We now know our returning character

Comments

• edited August 2018

She's in TFS, this is evident. They have already said that will be two characters from the first season and now confirmed one of the two in Story Creator.

No, it's not evident....that Story Creator did NOT confirm the return of Lilly in any way, shape or form. Lee's decision to leave (or not leave) Lilly on the side of the road was one of the more consequential choices in Season 1 (with regards to shaping future Clementine). We know this because Clem's flashback with Lee in Season 2 is all about discussing this very incident....it serves as a portent of things to come, a guide for her as she faces her own tough decision (Kenny vs. Jane, leaving them behind or not).

If she isnt in TFS, why would they make important choices like the end of season one and the end of season two along with Carley, Doug and Lilly?

Lilly ends up killing the person you save....so the two events are linked, and obviously influences the choice to leave her behind. That's why...

Now, I'm not saying Lilly returning is unlikely...I'm just not convinced that the Story Creator provided any concrete evidence either way.

She's in TFS, this is evident. They have already said that will be two characters from the first season and now confirmed one of the two in

• My God, you two are boring.

• edited August 2018

Yeah, you are right...its boring to actually discuss why a particular choice is important enough to shape our personalized Clementine (which is the whole point of this Story Creator). Instead, let's start misleading threads, jump to conclusions and then blindly accept them as fact! Much more fun...

My God, you two are boring.

• For a long time I thought Christa would be a better returning character simply because Clementine knows her better and mostly all the fans like her. But Lily is such a controversial character that she could really brew up some complex relationships. I’m excited.

• edited August 2018

Good point.

For a long time I thought Christa would be a better returning character simply because Clementine knows her better and mostly all the fans l

• There are both sides, I got it ;)

Pahn711 posted: »

Yeah, you are right...its boring to actually discuss why a particular choice is important enough to shape our personalized Clementine (which

• I was nice to Lily and tried to run away with her

I play as a nice person who always tries to do the right thing. But has a crippling weakness for women and will abandon all morals for them.

I even played this way with Clementine, so I guess my Clementine was a lesbian.

Did let Jane get stabbed though..

• obligatory gif

• Nice

Pipas posted: »

obligatory gif

• What's she gonna look like tho? I mean if she isnt going to be the same, what would even be different?

• Her comeback better be greater than Frieza's in Resurrection 'F'. Better get a whole new form and everything :D :D

• Doesn't Lee make her drop the gun?

DabigRG posted: »

So the answer is no, then? She has the gun regardless if you left her?

• Yeah maybe she took later I don't know

Ghetsis posted: »

Doesn't Lee make her drop the gun?

• i can always count on you to talk about dragon ball.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Her comeback better be greater than Frieza's in Resurrection 'F'. Better get a whole new form and everything

• It's funny that I first started hating Lilly back when I first saw the game in 2012, but came to understand her character and her struggles more and more by the end of Season 1.

And then after the events of Season 2, I found myself really disliking both Kenny and Jane, which retroactively made me appreciate Lilly even more.

If Lilly does return, I do hope that she's given a fair chance in earning her redemption arc as opposed to just outright turning her into a one-dimensional villain for the sake of vengeance.

Like it or not, Lilly do have her fans who enjoyed her role in Season 1, and it would be a disservice to them if her potential return was handled poorly.

• Clem vs Lilly, there be an epic fist fight in rain for the future of are group.

• IT'S OVEEEEERR!!!!

jdgjordan posted: »

Clem vs Lilly, there be an epic fist fight in rain for the future of are group.

• I also hated Lilly when I first played because I got very attached to Carley. Upon replaying it last week, where I knew ahead of time the fate of every character, I appreciated Lilly a lot more even while still being loyal to Kenny. She's a very complicated character and there's a lot they could do with her.

On an unrelated note, I also found episode 4 to be much better than I remembered.

