Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• ..ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
    Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a Video Game company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Not exactly sure where to put this, I guess it sort of acts as a detail people might have missed, but also mainly a huge oversight, that is

• Damn it, the Chewbacca Defense, I can't beat that. Looks like you win.

..ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewba

• Is this Telltale's The Walking Dead Game or American Mcgee's Alice?

• edited August 2018

The funny thing is that Ava specifically prefaces that be reiterating that The New Frontier are expanding.
    To be fair though, close is relative compared to The Junkyard, The Slaughterhouse, or David's Warehouse.

Despite this, Javi, Clem, Gabe, and Kate somehow manage to get past the wall and sneak past all the walkers surrounding Richmond to get there.
    Kind of an impossible feat, considering earlier we saw this: Holy Shit
    As we all know, they successfully steal the armored vehicle, but are able to get it back INSIDE Richmond.

Oh shit, I didn't put all that together at once!

Guess it goes to show how complete Thicker than Water's own rewrites were with a one or two month deadline after the previous episode's release.

And the place where they got the bulldozer is the same place they got the armored vehicle.

Even better is that fact that Javier drives the hotwired Armored Truck through the gates, letting in muertos as the two conversing guards notice and come out to stop them.
    The same Depot Station that is also apparently where David parked Badger's Truck when they got back from the Warehouse.
    Even though the herd wasn't assembling outside Richmond itself until the morning after they confronted Joan.

Not exactly sure where to put this, I guess it sort of acts as a detail people might have missed, but also mainly a huge oversight, that is

• Why was Danny so nervous when Lee saw the boxes from the dairy?
    He already told them they had a deal. Did he think Lee would recognize it was human parts or something?

TrashJesus2 posted: »

So I accidentally found a dialogue option in Starved for Help that everyone's probably seen at this point but I thought it was interesting.

• Exactly

Louche posted: »

Why was Danny so nervous when Lee saw the boxes from the dairy? He already told them they had a deal. Did he think Lee would recognize it was human parts or something?

Why was Danny so nervous when Lee saw the boxes from the dairy? He already told them they had a deal. Did he think Lee would recognize it was human parts or something?

• edited August 2018

So the bandits, did they know they were being fed human meat?

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Exactly

• Maybe not. I mean, it's possible they might've suspected at one point and just didn't care to really look into it, but Jolene only seemed to know because she spent a lot of time stalking and spying on everyone.

Come to think of it, it could potentially further explain why the Bandits were really aggressive--mad cow disease!

So the bandits, did they know they were being fed human meat?

• I think at one point I may have theorized the bandits attacked lee and mark (thinking they were andy and danny) because they found out they had been feeding them human meat.

But I'm pretty sure the bandits speak as if some deal was broken, but the St Johns never tell us they stopped giving them food... I still don't get it, like I've said before with all the bandit-related plotline.

DabigRG posted: »

Maybe not. I mean, it's possible they might've suspected at one point and just didn't care to really look into it, but Jolene only seemed to

• I thought they did? Or at the very least, imply that they had to harvest Mark because they had practically ran out of food supply, which in turn would imply that they did indeed stop giving the Bandits food recently.

I think at one point I may have theorized the bandits attacked lee and mark (thinking they were andy and danny) because they found out they

• edited August 2018

The tall grass actually moves when you walk through them and it changes the sounds of the footsteps as well.

When the camera moves and gives a POV from inside of the food cache pointed at Clem, look at the side of the doorway near where the hinges are and you can see the grenade. However, when the grenade does actually get thrown it comes from the exact opposite direction.

• edited August 2018

No, remember at the camp, Danny thinks Jolene is still with the bandits and says "hey we had a deal, no shooting as long as we gave you food. what the fuck happened?"
    That implies they never stopped and Danny is surprised they would attack them.

But your idea that they simply ran out of meat is fairly believable. They didn't really address that, though. Again, Bandit plotline: feels like a puzzle with some missing pieces.
    I can't tell if it's intentionally mysterious or just poor writing.

I thought they did? Or at the very least, imply that they had to harvest Mark because they had practically ran out of food supply, which in turn would imply that they did indeed stop giving the Bandits food recently.

