Batman: EW Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 23rd, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• I'm pretty sure the only "treat" she would give to someone is a blow on the head with her hammer. Then she'll laugh about it and go back to painting diamonds on her face.

The flirting is most likely just a method of manipulation and control, as someone else pointed out in another thread.

• edited December 2017

Maybe, but Bruce are the only person in The Pact to whom she is open-minded to, she revealed her true "unmasked" nature to him, and she even told him in EP3 that he got a such a sweet spot in her heart because he reminds her of her Father, whom she is admire, so i dunno, it maybe is a manipulation tool for John, but unlikely for Bruce!

Lunat1c posted: »

I'm pretty sure the only "treat" she would give to someone is a blow on the head with her hammer. Then she'll laugh about it and go back to

• Obsolete? Delete

Tasos_12io posted: »

And every last piece of positivity in this forum has just faded away and classified itself as obsolete with this interview

• Matt hardy is that you?

Justin22 posted: »

Obsolete? Delete

• Wazzup I’m new to the forums! Love me!

• edited December 2017

Welcome to the forums!
    Specific game love can be found in the individual game forums (here)
    General love(off-topic) can be found in the General Chat forum (here)
    The non-specific nonsense love discussion thread is (here)
    Love is everywhere.

Wazzup I’m new to the forums! Love me!

• Love sent!

• Imma love the sbit out of you, bro

• Perhaps "only" 35days left until episode 4!
    Yay!

• 35 days. Shit

19Street95 posted: »

Perhaps "only" 35days left until episode 4! Yay!

• Thnx for the love!

• edited December 2017

Same here! Also patiently (not really) waiting for the next episode! Telltale has been delivering some of their finest work. I greatly enjoyed Season 1 (first Telltale game I bought), but this is on another level!

• edited December 2017

I completely agree!

Same here! Also patiently (not really) waiting for the next episode! Telltale has been delivering some of their finest work. I greatly enjoyed Season 1 (first Telltale game I bought), but this is on another level!

• Welcome friend :)

• Thanks! Glad to be here!

ManBat posted: »

Welcome friend

• Don't tell me what to do.

Also welcome :)

• DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!

MLGTelltale posted: »

Matt hardy is that you?

• Cold, solid proof we aren't getting 4 this month.
    "The adventure continues in 2018..."

from the newest blog post

• Welcome! ?

• Nooooo...

Perhaps "only" 35days left until episode 4! Yay!

• Welcome! Yeah, this season is amazing. Top notch.

• Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome! Yeah, this season is amazing. Top notch.

• edited December 2017

Welcome @DCMarvelFanGuy and @WildKnight73! Nice to have other new people here. :) I think I joined last month, or maybe after that, so I'm pretty new to. This portion of threads has been fun so far and I hope you two enjoy!

• That's the impression I am getting. So far, so good! You have all been great company!

GamerLady posted: »

Welcome @DCMarvelFanGuy and @WildKnight73! Nice to have other new people here. I think I joined last month, or maybe after that, so I'm pretty new to. This portion of threads has been fun so far and I hope you two enjoy!

• edited December 2017

Not related in any way to the subject being discussed right now but surely I'm not the only one noticing the very obvious technology step-up from the previous game, Telltale have significantly improved the visuals. I've noticed materials seem a bit more physically based though I would not go as far as to say the assets have been authored with PBR. I like the bokeh addition (for those who don't know look here https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/BokehDepthOfField.html) though this is in truth very far from the very best I've seen, but welcome addition nonetheless.

Performance wise I can't complain : 60fps all the way and no weird asset streaming stuttering like in the first season.

Honestly there are just two or three features I'd like to see :
    1) An in-game resolution slider. It would allow weaker machines to further tailor the game and those with enough horsepower could crank-up the res to combat the sadly very obvious aliasing.
    2) You guessed it, a solid TAA would do wonder for this game. MSAA is no longer cost-effective and while TAA is no less a compromise it's very much in line with what modern game engines require.
    The Enemy Within has quite frankly horrible IQ with plenty of shimmering and pixel crawling, especially obvious around the Batcomputer when you launch the game.
    3) A setting to cache as many data in VRAM as possible. This would further reduce the asset streaming issues. High-end PC gamers may not be Telltale's demographic but it will only improve the image of their engine.

Come on Telltale programmers, do justice to your wonderful colleagues from the art team. Their work deserve decent IQ to go with it.

• edited December 2017

This is fine!

AChicken posted: »

Cold, solid proof we aren't getting 4 this month. "The adventure continues in 2018..." from the newest blog post

• Telltale's twitter account posted this about an hour ago:

To our friends, families, and fans - thank you for your support in 2017.
    The adventure continues in 2018.

So it looks like we're definitely waiting until 2018 for episode four.

• There was not any doubt whatsoever.

• Wow, people actually got the "Broken" Matt reference, very proud of myself right now lol
    Anyway, I think the 16th can be set in stone as the release date. Don't see them going for the 23rd

• Im gonna stick with my bet on 23 January...
    But I will not be sad if you are correct @Tasos_12io ;)

Yeah, wanna do a bet? Here goes my guess... 23 January.

