“Honor” Episode Discussion

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited March 2018 in The Walking Dead

So, Season 8 of the show is back on tonight. I got to say, I’m not that excited. I liked the twist from the mid-season finale, but this show has got to get some solid episodes under its belt ASAP. Quality ain’t as high as it used to be.

But I’m glad we’ll watch together (how many of us are still doing this). As always (like 3 seasons ago) comment before, while, and after you watch.

Tagged:

Comments

• JERRY WILL SURVIVE THIS WAR!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

• Yeah, that was pretty comforting.

Carl is doing everything I would do if I was bit. Writing letters, taking pictures, listening to a far too upbeat sounding song to while his impending doom awaits.

JERRY WILL SURVIVE THIS WAR!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

• When will children ever learn to stay the hell away from Carol.

• Morgan is acting like me playing a stealth game. No survivors.

• Did Morgan just rip out another person's intestines?

• Seeing Negan in that little dream thing, even though it was less than 15 seconds, was some levity I needed.

The show hasn’t made me this sad in a while. Chandler Riggs really did a great job. I am glad he has a lot of future in acting. So young, so talented. Great episode. At least I think so. Catharsis.

• OK just saw the episode and Chandler Riggs did an amazing job I haven't felt this saddened by a character's death in a long time probably since Dale's death back in Season 2. Chandler seems like a really humble and respectful person out of the show. I did think it was a bit too soon to say goodbye to Carl.
    Also one final thing about this episode that seems to have slipped everyone's mind is the ending scene with Rick leaning against the tree. It feels like Carl's death might've been dream or something Rick has thought of while bleeding out. The clothes Rick is wearing is the same like the clothes he had in last season's finale episode. Also the wound was in the same area Jadis shot Rick and makes believe that some of Carl's scenes were not real I know it might sound crazy but I just think it is a possibility because why show that little clip at the end of episode if it amounts to nothing? Let me know your thoughts.

• What a great episode,don't care what people say i still love this show.

• I actually liked this episode, I think Carl's death was well done. However, I still think killing Carl was an overall mistake, luckily his death scenes weren't badly written. However the savior outpost guy? Again, another case of "This character can have development-oh nvm he ded" happens again. I dont know why the show keeps doing this. I dont care about this stupid Henry kid, I dont care about his brother. The show needs to stop thinking we care about these minor characters, they have almost no screen time, then they go away for episodes, and now Im expected to care about these nobodies. So the savior guy is killed because "NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ZONE" by the stupid kid we dont really care about. Its just boring, I already knew they were going to pull a "oh will he change?" but will still die by the end of the episode.

Overall, I did like this episode, something I havent said about the TV show in a long time now. However, this shows main issue is nothing really happens until the premier, mid-season break/premier and season finale. So sadly, Im already expecting a whole lot of nothing until the last episode.

• I have to say it was one of the best episodes we had in a long time.

• Or at the very least, the best mid season premiere.

• edited February 2018

So sadly, Im already expecting a whole lot of nothing until the last episode.

In the next episode,Rick to Negan : I'm gonna kill you.

OH MY GOD JUST KILL HIM ALREADY

Just joking, but i liked this episode more than the first half of the season i'm not gonna lie.

Poogers555 posted: »

I actually liked this episode, I think Carl's death was well done. However, I still think killing Carl was an overall mistake, luckily his d

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I thought it was a decent episode but i thought they dragged Carl's death out for a bit too long, by the time he was about to die i was thinking "just get on with it".

I guess part if me not enjoying Carl's death was because i am still annoyed with Scott Gimple's decision to kill Carl as there where some good comic moments that will now not happen or will happen to a different character.

I liked the parts with Morgan and Carol and was impressed with him disemboweling that guy and i wonder how he will leave TWD for FTWD.

• im just sad we will never get the carl and lydia story

• Enid or Daryl will take Carl's place though lol.

Erinour posted: »

im just sad we will never get the carl and lydia story

• Haha I can just see it now Daryl becoming a lady’s man

torkahn808 posted: »

Enid or Daryl will take Carl's place though lol.

• This episode couldve been 10 minutes

• The Cringing Dead

Sign in to comment in this discussion.