• It's directly addressed to the player that up until the moment you got rid of the St. Johns that the bandits were still receiving supplies from them so they definitely still had food. Plus Brenda was holding a basket of cheese/bread at one point in the episode, and one of the members in your group (Mark I think) talks about how they ate some of the food offered to them while Lee was out with Danny.

I thought they did? Or at the very least, imply that they had to harvest Mark because they had practically ran out of food supply, which in turn would imply that they did indeed stop giving the Bandits food recently.

• No, remember at the camp, Danny thinks Jolene is still with the bandits and says "hey we had a deal, no shooting as long as we gave you food. what the fuck happened?"
    That implies they never stopped and Danny is surprised they would attack them.

The thing is it's also implied that Danny knew who Jolene was specifically and also where that camp was located. Andy even loosely implies that it was Danny who established deal in the first place if questioned about how Jolene knew him, so it's possible that both factors came to mind when Lee questions him about the Bandits attacking as a way of satisfying the group's suspicion while buying Brenda and Andy more time.
    With that said, they may have indeed been fed the Bandits what little they had to give relatively recently and the Bandits were [extra] antsy for more since it's near time for their next exchange.

Again, Bandit plotline: feels like a puzzle with some missing pieces.
    I can't tell if it's intentionally mysterious or just poor writing.

I would like to think it's the former.
    The fact that they end the episode reinforcing Jolene's motivations and setting up that the Bandits will be a problem for the group now that the St. John's are dead seems to mutually banks on and lends to that idea.

No, remember at the camp, Danny thinks Jolene is still with the bandits and says "hey we had a deal, no shooting as long as we gave you food

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Well hold on a second, let's think about something else: you see a bunch of Save-lots boxes at Jolene's camp, right? And when the bandits attack Lee and Mark earlier, they're shouting about how they didn't get their food.

What if Jolene was intercepting the supply drops, taking them for herself? Maybe hoping to incite a war between the St Johns and the bandits, since she doesn't like the bandits for obvious reasons, and she seems to know the St. Johns secret. Danny's line you mentioned could just be him trying to play dumb and throw Lee off the scent (even though he kinda sucks at it).

No, remember at the camp, Danny thinks Jolene is still with the bandits and says "hey we had a deal, no shooting as long as we gave you food

• Holy shit, that's more than entirely possible!
    :mrgreen:
    I mean I just assumed those boxers were leftovers from when Jolene was being kept by the Bandits, but that would perfectly fit in with what she had been up to since they left her!

Deltino posted: »

Well hold on a second, let's think about something else: you see a bunch of Save-lots boxes at Jolene's camp, right? And when the bandits at

• edited August 2018

The fact that they end the episode reinforcing Jolene's motivations and setting up that the Bandits will be a problem for the group now

Yeah the bandits are a problem, but only for like five minutes. They're really just a plot device to get things going on the road in Episode 3. It's also pretty bizarre how they were apparently attacked in between episodes (with the arrow shafts in the walls) but there's barely any mention of the attack in the dialogue with characters. Like hey are you guys worried that you might get fucking shot just standing out in the open here?

Even weirder, is when the fighting starts suddenly all the bandits have rifles and none of them are using bows/arrows. What?

The thing is it's also implied that Danny knew who Jolene was specifically and also where that camp was located.

it's possible that Danny knew her, even though he flat out says that she doesn't know him. Although you could interpret that several ways, I guess. I can't exactly remember what confused me anymore now.

Anyway, Deltino's idea is a good one but it's just fanon.

• Yeah the bandits are a problem, but only for like five minutes. They're really just a plot device to get things going on the road in Episode 3. It's also pretty bizarre how they were apparently attacked in between episodes (with the arrow shafts in the walls) but there's barely any mention of the attack in the dialogue with characters. Like hey are you guys worried that you might get fucking shot just standing out in the open here?

Yeah, that is kinda weird.
    I'm blankin on how long it had been between episodes too.

Even weirder, is when the fighting starts suddenly all the bandits have rifles and none of them are using bows/arrows. What?

...They found a gun stache?

Anyway, Deltino's idea is a good one but it's just fanon.

Maybe, but that's part of the fun. A story arc with a number of notable characters and plot points has just enough spelled out to tell you what's important and also have arguably needless little details on the side that you .
    It really helps that Season 1 really knew how to do both in healthy amounts and also didn't have to worry about too much direction inconsistency throwing things off too many times.

