Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• He can never be 100% sure.

AdamRoberts posted: »

What can that mean? Release date will be revealed? We already know its 25 april. (job said ep4 is this month. Last tuesday is 25)

• It's so fucking adorable.

• Just got done playing the episode (great episode overall), and as much as I hate to say it, you are completely right. Guardians had pretty much everything we asked to be in ANF, but never got. The episode was almost 2 hours long for me, there was actual character development, the choices were good, some hard to make, we had areas we could explore, hubs that led to really good conversations with the other characters, and what looks to be a really compelling story. Where was all that in ANF? Nowhere. This proves two things:

1. More does not always mean better. GOTG had a total of 3 writers (Nicole Martinez, Zack Keller, and Timothy Williams). ANF has ranged between 6-8 writers per episode, with even more additional writers. Maybe Telltale has finally come to understand the Law of Diminishing Returns.
    2. Telltale put WAY more effort into GOTG then into their main series, the one that put them on the map. Now don't get me wrong, it's good to see GOTG have a team of dedicated and hard working people behind it, I just wish that same effort was put into TWD.
    AronDracula posted: »

I watched GOTG playthrough on youtube and guess what? It features content that we have been asking FOR YEARS to be in ANF.

• What does my comment have anything to do with Guardians of the Galaxy?

I'd rather play that instead of Garbages of the Galaxy. I loved the movie but I hate that game.

• Yes, I don't actually hate Telltale's GOTG, I just hate that Telltale gives it more content than TWD and has better writers. But I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like the story. Also, I hate to say it but I disliked Scott Porter's performance as Star-Lord, it just doesn't match the character, not after watching the movie and I know this game isn't connected to MCU. \

Telltale is horrible to TWD fanbase but Marvel and DC ones.

Just got done playing the episode (great episode overall), and as much as I hate to say it, you are completely right. Guardians had pretty m

• Nothing. Just worth mentioning it.

AgentZ46 posted: »

What does my comment have anything to do with Guardians of the Galaxy?

• Yes, I don't actually hate Telltale's GOTG

Not to be rude or anything, but right below me, you called it Garbages of the Galaxy and said "I loved the movie, but I hate that game." You also gave it a 4/10 on the impressions thread. I thought Scott was fine, I prefer Chris Pratt, but I don't think he did a bad job. I will also say that Nolan North fit EXTREMELY well for Rocket Racoon, I thought he gave the best performance.

Yes, I don't actually hate Telltale's GOTG, I just hate that Telltale gives it more content than TWD and has better writers. But I feel like

• edited April 2017

God, I'm an idiot.

EDIT: Also, I never said something about Rocket or Nolan North. He easily did the best performance because he is Nathan Drake, Penguin and Deadpool.

Yes, I don't actually hate Telltale's GOTG Not to be rude or anything, but right below me, you called it Garbages of the Galaxy and

• On the bright side, episode 4 of anf might take after

I watched GOTG playthrough on youtube and guess what? It features content that we have been asking FOR YEARS to be in ANF.

• I know, I was just adding that because I thought his performance was standout.

God, I'm an idiot. EDIT: Also, I never said something about Rocket or Nolan North. He easily did the best performance because he is Nathan Drake, Penguin and Deadpool.

• So cute... it looks like my cat... i saw her being murdered yesterday and now I'm sad.

• Most likely release date with a teaser. I'm not sure if it'll release this month, however Jobs did say they wanted this episode out in April.

AdamRoberts posted: »

What can that mean? Release date will be revealed? We already know its 25 april. (job said ep4 is this month. Last tuesday is 25)

• Unfortunately, Marvel and DC fanbases are way too much bigger than the TWD fanbase.

If they don't respect TWD fanbase but DC and Marvel fanbases which are a pain in the ass, they can kiss my Romanian ass.

• I believe that Marvel-Disney strictly supervised the development of GOTG. If I am not wrong VOL2 is coming this Autumn and they wouldn't like a mediocre game to act as a bridge between 1&2.

Anyway, with the TV show going downhill it was the best move to invest more in the GOTG, rather than ANF.

So... It seems like that TTG is still a relative small company, since they cannot handle 2 huge projects at the same time and they chose to neglect ANF for GOTG.

Just got done playing the episode (great episode overall), and as much as I hate to say it, you are completely right. Guardians had pretty m

• The TV show has nothing to do with TWD, the game is based on the comics, not the show.

I believe that Marvel-Disney strictly supervised the development of GOTG. If I am not wrong VOL2 is coming this Autumn and they wouldn't li

• I know. But still, same franchise.

The TV show has nothing to do with TWD, the game is based on the comics, not the show.

