Uncharted Thread

Comments

• Today marks the one year anniversary of when Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was first released. And to celebrate it, I created something special. ;-D

• Amazing.

Today marks the one year anniversary of when Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was first released. And to celebrate it, I created something special. ;-D

• I miss the game so much, I'm just glad it ended gracefully.

Today marks the one year anniversary of when Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was first released. And to celebrate it, I created something special. ;-D

• Just curious, as excited as I am for the Lost Legacy since Uncharted is probably my favourite game series (god they are soooo good), is anyone else really excited at the fact that some pre-orders offer Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy with it??

• I really haven't played Jak and Daxter, yet I am a bit excited to see what they are like. You know of this one is any good?

joel5_b posted: »

Just curious, as excited as I am for the Lost Legacy since Uncharted is probably my favourite game series (god they are soooo good), is anyone else really excited at the fact that some pre-orders offer Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy with it??

• Story trailer for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

• There's only one week left until Lost Legacy is released.

Not only that, but there will also be Survival Arena for Multiplayer.

• I'm so fucking ready. Last Uncharted game for a while. Moving on to The Last of Us 2. Hopefully ND makes a new IP, Uncharted deserves a break for a while.

There's only one week left until Lost Legacy is released. Not only that, but there will also be Survival Arena for Multiplayer.

• Interestingly enough, it also seems they're adding the villain from the Lost Legacy as a playable character... cool!

There's only one week left until Lost Legacy is released. Not only that, but there will also be Survival Arena for Multiplayer.

• Just wanted to add in that a developer mentioned that Chloe and Nadine will have a conversation about Nate (And I think Sam too, don't remember) and that honestly just makes me so excited lol

• I figured Nate would be mentioned at one point or another in Lost Legacy. I'm very curious to see how that conversation is gonna turn out.

Dan7Bip5 posted: »

Just wanted to add in that a developer mentioned that Chloe and Nadine will have a conversation about Nate (And I think Sam too, don't remember) and that honestly just makes me so excited lol

• Good news, adventurers. It got a 86 in the Metacritic site. It must mean that it's another successful Uncharted game but might not be as good as the main Uncharted games but still an amazing game.

enter image description here

• edited August 2017

From what I've seen with Chloe Frazer in Lost Legacy so far, she comes across as a far more convincing Lara Croft than Lara Croft herself does in the 2013 and 2015 games, except Chloe is not British.

I miss the charm and dry wit Lara Croft had from the original and first reboot series.

• She did a better Lara Croft for the next generation. I cannot stand Lara's attitude in the reboots.

But I hate the fact that people say it's a rip-off of Tomb Raider. Playing as a female PC is not enough to think of.

RichWalk23 posted: »

From what I've seen with Chloe Frazer in Lost Legacy so far, she comes across as a far more convincing Lara Croft than Lara Croft herself do

• Which reboot are we talking about? The Legend-Anniversary-Underworld, or the 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider reboot?

Ironically, I'm feeling that the Uncharted series have more in common with Tomb Raider than the recent Tomb Raider games do. For starters, Uncharted actually raid tombs for crying out loud.

AronDracula posted: »

She did a better Lara Croft for the next generation. I cannot stand Lara's attitude in the reboots. But I hate the fact that people say it's a rip-off of Tomb Raider. Playing as a female PC is not enough to think of.

• edited August 2017

The recent ones. 2013 and 2015.

Can you give an example? All I remember is that Drake was after the lost treasure of El Dorado, two lost cities and a lost ship full of treasures.

Also, Uncharted has more references from Indiana Jones than Tomb Raider does.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Which reboot are we talking about? The Legend-Anniversary-Underworld, or the 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider reboot? Ironically, I'm fee

• NO NATHAN DRAKE? Now I'm just depressed...

Another trailer that shows more about Chloe's adventure with Nadine.

• edited August 2017

I don't mean to make people freak out, but it's OFFICIAL, and TOM HOLLAND is casted as Nathan Drake: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/

• I still don't want Uncharted movie to happen. All video game movies are terrible.

I don't mean to make people freak out, but it's OFFICIAL, and TOM HOLLAND is casted as Nathan Drake: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464335/

• edited August 2017

But that doesn't automatically condemn THIS one to be terrible.

