Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited July 2018

As you know, Grace Garcia was on the original version of Ties That Binds Part 1's title card. She also appears to be in the one Part 2 as well.

Extra Zoom Effect

• Yo fam you got a pic of that original grace garcia ep 1 slide?

DabigRG posted: »

As you know, Grace Garcia was on the original version of Ties That Binds Part 1's title card. She also appears to be in the one Part 2 as well. Extra Zoom Effect (Spoiler)

• So in the Walking Dead Demo in the train station, the list of destinations include Prescott, Richmond, Wellington, and Savannah. Im assuming this is more of an easter egg than for us to reference where Clem actually is

• Took a bit to even find the source URL, but this should show up.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yo fam you got a pic of that original grace garcia ep 1 slide?

• thank you kanye, very cool!

Took a bit to even find the source URL, but this should show up.

• Savannah?

MOLLY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the Walking Dead Demo in the train station, the list of destinations include Prescott, Richmond, Wellington, and Savannah. Im assuming this is more of an easter egg than for us to reference where Clem actually is

• That’s a pretty neat Easter egg. Nice callback to all the locations from the game. It also has Atlanta (where Lee was being driven out of in Episode 1) and Baltimore (where Javier and his family lived).

So in the Walking Dead Demo in the train station, the list of destinations include Prescott, Richmond, Wellington, and Savannah. Im assuming this is more of an easter egg than for us to reference where Clem actually is

• Ah cool thanks, I wasnt able to read the last 2

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

That’s a pretty neat Easter egg. Nice callback to all the locations from the game. It also has Atlanta (where Lee was being driven out of in Episode 1) and Baltimore (where Javier and his family lived).

• edited July 2018

Look who else I found

The Revolution hashasn't begun

• I was hoping for shades chick to have a bigger role, after the camera pans directly to her face in this gif.

Look who else I found The Revolution hashasn't begun

• So I accidentally found a dialogue option in Starved for Help that everyone's probably seen at this point but I thought it was interesting. When you're getting held up by Jolene instead of questioning her about Clem's hat just stay silent. She'll hysterically mention something about bringing the St. John's meat which makes Danny yell at her. You're able to call him out on it after he shoots her and he notes your suspicions.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

There just so happens to be a video just for that as well, in case anyone wants to see it:

TrashJesus2 posted: »

So I accidentally found a dialogue option in Starved for Help that everyone's probably seen at this point but I thought it was interesting.

• After all this time i'm still finding new info on this game.

Deltino posted: »

There just so happens to be a video just for that as well, in case anyone wants to see it:

• Yep, that`s how big this game was. Damn.

After all this time i'm still finding new info on this game.

• @Deltino There just so happens to be a video just for that as well, in case anyone wants to see it:

Holy shit! I mean, I knew it was possible, but it's interesting to actually hear.
    Ah, good ol' Jolene. Tyin' shit together and being mad amusing in while doing it.

TrashJesus2 posted: »

So I accidentally found a dialogue option in Starved for Help that everyone's probably seen at this point but I thought it was interesting.

• @0v3rp0w3r Yep, that`s how big this game was. Damn.

Ya'll should see/hear the stuff that didn't get used.

After all this time i'm still finding new info on this game.

• Heard/saw that. The size of that game is enormous even without these cuts. Although it`s a shame they cut some of these out (like Carley/Doug dream)

@0v3rp0w3r Yep, that`s how big this game was. Damn. Ya'll should see/hear the stuff that didn't get used.

• Or Katjaa being the one to get Lee to investigate the shed.
    Or Danny being a used car salesman.
    Or Ben having a chance of dealing with Fivel's Walker.
    Etc.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Heard/saw that. The size of that game is enormous even without these cuts. Although it`s a shame they cut some of these out (like Carley/Doug dream)

• edited August 2018

It never ceases to amaze me just how many cool things there are with this game. This sort of stuff doesn't happen in the newer games.

@Deltino There just so happens to be a video just for that as well, in case anyone wants to see it: Holy shit! I mean, I knew it was

• 1:58 always gets me :D why did he say it like that?

• Shipshipshipshipshipship

1:58 always gets me why did he say it like that?

• Lol no way man

Shipshipshipshipshipship

• Thanks my guy. It's good to see that some people hadn't seen it.

• Forget it.

Shipshipshipshipshipship

• In the demo for Final Season there's a schedule board that references locations from the previous seasons (Atlanta, Savannah, Wellington, Prescott and Richmond).

Found by Reddit user KennysGloriousStache

• What the hell is goin on in that last panel?

http://clemjavier.tumblr.com/post/176601058379/the-walking-dead-game-parallelscallbacks

• AJ being taken at the end of the demo.

What the hell is goin on in that last panel?

• Oh.
    I guess that explains it, but also hints at something else...

dojo32161 posted: »

(Spoiler)

• I also would have included both Lee and Clem kicking the glass window.

http://clemjavier.tumblr.com/post/176601058379/the-walking-dead-game-parallelscallbacks

• Aaaaaaaaand you're gone

• No you don't understand...it wasn't me...it was the one armed man!!!

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Aaaaaaaaand you're gone

• AHHHH dammit oh well

I also would have included both Lee and Clem kicking the glass window.

• No, YOU are!
    Ga-Ga-Goo!

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Aaaaaaaaand you're gone

• Ribbed?

Oh you sweet summer child!

Ribbed?

• No you

How could you do this to him. You've sent him to the shadow realm.

No you don't understand...it wasn't me...it was the one armed man!!!

• Apparently I have a power...or I have just been strangely attracting the wrong crowd again.

lupinb0y posted: »

No you How could you do this to him. You've sent him to the shadow realm.

• It’s more of a purple realm.

lupinb0y posted: »

No you How could you do this to him. You've sent him to the shadow realm.

• Not exactly sure where to put this, I guess it sort of acts as a detail people might have missed, but also mainly a huge oversight, that is if I missed an explanation for why this happened. And if there is, can someone point it out, because this is a big thing I'm focusing on in my ANF review series.

In Thicker Than Water, Ava reveals the location of an armored vehicle that the New Frontier has, it's at a small depot station by a water tower. Despite Ava saying it's close by, or as Tripp puts it, "I can spit and hit it," you can clearly see it's beyond the walls of Richmond.

Despite this, Javi, Clem, Gabe, and Kate somehow manage to get past the wall and sneak past all the walkers surrounding Richmond to get there. Kind of an impossible feat, considering earlier we saw this:

But it gets worse. As we all know, they successfully steal the armored vehicle, but are able to get it back INSIDE Richmond. Even if you could buy the group sneaking outside the walls, possibly through the same way David snuck them back in in Above The Law, they certainly wouldn't have been able to do that with a giant armored vehicle. The only way they would have been able to get that thing back inside would be to drive through the herd, go up to the gate, have the guards open it, and then drive to where they were waiting for Ava's signal. How is that even possible?

This had to be the only way because, had you gone with Kate to save Richmond in From The Gallows, Kate drives the bulldozer up to Richmond's gate and lifts Javi up in order to open it and let them in. And the place where they got the bulldozer is the same place they got the armored vehicle.

So when they drove up to the gate with the armored vehicle, they would have needed to somehow drive through the herd of walkers that had surrounded Richmond. Even if that wasn't a problem, they then would have needed to get past the guards that were stationed there, all of whom would surely have known about Javi and that he had escaped custody earlier, and would probably have killed him on sight, or at the very least, arrest him. Even if THAT wasn't a problem, they still would have needed to get back in through the gate, which would have also allowed the walkers to pour in as well.

So please, someone answer me how this was in anyway possible, or if this was a huge oversight.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.