The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Blue. So definitely Nick.

I always thought it sounded like Nick as well. What color are the subtitles?

• edited November 2017

I was going to make a post about this, because I always felt the scene feels way too quiet without those lines. Like them all just standing there wasn't goofy enough. I always assumed Nick said the first one, and Luke said the last one but I guess they're both Nick, huh?

And that "Jesus Christ, Stop!" is Kenny? His lips aren't moving, and that seems out of character for him to beg someone like that.

DabigRG posted: »

Blue. So definitely Nick.

• edited November 2017

Holy shit, that is, like, almost one to one. I'd definitely fuck Chang first, though.

WOAH! :flushed:

Yeah, they still don't really look like anything that comes to mind.

Like their skin, it's almost like pale yellow in some scenes. I dunno, it's a weird, unholy mish-mash of races.
    If you see anything that looks like them, don't hesitate to share now that Carley has been "solved."

I just looked up this Rebecca Chang. Well, shit. I think Lee having asian fever confirmed. Holy shit, that is, like, almost o

• I was going to make a post about this, because I always felt the scene feels way too quiet without those lines.

Quiet?

Like them all just standing there wasn't goofy enough.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that they're just static there at points. :lol:

I always assumed Nick said the first one, and Luke said the last one but I guess they're both Nick, huh?

Apparently so, even though it makes more since if Luke was the second one.

And that "Jesus Christ, Stop!" is Kenny? His lips aren't moving, and that seems out of character for him to beg someone like that.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Kenny, but it's apparently Nick as well. I'll have to track down the voice collections to see if they're organized as such.

Or call @Graysonn. Either way.

Louche posted: »

I was going to make a post about this, because I always felt the scene feels way too quiet without those lines. Like them all just standing

• WOAH! :flushed:

Well, it's true. Simply natural, really.

Like their skin, it's almost like pale yellow in some scenes. I dunno, it's a weird, unholy mish-mash of races.

Yeah, that was my thought as well.

If you see anything that looks like them, don't hesitate to share now that Carley has been "solved."

Honestly, they looks like a weird mismash between Navajo or some other Native tribe ala the Fairbanks, Asian, and Caucasian. I've been trying to think of another race that might fit better, but I can't seem to pinpoint one.

Holy shit, that is, like, almost one to one. I'd definitely fuck Chang first, though. WOAH! Yeah, they still don't really loo

• It is indeed Nick.

I was going to make a post about this, because I always felt the scene feels way too quiet without those lines. Quiet? Like th

• Thanks dude! Sorry you seem to have become a bit pigeonholed as a late.

Graysonn posted: »

It is indeed Nick.

• Quiet?

If Nick is dead, those two lines don't play. So everyone just stands in total silence as Carver beats Kenny.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that they're just static there at points.

I'm pretty sure a couple of the models are facing the wrong way too :lol:

Apparently so, even though it makes more since if Luke was the second one.

"You don't have to do this, Bill" has to be Luke. It doesn't fit Nick.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Kenny, but it's apparently Nick as well. I'll have to track down the voice collections to see if they're organized as such.

But there's the thing I'm pretty sure that line plays if Nick is dead, so... That would be pretty weird.
    But then again, this whole scene never made much sense to me. When did they discover Luke? It didn't seem to me like that was the case when they left the pen, and even Troy seemed to be more pissed about Clem being in the comic shop than discovering they were planning something. Add that to the fact that Clem's lips also don't move when she tries to reason with Troy and her face doesn't seem to react when she's hit, and you've got a scene that feels like it was completed last minute or something.

I was going to make a post about this, because I always felt the scene feels way too quiet without those lines. Quiet? Like th

• edited November 2017

But doesn't that line play when Nick is dead? :confounded:

and why would Nick be the only one crying out for Kenny besides Sarita... wait, I'm sensing some slashfic fuel here.:flushed:

Graysonn posted: »

It is indeed Nick.

