Christa Speculation

So if @AnEvilHag on Twitter can be believed, Christa WILL indeed make an appearance in the final season. Well, what role will she have? I found it interesting when the lead writer on TFS (Jake?) Mentioned that the adults are going to be the external threat. My mind then went back to the livestream in 2016 to promote ANF...they had the cast and crew come in and livestream both seasons of TWD so far, where Gavin admitted that originally Kenny was designed to be the head of Howe's and the villain of the game, but the idea was later scrapped as they didn't feel it fit Kenny's character.

The last time we saw Christa, she was a bitter woman, torn apart by grief. She always portrayed in a leadership role, seeming confident, intelligent and hardoned. That particular character arc originally designed for Kenny would make much more sense for Christa when you think about it. Assuming Clementine had died, she moved on, away from Wellington and to Virginia for whatever reason. There she found a group and took control, doing anything she had too to survive, a shell of her former self, torn apart by losing the only people she cared about. She then finds the boardinghouse, obviously causing some major issues for Clem and co. Jake went out of his way to mention that the adults are the bad guys in the story, and while there is a possibility that some adults will aid Clementine eventually, this is the most likely situation where Christa returns in my opinion.

What do y'all think?

Tagged:

Comments

• I mean I just can’t see her being a villain towards Clem.. I mean they were close? It’s a possibility tho

• edited June 2018

If Christa was to return as an antagonist it could be really interesting and emotional so long as it is developed well. I think she could do well as a Norma-esque antagonist.

Then again a Carver-esque character who is so obsessed with shaping the next generation could also be interesting. AJ being so young and impressionable would make him one of the main targets. Though if this scenario was to happen I can't see Christa being this type of antagonist.

Another scenario that could be cool would be if Christa wasn't the main antagonist but was part the same group as this new antagonist. This would put Clementine in the position of trying to use her past relationship and infuence over Christa to convince her to switch sides.

• edited June 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong but AnEvilHag isn't an insider, just a very savvy fan who makes (at times very accurate) educated guesses based on hints, rumors and public knowledge. Bearing no disrespect but we shouldn't take her claims as complete verification no matter how accurate she was in the past.

• I don't want her to come back, Clem doesn't need a mom anymore, she will just ruin the adventures of teenager mom Celementine.

• This. People trust him because he said MC S2 was coming out. Of course it was lmao, it was a huge financial success for Telltale. He also said TFTB S2 and a 007 game was gonna happen which obviously never happened. He’s undoubtedly full of shit.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but AnEvilHag isn't an insider, just a very savvy fan who makes (at times very accurate) educated guesses based on h

• *her

This. People trust him because he said MC S2 was coming out. Of course it was lmao, it was a huge financial success for Telltale. He also said TFTB S2 and a 007 game was gonna happen which obviously never happened. He’s undoubtedly full of shit.

• No returning characters. It’s not needed again and i really think it will make the season worse as far as i am concerned, that and because I don’t want the character I fondly remembered to be most likely written terribly in the last ever game

• if they do that to Christa it just goes to show how utterly stupid the writing is...the 1st rule should be when your writing a WD episode and your new to Telltale is to Play season one from start to end,then write about the characters.

• ok but for me my Clem is the Clem from S2 who is constantly asking strangers if theyve seen Christa,that's my end goal,not being a teenage mom to AJ

Kaelthas posted: »

I don't want her to come back, Clem doesn't need a mom anymore, she will just ruin the adventures of teenager mom Celementine.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited June 2018

Sorry buddy, that Clem is dead, she has a new personality now, she started to change in Season 3, you surely will have options to have a more "soft" and kind Clementine, but the Clementine you're going to play now after NFW break kills people and doesn't feel remorseful, robs people, lies, etc. Hell, even though the teaser is not actually in the game it should give you red flags that whole "(Angery face) WHAT DO YOU DO IF I GET BITTEN!?".

And I'm surprised you rejected your Clementine being a teenager mom when she spends the entirety of NFW talking about how she's a mom, even Kenny says she's a mom.

