Scrapped and unused audio, dialogue, animations, scenes, etc...

Can people post all of the scrapped stuff from Season 1, Season 2 and Michonne Mini-Series only, thankyou.

Comments

• edited August 2017

It would take a really long time to compile. If you're really interested about some of the stuff that didn't make it into Season 1 you should read this: https://tcrf.net/The_Walking_Dead_(Windows)

• edited November 2018

Here's some stuff off the top of my head:

Season 1

• Doug was supposed to help Lee trap B(his brother) under the telephone pole, rather than him simply being caught under it already.
    • Lee was supposed to have a nightmare where Doug/Carley torments him about not saving them and killing Sam, who may or may not be the name of his wife(who was stated to be in Virginia in the final product) or the governor(suggesting he knew him personally).
    • Mr. David Parker(Ben's Band Teacher) was supposed to be captured by the St. Johns if you didn't cut him free in time and would be the one on their upstairs bathroom floor missing his legs. Mark would then be left behind in the escape from the Motor Inn in the next episodearrow'd in the eye when the bandits ambush him and Lee outside the fence.
    • Dr. Logan was originally supposed to have helped Anna Correa escape from Crawford so she can have her baby. This concept may have later been intentionally recycled for Carlos and Rebecca in Season 2.
    • Also Molly's dad was originally the one who killed Oberson.
    • Not sure where this comes from, but Molly was apparently gonna kill herself.
    • Lee and whoever accompanied him after he's bitten were supposed to actually travel the whole way to Vernon's hideout.
    • Kenny was indeed supposed to be killed saving Ben/Christa, but someone decided to delete the appropriate voice clips for obvious reasons.
    • Lilly was supposed to show up in the RV in Episode 5, possibly to help rescue Clementine(and Lee?).

Season 2

• Clementine wasn't always gonna be the playable character, as Telltale apparently toyed with the idea of there being multiple characters before settling on promoting her.
    • Sean Vanaman came up with some of the original concepts for the story and even wrote an early script for All That Remains before he left, volunteering his friend Nick Breckon to be the head writer in his steed. According to him, only two scenes remained relatively the same in the final product.
    • While I don't know which one actually came up with the idea, Kenny was supposed to return as "Carver" in the earlier scripts, with Gavin Hammon being informed of such when he was first contacted for the Season. This was eventually changed at some point to make Carver an original character and Kenny was eventually included in the story in a different manner.
    • Luke was originally envisioned as "Clementine's Clementine" and was later made a big brother figure; these two roles were (possibly intentionally) reassigned to Sarah and later Jane, respectively. He also originally had Nick's hat but this was swapped for his hair when Kenny was recast because they didn't want all three of the Secondary Color Trio to be wearing hats.
    • Winston of the North Carolina Scavengers was supposed to fall in the river with Clementine, possibly to act as a more straightforward Big Bad for the episode.
    • Sam was supposed to steal Clementine's hat at one point, forcing her to chase him to retrieve it. He would also have been shown eating a rabbit corpse filled with maggots.
    • Johnny, Carver's minion who Kenny kills at the Lodge, was originally designed as a fourth North Carolina Scavenger.
    • Alvin was supposed to have another scene with Clementine at the end of the first episode where they went fishing alongside Luke and the Randalls, which would lead to a fourway final choice of which pair Clementine wants to go with when lurkers attack them. The promo art for episode 2 was based on this choice.
    • Troy was originally designed to be Carver himself, hence his appearance in the next time segment, but this was changed when Micheal Madsen was cast. Another model resembling actor John Hawkes was made before it was decided that he was too thin and thus the final model was made. Troy was kept around as a minion of Carver and was also toned down from being a far more threatening (and politically incorrect) character, likely to not overshadow Carver himself.
    • Pete was supposed to be brought back to the Cabin by Clementine if she went with him, where she (and Sarah?) would watch over him and struggle not to reveal his bite to the others. He would then sacrifice himself to by the Group time when Carver(who was originally gonna be more mysterious initially) sends his entourage to attack them.
    • Mostly conjecture here, but it's inferrable that Carlos was likely intended to have Kenny's role throughout the story, given his foreshadowed issues with aggression, his different ideology from Luke, and the bitter rivalry he and Carver seemed to have. This was changed when Kenny himself was recast into the story as a separate character from Carver, causing Carlos himself to be offscreen for much of his final appearance before being killed off.
    • There are numerous signs that Sarah was originally intended to play a much more prominent role during In Harm's Way, possibly tying into the mystery surrounding Carlos's foreshadowed backstory and character arc. However, due to numerous rewrites, she was somewhat downplayed in the final version. It is also very likely that Sarita was created/designed specifically to take some of her intended scenes when Kenny replaced Carlos.
    • Mike was originally intended to be revealed as having been "Ralph" of the North Carolina Scavengers when his voice actor Dan White auditioned for the role, his damaged ear was supposed to have being the result of Victor accidentally shooting him due to Christa fighting back offscreen. He would then have to convince the group not to kill him and Clementine would have the option to forgive him for helping attack them that night. This subplot was dropped from the final episode, though it's possible that certain parts of Mike's role is a holdover from the original plan.
    • There are several unused voice clips confirming that there was supposed to be more of an outright panic in the herd when Carlos is shot, with Sarah begging him to get up before taking off and Jane eventually telling everyone to just run. Tavia was also supposed to fall off the building, presumably having been shot by Bonnie after ignoring her pleas to stop. This was apparently changed very late in the development, as Rebecca and Jane still reference this in the following episode.
    • Clementine originally had the option(?) to follow Luke during the escape from Howe's, where the two would encounter a bear fighting off walkers on the way. This concept was apparently reused in Game of Thrones.
    • Jane was supposed to be much more of a hardass who was easily frustrated, even considering Clementine to be annoying on occasion. This was changed partly to capitalize on her supposed popularity among fans in her debut.
    • Arvo(and the Russian Group in general) was supposed to be Spanish initially, but this was changed to the less common Russian for the sake of tension because The Wolf Among Us apparently featured a similar puzzle that a lot of people found easy. He was also indeed supposed to be preparing to leave his group alongside his sister, originally running out of the woods with the other two hot on his heels when he encounters Clementine again on the road.

