What changes to deceased/determinant/unknown characters would you make if you could change things?

Comments

• Jane s probably dead while kenny has a bigger chance of surviving its still hard for him to be alive.

garry0713 posted: »

Is Kenny/ Jane a determinant character? I saw the character list here: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Season_3_(Video_Game) said they'r

• so im gonna change the entire thing i wrote before about a new frontier firstly i would have changed some things from season 2 For example Making it possible for Nick to live but be double determinant and be able to die or survive the shootout with the russians. Second the obvious Luke surviving the ice lake scene except Bonnie would be the one to die determinantly depending on one choice: Go thought the ice Lake to get there faster and risk someone drowning or go thought the longer route going around it while being safer? If they go thought the ice lake Bonnie sacrifices herself helping Luke out of the ice but drowning in the process ((Much like Luke does if you try to help him instead of covering him.)) while if they go around the lake both of them survive the season .
    Sarah would also be determinantly alive by having Jane be able to save her after she falls instead of a brick just conviniently happening to fall on Jane s head after she tries to help Sarah.
    Also for the S2 finale i would remove Kenny s determinant status but Keep Jane s .
    If you shoot Kenny you would end up missing and hitting him in a non vital spot but just enough to make him let go of Jane. Jane would then try to finish him off but they would be interrupted by Luke separating the fight with Determinantly Bonnie and Sarah showing up just after.
    You would then get a choice to go to Howe s, Back to the Cabin or Continue searching for Wellington.
    Howe s would be the same as before except without Jane s suicide in a flashback.
    Wellington would have Clem . AJ and determinantly Sarah staying there for the timeskip and when Wellington is attacked Clem manages to Get away with Edith and Sarah if she s alive they then find Kenny and the others Camp since they were waiting for wellington to need New people they then decide to head South together.
    The Cabin would just have them staying there for the timeskip but have them leave because their supplies are running out ((Especially the Magical Baby Formula that somehow appears in the alone ending too.))
    now for the actual beggining of a New frontier.
    i would not change anything from the beggining up until when Javier meets Clementine.
    Depending on a point system Clementine would either be with Kenny or Luke when they stop the train ((If Nick is alive then it defaults to him showing up))
    when you get to Prescott you find out Clem and the others became members of the Prescott group except Sarah,Jane and Bonnie would be missing.
    Nick: If nick is alive when you go to the Junkyard he will go with Clementine , Javier and either Tripp or Eleanor.
    Nick will spot Badger attempting to shoot Mariana and pushes her out of the way getting himself killed instead which enrages Clementine.
    You would then get a scene in episode 2 if you stay with Clementine of Javier and Clementine burying Nick and determinantly if Clem had the watch she would put it in Nick s grave.
    Jane: If Jane survives the fight with Kenny then she s around for the first second and 3rd flashbacks
    in the first flashback you see the group going out to hunt something for them to eat and you get a choice of who go with ((Nick, Luke or Jane.))
    which would give more background on each of them depending on who you pick.
    Jane would have had her baby but he would have died in Birth .
    in the 2nd Flashback Ava showns up and invites them to join the New frontier to which Kenny , Luke ((And Sarah with Edith if they re alive)) Agree while Nick is unsure and Jane is voicing her opinion about not liking idea Clem can voice her opinion too but ultimately they end up joining the New frontier.
    in the 3rd flashback its the usual with Clementine sneaking off and stealing the medicine the entire group wants to go with Clem after David exiles her but Kenny and Clem tell Sarah to stay because they wanted her to be safe and after convincing her she ends up staying in Richmond ((Eventually helping Dr Lingard with the wounded since she learned some things with her father Sarah would help them with the truck in episode 4 but would get found out by the early risers and be executed later by Joan.))
    Just after they get exiled you see a scene where Clem and the others are in a road when they get attacked by Scavengers and if Jane and Edith are alive they get separated from the others and when you eventually find them you see Edith with a bullet in her head and 2 bodies from the scavengers that were following them together with a dropped Nail file making Jane s status unknown ((Thought if Edith is not with them then you see Jane s dead body with a bullet in her head.))
    the 4th flashback s the usual thing with Ava delivering them some supplies and most of them starting to trust her again except Kenny who s still mad at her for taking AJ ((To which clementine can agree if you pick it.))
    i would have added a 2nd flashback in episode 4 of Clementine finding out about Joan attacking other groups and Joan finds her Group and tells her that if she tells anyone from Richmond about them she will kill them ((And if Bonnie s alive she tells Badger to shoot her and tells Clementine that if she opens her Mouth they will end up like her.))
    ill probably edit something more on this later.

