Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Oh, I didnt realize, thanks for reminding :)

Nah there's only a day left, you can wait without spoilers.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I just removed some spoiler related spam as they where kind of derailing the thread, please refrain from discussing spoilers or leaks as there is only around 2 days left until release and i'm sure most of you can hand on :).

Posting spoilers or leaks before the release will result in a time out.

• I've honestly lost all interest in the series. They didn't take any of the criticisms to heart at all, and I can't get myself even excited for the release. I don't know how telltale has managed to drop the ball so hard with these last few games, but I'm really becoming pessimistic as a customer. I've bought every single game since S1 walking dead, and this just been such a disappointment

• But wouldn't you guys want it?
    Wouldn't you like to see some familiar faces and then maybe only Clem recognizes them so that wouldn't really matter right they can do something like what they did with Kenny in season 2 episode 2?
    Honestly, I would love to see a known character since I think that seasons 1 & 2 are so far apart from season 3 as in total new people and actually another focus. The focus is no longer survival but something like justice.

So I would love to see them in the next episode.

Absolutely not, all these new players they brought in would have no idea who they are.

• See, most people think that the Walking Dead Season 1 was TellTale's highlight. And that is probably true. So don't blame them for giving you disappointments because they aren't making bad things on purpose, they can just never live up to Season 1. That's also sad for them you see, they keep trying. I think it's just cruel to hate on TellTale so much just because they made something amazing years ago.

I've honestly lost all interest in the series. They didn't take any of the criticisms to heart at all, and I can't get myself even excited f

• I... I agree

Oh ffs that happens in many games...stop nitpicking shit. Hell remember the launch of The Last of US? Game killing glitches...maps would not fully load....how many times did people fall through the landscape?

• It takes a badass to get stabbed but still fight somebody with the knife sticking out of your shoulder. Javi 4 life, si si?

Davissons posted: »

Wait... Javi gets stabbed... Also, might be a reused model but that looks like Clem's knife.

• They need to find new voice actors, work on a new engine, design animations and character models stuff like that. So it should take a year at least.

Bonbon80 posted: »

I demand them to release season 4 in septembre since they made us wait for 3 years to develop the new frontier.

• That rope looked thin enough to shoot through imo. Maybe there could be a rifle with only 1 bullet and you have the choice to either save David or take out Joan or something like that, while Ava sets off explosions to distract the new frontier so David can escape.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I actually imagined something similar. I imagined Joan kicking the chair then Javi running desperately to David before he dies.

• I agree

twdxoxotwau posted: »

See, most people think that the Walking Dead Season 1 was TellTale's highlight. And that is probably true. So don't blame them for giving yo

• Telltale has already confirmed that no other characters will be introduced in episodes 4 and 5, that includes reintroductions of previous characters. And because Telltale wanted to appeal to newcomers, they can't bring back these old characters because it could potentially spoil previous events.

And frankly, no, I don't want any returning characters, it was damn near impossible for Kenny and Clem to reunite, it was damn near impossible for Javi and David to reunite, Telltale are already pushing the boundaries of realism with these improbable reunions. Telltale needs to bring in new characters for us to get attached to, not continuously rely on the past.

But wouldn't you guys want it? Wouldn't you like to see some familiar faces and then maybe only Clem recognizes them so that wouldn't real

• I can sympathize with that to an extent. Most of my gripes actually come from the direction they've actively chosen to go though. When I think of the earlier games, I think of a more emotional impact and connection with characters and the story as a whole. With these new games, they've cut down the episode length considerably in almost all cases, removed almost all the hubs of character interaction almost completely, far less exploration and puzzles, and even the choices of dialogue seem to be cut. Guardians of the galaxy is actually pretty promising in this regard, since it seems to address some of these issues (although not length which also sort of put me in this pessimistic mood). Basically by removing or cutting all these things, you're left with less attachment to the characters, and less attachment to the story itself. I feel like it's all such a profoundly backwards direction for a company made with story in mind. If Guardians turns out to be good I might change my tune a bit, but as it stands I feel like it might actually be my last telltale purchase

See, most people think that the Walking Dead Season 1 was TellTale's highlight. And that is probably true. So don't blame them for giving yo

• I have been looking for spoilers all day, have not seen one.