• Weird question but do you think Gabe and Mariana..."ship" Javier and Kate? Do you think the latter would've permitted/tolerated it if she was still alive when David came back into the picture?

• Here's a question I've been mulling over for a while: given her close resemblance to her as well as Huh-Chick, her non-skinburnt Capricorn mark, and the seemingly significant moment where Javier exchanges a close glance with her, do you think it's possible that "Shades-Chick" is actually a holdover from an older concept where David got Grace a job as one of Clint/Joan's personal guards?

• Any ideas/speculations as to why Roxanne has a name unlike all of the other New Frontier mooks in Part 1?

• I have two questions.
    1. When Kenny says that he thought a guy was kidnapping Duck at a gas station, it was meant to imply it was actually a zombie trying to grab him right? Kenny implies he may have beaten him to death, though he could just be talking tough again.
    2. According the walking dead wiki, Nate has unused lines apologizing to Walt and Jean, possibly suggesting there was originally a choice that convinces Nate to leave them alone. Has anyone ever posted those lines here to confirm this?

• I dunno, but I wish they did now.That does sound kind of cute. Shipping their uncle and step-mom, but in a totally innocent way. Good addition to mariana's limited-ass screentime.

Weird question but do you think Gabe and Mariana..."ship" Javier and Kate? Do you think the latter would've permitted/tolerated it if she was still alive when David came back into the picture?

• When Kenny says that he thought a guy was kidnapping Duck at a gas station, it was meant to imply it was actually a zombie trying to grab him right? Kenny implies he may have beaten him to death, though he could just be talking tough again.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. I wanna say it was just some creeper or an asshole along the lines of the guy Shawn mentioned.

According the walking dead wiki, Nate has unused lines apologizing to Walt and Jean, possibly suggesting there was originally a choice that convinces Nate to leave them alone. Has anyone ever posted those lines here to confirm this?

I do remember reading that and honestly, I'm having a hard time remember if they were in the voice file collection I listened to once. It was 10 minutes long, after all.

I have two questions. 1. When Kenny says that he thought a guy was kidnapping Duck at a gas station, it was meant to imply it was actually

• edited November 2017

The reason I asked was because it was always something perculating at the back of my mind but seldom really went anywhere with it. Probably because Kate and Javier as a thing is something I didn't really think much of either way.

However, having gone back to watch certain scenes for...reasons..., it's pretty damn blatant that they just didn't give a fuck since Javier and Kate can kiss right in the junkyard in front of Mariana(who only gives the expected "gross") while Gabe, despite practically worshipping David and being quite persnickety early on, never says anything on the matter and even just looks between them when David gets suspicious in the hospital with an...honestly hard to read vibe. It's either knowing indifference or very subdued nervousness.

I dunno, but I wish they did now.That does sound kind of cute. Shipping their uncle and step-mom, but in a totally innocent way. Good addition to mariana's limited-ass screentime.

• What are some neat little teamnames you can come up with for any 2+ of the characters?

• Repeats

What are some predictions you had that came up in some vague form in the actual episodes? How were they different from what you had in mind?

@Louche Has anyone considered putting together a comprehensive scale chart of all the character models from each season set next to each other?
    That would be sweet, but I don't have the capability to do it. I think it's a good idea to be considered.

Do you think "Claire Cleary" was supposed to be the name of the person running McCaroll Ranch?

@Fangirl101 If we could play as one of the 400 days protagonists in Season 2, who would you want this to be? (Vince, Wyatt, Russell, Shel or Bonnie)

Do you think Jane might've been from Jersey or Nevada?

• Interesting...