RichWalk23 posted: »

It's funny that I first started hating Lilly back when I first saw the game in 2012, but came to understand her character and her struggles

• That was then, when she had the real of group leader and thus had directing and protecting everyone in the group on her shoulders. Even when she was continually disobeyed, even when her routines were challenged, even when she lost the one person she was closest to to another group member, and even when she felt like there was little to no trust among the group, she still put keeping the group safe and dealing with any dangers against them first.
    That is far from self-centered and to claim otherwise is either evidence of a black & white perception or deliberate vilifying for the sake of kicking someone when they were already down.

No it's not. Lily time and time again desperately tried to showcased her dominance because she was self-centered. She couldn't handle not be

• edited August 2018

It's been 7 years, man. She could've gone anywhere in that time--whether north or south.

It would just be a further fuck you to the fans if that happened

Yeah, seriously.

dan290786 posted: »

Except that Lilly could have gone in a completely different direction and stayed there. I still find her returning unrealistic, i just hope there is a decent explanation

• ..,Context?

Let's be clear, Lilly is wrong, Kenny, You, us, me, they, and the whole world, do not forget that you're judging like Lilly did, by what you said.

• Eh...I feel like ANF made the point of her character obsolete.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I hope Becca comes back as one of the kids from the boarding school. This game's centered around the teens, so her presence wouldn't be completely senseless. She could have a slightly bigger role in this one.

• I'm down to see the interactions between Lilly and Clem, would be interesting. Just not looking forward to potentially hearing her moan about my choices as Lee, didn't side with her most of the time and didn't like her very much XD. I also feel like they'll have to do something different with her character so it just doesn't feel like she goes through another Kenny arc from s2.

They kinda have to, obviously.

So maybe she'll end up being... not entirely on Clem's side.
    Regardless, I certainly still hope they wrap up Christa too.

Eeeh...we'll see.

Legendary12 posted: »

I'm down to see the interactions between Lilly and Clem, would be interesting. Just not looking forward to potentially hearing her moan abou

• Fuck yeah.
    I'm just imagining Doug shaking her/the camera and her being a mix of annoyed and not impressed.

Pipas posted: »

obligatory gif

• Honestly, I can see them going full circle and using Jane's pointless update model as a basis.

Razer531 posted: »

What's she gonna look like tho? I mean if she isnt going to be the same, what would even be different?

• That's what I remember.
    However, the story generator image apparently features her having a gun regardless of who she shot.

Doesn't Lee make her drop the gun?

• This, for the most part.

RichWalk23 posted: »

It's funny that I first started hating Lilly back when I first saw the game in 2012, but came to understand her character and her struggles

• I gave the reason for him to stop talking

..,Context?

• It's been 7 years, man. She could've gone anywhere in that time--whether north or south.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but it’s extremely unlikely. It was a stretch that Kenny showed up again to bump into Clem but i guess i accept that for what it was but doing the same thing again with a returning character will just be lazy and more unrealistic than the first time. I would prefer it if Clem went back to Macon for some important plot reason or something and that is how she bumps into Lilly again but i know that won’t happen but that to me would make more sense

It's been 7 years, man. She could've gone anywhere in that time--whether north or south. It would just be a further fuck you to the fans if that happened Yeah, seriously.

• Im really glad Lily s returning this season i hope that she appears as a redeamable Villain in the game and considering these are the same writers from the batman game im guessing they re gonna put alot of emphasis on Lily either being redeemed or not depending on your choices and relationship with her. ((Just saying since they did alot of stuff like that with Batman s2 with Joker and some other characters in the game who also had different lines and some different scenes depending on your relationship with them Like Tiffany , Gordon, Catwoman and Waller.))