• It'd also help if you editted your stuff into sections so as to make it easier for people to read through without getting confused and/or skipping it out of laziness

UrbanRodrik posted: »

so im gonna change the entire thing i wrote before about a new frontier firstly i would have changed some things from season 2 For example M

• What me??? But i did edit my writing into sections. Bullet point lists and titled the episodes for each part. Was your comment directed at me?

DabigRG posted: »

It'd also help if you editted your stuff into sections so as to make it easier for people to read through without getting confused and/or skipping it out of laziness

• No, it's directed at @UrbanRodrik, the guy whose comment has my reply attached to it and matches my criticism. :wink:

dan290786 posted: »

What me??? But i did edit my writing into sections. Bullet point lists and titled the episodes for each part. Was your comment directed at me?

• Ahh ok it just said on my feed it was a reply to my comment lol

No, it's directed at @UrbanRodrik, the guy whose comment has my reply attached to it and matches my criticism.

• sorry. ill fix it later.

It'd also help if you editted your stuff into sections so as to make it easier for people to read through without getting confused and/or skipping it out of laziness

• Ah i have missed my thread.

• Oh goody--an excuse for me to pick back up my Season 2 rewrites and do writeups on the characters I never got around to.

Ah, what adventures we shall have.

• Lol you should. I would write what i would change about S3 but i would be here for 3 years writing it probably, plus i dont know the game as well as the other 2 because i could only stomach playing this game once (sort of twice trying out the different choices which were pointless anyway) and the 3rd reason i guess is that I don’t want to dedicate my time talking about a shit game

Oh goody--an excuse for me to pick back up my Season 2 rewrites and do writeups on the characters I never got around to. Ah, what adventures we shall have.

• Holy shit, telltale should hire you to do the script.

• Telltale, hire this man!

• Thank you for reading! I appreciate the kind words

Mr.house posted: »

Holy shit, telltale should hire you to do the script.

• Thank you so much for reading it all! Kind of you to say

Fangirl101 posted: »

Telltale, hire this man!

• ?..

Oh goody--an excuse for me to pick back up my Season 2 rewrites and do writeups on the characters I never got around to. Ah, what adventures we shall have.

• Did a doubletake there, I see. :lol:

?..

• Haha i am trying to keep the thread going

• Ah, fair enough.

• Okay, so here's a assignment that I think would be best suited if asked here: Let's say you're a writer and/or scene planner or whatever at Telltale when A New Frontier was in around the 50% final stage of production. You get work on the flashbacks in Part 1, specifically the Clementine ones.

If it was mandated that you had to kill off Kenny, Jane, and (maybe?) Edith, how would go about creating the scene and the method of their death?

• There wouldn’t be a flashback scene if i wrote it. The 3 of them would be involved as important characters to the season. If not then their deaths would be handled A LOT better

Okay, so here's a assignment that I think would be best suited if asked here: Let's say you're a writer and/or scene planner or whatever at

• edited January 2018

Hm...hm...fascinating.

Now tell me something I don't know. :lol:

There wouldn’t be a flashback scene if i wrote it. The 3 of them would be involved as important characters to the season. If not then their deaths would be handled A LOT better

• Hahaha i have to continue repeating myself until a TT writer sees it and responds to my comment with a decent answer lol

Hm...hm...fascinating. Now tell me something I don't know.

• If possible for Season 2 have a good portion of the Cabin group survive and continue travels with Clementine. Namely Nick, Rebecca, Luke and Sarah. Give them moments of characterization and maybe some new skills to contribute to survival. Maybe even have Clementine be the teacher.