The fact that they end the episode reinforcing Jolene's motivations and setting up that the Bandits will be a problem for the group now

• edited August 2018

I'm blankin on how long it had been between episodes too.

It's implied to be only like two-three weeks, at most. They mention getting stuff out of the camper a couple weeks ago or something IIRC
    Time is another confusing thing at this point because Clementine turns 9 but doesn't tell Lee for some reason?

They found a gun stache?

My point is that that in episode 2 Kenny was bragging about how they could handle a bunch of punks with bows and arrows. They missed out on having him pay for his hubris there. (well, I mean katjaa and duck do die but I mean a scene acknowledging how little they really understood of the danger they were facing. If they had left a little earlier in the RV maybe things wouldn't have gone so bad.)

Yeah the bandits are a problem, but only for like five minutes. They're really just a plot device to get things going on the road in Episode

• It's implied to be only like two-three weeks, at most. They mention getting stuff out of the camper a couple weeks ago or something IIRC

Okay, I thought I remembered one of ya'll saying something around that amount.

Time is another confusing thing at this point because Clementine turns 9 but doesn't tell Lee for some reason?

She may have forgotten herself or at least never expected him to need to know/remember that.

My point is that that in episode 2 Kenny was bragging about how they could handle a bunch of punks with bows and arrows. They missed out on having him pay for his hubris there.

K'yeh! :lol:

If they had left a little earlier in the RV maybe things wouldn't have gone so bad.)

Eh, maybe so.
    How long had it been up and running at that point?

I'm blankin on how long it had been between episodes too. It's implied to be only like two-three weeks, at most. They mention gettin

• The walkers do not digest the meat they eat....so I imagine the world is horribly filled with flies and smells that would gag a buzzard....yet no one complains.

• You'll be surprised what you can get used to smelling. And since proper water and soap isn't readily available, they're likely exposed to bad smells 24/7. The smell of a flower would probably be mind-blowing for someone like AJ.

The walkers do not digest the meat they eat....so I imagine the world is horribly filled with flies and smells that would gag a buzzard....yet no one complains.

• Except they seem to be able to starve...?

The walkers do not digest the meat they eat....so I imagine the world is horribly filled with flies and smells that would gag a buzzard....yet no one complains.

• edited August 2018

I decided to do a quick comparison between the trailer and some of the scenes that were shown at E3 that were in it as well. Not exactly the best, but it's enough to see how aspects of the visuals have changed since then.

Not many differences here beyond Clementine now having the bandage around her forehead, which we've known for a while. Mostly additional foliage and different lighting and/or colour grading?

These pillars are probably one of the most obvious improvements.

Looks like that little building over on the left was kinda wrecked between E3 and now.

Some minor changes to the interior here, with added objects throughout the scene as well as a reduction in bloom.

Those changes also extends to here, with even the doorway having a different texture now. Clementine's expression also looks a little bit different than in the older build.

Beyond once again there being a reduction in bloom, the chair is now red, some rope(?) is missing and Clementine and AJ's poses look slightly different.

Yep, even the hug got altered a bit.

Oh, and as some may recall, Louis wasn't in the room playing the piano.

• edited August 2018

It doesn't seem like anyone has considered the idea that Jolene was the person who tipped the St. John's off about there being some fresh pickings available at the Motor Inn. Keep in mind if you don't ask her where she got Clem's hat, she reveals she brings fresh meat to the Dairy. Considering that the St John's already had a deal with the bandits, how did they fall short on gas in the first place to end up at the Motor Inn requesting more? They were there for more meat to exchange w/ the bandits. Danny had assessed long before dinner that they were just sitting ducks that were going to die anyways had they not tricked them into coming to the Farm.

This is why on the way to the Dairy they're interested in hearing more about Lee's group as far as how many people & weapons they have & don't seem to care that Ben has farmhand experience. You'd assume they would've used Ben's reveal as an opportunity to explain that they're already down to just 1 cow.

Lastly, Jolene's camcorder revealed that she had been spying on the Motor Inn from the beginning of the wall construction.

• edited August 2018

This goes against the camcorder video. Jolene was stalking Clementine to an extent using her as a proxy for her deceased daughter that I believe the St. John's ate due to Danny claiming there "WAS a kid" mixed up in it.

