Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

12346»

Comments

• Hazama (BlazBlue)
    -Folds often, only ever playing when he has a ridiculous hand. When he DOES play, however, he makes suicidely high bets.

Hagrid (Harry Potter)
    -A more aggressive Heavy, who takes the game less serious (plays a bit unpredictably), but he is near impossible to bluff.

Stan Pines (Gravity Falls)
    -Plays rather aggressively, hard to bait into folding. Bluffs well, but doesn't know when he's overextended.

Travis (No More Heroes)
    -Money is no object to him, so he makes big bets with even mediocre hands, but it can be pretty simple to make him back down. However, he has the hardest tells to detect, so it's hard to very hard to read him.

Vol'jin (Warcraft)
    -Places big bets at first, but gets more and more conservative as the game goes on

The Spy (Team Fortress 2)
    -Looks for weaknesses in other players' playstyles. He tends to focus on one specific player, picking everyone off one at a time. This can lead to his downfall if you focus him when he focuses someone else.

Bender (Futurama)
    -Heavy bluffer. Plays on the "magical Poker equation", expecting to get good cards when he has a bad hand. It works just as well as you'd expect.

Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
    -Aggressive with a good hand, fold without one. Wider definition of a good hand than Hazama or Tycho, but makes less insane bets and doesn't bluff as much.

D Va (Overwatch)
    -Fills the pot to be flashy, but doesn't get serious until you start reraising her bets.

Bigby (The Wolf Among Us)
    -Plays rather randomly, like a worse Max. However, as the game goes on, his strategy develops based on how everyone else has been playing.

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
    -Plays according to a basic Poker player's starting hand guide, rarely going all in and making small bets when she plays, since she actually knows how to play.

• Loader bot : tales from the Borderlands , impossible to bluff

A guy from Gravity Falls/Steven Universe OR Rick Sanchez

Booker Dewitt from Bioshock (with Elizabeth )

Hoxton from Payday

and as the Dealer, the GMAN from Half life (who taunt us with Half Life 3 ;_; )

• Maybe it will be characters from different games And there will be 2 different groups. The boy and the girl group. (Girls play poker too don't they? Okay i'll leave...)

Here are my character ideas for the 2 groups.

Boys:
    Scout (Team Fortress 2)
    Jesse (Minecraft Story Mode)
    Sans (Undertale) (do it for the fans.....)
    Claptrap (Borderlands) (of course why not?)

Girls:
    Tracer (Overwatch)
    Undyne (Undertale)
    Unikitty (The Lego Movie)
    Clementine (The Walking Dead) (the grown up one. not the kid one.)

There. I am done.

• Btw the dealer would be mettaton from undertale

segaboy360 posted: »

Maybe it will be characters from different games And there will be 2 different groups. The boy and the girl group. (Girls play poker too don

• Rick Sanchez & Morty Smith - rick and morty "uuum Rick, I-I don't think you should bet all that money Rick."
    "Shut uuuuurp Morty, they're all obviously too dumb to see
    thr-uuur-ough my bluff".

• The Mask - The Mask
    Goes all in "Somebody Stop Me!"

Rick Sanchez & Morty Smith - rick and morty "uuum Rick, I-I don't think you should bet all that money Rick." "Shut uuuuurp Morty, they're all obviously too dumb to see thr-uuur-ough my bluff".

• I would love to see a Poker Night 3 with Bigby (the wolf among us), Fiona or Gortys (the naive Gortys should bring a lot of humors) (tales from the borderlands), Bruce Wayne (batman) and Star-Lord (guardians of the galaxy).

• Handsome jack
    Clementine
    Jesse (not a minecraft weaboo, it's just really successful)
    Umm...
    That guy...

• Figure I'd add in my two cents for this since I do enjoy the mish-mash of characters.

• [obligatory Telltale character:] Bigby Wolf (from The Wolf Among Us) His personality would fit the conversations and location perfectly. Also, he'd be playing poker and smoking a bunch of Huff 'N Puffs. What's better than that?
    • [obligatory Valve character:] Ellis (from Left 4 Dead 2) I figure that someone from the zombie apocalypse would be an interesting member in your presence. The stories to tell would be pretty fascinating to all guests (and relatable to players), I'm sure.
    • Rick [and Morty on the side.] (from Rick and Morty) others have mentioned good reasons, but I'll just agree that Rick and his humor would be really enjoyable to see at the table. Having Morty try to give him advice on what to bet, while Rick groans: "Relax, Mo-ooorty. This is as easy as making a [insert cool science invention here]." Yeah, I'm not that good with humour.
    • Some have mentioned Bender from Futurama, but then the table here would have one too many angry alcoholics. So, as a substitute. Phillip J. Fry (from Futurama) He'd be the character to bet on the wrong occasions, and think he knows what he's doing, but gets knocked out first. As for the talking, maybe he could ask around for tips on romance or what others do. *(I guess Archer could work like others said, but I haven't seen the show so can't confirm.)
    • The Dealer: Gortys (from Tales from the Borderlands) Now, maybe having another Borderlands character (even though it isn't one of Gearbox's creations) is a bit much, but I think that her upbeat personality and naïveté would liven up the poker table. "I don't know what they are, but I thiiink the blinds just went up a bit. Just a hunch."
  • Bosco (Sam and Max)
    Guybrush (Tales of Monkey Island)
    Scout (TF2)
    Nathan Drake (Uncharted)

• For me
    Rick Sanchez
    The spy
    Shrek
    Clementine

• I think a match up with these characters would be pretty cool:

• Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)
    • Fiona (Tales from the Borderlands)
    • Bojack Horseman
    • Rick (Rick and Morty)

...as for who the dealer could be, I don't have any immediate ideas.

• Maybe either Handsome Jack's Hologram from Tales or Codsworth from Fallout 4 for dealer?

I would love Thing from the Fantastic Four given that in the comics he is a legendary Poker player, plus he's got that gruff but lovable personality. Alternatively Rocket and Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters as an 80's movie character counterpart to Ash Williams.

Pam Poovey or Algernop Krieger from Archer.

Trevor from GTA V or John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

I think a match up with these characters would be pretty cool: * Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us) * Fiona (Tales from the Borderlands)

• edited September 2017

They should be adding: Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Sonic the Hedgehog, Sailor Moon and The Demoman.
    Rupert Giles will be dealer and Sam and Max, Moxxi as Background characters.
    Sailor Mars, Willow Rosenberg and Miles "Tails" Prower as Speaking background characters.

• 1-Wheatley as the new dealer
    2-Rick Sanchez
    3-Rhys
    4-Batman

• My friend came up with what i believe would be an amazing cast for pokernight 3:

For an animated character pick: Sterling Archer

For a video game character/ the straight man : Geralt of the witcher series

the third slot, the movie character: Deadpool

and the telltale games character: Tyrion Lannister; but barring him, Batman or the Joker

running the bar could be either Pam or Lanna from the archer series

• edited June 2018

Here are the characters that I think would fit well

Drax - Guardians of the Galaxy
    Jack - Minecraft : Story Mode
    Bigby - The Wolf Among Us
    Larry - The Walking Dead
    Bender - Futurama
    Bob Belcher - Bob's Burgers
    John Doe - Batman: The Enemy Within (Dealer)
    Seriously though, imagine Jack and Drax interacting, priceless.

• They should be adding: Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Sonic the Hedgehog, Flint Paper and The Demoman.
    Rupert Giles will be dealer and Sam and Max, Moxxi as Background characters.
    Amy Rose, Willow Rosenberg and Miles "Tails" Prower as Speaking background characters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.