Why do you think that

• I saw a link shrug

I have been looking for spoilers all day, have not seen one.

• edited April 2017

Bullshit, people keep on saying that the choices for episode 4 have been leaked. Your just spreading stupid rumours around.

I...wouldn't be so quick to boastfully dismiss claims. Just because you didn't see a spoiler on a forum that's not allowed to have them until the episode comes out doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'm gonna try to make this sound as least condescending and patronizing as possible:

You have no clue how wrong you are.

• You're really not looking in the right place lol.

• edited April 2017

enter image description here

Clem???

Also

• Could it at least be moved to a separate thread? This is money I could use to order food at work, I'm ok with spoilers as long as I choose to view them lol

OzzyUK posted: »

I just removed some spoiler related spam as they where kind of derailing the thread, please refrain from discussing spoilers or leaks as the

• Ahhh... cool.

Clem??? Also

• Where did they get leaked?

yep

• They can at least try. Most people are disappointed in the dumbed down, shorter and less interactive nature of ANF, from what I've seen. You can throw in Clementines pointless arc and the shameless way they marketed this as a sequel, but at its core the game has fallen off sharply from what it was in the first two seasons.

• People have played the episode and their are spoilers around. I was told all of the leaks

Where did they get leaked?

• Can you message spoilers to me?

People have played the episode and their are spoilers around. I was told all of the leaks

• Again? How is it so hard to not accidentally release things? Seriously

yep

• Oooh my god. I just watched the trailer. I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's coming out just tomorrow, can't wait.
    So, there's going to be a war? Looks that way.

I wonder if David's execution is determinant?
    Also, I noticed both Conrad and Max aren't in the trailer.

• edited April 2017

"Hey Sean Vanaman, how's it going?"

"It's going good, Campo Santo has a long way to go but we're looking forward to it."

"Good."

"Is Walking Dead going good?"

"Uh....it's going..."

"It's okay...I don't think it's worth complaining about for eternity."

• It's actually going to be about two days.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oooh my god. I just watched the trailer. I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's coming out just tomorrow, can't wait. So, there's going to be a war? Looks

• Neh the new writers are just terrible.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

As we are so close to release we are not going to allow any early spoiler discussion but i guess someone might be able to tell you in private.

Could it at least be moved to a separate thread? This is money I could use to order food at work, I'm ok with spoilers as long as I choose to view them lol

• Didn't know that. Thank you for not banning me.

OzzyUK posted: »

As we are so close to release we are not going to allow any early spoiler discussion but i guess someone might be able to tell you in private.

• I agree with you, man. I have played all Telltale Games, however, there is no excitement anymore in this game. I miss season 1 and 2 of twd.

I've honestly lost all interest in the series. They didn't take any of the criticisms to heart at all, and I can't get myself even excited f

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2017

I don't think it's worth complaining about for eternity

Unfortunately, this forum has yet to learn this part

J-Master posted: »

"Hey Sean Vanaman, how's it going?" "It's going good, Campo Santo has a long way to go but we're looking forward to it." "Good." "I

• there's going to be a war?

I have a feeling that might be held until the next episode. Something in Episode 4 here might be the thing that triggers it.
    But it still looks like an intense episode! :)

Acheive250 posted: »

Oooh my god. I just watched the trailer. I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's coming out just tomorrow, can't wait. So, there's going to be a war? Looks

• enter image description here

Deltino posted: »

I don't think it's worth complaining about for eternity Unfortunately, this forum has yet to learn this part

• Makes you wonder if episode 5 will end on a cliffhanger or if they'll end the conflict in the very episode that it really starts. I love all of Telltale's villains (except the stranger) but I have to admit I wish they'd stick around for longer and really build a rivalry with the main cast. Look at the stranger, he has literally one scene.

AChicken posted: »

there's going to be a war? I have a feeling that might be held until the next episode. Something in Episode 4 here might be the thing that triggers it. But it still looks like an intense episode!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.