The reason I asked was because it was always something perculating at the back of my mind but seldom really went anywhere with it. Probably

• edited December 2017

I though it was implied to be a zombie because Kenny says he "thought" the guy was kidnapping him, which seems to imply he realized he wasn't. (ie he was trying to eat him) and that Kenny found out about the zombies at some point after that, looked back, and realized his son almost died or something. Also if it was just a random pedophile, it wouldn't rally segue into the conversation would it?
    I think it's just one of those unfortunately awkwardly written bits. Like the larry/lily confrontation in the drug-store. (and the glitch where kenny says you sided with larry if you don't say anything doesn't help matters there

I do remember reading that and honestly, I'm having a hard time remember if they were in the voice file collection I listened to once. It was 10 minutes long, after all.

the voice file collection? what's that.
    Hearing Nate actually apologize to the old folks like a scolded rowdy little boy would be hilarious. I want to see it.

When Kenny says that he thought a guy was kidnapping Duck at a gas station, it was meant to imply it was actually a zombie trying to grab hi

• I though it was implied to be a zombie because Kenny says he "thought" the guy was kidnapping him, which seems to imply he realized he wasn't. (ie he was trying to eat him) and that Kenny found out about the zombies at some point after that, looked back, and realized his son almost died or something.

Mm, I guess.

Also if it was just a random pedophile, it wouldn't rally segue into the conversation would it?

I don't remember the full context(because Season 1 can be a chore to get through at times), but it was probably just a way of hammering in that Kenny wants to protect his family.

I think it's just one of those unfortunately awkwardly written bits. Like the larry/lily confrontation in the drug-store. (and the glitch where kenny says you sided with larry if you don't say anything doesn't help matters there

Probably so.
    Also, it vaguely makes sense that Kenny would count you not saying anything as siding with Larry since you're also not siding with him..

the voice file collection? what's that.
    Hearing Nate actually apologize to the old folks like a scolded rowdy little boy would be hilarious. I want to see it.

A collection of voice clips. :tongue:
    Basically, there is a channel with a playlist filled with videos on each character's lines on Youtube. However, it can be really hard to find, for whatever reason.

I though it was implied to be a zombie because Kenny says he "thought" the guy was kidnapping him, which seems to imply he realized he wasn'

• There you go!

I though it was implied to be a zombie because Kenny says he "thought" the guy was kidnapping him, which seems to imply he realized he wasn'

• Does anyone know if Alyssa_TTG is still at Telltale?

• Considering I got the vibe she was relatively new around the AMAs, probably.

Does anyone know if Alyssa_TTG is still at Telltale?

• Okay genius but I'd like to actually know

Considering I got the vibe she was relatively new around the AMAs, probably.

• Let's just ask her then. Oh, @Alyssa_TTG!

Okay genius but I'd like to actually know

• Oh shit you summoned her

Let's just ask her then. Oh, @Alyssa_TTG!

• edited December 2017

Oh shit you summoned her

• edited December 2017

Here's a question I've been meaning to figure out for myself for quite some time, but I think I'll just let one of you do the work for me: Throughout the game series, Clementine has generally had one or two major colors to her outfit(s) per season:

Season 1 Ep1 White
    Season 1 Ep2 onward Yellow
    Season 1 Ep2 climax onward(determinately) Red
    Season 2 Ep1 flashback Blue
    Season 2 Ep 1-3 Purple
    Season 2 Ep 3 onward Cyan
    A New Frontier debut Violet?
    A New Frontier ????
    A New Frontier Ending Red again

With this level of color theory in mind, what color(s) would be used to represent the following characters in the various timeframes/situations besides the ones they normally have?

Duck (Season 1 Yellow)(He;s only on here just because)
    Becca (400 Days Yellow)
    Michelle (Season 2 Ep 1 Flashback Pink :lol:)
    Luke (Season 2 Ep 1-5 Vermillion)
    Sarah (Season 2 Ep 1-4 Blue)
    Arvo (Season 2 Ep 4-5 Purple)
    Gabe (A New Frontier Ep 1-5 Cyan)

• edited December 2017

Any idea as to why, ignoring Kenny for obvious reasons, most of the Season 2 profile pics seem unfitting or even random for the characters?