Clemmy1 posted: »

ok but for me my Clem is the Clem from S2 who is constantly asking strangers if theyve seen Christa,that's my end goal,not being a teenage mom to AJ

• Well that's what they said the whole point of S4 is, deciding where Clem's story will end up. You're gonna have to get used to baby Alvin for a while, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't an ending that ends without AJ

ok but for me my Clem is the Clem from S2 who is constantly asking strangers if theyve seen Christa,that's my end goal,not being a teenage mom to AJ

• edited June 2018

I’ve hoped for no returning characters since Kenny came back, and I still do. As I see it, there’s only so many times you can play a card before your story loses credibility and this is a one-time card.

There’s good reason to think Christa is coming back though.

• Just on the subject of returning characters in general, I wonder what AJ would do if Arvo returned and AJ finds out he shot his mother figure of roughly six years.

• We've seen firsthand returning characters normally end up far worse off opposed to not returning.

• Christa(or Lilly to a lesser extent,) coming back and being a villain sounds like more biased wankery. Especially given that she has little reason/precedent to be against Clementine.

• You know what, that's something I never really considered.

TJ3046 posted: »

Just on the subject of returning characters in general, I wonder what AJ would do if Arvo returned and AJ finds out he shot his mother figure of roughly six years.

• What the hell could he do? Arvo could stomp him out in .35 seconds

TJ3046 posted: »

Just on the subject of returning characters in general, I wonder what AJ would do if Arvo returned and AJ finds out he shot his mother figure of roughly six years.

• Yeah, if one of my ideas for a redesign are any indication, he probably could.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

What the hell could he do? Arvo could stomp him out in .35 seconds

• I want Molly, Lilly, Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo to make a return, although I don't really see them surviving up to this point

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

Well that little shit eater Arvo does have that bum leg, so I think it could stretch to 1.47 seconds.

• It’d be nice to have one as a protagonist?? But not an antagonist. They both have never hated Clem..

• i think that's why the story is so haywire,different players are playing it from different perspectives ,im trying to find Christa,people are trying to raise AJ,people hate AJ,hell even some are trying to get back to rescue Omid's cat xD

Sorry buddy, that Clem is dead, she has a new personality now, she started to change in Season 3, you surely will have options to have a mor

• i think my Clem would be a unloving mom to AJ xD hopefully i can trade him to the teenagers for gas to get to Florida and get a boat.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Well that's what they said the whole point of S4 is, deciding where Clem's story will end up. You're gonna have to get used to baby Alvin for a while, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't an ending that ends without AJ

• Well, I never saw any dialogue option to talk about Omid's cat, and in ANF she never even mentioned Christa, hell, when she's thinking of a "friend" in Ep 2 she can even mentions Jane, she spend just 3 months with Jane, she could have mentioned Christa but she didn't.

Is not really a matter of perspective or what the player wants, is the Clementine we have to play with the options given and the character Telltale has in mind. And everything in Season 3 showed she forgot about Christa. People who dislike AJ are screwed too, why would Telltale even imagine to give you options that are negative to AJ? Even in S2 you only had positive actions regarding the baby, you couldn't say "Oh what a relief Jane killed it".

i think that's why the story is so haywire,different players are playing it from different perspectives ,im trying to find Christa,people are trying to raise AJ,people hate AJ,hell even some are trying to get back to rescue Omid's cat xD

• because Telltale try as they might can't cater to every fan or try and make a character to better than another,they tried this with no success with Jane and AJ , by them adding these paths as plot devices in the way Telltale recommends you should go,they watered down the product

Well, I never saw any dialogue option to talk about Omid's cat, and in ANF she never even mentioned Christa, hell, when she's thinking of a

• only joking about Omid's Cat :D but i'd still rather save the cat than this current story Telltale have Clem on

• edited June 2018

Telltale needs to bring back original characters like Lilly or Christa because they are memorable, developed and interesting. Most recent characters are either boring, forgettable and undeveloped.

