Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Idk, she always looked like a bit of an oinker in that pic compared to how she looks in the present day.

Fangirl101 posted: »

She doesn't seem fat to me.

• Yeah, I've watched a lot of playthroughs and never seen Lee pointing a gun at her.

dqtl74 posted: »

I wish I could see Clem's reaction to Lee pointing his gun at Molly changing. I only remember the deflated one because my last playthrough I killed the St Johns. Most youtubers also fail the action sequence, so no help there.

• edited May 2018

You have to beat Molly in the fight.

Torridd posted: »

Yeah, I've watched a lot of playthroughs and never seen Lee pointing a gun at her.

• Ana Correa is not Molly's sister. Molly's sister is 14.

If you find the third video tape (Sezon 1 episode 4), you'll see that Ana Coreea is Molly's sister.

• Yeah, that uh... probably wasn't necessary to be there.
    Managed to play through it now, at least Tripp's spirit no longer lingers in the world if he was executed in episode 4. And now the talking walker doesn't turn invisible once he bites Javier.

DabigRG posted: »

after David breaks her arm her facial animations also cease to function properly. Can't tell if that's supposed to be funny or not.

• Okay, good to know.

MichaelBP posted: »

Yeah, that uh... probably wasn't necessary to be there. Managed to play through it now, at least Tripp's spirit no longer lingers in the world if he was executed in episode 4. And now the talking walker doesn't turn invisible once he bites Javier.

• :( The video is restricted.

You have to beat Molly in the fight.

• The latest updates seems to be a couple of fixes, here's one of 'em.

The rest are for the animations.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2018

1: Holy shit guys, we need to add a bloodstain to Rufus

2: What about those broken facial animations on Clint and Fer--

1: FUCK YOU

On a more interesting note, it seems this same update was pushed to the PC version at some point as well. Found Rufus's shot texture in one of the patched archives.

The latest updates seems to be a couple of fixes, here's one of 'em. The rest are for the animations.

• Refresh it. It's played for me three times.

Torridd posted: »

The video is restricted.

• You know you're weird when the Bossman is satirizing you. I think.

Well, at least they're dedicated to making sure their product looks as good as possible.

Deltino posted: »

1: Holy shit guys, we need to add a bloodstain to Rufus 2: What about those broken facial animations on Clint and Fer-- 1: FUCK YOU

• Out of curiosity without wanting to redownload and play, did they finally update Kenny and Jane's model in episode 1?

The latest updates seems to be a couple of fixes, here's one of 'em. The rest are for the animations.

• No. I don't think so.

Poogers555 posted: »

Out of curiosity without wanting to redownload and play, did they finally update Kenny and Jane's model in episode 1?

• That's something they did months ago.

Out of curiosity without wanting to redownload and play, did they finally update Kenny and Jane's model in episode 1?

• If I remember right, there was some update months ago but it also didnt fix Kenny and Jane in episode 1

That's something they did months ago.

• Quick question, and I figured this would be the best place to ask.

What are the different variations for where Clem decides to go in From the Gallows? In my game, I chose to reject Ava's offer, give AJ the injection, and spit in David's face, and this prompted her to go with Kate to save Richmond. What were the other outcomes of the different choices you could make for this, I need them for something I'm working on.

• There might be something on the walking dead wiki or something if you wanna try searching around there

Quick question, and I figured this would be the best place to ask. What are the different variations for where Clem decides to go in From

• Actually just found this, not sure how truly accurate it is but:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937101812

Quick question, and I figured this would be the best place to ask. What are the different variations for where Clem decides to go in From

• edited May 2018

That all sounds right, thanks Poogs.

Actually just found this, not sure how truly accurate it is but: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937101812

• I chose to reject Ava's offer as well, but I put back the medicine and chose to say goodbye to AJ. Clem chose to follow David and Gabe.

So here's a little interesting tidbit: the "Next time on" segments for episodes 2 and 3 of season 1? The characters that show up actually look different in them.