Michonne

• Rashid and Vanessa.
  • They said season 1, 2 and Michonne only fyi

• Shit, my bad.

Melton23 posted: »

They said season 1, 2 and Michonne only fyi

• When do Rebecca and Jane reference Tavia falling off a building and who tf are Rashid and Vanessa??

DabigRG posted: »

Here's some stuff off the top of my head: Season 1 * Doug was supposed to help Lee trap B(his brother) under the telephone pole, rat

• No, they reference the fact that everyone panicked during their walk through the woods. Which is funny considering Jane was the one who said to tell everyone to run, iirc.

Rashid and Vanessa are two friends of Michonne and Pete who were stationed in the Mobjack area, but they're never found and Michonne can ask Norma about their whereabouts. However, Rashid at the very least does have textures in the games files, so it's possible that they were supposed to show up after all.

Bonbomb posted: »

When do Rebecca and Jane reference Tavia falling off a building and who tf are Rashid and Vanessa??

• edited August 2017

Credit to @lilacsbloom

• This isn't official concept art/animation. Telltale gives artists (that are applying for a job) audio from the beginning of Bonnie's story and asks them to recreate it. If you go to Youtube and type in 'telltale cinematic artist' you'll find a ton of these.

. Credit to @lilacsbloom

• Interesting.

Graysonn posted: »

This isn't official concept art/animation. Telltale gives artists (that are applying for a job) audio from the beginning of Bonnie's story a

• enter image description here
    enter image description here

Fun facts courtesy of @Deltino: The (assumed) beta model of Bonnie is referred to as Stephanie in the game files (sk55_stephanie_#). The Stephanie we see in Shel's story is referred to as Annie within the files (sk55_annie_#). A bit confusing, I know. But that's how it is.
    Furthermore, the beta Bonnie/"Stephanie" actually is used in the game, albeit as a small cameo; in Vince's story, you get that small scene of Shel and Becca running away from zombies. However, there's also a third person behind them that you see getting killed by a walker. That would be "Stephanie".

Credit to @zombiebonnie and @AGentlman

• edited August 2017

• Wasn't there a Stephanie in Shel's story?

Fun facts courtesy of @Deltino: The (assumed) beta model of Bonnie is referred to as Stephanie in the game files (sk55_stephanie_#). The Ste

• Ew.

. Credit to @Vivec and @JakeSt123

• I know, right? :lol:

Ew.

• Yes. However, she's apparently named "Annie" within the files.

Wasn't there a Stephanie in Shel's story?

• She has the same tatto of shaundi from Saints Row

Fun facts courtesy of @Deltino: The (assumed) beta model of Bonnie is referred to as Stephanie in the game files (sk55_stephanie_#). The Ste

• Oh my goodness, you're right!

LeeClemKen posted: »

She has the same tatto of shaundi from Saints Row

• What the fuck is that?

• That's pretty awesome. I wish they left that in. Though maybe that is a sign they do want to use Mike and/or Arvo later like they did with Kenny Season 1.

• edited August 2017

Well that and they probably wanted choosing to shoot Kenny to be Clementine's first.

That's pretty awesome. I wish they left that in. Though maybe that is a sign they do want to use Mike and/or Arvo later like they did with Kenny Season 1.

• When you think about it, it's not even a excuse because the Stranger in season 1 can be killed by Clementine. She shoots him in the head if Lee fails to strangled him to death.