• How is Christa memorable and developed? I think you are being a little biased here.

Telltale needs to bring back original characters like Lilly or Christa because they are memorable, developed and interesting. Most recent characters are either boring, forgettable and undeveloped.

• I personally kinda imagined Lilly acting as something of an Antihero at one point.

Leegendary posted: »

It’d be nice to have one as a protagonist?? But not an antagonist. They both have never hated Clem..

• Because she was in Season 1.

Box Tv posted: »

How is Christa memorable and developed? I think you are being a little biased here.

• Out of all the S1 cast, I'm not gonna lie, Christa was probably the most forgettable. She was a good character, just not really given a lot of screen time to stand out from the pact. The only reason people talk about her now is because she could still be alive and we have no clue what happened to her.

Who ever says their favorite character is Christa? Even Lily has more fans

DabigRG posted: »

Because she was in Season 1.

• Yeah I'm not speaking of a 1v1, I'm thinking more he's going to shoot him. Clearly Clementine has him trained with handguns at the very least.

• Yeah, I'm honestly inclined to concur.
    She and Omid were pretty obviously added in part to help round out the group dynamics for the rest of the story by acting as a stern voice of reason and the quirky comic relief, which were roles previously filled by Lilly & Carley and Duck & Doug. Which I can appreciate, especially in retrospect, but it also meant that not only was she rather muted in characterization and plot relevance compared to everyone else, but given how ego-driven players tend to be, it also meant she apparently wasn't very well liked initially.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Out of all the S1 cast, I'm not gonna lie, Christa was probably the most forgettable. She was a good character, just not really given a lot

• Finding Christa should have been the main plot of S2. Hopefully, if she does come back, her return is at least semi plausible and she didn't just "get lucky, real lucky".

• I mean I can see that lol I did once too but I guess I see potential in her. I wanna see her prove herself?? If that makes sense? She didn’t get the best ending imo

DabigRG posted: »

I personally kinda imagined Lilly acting as something of an Antihero at one point.

• Finding Christa should have been the main plot of S2

In this video, she gets stabbed in the thigh, kneels down, and tells clem to run. She's outnumbered, and its safe to assume the bad guys got her.

In this one, she runs, but you hear her get injured, sounding as if she tripped and fell, and then you hear a gun shot go off. We didn't see her die, so no one knows if she's alive or not.

ClemRanger posted: »

Finding Christa should have been the main plot of S2. Hopefully, if she does come back, her return is at least semi plausible and she didn't just "get lucky, real lucky".

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

I wanna see her prove herself

Idk, man. I really don't think she can redeem herself. You don't kill one of your own allies over a heated argument. That left the group one dead-shot short. In Lilly's defense, she assumed Ben was the reason why raiders drove them out of the motor inn. And she was right, but how she handled things was completely unacceptable.
    Clementine at this point probably won't even care, although she may not trust her due to her lessening the motor inn's numbers by 4(Carly, Duck, Katjaa, and herself).

I mean I can see that lol I did once too but I guess I see potential in her. I wanna see her prove herself?? If that makes sense? She didn’t get the best ending imo

• True, True It was definitely uncalled for but I just believe she was grieving heavily since her dad was all she had left.. It also happened to Kenny when Sarita died. No, he didn’t kill someone but you get what I’m saying.

I wanna see her prove herself Idk, man. I really don't think she can redeem herself. You don't kill one of your own allies over a he

• Honestly, it'd probably work much better with her than it ever did with Kenny.

ClemRanger posted: »

Finding Christa should have been the main plot of S2. Hopefully, if she does come back, her return is at least semi plausible and she didn't just "get lucky, real lucky".

• I mean I can see that lol I did once too but I guess I see potential in her. I wanna see her prove herself?? If that makes sense?

Yes, I do too.

She didn’t get the best ending imo

No, she didn't. Largely because the game was essentially an origin story for her.

I mean I can see that lol I did once too but I guess I see potential in her. I wanna see her prove herself?? If that makes sense? She didn’t get the best ending imo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.