In the camcorder video, Jolene says the bandits won't bother the motor inn as long as they continue getting food from the dairy. It doesn't seem likely to me that she would intercept the package drops to put Clementine in danger, a girl she herself was interested in protecting from a distance.

If anything, Jolene could've stole some supplies from the Bandits, but it ended up being blamed on another bandit which explains the bandit dispute Lee, Carley, Ben, & the St. John's witness on their way to the dairy.

Deltino posted: »

Well hold on a second, let's think about something else: you see a bunch of Save-lots boxes at Jolene's camp, right? And when the bandits at

• David and Joan share a similar color scheme in their outfits.

So do Max and Clint.

• edited August 2018

Kid's from this school probably kill all teacher's after outbreak. Threatening inscriptions on the wall, Simon's Dead (principal?), Piggy's dead, Ralph NEXT. And inscription on diploma (Masters Degree of ass).

Maybe smoke guy with sad look from trailer there is Ralph. image

My theory has a right to life. Marlon is most likely a psychopath who killed all the teachers and took the place of director (his name on desk) , the only one who survived is Ralph image

• edited August 2018

I briefly suspected something to that effect a while back.

After all, I can't imagine the staff just up and leaving the kids.

Murmle22 posted: »

Kid's from this school probably kill all teacher's after outbreak. Threatening inscriptions on the wall, Simon's Dead (principal?), Piggy's

• edited August 2018

Those names are a reference to the book Lord of the Flies (1954) by William Golding, a book about a group of boys who are left stuck on an island with no adults around after they survive a plane crash. I don't think that the boarding school kids actually killed the adults when the apocalypse started. I think it's just an easter egg.

Spoilers for Lord of the Flies.

Simon and Piggy are killed in the book which is why they're named as dead on the board. Ralph was planned to be killed next by another kid named Roger who had gone a bit mad which is why it says "ralphs next".

And the reason Marlon's name is scribbled onto the nameplate is probably because he's the one leading the group and he might be staying in that room.

Murmle22 posted: »

Kid's from this school probably kill all teacher's after outbreak. Threatening inscriptions on the wall, Simon's Dead (principal?), Piggy's

• So, I was looking at the New Richmond Memorial Wall Concept Art again and decided to blow notable segments up for investigation and showcase.

Here is the Full Image

And My Findings

So, apparently, David was supposed to destroy what was left of Rufus's family.

Clint Memorial Pic and Notes

Javier is Cheating?

New Richmond Memorial Wall Souvenirs--Shades-Chick, NO!

• edited August 2018

So I didnt notice this in the demo (Im sure its there) but the "cook book" Aj is reading is written by what I think we can assume was the St. John's father, AKA the Cannibal family. Thought that was a nice Easter egg.

• I you listen closely you can tell that Louis is terrible at the piano. He has some pretty good pipes though.

• The season premiere has the fastest reanimation so far in The Walking Dead franchise. The previous record holder being Spencer on the tv show who turned in a couple minutes, whereas [REDACTED] turned in under a minute.

• I am pretty sure Rebecca in season 2 and Greg in Michonne turned pretty fast too.

lupinb0y posted: »

The season premiere has the fastest reanimation so far in The Walking Dead franchise. The previous record holder being Spencer on the tv show who turned in a couple minutes, whereas [REDACTED] turned in under a minute.

• Not the father, his name was Terry if I recall correctly. But could be a distant relative lol.
    Anyway, nice catch!

Poogers555 posted: »

So I didnt notice this in the demo (Im sure its there) but the "cook book" Aj is reading is written by what I think we can assume was the St. John's father, AKA the Cannibal family. Thought that was a nice Easter egg.

• Ah you're right, completely forgot about those two. I'm pretty sure Greg had the the fastest reanimation. Turning in just a few seconds.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I am pretty sure Rebecca in season 2 and Greg in Michonne turned pretty fast too.

• You turn as soon as you die so yeah it is fast

lupinb0y posted: »

Ah you're right, completely forgot about those two. I'm pretty sure Greg had the the fastest reanimation. Turning in just a few seconds.

• Is Nomad from Black Ops IIII just Marlon in the future??

Sign in to comment in this discussion.