Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Oh yeah, I do remember seeing this somewhere on tumblr. I'm trying to recall if I shared it here or not.

Anything, thanks! :smile:

Fangirl101 posted: »

There you go, love.

• Despite the known issues with the flashbacks, I started crying really hard when the car crashed and I saw that Kenny wasn't in his seat. Most emotional moment of the entire ANF.

• She didn't have a gun to use how could she "put that knowledge to use" of she didn't have a gun use an air gun for example

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Clem tried to teach Sarah how to shoot with a gun, but did she even put that knowledge to use? No. Besides, she was being raised like tha

• She didn't have a gun to use how could she "put that knowledge to use" of she didn't have a gun use an air gun for example

Clem tried to teach Sarah how to shoot with a gun, but did she even put that knowledge to use? No. Besides, she was being raised like tha

• Yup, it's on tumblr. Do you go there often?

And no problem! :)

DabigRG posted: »

Oh yeah, I do remember seeing this somewhere on tumblr. I'm trying to recall if I shared it here or not. Anything, thanks!

• true

Despite the known issues with the flashbacks, I started crying really hard when the car crashed and I saw that Kenny wasn't in his seat. Most emotional moment of the entire ANF.

• OMG, don't make me cry. I will never EVER forgive Telltale. How can someone still support them after ANF?

There you go, love.

• Jane was right about one thing; she wouldn't have made it in this world.

Fuck Jane

• I do hate her, though. She somewhat had good intentions at heart, though, but the execution was pretty much horrible, which justifies the hate towards her, in my opinion.

AronDracula posted: »

Jane was right about one thing; she wouldn't have made it in this world. Fuck Jane

• Not really. I think I just looking for modelswap stuff or something that day for the Meme thread when I saw that.

Yup, it's on tumblr. Do you go there often? And no problem!

• Hell, how can someone still support them after Season 2.5?

OMG, don't make me cry. I will never EVER forgive Telltale. How can someone still support them after ANF?

• Ah, I see.

Not really. I think I just looking for modelswap stuff or something that day for the Meme thread when I saw that.

• The fucked up thing about that is that, through what I can't help but think was intentionally subtle setup that went unused, she did. It just wasn't given to her in the moment due to the bias/spite against her character or confusing laziness in animating/rigging certain things.

She didn't have a gun to use how could she "put that knowledge to use" of she didn't have a gun use an air gun for example

• Their real last good game they have made is Tales from the Borderlands.

Hell, how can someone still support them after Season 2.5?

• Huh. Too bad their only other games I recall playing are the Lego Star Wars games, so any other non-TWDG thing is a mystery to me.

Their real last good game they have made is Tales from the Borderlands.

• Wait, are they the ones who made Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga?

Huh. Too bad their only other games I recall playing are the Lego Star Wars games, so any other non-TWDG thing is a mystery to me.

• And he's still willing to leave Lee to die for not helping him murder Larry, even after Lee single handedly saves Katjaa and Duck about 5 minutes later.

cleminist posted: »

Kenny was kind of an asshole if you think about it lol. In season 1 if you didnt agree with EVERYTHING he said, he'd tell u to look for clem

• edited June 2017

I am sorry for causing feels! I hate her deaths, too. We didn't even have the choice put her out of her misery...

OMG, don't make me cry. I will never EVER forgive Telltale. How can someone still support them after ANF?

• I don't know for sure on that one, but I'm pretty sure that was they're logo on those games.

Wait, are they the ones who made Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga?

• edited June 2017

She never put that knowledge to use because Telltale never gave her the chance to. They just wanted to kill off another kid character while hiding behind the excuse of "she was too far gone and would never change" that Jane kept parroting.

• This.

Part of what makes her canon death so infuriatingly contrived and disappointingly cynical was that it was literally the perfect time to capitalize on all that interaction and development with her and it ends being that much more of a cop out because of that.

Lahkesis posted: »

She never put that knowledge to use because Telltale never gave her the chance to. They just wanted to kill off another kid character while hiding behind the excuse of "she was too far gone and would never change" that Jane kept parroting.

• These games have a nasty habit of putting too much importance/appeal into one character during they're iconic "Pizza or Ice Cream" style gameplay choices.

• Always pizza

These games have a nasty habit of putting too much importance/appeal into one character during they're iconic "Pizza or Ice Cream" style gameplay choices.

