Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• Forgot to post this earlier, but the first trailer for the newest season of Agents of SHIELD got released few days ago. And it looks great.

• Over on the Marvel Studios subreddit, people are posting leaked screens from the Infinity War trailer, so heads up for spoilers.

• When is the first trailer coming out?

Over on the Marvel Studios subreddit, people are posting leaked screens from the Infinity War trailer, so heads up for spoilers.

• They still haven't said anything about it; it could be later this month or next month probably. I think Civil War's trailer also came out around November.

AronDracula posted: »

When is the first trailer coming out?

• Soo, Punisher is streaming now. Anyone started it already? What do you think so far?

• I am only at Episode 6, but so far it seems interesting. It deals with some interesting themes about effects of war, information (propaganda) and secrecy.

Pipas posted: »

Soo, Punisher is streaming now. Anyone started it already? What do you think so far?

• Just got back from seeing Thor Ragnorak. I was a bit worried they would try to over do the comedy based on what I heard, but it honestly wasn't over done.

I loved the "Son of Odin"/"Son of a bitch" joke in particular. :p And, I gotta give them kudos for their use of Immigrant Song.

• Forgive me, but this will be a confession/rant:

I secretly want Thanos to win and crush all the good guys.

But with Disney showing more film plans into the future, I know Thanos will fail.

Thanos will be defeated, and after many trials and tribulations, the heroes remerge triumphant and all will be well.

Ugh.

The reason being the X-Men fan in me is still hurt. I hoped Thanos by defeating a variety of the heroes will make the fans loose faith, and who am I kidding?

X-Men films from Fox have reduced the series to a laughing stock of spin offs.

I'm sad. I know the classic characters from Apocalypse will return...but for me, it won't be the same.

I have said Logan was going to be the final X-film for me. But I've decided to award that honor to the upcoming Deadpool sequel.

I don't know why I have it against the MCU that makes me resent it. I'm sick and tired of being angry about this.

• I was never a fan of X-Men until they made Logan and Deadpool but I still don't plan on watching the old movies anytime soon but I sure will be excited for Deadpool 2 and the upcoming X-23 spin-off movie.

MaconMajr posted: »

Forgive me, but this will be a confession/rant: I secretly want Thanos to win and crush all the good guys. But with Disney showing mor

• Uh, why would that make fans lose faith? The story that the movie is based on literally had Thanos wrecking the heroes and killing nearly everyone from the literal snap of his fingers after obtaining the gauntlet. Yet the story is still one of the greatest cosmic marvel events

Forgive me, but this will be a confession/rant: I secretly want Thanos to win and crush all the good guys. But with Disney showing mor

• I'm just angry that the X-Men series I've admired for a time and was MAJORLY BURNED by the third entry, then two entries restored my faith and I was happy. Now, with Jackman and Stewart leaving the roles of their characters, it feels now like whats the point? Sure, the continuity in X verse is flawed and questionable but I believe Days of Future Past straightened it correct. And I'm upset that James Marsden, Anna Paquin or any of the other original cast won't get a chance to get their characters to really shine.

Meanwhile, just about everything coming from the MCU is still pure gold and a win with every flick. It will be talked about for generations.

And Infinity War will be the entry which will grant the series immortality for all and Disney will accumulate more money than many corporations and businesses dream to make.

Show me the sliver lining in this cloud.

Uh, why would that make fans lose faith? The story that the movie is based on literally had Thanos wrecking the heroes and killing nearly ev

• you seriously should watch the first 2 x-men films, they're absolute fucking masterpieces.

I was never a fan of X-Men until they made Logan and Deadpool but I still don't plan on watching the old movies anytime soon but I sure will be excited for Deadpool 2 and the upcoming X-23 spin-off movie.

• Yeah, I heard they're pretty good. I'll probably do it when they release a trailer for X-23 Spin-off movie.

you seriously should watch the first 2 x-men films, they're absolute fucking masterpieces.

• Also don't forget Days of Future Past. And First Class of course. Steer clear of the others, who shall remain nameless.

you seriously should watch the first 2 x-men films, they're absolute fucking masterpieces.

• Oh yeah those are definitely good too. I'd also recommend Apocalypse but it's for sure nowhere near as good as the other 2 in the trilogy.

Also don't forget Days of Future Past. And First Class of course. Steer clear of the others, who shall remain nameless.

• That I do know. The only good things I liked from it were Magneto finally getting amends to some of his life and the Phoenix raptor bird I'd been waiting to seen made justice for nearly thirteen years.