For Season 1 Chuck not to get cornered by lurkers and do more with the group. And near the end, go on a separate way, secure in the knowledge that all will be well. (Wishful thinking)
    Maybe even have Lilly returning in the RV somehow to work into the story.

I won't bother with Jane, since in goodness knows how many posts I've wished things were different for her and I've expressed what I felt could've been beneficial.

• Hmm.. Carvers story ended (like it should've) at the end of episode 3. Prolonging it wouldn't feel right.

Also I think that instead of Lilly being left at the motor inn, becuase many of us like Lilly, she should've come any way and perhaps she tries to shoot Ben/Carley but someone stops her and so she gets handcuffed anyway and the same scenario would happen as if you took her with you (steals the RV). Or maybe this whole time she was boiling up because it "wasn't going to be easier out on the road" so she takes the RV that way.

• Achoo! Bless me ?

• seems like you have symptoms of necroposting

Achoo! Bless me ?

• It’s nice to see my thread again once in a while :)

cutupuss- posted: »

seems like you have symptoms of necroposting

• That it is--I just didn't expect you would be the one to bump it!

It’s nice to see my thread again once in a while

• So does anyone feel like sharing their own ideas on what they would have made better about Seasons 1 and 2? You can even share your ideas on changes to Season 3 now if you want seeing as when i made this thread the game hadn’t even been made! Hell i might add a Season 3 section someday on the complete overhaul of changes i’d make to that awful game. It’s just a shame that i’d probably struggle to type it up because i hate it so much lol

• Simple for me, Molly joins the crew and is there at the end after Lee dies. I think having her leave was an incredible waste.

• edited May 2018

Ava or Tripp would survive ANF. If Clem is on good terms with ava, she would join her and die at the end of Episode 2 in TFS. If Javi sided with David in Ep 3, you could ask her to help you run Richmond and she would agree, if you sided with Kate, she would disagree. This conversation would happen after Jesus leaves, the haircut scene then happens and afterwards is when Clem asks Ava. If Ava agreed to run Richmond, she would bring it up and Javi would choose whether she should go with Clem or stay. Tripp would go to check on Eleanor in ep 5 instead of going with Javi and co and Javi can offer him to be co-leader at the end, if you didn't shoot Conrad he would accept either way, if you did then he would only accept if you supported his relationship with Eleanor OR told the truth about Eli AND went with him to the junkyard. If you chose 2/3 then he will agree. Clem could also ask Tripp to come with her but he would refuse if he accepted Javis offer or come along if he didn't. He also would die at end of ep 2 or survive if he stayed with Javi

• edited May 2018

For non-"spoilery" sake, I'll just bring up one ANF character for now. I believe brought this up and talked about it a bit in one place or another a while back, but one of the bigger changes I would've made is Gabe being determinant in a non-lethal manner.

Under the conditions of the finale we ended up with, of course.

• ???

For non-"spoilery" sake, I'll just bring up one ANF character for now. I believe brought this up and talked about it a bit in one place or a

• edited May 2018

*What the FOQ kinda reaction is THAT?!_ :joy:
    Doy!

???

• I needed to add something pointless. How is this though....

Fuck Gabe!

*What the FOQ kinda reaction is THAT?!_ Doy!

• I needed to add something pointless.

Oh. Funnily enough, I actually popped those into google for their meaning and editted around that.

How is this though....

Fuck Gabe!

Not berry positive.

I needed to add something pointless. How is this though.... Fuck Gabe!

• edited May 2018

???

• edited May 2018

Lol! Also Clem’s face is how she feels about Season 3 haha

Cocoa2736 posted: »

• Interestingly enough, there was a post years ago that basically did that, merging the two encounters into one, though I don't remember if either one were supposed to be killed.

It was arguably very minute inspiration for what I did with Michelle.

• Fuck Gabe!

Don't do it, he is 14!

I needed to add something pointless. How is this though.... Fuck Gabe!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.