Doom - had no story
    Assassin's Creed - they obviously only cared for CGI
    Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - lack of emotional depth and tension in the storyline. Too much CGI, once again.

I still don't want Uncharted movie to happen. All video game movies are terrible.

• Yeah, it's not so much as Lara Croft has an attitude, but her absolute lack of one.

I can understand the 2013 marking her moment where she loses her innocence and becomes a more hardened survivor, but in Rise of the Tomb Raider, she doesn't feel as if she had developed into the Lara Croft we all know and love. She's not witty, she's not charismatic, she's not cocky, and most of all, she lacks passion. Overall, she's boring.

And as for Uncharted feeling more like Tomb Raider than Tomb Raider, it's hard to explain, but I do feel that the more recent Tomb Raider focused more on survival and combat, and had a dead serious storyline with little to no lighthearted moments. Actual tomb raiding is minimal at best, and it only encompasses a small section of a level area, and not the entirety of it. Actual tomb raiding feels more like a distraction to the main plot than actually being the point of the main plot.

Uncharted seems to focus more on actually invading and exploring ancient ruins for the purpose of finding treasure, which is also helped with the stories having a more lighthearted tone akin to Indiana Jones to make the adventure more engrossing to the player. It also helps that the art style of Uncharted is vibrant and colourful, which really highlights just how magnificent and exciting the ruins appear to the player.

The recent ones. 2013 and 2015. Can you give an example? All I remember is that Drake was after the lost treasure of El Dorado, two lost

• Is there even a good video game movie?

But that doesn't automatically condemn THIS one to be terrible. Doom - had no story Assassin's Creed - they obviously only cared for CGI Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - lack of emotional depth and tension in the storyline. Too much CGI, once again.

• I have to agree with AronDracula here the movie will be bad.

Assassin's Creed - they obviously only cared for CGI

I would rather say fight scenes

Ugh all those cuts and blue walls give me a orgasm- Ubisoft employer

But oke back to Uncharted so here is the thing IT WILL BE BAD and this is from the person who believes one day we get a good game to movie adaptation.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0138620/ This is the writer and I checked his 'writer'' part of the page and he seems pretty mediocere from all those links and guess what almost every single fucking writer for a video game movie has either a shitty writer, mediocere one and when it's a good writer they are mostly miscasted for the project.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-uncharted-movie-has-an-r-rated-script-naughty-/1100-6448152/

I heard something about a Young Nathan Drake and to be honest what is so interesting about that just make the movie on Sully we don't know much about his character anyway in Uncharted so there is more room with him (yes that part in my Parody review was serious) Sully would work better and what can Uncharted bring to the cinema? well I tell you nothing new.
    Just imagen your father walking out of the cinema and his friends ask how was the movie ''It was just this generation of Indiana Jones'' nothing new at all.
    Also this actor has a six pack and I can't imagen Nathan having that I demand him eating donuts- I mean stop having a six pack.

You know I could still see a AC movie happen again just change:

1. Script writers (they sucked if you haven't noticed there track record)
    2. Better CGI team
    3. Not 90 minutes of screentime I want 2 hours and 20 minutes to develop everything better
    4. Better camera team
    5. A producer with more expierence

Fix that and you might get a good movie... But that would mean hollywood actually cares to make a good one:)

But that doesn't automatically condemn THIS one to be terrible. Doom - had no story Assassin's Creed - they obviously only cared for CGI Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - lack of emotional depth and tension in the storyline. Too much CGI, once again.

• edited August 2017

Dang, so many people here dying to prove this will flop! Give it a CHANCE, for goodness sakes! One can be an OPTIMIST, can't they?

I regret even putting that up there now. I didn't know this community was so dedicated enough to make four replies to a simple comment about how all video game movies have been terrible so far.

joshua007 posted: »

I have to agree with AronDracula here the movie will be bad. Assassin's Creed - they obviously only cared for CGI I would rath

• edited August 2017

Eh Warcraft fans love the Warcraft movie from what I have seen and AC movie eh 50% you might like if you played the games (the fucking inconsistencies annoy the fuck outta me)... Ooh yeah Castlevania is a good game adaptation and critics are mostly positive- no wait that is a show not a movie he it's progress

Is there even a good video game movie?