• when she had the real of group leader and thus had directing and protecting everyone in the group on her shoulders. Even when she was continually disobeyed, even when her routines were challenged

I think you have a misconception of what a "group" means in its entirety. When you're in a group with numerous other survivors, this "on her shoulders" thing, isn't an excuse to lash out her angers on everyone else because no one "understands" her. Thus me calling her "self-centered". If there were any serious life threatening issues Lily had been dealing with, she could've easily brought it to anyone in the group for a healthy resolution. Besides Kenny of course. Lily was and will always be the epitome of what it means to be passive aggressive. Putting the "weight on her shoulders" was entirely her decision, because if things didn't go her way, it was seen to be wrong. A true leader isn't someone who has a meltdown or kills someone innocent because no one wants to listen to them, that's what a normal person would call a dictator. So I say again, Lily was self-centered, passive aggressive and unpredictable.

even when she lost the one person she was closest to to another group member, and even when she felt like there was little to no trust among the group

And this - makes my skin crawl just to read it. Literally everyone in the group lost someone dear to them. I really hope I don't have to list them one by one. Why is she continuously singled out? And still, no one reacts the way she does. Yes you can argue Kenny lost his shit which made him go "mad", but the scenarios are completely different and cannot be compared, as he was still approachable. And this "little to no trust among the group" bullshit you say. The only people who had a hard time trusting anyone in the group, were Lily and her despicable father. I don't have to get into Larry's story, but Lily was the one who went full hermit to protect what's "hers". Whatever the hell that is. Lily & her father were the main ones who made it most difficult to feel comfortable amongst the group. And why is that? Because everyone else is crazy. Give me a break.

she still put keeping the group safe and dealing with any dangers against them first.

You keep this up, and you're gonna give me a hernia. I think what you meant to say was, Lee put keeping the group safe and dealing with danger first. For example, when things got too difficult for Lily to a point where she couldn't feed the group like shes been doing for the past months, who does she pass this imaginary torch to for handling any and all things? Lee. And who ultimately handles things and fights to keep the group on a straight and narrow road, protecting them when Lily is dealing with her trust issues? Oh I forget his name.

That is far from self-centered and to claim otherwise is either evidence of a black & white perception or deliberate vilifying for the sake of kicking someone when they were already down.

Huh?

That was then, when she had the real of group leader and thus had directing and protecting everyone in the group on her shoulders. Even when

• I think it's more unrealistic for Lilly to still be in that area 9 years later.

It's been 7 years, man. She could've gone anywhere in that time--whether north or south. I’m not saying it’s impossible but it’s ext

• where was it confirmed?

• I'm gonna sum this up once: I'm not trivializing anyone's perspectives here--that's kinda my thing!
    In this instance, I'm understanding what she was trying to do even within the adversity she faced and her own flaws, not necessarily of how she negatively acted or especially what she ended up doing in the name of it!
    So don't you sit there and trivialize either Lily's positive qualities & motivations or my choice to see her side of things and/or defend her.

when she had the real of group leader and thus had directing and protecting everyone in the group on her shoulders. Even when she was contin

• I guess I'll never understand what she tried to do. Only because I'd never put myself in the predicament where I'd shut everyone out, then blame them for not understanding me. I don't think they'll ever be a time where I'd see her name somewhere (in relations to this) and not be upset. Same applies for Jane.

I'm gonna sum this up once: I'm not trivializing anyone's perspectives here--that's kinda my thing! In this instance, I'm understanding wha

• Jane is more understandable, but okay.

I guess I'll never understand what she tried to do. Only because I'd never put myself in the predicament where I'd shut everyone out, then b

• You're right, it is but hey who knows, maybe she's still there and formed an alliance with any surviving bandits that attacked the motor inn and now shes there ruling it with an iron fist and recruited more people, put up walls and built a guard tower, found a hot dog stand and the list goes on LOL!

I think it's more unrealistic for Lilly to still be in that area 9 years later.

• Not gonna lie, some of that sounds like it'd make an interesting setup if done right.

You're right, it is but hey who knows, maybe she's still there and formed an alliance with any surviving bandits that attacked the motor inn

• LMFAO. As long as i'm still around and this forum's still up, you can ALWAYS count on me to bring dragon ball into the equation

i can always count on you to talk about dragon ball.

• omg thank you

I think it's more unrealistic for Lilly to still be in that area 9 years later.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.