• Can someone please explain the context of "I told you:Joan is on the warpath. Last thing we need is people gettin wind of all this stuff." I always thought it was a really odd line to give Max given he had to reveal Joan's involvement after the fight anyway(because Javier and David didn't hear that part, apparently), but the line in general is confusing.

• Repeats

Do you think Jane might've been from Jersey or Nevada?

Considering how Suetiful Jane is when you really analyze her, why didn't they just name her something like Janya or Jasper or Jessie-Belle?

For those who know something about hair styling/physics: which characters could realistic change their hairstyle and how?

If there was a Sinister Six type thing spanning any character from the previous games, who would it consist of and who would be the leader(s)?

Here's a question from this thread of mine:
    If each group member in any of the Seasons/installments had an archenemy/rival, what would that entail and be like? What would the conflict and dynamic between them be like? What traits and themes would they have that could contrast and/or compare to their nemesis? How would such an enmity be resolved, if ever?

• edited December 2017

Thank you. Course, there's a billion of those lines spread across tons of videos, so... that'll be a while.

Fangirl101 posted: »

There you go!

• edited December 2017

Mm, I guess.

Like I said, it's so brief it's hard to tell if it's supposed to mean anything.

I don't remember the full context(because Season 1 can be a chore to get through at times), but it was probably just a way of hammering in that Kenny wants to protect his family.

A chore? Well yes, technically season 2 and ANF breeze right by, that's not really a good thing. Anyway, right after that line, Kenny says they stumbled onto/saw a lot of "bodies" before Hershel's and that they're a tough family. It could go either way.

Also, it vaguely makes sense that Kenny would count you not saying anything as siding with Larry since you're also not siding with him..

True, and I would have thought that was fine if I hadn't already seen how intricate Kenny's responses could be in some of those unused files.
    However in the second episode, Kenny flat out says you agreed with throwing Duck out in the street which is just wrong. Don't forget that Lee can tell Larry it's not happening before the last dialogue tree there, (he even can threaten to "whoop him", as Larry puts it) before not saying anything, how does that equal siding with Larry? lol I'll bet they recorded neutral lines for Kenny but something happened along the way to final development.

Basically, there is a channel with a playlist filled with videos on each character's lines on Youtube. However, it can be really hard to find, for whatever reason.

Sorting through over 10 videos to listen to god knows how many lines? guhhhhh

• edited December 2017

Was Javier's model changed to resemble Jeff Schine, his current voice actor?

• There's something I don't understand... why do people dislike Bonnie in 400 Days? She was one of the most interesting characters in the DLC, in my opinion.

• edited December 2017

It may have been.
    enter image description here

There's something I don't understand... why do people dislike Bonnie in 400 Days?

Because some of them assumed she really was cheating with Leland, most likely. Which at least one person has been lumped into thinking she killed Dee on purpose when that was clearly not feasible.

I recall someone claiming something similar with Javier(though admittedly, that one choice in the 2nd flashback may have been cited).

She was one of the most interesting characters in the DLC, in my opinion.

I agree.

• Hmm, but Bonnie didn't have a boyfriend, did she? That wouldn't be called cheating on her part. Leland was making moves on her, mostly(I like Leland, btw).
    Bonnie obviously didn't kill Dee on purpose. :unamused: If people actually think she did, that's beyond me.

Was Javier's model changed to resemble Jeff Schine, his current voice actor? It may have been. There's something I don't und

• edited December 2017

I meant as in making Leland cheat on Dee.

And yes, it's pretty clear that there was nothing actually official going on between the two. That one storyboard video in particular highlighted this.

Hmm, but Bonnie didn't have a boyfriend, did she? That wouldn't be called cheating on her part. Leland was making moves on her, mostly(I lik

• Ah, okay then.

What video?

I meant as in making Leland cheat on Dee. And yes, it's pretty clear that there was nothing actually official going on between the two. That one storyboard video in particular highlighted this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.