Let's start with our boy Mark. On the left is his "Next time on" appearance, the right is how he looks in the actual episode 2:

This is one of the most noticeable changes. As you can see, Mark used to just wear a T-shirt, his facial hair was different, and his skin tone and hair were lighter.

Then we got Andy. Left is "Next time on", right is his episode 2 look:

Andy pretty much had no changes besides his clothes. Everything else is still the same.

Then we got Danny:

Unlike Andy, it wasn't just his clothes that changed. Danny used to be more pale looking, and his hair was more gray. If you ask me, the older version of Danny looks like even more of a creep.

And now, let's take a look at Omid. Left is his "next time on" in episode 2, right is how he looks in Long Road Ahead:

Omid didn't see many changes. The old version of Omid has a cleaner face and clothes, as well as a different skin tone. His facial hair is also a bit different... and he has different shoes. Interesting, ain't it?

And then there's Christa, who is one of the more interesting ones:

Christa used to be shorter! And she was a bit more pudgy around the face. Furthermore, her hair bun used to be bigger.

And now, I've saved the best for last-- Chuck.

You only see Chuck from behind in the "next time on" teaser, and he doesn't look that different, right?

Well, when you turn him around...:

Dude used to have a completely different face. And ironically for a hobo, he used to look much cleaner.

Chances are, the first three characters are the only ones you noticed looking any different. And believe me, I didn't even know the other characters had different looks until I loaded them up out of curiosity.

edited June 2018

Unrelated to the above post, I have one more interesting little thing.

So, for some reason, Lilly in episode 2 has a completely different face texture than she does in episodes 1 and 3:

From left to right: Ep 1 Lilly, ep 2 Lilly, ep 3 Lilly.

Her eyebrows, her lips, her neck are the most noticeable.

And this actually leads to another issue that people might have seen in the remastered version of S1: they actually fixed Lilly's episode 2 model in the remaster. So she uses the episode 1 version of her face texture. The problem, however, is during the meatlocker scene: if you try to help Larry, Lilly is supposed to be covered in his blood. The thing is, they never made a bloody version of episode 1 Lilly's face. So obviously, her face ends up not appearing bloody.

Some people seem to think this is a bug, or that they were trying to tone down the gore, when in reality, it's actually the result of a design mistake that was made when the game first came out. I guess in a sense, you could actually call it a delayed glitch.

It should also be noted that this was also fixed in the PS4 and Xbox One re-releases of S1. And as a result, they also have Lilly not getting covered in Larry's blood. And this will probably never be fixed, because they need to make an entirely new texture in order to actually fix it.

And finally, there's one extremely subtle detail you probably never noticed: all the characters slightly change appearance between episodes 2 and 3; Ben, Carley, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Duck... they all look slightly more pale, and their eyes look more dark/sunken in. You can just barely make it out if you compare the Lilly on the far left with the Lilly on the far right. It's so subtle you probably never even noticed that anything changed. Or if you did, you probably weren't able to put your finger on it.

• I can imagine Telltale having in-progress models either touched up a tad or having low budget duplicates loaded up for the next time segments, since they'd only be on-screen for a second. Plus, even if they are pretty much ready, there are a few extraneous details and changes that may be decided on in-between the previous release date.

Mark

The preview model looks more detailed than the final one. How odd.

Andy

Isn't that Larry's outfit?

Danny

Guess they were trying to make him look more like the younger brother.

Omid

Clothes aside, why would they choose to make him look paler?

Christa

Huh. What an odd, yet interesting change.
    I like it though. Christa's height, even without Omid, is one of her more distinguishing features.
    The Kofi-esque bun is humorous, though.

Chuck

Dang. Looks like a GTA model.
    When do we see him exactly?

