A New Frontier.... wasn't actually that bad?

13»

Comments

• He was probably stated as being bi to appeal to LGBT members, or to add a little more information about his personal life.

Or a simple handwave to justify the pandering to comic fans via That-Paul-Guy.

how he got booted from the major leagues for gambling.

I recall someone mentioning that he was originally supposed to be booted for being drunk or something?
    Either way, I imagine it was because that bet involved breaching some sort of good behavior/publicity clause that led to an uproar or such resulting in him getting banned.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Being bi in real life isn't a choice, you just like what you like. In The Walking Dead, it's a decision developers make to add character. He

• Why not make it clear Javi is bi from the start instead of being so afraid of doing that and making it so its revealed he is bi 2 minutes before we never see him ever again.

Well, this unfortunately begs the question: What type of behavior exactly constitutes that of someone going both ways?

Poogers555 posted: »

Making Javi bi last second is just kinda annoying after doing the whole forced Kate romance and then "oh yeah im bi too" which doesnt really

• What type of behavior exactly constitutes that of someone going both ways?

Being flirtatious with other guys, kinda like how he was when he first met Eleanor.

DabigRG posted: »

Why not make it clear Javi is bi from the start instead of being so afraid of doing that and making it so its revealed he is bi 2 minutes be

• What cosmic boy said.

It would have been super easy if during the scene where Kate is saying she has feelings for Javi if you could lead the convo into Javi talking about his sexual preferences.

Why not make it clear Javi is bi from the start instead of being so afraid of doing that and making it so its revealed he is bi 2 minutes be

• Poogers555 What cosmic boy said.

It would have been super easy if during the scene where Kate is saying she has feelings for Javi if you could lead the convo into Javi talking about his sexual preferences.

{ Tries not to keel over in humor }

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

What type of behavior exactly constitutes that of someone going both ways? Being flirtatious with other guys, kinda like how he was when he first met Eleanor.

• edited May 2018

"Kate, I may be a Baseball player, but I don't swing that way ;) "

Poogers555 What cosmic boy said. It would have been super easy if during the scene where Kate is saying she has feelings for Javi if

• Are you seriously asking that question?

• Well, it's not like I'm remotely educated on the topic, namely regarding the males.

Are you seriously asking that question?

• Fuckin --BOO!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

"Kate, I may be a Baseball player, but I don't swing that way "

• You don't have to be "educated" to understand attraction.

Well, it's not like I'm remotely educated on the topic, namely regarding the males.

• It's terrible and the worst Telltale game ever to my knowledge.
    Bye.

• ANF is a nickel fighter, that's all. It's like watching a Michal Bay movie: disposable after the first time.
    And yet they dared to add Clementine to this colossal mess.

Clemenem posted: »

In my opinion A New Frontier fails on almost every level as a game, sequel and even story. It disregards Season 2's endings as a direct insu

• The problem with ANF is the horrible way they handled Kenny/Jane. That was a huge decision, one alot of people had trouble with and some people are very passionate about (either way).

The story itself is good IMO. If it was a 5 episode DLC of a side family during the apocalypse then people wouldn't hate on it as much.

• The problem is that ANF is not a game ... Maybe a Mexican soap opera chapter, but not a game.

Melton23 posted: »

A new frontier was good. People, especially these days, forget that the purpose of video games are to have fun and to enjoy yourself, not to

• Absolutely true.

U can say it was an average game on its own but for a series it wasn't.

• Are not video games art? That's right, master.

The thing is though, that video games are not, and we’re never intended to be art. Sure there’re hints of it here and there and it’s wonderful, but looking for artistic value instead of entertainment is just... not how it’s done???

• Clementine, as well as AJ, even went from a plot device to ANF.

Poogers555 posted: »

Gabe has 0 change, Conrad suddenly goes "sorry for being mean ;'(" and has like 3 minutes of determinate screen time after episode 2, cant t

• Wow ... later, he did not understand anything. Why am I not surprised by this?