• GOTG literally costs £10 ($12.70) less in the PlayStation store in the U.K. than ANF at launch and it's supposedly far longer, has more hubs, better pacing, much more original music scores etc...

I'm genuinely depressed. For some reason I really wanted GOTG to flop as bad as ANF, maybe then they'd wise up and put more effort into TWD instead of putting out 2 titles at once only to half ass one of them.

If ANF had all the properties of GOTG, and GOTG sucked as bad as ANF then I wouldn't have a problem.

• Big difference here is that alot of those fanbases will never even touch a Telltale game, but Telltale already have a big fanbase for their Walking Dead games

Unfortunately, Marvel and DC fanbases are way too much bigger than the TWD fanbase.

• Well, shit.

So cute... it looks like my cat... i saw her being murdered yesterday and now I'm sad.

• I think ANF would've ended up the same way regardless since each game has assigned teams. From what I've seen on forums and YouTube GOTG has not been that we'll received by most.

ZombiePizza posted: »

GOTG literally costs £10 ($12.70) less in the PlayStation store in the U.K. than ANF at launch and it's supposedly far longer, has more hubs

• I feel these forums have gone downhill and filled with negativity after the release of ANF. People are also hating on guardians just because ANF didn't get these certain things but I think it fits ANF without some of these features.

• I always find myself asking these questions when playing other telltale games.

So Guardians has... * proper hubs with gameplay and actual conversations. * more than one hub. * 90+ minute episodes. * next time on

• edited April 2017

Hey mostlypoptarts are you around), if you are could you tell us the name of the song that was in Episode 4 Trailer after publication , it's really awesome by the way)

• The trailer is out?

HAOSov posted: »

Hey mostlypoptarts are you around), if you are could you tell us the name of the song that was in Episode 4 Trailer after publication , it's really awesome by the way)

• I Think they mean WHEN it comes out.

DabigRG posted: »

The trailer is out?

• Yea, my mistake, sorry. WHEN ofc.

I Think they mean WHEN it comes out.

• edited April 2017

I really wanted GOTG to flop as bad as ANF

Okay, so this community has reached its breaking point. Good to know.

ZombiePizza posted: »

GOTG literally costs £10 ($12.70) less in the PlayStation store in the U.K. than ANF at launch and it's supposedly far longer, has more hubs

• lol I was getting excited for a second there.

HAOSov posted: »

Yea, my mistake, sorry. WHEN ofc.

• Aww. This little guy is getting more attention then ANF!

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited April 2017

If the writers call a story they wrote a sequel to a story they previously wrote, then it's a sequel.

Telltale is completely wrong. Just because they call it Season 3, doesn't mean it's Season 3. Season 3 means a continuation, not a fucking reboot or some shit.

• As I stated, some healthy criticisms and a failed game might make TTG reconsider what they are doing and stop spreading themselves too thin and perhaps question themselves as to why TWD season 1 and TWAU was so successful and try harder to mimic their former success.

I'm not being cynical or spiteful here...though it apparently comes across that way to you. I'm just disappointed in the fact that TTG are putting unequal amounts of effort into their games. I actually quite enjoy ANF but I do agree with a lot of what the fellow forum members claim to have a problem with.

I really wanted GOTG to flop as bad as ANF Okay, so this community has reached its breaking point. Good to know.

• your trying to implicate laws when the world has gone to ruins...

wat

Jimayo posted: »

Legally not. Not living together for 5 years definitely qualifies as a legal separation.

• People are complaining about the negativity around here, but as someone who hated telltale after s2 of twdg, I'm glad more people are waking up and finally realizing how awful they are now.

• Well they did make the game so it is what they say it is, not what the fans want it to be.

Telltale is completely wrong. Just because they call it Season 3, doesn't mean it's Season 3. Season 3 means a continuation, not a fucking reboot or some shit.

• Sequels don't actually mean a continuation. A sequel means an installment that take place AFTER the events of the previous installments.

Yellowsno posted: »

If the writers call a story they wrote a sequel to a story they previously wrote, then it's a sequel.

• They should be ashamed.

Melton23 posted: »

Well they did make the game so it is what they say it is, not what the fans want it to be.

• Sooner.

Soon...

stephanber4 posted: »

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/854090815693438976

• Uh... Volume 2 is coming early May. May 5th, I think.

I believe that Marvel-Disney strictly supervised the development of GOTG. If I am not wrong VOL2 is coming this Autumn and they wouldn't li

• edited April 2017

ANF does have some issues and to be quite frank I only really enjoyed Ep 3. But I trust that Telltale will come through in the end, as it always does.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.