• I am getting my Uncharted book in three weeks:)

• edited August 2017

I got uncharted 4 first but decided to painfully be patient and play uncharted 1-3 first. it was definitely worth it. it makes uncharted 4 WAY better because you meet the characters and grow closer to them before-hand. Seriously yall, you can only play Uncharted 4 once for the full experience, so you might as well play the other 3 games first.

• What took you so long:)

• Oh yeah, baby.

What took you so long:)

• edited August 2017

I like Nadine, so I'm interested to see what they do with her character.

• OMG Return of the Train!

What took you so long:)

• So damn hyped for the train segment...

• Motherfucker. I got spoiled by a youtube thumbnail. What a bunch of fucking idiots. Thank goodness it was not a death of a character.

• yeah same,was it a certain character apperence?

Motherfucker. I got spoiled by a youtube thumbnail. What a bunch of fucking idiots. Thank goodness it was not a death of a character.

• Yes, not giving any clues though.

yeah same,was it a certain character apperence?

• You know I was really ambivalent about this game, but now after completing it...... it may be my favourite in the whole series! Well, U3 still holds the special place in my heart, but TLL isn;t far behind!

9+/10 I want MOARRRR

• Finished Lost Legacy in 7 hours and 15 minutes. Playing as Chloe in the story of Uncharted is a real nice change of pace. I actually missed hearing Nate's witty quips. Knowing how capable a fighter Nadine is makes me glad to have her on my side this time. She seems to be doing alright, despite having lost control of Shoreline. I also like the new lock-picking bit we get to do, and how we get better a understanding of Chloe's past, mostly about how her old man was also after the Tusk, and later find out how close he came to it and never told her about it. There was also a peaceful ride with an elephant along the way.

That new villian, Asav? Yeah, he may not look much, but goddamn is he a capable fighter. Capable enough to fight even Nadine to a standstill. Maybe it is the glasses that makes him seem harmless at first glance.

I knew that Chloe and Nadine were both gonna have a major role in the DLC, but I did not expect to see Sam play a part in this too. Boy, was I surprised. Though, when I thought of how he and Chloe would first meet each other face-to-face, I didn't it would included getting captured and beaten by Asav's men. Where the hell is Sully when you need him to bail you out, eh? The way Nadine kept giving him a tough time throughout the rest of the journey, it reminded of Rhys and Fiona's relationship in TFTBL (Which makes sense since they were voiced by the same voice actors.)

That final chapter with the whole train pursuit was epic. I mean, ho-ly shit. From jumping and swinging to train cars, to actually driving into a train car and that final showdown against Asav. This adventure with Chloe, Nadine, and even Sam, was awesome.

• Just defeated lost legacy... this has to be my favorite uncharted game now and if you don't mind I have a date with Lost legacy AGAIN!

• edited August 2017

Wow, that was amazing. The Lost Legacy is probably my favorite Uncharted.

I'll edit this in-depth and spoiler tag it once I type up all of my thoughts.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited August 2017

Don't think I ever really posted on here how much of a fan of the Uncharted series I am, I'm a HUGE fan and 4 is honestly my favourite game of this console generation. I was VERY fortunate enough to meet most of the Drake family this year in Dublin. Nolan North (Nate), Emily Rose (Elena) and Troy Baker (Sam). It was awesome getting to talk to them and I even got to have a 15 minute conversation with Nolan since I arrived early, he's my favourite voice actor in the industry so getting to talk to the guy in person was an absolute honour and I got to tell him a good bit about my own acting career. I even got a photograph with him (which is my profile picture) and got him and Emily to sign my copy of Uncharted 4.

enter image description here

Now that I got that off my chest I'll talk about Lost Legacy. And yeah, it was really good! I got it for free too thanks to the U4 collector's edition I got last year (and the first Jak and Daxter) and I was quite surprised by it I have to say, I really liked the main antagonist Asav and Nadine got significantly more character development and I loved her dynamic with Chloe, was initially reluctant to see if this pairing would work but it worked far better than I thought it would. It's nowhere near my favourite game of the series (4 and 2 are the top spots) but I think it sits comfortably in the middle for me as my third favourite Uncharted. And Chloe was an excellent new protagonist, I knew she would've been great though so I wasn't too worried about that.

I really liked the length of it too, it was not too long and not too short. Especially for it's asking price. I would've certainly paid 40 for it if I had to.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.