• I think the 16th will be the release date, just because I'm pretty sure the episode is pretty much done and ready for release, so it shouldn't take them long after the holidays. Tbh, I'm ok with the 23rd as well. The quality of the episodes is so good that I don't mind the wait at all

Im gonna stick with my bet on 23 January... But I will not be sad if you are correct @Tasos_12io

• How can you even be remotely "sure" the episode is done ? Just because it has been submitted to rating orgs ?

Polishing is a crucial step in production. And it does take time.

Tasos_12io posted: »

I think the 16th will be the release date, just because I'm pretty sure the episode is pretty much done and ready for release, so it shouldn

• That's one factor yeah. But I don't think they would leave it for after the holidays. It's basically an instict

How can you even be remotely "sure" the episode is done ? Just because it has been submitted to rating orgs ? Polishing is a crucial step in production. And it does take time.

• edited December 2017

I've been thinking: What if we're wrong?
    What if John doesn't become the true villain by the end of this season? I'm sure he'll become the Joker, but I don't think he'll be ousting the Pact.
    Episode 5's description mentions "The looming threat on Gotham reaches its boiling point" and that fits quite well with Episode 2's description of "A criminal conspiracy is growing in the shadows, threatening the entire city."

So, I'm betting the EP5 silhouette is just a reference to Batman's fight with the Joker as an important plot point, but we'll still have the Pact to deal with. They'll probably still be a large force for Batman to deal with, and John won't become the complete mastermind by that point just yet.
    He needs to leave the nest first, and I don't think he's at a point to do that just yet. He needs more growth as a lethal and capable force on his own to get to that level, and I don't think we have that amount of time in the next episodes for that twist.

All speculation here, so I could be totally wrong, but that's how I envision the final conflict right now.

• I never thought he'll become the true villain of the season. He's always playing people, small hints of him being manipulative here and there., but I don't belive he's playing a big game. He's just trying to find himself for now, and more like in between the hammer and the anvil state in this whole conlfict between the Pact, the Agency, Sanctus and Batman. The events of this season will shape him, that's all, our main focus seems to be SANCTUS.
    What I DO expect from him, as a side effect, is him messing the whole play at the most unexpected moment. I expect him to explode for some reason, and go rogue. He's not lethal by himself, but he's considered harmless by the most people, and it gives him an advantage he is fully aware of. He basically can do ANYTHING while nobody is looking, and he can do a lot, he have access to the Pact secrets, and they own a lot of lethal toys. If they'll come into possession of the technologies SANCTUS owning, he'll get the access to even more lethal force. More than that, he have information on everyone, he gathers it, about places, people, he can use it as a weapon.
    The hints of him exploding is most shown if you're leave Harley behind in the second episode, and sacrifacing yourself in the third. Both times he's trying to do something, but he's doing it the wrong way, because he doesnt' know how to force people to do what he wants yet, and he have no respect or reputation among the Pact. So nobody listens to him, and he is left stressed out and feeling helpless. For now he's just walking away with his tail between his legs, but you can see The Big Boom coming. Harley says he lacks the spine to lie to her, little she know, and so does the Pact.
    So I do believe we'll be fighting mostly SANCTUS and dealing with the Pact, but I also expect John to pop up with something during the final confrontations with the main threat.
    Like, everyone is focused on the SANCTUS and their technologies, Bruce focused on taking down the Pact and the SANCTUS, the Pact is trying to get away from the Agency, and when John's randomly jumps on the scene with threats to poison Gotham's water reservoir with that virus we've seen on the video, lol. Something like that.
    John more likely will become big ugly side effect of this war, but I expect real threat from SANCTUS. For now they're intriguing, but very ambiguous. I'm interested in them, but they more like a word in a sentence. Where is nothing personal between their bunch and the player, unlike the Pact and other forces in this game. So they need to make it personal. I'm a little afraid TT might not be able to do it in 2 remaining episodes, but I will hope. =D

AChicken posted: »

I've been thinking: What if we're wrong? What if John doesn't become the true villain by the end of this season? I'm sure he'll become the

• So excited for this. S1 was rather vanilla and boring imho but Telltale has done a great job with S2. Every episode has been exciting and awesome, really hope they can nail the final two

• edited December 2017

By the way, what do you think will be in season 3 if they're starting to do. This season at Selina with Bruce, everything seems to be "serious", what will be in 3 if they will be together. So I think in 5 episodes between them, something will happen. Seline will most likely have to leave the city, or as in the movie Batman: the Return(1992), it is through the power left him. I have a speculation that in season 3 will appear, or Waist, or Robin.

• Wow, that discussion kinda died!

• Wait until some news or trailer pop up in January,then it'll go wild again

max_pain943 posted: »

Wow, that discussion kinda died!

• edited December 2017

Because the likely release is the 23rd, not much to talk about until the 18th when the trailer will drop

Sign in to comment in this discussion.