• Yeah, obviously, but kinda proves my point.

Always pizza

• This might prove contestable, but I've occasionally had the thought that Nick isn't a matter of wasted potential so much as wasted effort.

• Even if she had a gun, think she would have used it ? You think she would have actually had it in her to be able to focus on the danger at hand and save herself or others? It's wishful thinking, and I wish she did too, but that's now who she is. Even if she had a gun from the time they left Howe's, when Carlos died, you think she would have done anything with the gun? She couldn't even move when 10 walkers were surrounding her. It would have been just as bad of writing for her to randomly have her character do a 180 and magically become competent, just as bad as her useless death scene on the observation deck.

She's not mature enough to handle the pressure. They even make a distinction of her mental age gap the first time you can speak with Sarah when you're finding supplies for your arm. Even when you play season 1, yes, Clementine makes bad decisions and is relatively incompetent, but she actually takes everything Lee says and tries to put it into action or relate it to the right sequence of events. With Sarah, she's like "Oh cool" and that's pretty much the extent of it. Clementine, although more mature, could have died plenty of times during season 1. In all honesty, a lot of Clementine's survival was based on luck..Kids are not supposed to be successful in the apocalypse. There aren't many who make the right choices, and rightfully so....it would be unrealistic for so many kids to survive. Just look at Gabe, he's on the other end of incompetent. And he dies too.

She didn't have the emotional balance for such a horrible world. We tried to take care of her, protect her, teach her survival skills, do things for her, but she never shows even hints that she would be able to make a turn around. I am not saying that leaving her behind is the right choice, and I definitely don't believe in Jane's philosophy. But like I said, her surviving is a fairy tale ending, and this is the walking dead... In my opinion, it is complete wishful thinking to imagine she'd be able to survive alongside Clementine.

actually no if Sarah stayed alive she could've learned from clem even if clem is younger so what I tutor 17 years old

• edited June 2017

gabe shouldn't have been a determinant character. if richmond is presumed to be the place clem brings aj back to and will be her home, i think at least javi and gabe should've survived, just for the sake of clem being able to keep one friend alive and maybe see their relationship develop more, whereas it's up to you whether you want it to be platonic or something more.

also, telltale could develop him more and we can watch him grow up along with clem, but since he is determinant, we most likely won't see him again or he'll appear at the end of a season with no lines.

• edited June 2017

Agreed. Though Gabentine should've also stayed an unnecessarily overblown joke.

gabe shouldn't have been a determinant character. if richmond is presumed to be the place clem brings aj back to and will be her home, i thi

• I agree

This might prove contestable, but I've occasionally had the thought that Nick isn't a matter of wasted potential so much as wasted effort.

• ALL characters in ANF are either trash,wasted or just revolting and unlikable and I mean EVERY one of them.

• A New Frontier should have been cancelled.

• edited June 2017

i agree. i can understand why they would have crushes on each other since they're the same age and the only people they have that are their own age, but i can also see them getting over those crushes just as quickly and just being good friends.

Agreed. Though Gabentine should've also stayed an unnecessarily overblown joke.

• That relationship is fucking unrealistic.

i agree. i can understand why they would have crushes on each other since they're the same age and the only people they have that are their own age, but i can also see them getting over those crushes just as quickly and just being good friends.

• Michonne is the best the Walking Dead Season with Season 1. And that's just a spin-off.

All seasons and spin-offs introduced likable new characters, with exception of season 2 outside of Carver.

David is one of the villains of season 3. He's really dangerous towards people he considers his family.

• All seasons and spin-offs introduced likable new characters, with exception of season 2 outside of Carver.

...What?

Clord posted: »

Michonne is the best the Walking Dead Season with Season 1. And that's just a spin-off. All seasons and spin-offs introduced likable new

• Weird point to dig up, but I kinda wished Gabe was at most 12 when he was introduced.

• In the flashback?

Weird point to dig up, but I kinda wished Gabe was at most 12 when he was introduced.

• I think Carver is a great villain, which makes him great fictional character.

All seasons and spin-offs introduced likable new characters, with exception of season 2 outside of Carver. ...What?

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

I liked Kate. I guess I am in a hell of a minority :D

• edited June 2017

I don't hate Eleanor. I was nice to her in Episode 5 and forgave her.
    Telltale fucked her character over. Also, the betrayal was poorly done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.