Oh yeah those are definitely good too. I'd also recommend Apocalypse but it's for sure nowhere near as good as the other 2 in the trilogy.

• Marvel Studios announced that we get the Infinity War trailer tomorrow! I'm pretty hyped to see it, especially since this will be a direct trailer instead of a leak.

• Awesome, I heard they were going to release the trailer in the same day they release The Last Jedi in theaters but sooner is better. I'm excited.

Marvel Studios announced that we get the Infinity War trailer tomorrow! I'm pretty hyped to see it, especially since this will be a direct trailer instead of a leak.

• edited November 2017

I have been avoiding the leak. I know the "signature" scene but I haven't seen it. I am really excited to see the trailer.

"Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives." - Thanos The Mad Titan

Marvel Studios announced that we get the Infinity War trailer tomorrow! I'm pretty hyped to see it, especially since this will be a direct trailer instead of a leak.

• The long awaited trailer is HERE! :D

• That trailer was so good. May can't come soon enough.

lupinb0y posted: »

The long awaited trailer is HERE!

• edited November 2017

So hyped for this. I'm really excited for the Guardians of the Galaxy's appearance and interactions with others. They've been the most disconnected from MCU overall. Even Ego's space plan in Vol. 2 didn't seem to catch the attention of many people on Earth. It's just: "A glowing blue blob behind Dairy Queen? Meh, no need to investigate that."

• Gave me goosebumps when they put the main theme song at the end of the video. SO FUCKING HYPED!!!!

• That trailer looked so badass! I hope that the actual movie tones down on some of the quipiness that recent Marvel movies have had, but beyond that, I'm stoked to see it.

• I'm sooo glad Marvel chose to change the colors for Spider-Man's Iron Armor, I never liked that costume in the comics, it makes me think of someone but Peter Parker, like a son of Iron Man.
    But this one? Man, this is THE shit. This is the costume for Spider-Man going to war.

• infinity war looks like a movie

infinity war looks like a movie

• If I had to put every marvel movie I've seen from best to worst this would be it
    Thor ragnarok
    Avengers
    Thor
    Captain America the winter soldier
    Thor TDW
    Captain America TFA
    Avengers AOU
    Antman
    Guardians of the galaxy VOL 1
    Iron man
    Note: These are just the ones I've seen so keep that in mind

• edited January 2018

I'm soooooooooooooo excited for Infinity war

• Well after seeing that Black Panther clip I'm for sure not seeing it. It seems like A LOT of unreal stuff and normal super hero story stuff. I mean I know irom man, Thor, Falcon, Ant-Man, etc do some crazy stuff but Black Panther is just a dude almost every super hero has some kind of something. I mean Iron Man has this crazy suit same goes with Ant-Man, Falcon has those robotic wings but Black Panther has nothing. This is just my opinion I'm typing this know I'll get told off or something. The only this that might be good about this movie is the guy who plays Bilbo Baggins acting it's hard seeing him in a movie and not thinking about sherlock or Middle-Earth but he may be good in a Marvel movie. Also we have the guy who is snok,Kona, and Golum in this. Hey now that I think of it there are a lot of actors in this that have to do with The Hobbit.

• Also we have the guy who is snok,Kona, and Gollum in this.

You're thinking of Andy Serkis. The way you spelled "Snoke" threw me off for a second... :D

Sbs1280 posted: »

Well after seeing that Black Panther clip I'm for sure not seeing it. It seems like A LOT of unreal stuff and normal super hero story stuff.

• Sry I forgot to put the E

Also we have the guy who is snok,Kona, and Gollum in this. You're thinking of Andy Serkis. The way you spelled "Snoke" threw me off for a second...

• Official trailer for Ant Man sequel for everyone who missed it.

• Whoa. Did not expect this today.

Official trailer for Ant Man sequel for everyone who missed it.

• To me it looks a lot better then the first I hope it is

Official trailer for Ant Man sequel for everyone who missed it.

• Same but I'm still waiting on a Solo trailer

AChicken posted: »

Whoa. Did not expect this today.

• The trailer looked better than I was expecting, although I'm confused how it will work out being placed between Infinity War and Avengers 4 while still being compelling as a solo-movie.

• I think it might be before IW

The trailer looked better than I was expecting, although I'm confused how it will work out being placed between Infinity War and Avengers 4 while still being compelling as a solo-movie.

• Since The New Mutants got held back I'm sooooooooooo nervous that IW will too

Sign in to comment in this discussion.