So here's a little interesting tidbit: the "Next time on" segments for episodes 2 and 3 of season 1? The characters that show up actually lo

• I do remember someone commenting that Lilly looks noticeably tired and even aging in Episode 3, so I assumed it was intentional.
    But looking at it and Episode 1's models side by side, I guess it just was a convenient switch that fit the situation and the mood.

Unrelated to the above post, I have one more interesting little thing. So, for some reason, Lilly in episode 2 has a completely different

• Huh, interesting, I actually pointed out the Lilly stuff on a discord server yesterday.
    There's also alot of early eye textures in Episode 2.
    Normally, all characters share eye textures from a pool of files used by all characters, but originally everyone had their own unique texture with a different style that can still be found for some characters in Episode 2.
    Also, early Duck.

Gonna work on the Season 1 TCRF article for now, it needs alot of cleaning up, I'll add this and the stuff above sooner or later.

So there's this weird thing where if you close/quit S2 while you have the episode 2 slide selected, you get this alternate version of the episode 1 menu:

No big difference, other than that it's at a different camera angle than the original. Not sure if it's even intentional or not, but it's sorta neat.

Taking a close look at the bathroom you find Mark chopped up in paints a pretty dark story about what happened...

Here you see a blowtorch, and a bloody clothing iron. These were both used to cauterize Mark's legs.

There's an IV bag and tubing hung up. Mark was drugged up with morphine to keep quiet, and kept alive via IV fluids.

A bloody bucket, with a bonesaw and a pair of bloody work gloves hanging out of it. Pretty obviously used to cut off Mark's legs.

The bloody bathtub, which they did the cutting in.

You never get to properly explore this bathroom, and most people won't notice this stuff in the background given what's going on. But they make that whole scene even more disturbing in hindsight.

And just in case someone's curious, this is where that cord you plug in goes:

It actually leads somewhere, interestingly enough. You never even see the bathroom from this angle, but it still leads right up to the light.

• I definitely remember the iron. Brrrr...

Good to no the cord does connect to something specific, I guess.

Taking a close look at the bathroom you find Mark chopped up in paints a pretty dark story about what happened... Here you see a blow

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

Here you see a blowtorch, and a bloody clothing iron. These were both used to cauterize Mark's legs

The image and the description you gave it are actually REALLY disturbing :D . That's f*cked up they would do that to Mark of all people. They should've convinced one of the Save-Lots bandits to come inside and did this to them instead.yeah they didn't know him from Adam, but still

Taking a close look at the bathroom you find Mark chopped up in paints a pretty dark story about what happened... Here you see a blow

• edited June 2018

David's Ex-Wife, who is seen in a photograph with her family, appears to be Kate García's original model.

• Looks like we have a new Boss Walker @DabigRG

• David's Ex-Wife

David's Ex-Wife, who is seen in a photograph with her family, appears to be Kate García's original model.

• She is--Grace Garcia--, though I'm not entirely sure that was meant to be her in the photograph.

Honestly, glad she got an overhaul. Especially if I'm right about her being the basis/recycling for Huh-Chick.

With that said, the blonde hair is kinda odd.

• Yeah, I saw that! I didn't actually draw that exact connection, though--Great callback! :joy:

Looks like we have a new Boss Walker @DabigRG

?

Looks like we have a new Boss Walker @DabigRG

• "May" contain content? That's a bit of an exaggeration.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

.. ?

• It is for these and other details that the Starved For Help is my favorite episode of Season 1.

• No wonder he's so upset.

• edited June 2018

Ever wondered how many variations there are of Lee's dialog in the final scene of Season 1? I currently lost my second account which I made when I lost my first account. So I hope mods don't see this as spam and delete it :smile:

I hope Season 4 will have as much variation as the first season did. This is one of the reasons that many people rated this much higher than other seasons.

• I love seeing these so much

dnm104 posted: »

Ever wondered how many variations there are of Lee's dialog in the final scene of Season 1? I currently lost my second account which I made

Sign in to comment in this discussion.