Well that and they probably wanted choosing to shoot Kenny to be Clementine's first.

• Wow. Were they trying to copy Kenny's powerful mustache from the first season?

Sorry telltale, but you failed.

• Yeah, admittedly I realized that a bit after I posted. Aw well, Mr. Campman wasn't really a group member anyway.

Yaya67 posted: »

When you think about it, it's not even a excuse because the Stranger in season 1 can be killed by Clementine. She shoots him in the head if Lee fails to strangled him to death.

• Well Kenny was gonna be "Carver" himself in the earlier drafts, so possibly. However, it's also worth noting that that model was based on (I believe) Uncle Teardrop from Winter's Bone.

Wow. Were they trying to copy Kenny's powerful mustache from the first season? Sorry telltale, but you failed.

• edited August 2017

I see. They took away Teardrop's beard, and that's where they screwed up. From my experience, Beards can make people look more intimidating than without one. With carver being left with nothing but a door nob of a chin, it takes all the scare factor out of him and makes me think of the Ichabod Crane from AWAU, a weak old man.

I felt the same with Kenny, In the first season without a beard, he either felt like an asshole or a friend to me. I never felt the least bit intimidated by him. But things changed in season 2. And even before he started going off the bender, his frilly beard gave him an appearance that made me feel slightly uneasy in his presence, even through his heart-warming smile.

Well Kenny was gonna be "Carver" himself in the earlier drafts, so possibly. However, it's also worth noting that that model was based on (I believe) Uncle Teardrop from Winter's Bone.

• edited August 2017

Chyeah, pretty much. Looks less disgusting and more pathetic now.

I see. They took away Teardrop's beard, and that's where they screwed up. From my experience, Beards can make people look more intimidating

• The different storyline with the teacher would've been cool, I always thought it was a miracle everyone escaped the motel despite Duck being bit

Here's some stuff off the top of my head: Season 1 * Doug was supposed to help Lee trap B(his brother) under the telephone pole, rat

• I think Lilly was also supposed to left behind as well, but I don't remember where I heard this from.

TarZ_ posted: »

The different storyline with the teacher would've been cool, I always thought it was a miracle everyone escaped the motel despite Duck being bit

• I was told by my friend's fiancee, who according to him, knows everything about the games, that Sarah was originally suppose to survive with Clementine. In her own words, "They completely rewrote all of episode 4 at the last minute just to get rid of Sarah." I was just wondering if that were true or not.

• I'm not sure on that, but the later episodes do feel like they got tampered with a lot so I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I was told by my friend's fiancee, who according to him, knows everything about the games, that Sarah was originally suppose to survive with

• Really now?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, however, as the Season was rewritten several times between Sean Ainsworth's outlines and Pierre Shorette's shifts, and the way she was treated in that episode in particular just openly reeks of executive meddling and/or Creative Bias.

And really, there's a numerous other hints that make it pretty obvious that Sarah was clearly meant to be something of an iconic character for Season. It's just that some of context clues kinda hints she may have been considered to die(among other things beforehand) in Sarita's place at one point or another.

I was told by my friend's fiancee, who according to him, knows everything about the games, that Sarah was originally suppose to survive with

• It was just something I was told. She absolutely adored Sarah, saying that she was the reason she looked forward to each episode. She didn't provide any source though, so I could only take her word.

We definitely know for sure though that Amid the Ruins was rewritten to some capacity, as the scene where Clem changes Kenny's bandages was previewed for that episode, but was later moved to No Going Back. Even though it's just speculation on my end, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire episode was rewritten, considering the change in writers & the misleading thumbnail.

• The edit button is a thing. :P

Still, I can definitely sympathize with your friend. And while the realistic side of me kinda doubts they rewrote the entire episode just to get rid of Sarah, there is a fair amount of evidence suggesting that Sarah was supposed to get a lot of focus in IHW and AtR in a variety of ways and the latter in particular has a number of details that seem oddly/suspiciously relevant to her despite the raw deal she got in the final product, so I really do believe there is some truth to that.

Also, I recently learned that the Kenny thing is technically in the episode in some form, it's just a bit difficult to trigger and get's cut short.

It was just something I was told. She absolutely adored Sarah, saying that she was the reason she looked forward to each episode. She didn't

• If Sarah really was meant to get that much more focus & development than she actually ended up getting in the final game, I don't think her surviving sounds too far-fetched. But that's just me. It really is a shame just how much characters like Sarah, Alvin, Nick, Carlos, etc. potentially had going for them, but were just pushed to the side by the time Kenny arrived.

I hope they remaster the 1st two seasons with ANF's graphics, some of their original ideas, & more choices that actually matter. Admittedly, one thing to give ANF credit for is that it handles determinant characters far better than the previous seasons, and I would love to see how the earlier seasons would have played out if they were like that. We can only hope.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.