downloads and SMI:SE were announced at about the same time, and now it seems that ToMI DVD's and MI2LR:SE are also announced at the same time.

Is it me or does it seem like, in both cases, TellTale is determined not to have the release of the SE games or ToMI overshadow each other?

I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing it out.
  • edited March 2010
    Okay... inform me.

What, exactly, is preventing you from installing the files you downloaded from TTG on another drive but C:/?
    And modifying my documents to no longer use the C:/ drive if you really want to format 100x?

EDIT: Let's pull out the old comparison again.
    * Same price (that is, unless you're european, like I am, then you pay 8 euro or so more on Steam apparently)
    * No DVD vs. Free DVD plus shipping
    * Steam DRM vs. the more unannoying TTG DRM
    * Released later vs. released sooner
    * No extra's vs. exclusive forum, free episode, poster price contest
    * Valve takes a chunk vs. TTG gets all to make more great games

You're probably American (otherwise you definitely would pick TTG for the reduced costs) so:
    * Doesn't matter, your American.
    * You don't care about the DVD shipping. Even though it's not *that* much, since you're an American.
    * You got Steam running 24/7 anyways, so no issue. Fair enough.
    * You prefer to download games 1 hour faster... 36 hours later. Surely that makes sense somewhere that I not live though.
    * Who needs free stuff anyway? Or an actual chance to put some of yourself in the game (as apparently was done in the ToMI private pirates club).
    * You don't care due to USPS. Because it's not a completely unrelated company to TTG or Valve in any way.

Am I right?
  • edited March 2010
    What, exactly, is preventing you from installing the files you downloaded from TTG on another drive but C:/?
    Windows Registry. The TTG installation files are exe files. So imagine you install the game on D: and you reformat C. You still have to re-install the TTG files.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not sure about that. I just copied Chapter 4 of ToMI to a different folder, and then ran the uninstall from the original folder and then renamed the folder what was left.

Then I renamed the only two seemingly significant registry keys for the TTG games, "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Telltale Games" and "HKCU\Software\Telltale Games", then ran ToMI Chapter 4 from the copied-to folder (without having renamed it back) and it ran fine.

As far as can tell, the keys/strings for their games only keep track of resolution values and Hint frequency and such. If they do more so, either it doesn't matter or they get replaced when you run the game again. I didn't even have to re-unlock it.
  • edited March 2010
    Steam and it's games get logged in the registry as well. So; I don't see much of a difference.
  • edited March 2010
    OK I admit I made the TTG knocked me up tag... but it was only because other people where making wild and crazy accusations towards TTG and I felt left out and wanted to fit in with all the cool kids.
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    OK I admit I made the TTG knocked me up tag... but it was only because other people where making wild and crazy accusations towards TTG and I felt left out and wanted to fit in with all the cool kids.

I admit I made the sailorcuteness was ear tag
  • edited March 2010
    I admit I made the atlantic ocean is a lie tag... okay, I didn't, but it was only because other people were claiming responsibility for tags and I felt left out and wanted to fit in with all the cool kids.
  • edited March 2010
    I won't be ordering it.
    Shipping to uk is far too expensive and I'm not about to order a whole lot of things that I don't want in order to get "free" shipping.
    Anyway I've played the game so I don't need it to be sitting on my shelf gathering dust.
    ( not even for slip cover art that I'm too old to get excited about):D
  • edited March 2010
    I admit I made the atlantic ocean is a lie tag... okay, I didn't, but it was only because other people were claiming responsibility for tags and I felt left out and wanted to fit in with all the cool kids.
    You were better off taking another tag, since I already mentioned a few pages back I added that one. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.