Holy shit.... yeah, you still don’t understand. Now here’s some emojis that people use online to wind other people up because they’re wrong about something. ?????

• None of telltale’s games are games...

Firefox1972 posted: »

The problem is that ANF is not a game ... Maybe a Mexican soap opera chapter, but not a game.

• Wow!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

"Kate, I may be a Baseball player, but I don't swing that way "

• So without wanting to start World War III, what's a game for you?

None of telltale’s games are games...

• Something with actual gameplay that doesn’t involve pressing 4 buttons to initiate dialogue? These games are more like interactive movies.

So without wanting to start World War III, what's a game for you?

• But this has always been the proposals of the Telltale games since Sam & Max. It's in the company gene.

Something with actual gameplay that doesn’t involve pressing 4 buttons to initiate dialogue? These games are more like interactive movies.

• So in other words they’re interactive movies

But this has always been the proposals of the Telltale games since Sam & Max. It's in the company gene.

• Well ... it is impossible to reason rationally with the undisputed.

So in other words they’re interactive movies

• It’s impossible to reason with anybody with a different opinion than you, even if you provide solid evidence like I’ve done multiple times in the past, people are ignorant here. The internet is the land of the trolls, the shit talkers and the whiners after all, one of the most uncivilised places on the planets, where you can’t go anywhere for getting flamed for having an opinion.

Well ... it is impossible to reason rationally with the undisputed.

• I've got to ask. What does GTA 3 demon mean?

gta3demon posted: »

The problem with ANF is the horrible way they handled Kenny/Jane. That was a huge decision, one alot of people had trouble with and some peo

• The problem with ANF is the horrible way they handled Kenny/Jane

Eeeh, I wouldn't say it was THE problem, but eh, to each their own.

If it was a 5 episode DLC of a side family during the apocalypse then people wouldn't hate on it as much.

Yeah, unfortunately for the people who were tolerating and/or clinging of her, Clementeen really didn't add that much to the story herself.

gta3demon posted: »

The problem with ANF is the horrible way they handled Kenny/Jane. That was a huge decision, one alot of people had trouble with and some peo

• I liked cause of Conrad. He made the season

• It has like a 75% on Steam, so I think most people thought it was at the very least alright. I personally thought the characters were definitely given better development cause they y'know actually HAD satisfying CHARACTER ARCS, something S2 forgot to do. Plus Conrad.

So yeah, I really liked ANF. I recognize its flaws, but I also recognize the many good things it did as well

• I personally thought the characters were definitely given better development cause they y'know actually HAD satisfying CHARACTER ARCS

Uuuh...again, yes and no.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

It has like a 75% on Steam, so I think most people thought it was at the very least alright. I personally thought the characters were defini

• It is fine that you like the game. I personally don’t hate it as much as most of the forum members do. But still, I can’t deny that the development trouble behind this game. Melissa (Clem’s voice actor) once said in an interview something a lot of stuff have been cut. Also the sudden four months gap between EP 1-2 and EP 3 suggest heavy rewriting is going on and this is shown given the inconsistency with Richmond, where the previous episodes states that it was just a normal community and the New Frontier invaded while EP 3 implies that the New Frontier has always been in Richmond. And the ending was quite weird that Javier and Kate are staying in Richmond and lead, which stretches my suspension of disbelief considering they are outsiders and the remaining survivors in Richmond would even allow them to stay.

All in all, the troublesome development really bleed into the game which seriously harmed its quality.

• Only thing I didn't like about it was how at one point, a sad/tragic moment had me dying laughing.

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR S3: When the truck gets motoloved and crashes into the wall, to me it was hilarious how Clem tries to warn Javier about the truck going to explode, but midway through her sentence it cuts to the truck exploding.

Just the fact that it happened in a split second with no build up was comical to me. Just my opinion though.

For the most part I enjoyed Season 3, next to Season 2 it was probably my favorite.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.