Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Interesting... explain

DabigRG posted: »

I'm almost halfway between agreeing with you and saying pass.

• Yes for getting rid of Kenny if that's what it takes to keep the focus on the Cabin Group(aka the thing the story is actually about).
    No for putting most of that effort into Nick and/or killing off Luke in favor of him.

Louche posted: »

Interesting... explain

• I'm not implying any of that.
    Ok, well I am implying kill Luke, but I'm not saying rebecca, alvin, sarah, and carlos should be out of the picture.... yet.

Yes for getting rid of Kenny if that's what it takes to keep the focus on the Cabin Group(aka the thing the story is actually about). No for putting most of that effort into Nick and/or killing off Luke in favor of him.

• I was referring to swapping one irrelevant spotlight hogging rednick for a slightly more contextualized one, but yes, against that even more.

I'm not implying any of that. Ok, well I am implying kill Luke, but I'm not saying rebecca, alvin, sarah, and carlos should be out of the picture.... yet.

• edited April 2018

Here is the audition page for Lily for those who haven't seen it.
    enter image description here

Looks like Kenny was supposed to be more of a long-term thinker originally, compared to Lilly being more openly considerate(if very aggressive).

• edited April 2018

881_F186_C_D31_C_452_D_9_D37_FA23_B5_D160_A9 11_B6_EF0_E_C047_4645_AA9_D_15894_FE93289 AD94_C625_1_D52_4726_8_FA8_8_D370267_C547

In the previously segment for Episode 5, you can visibly see Gabe and Eleanor staring at Kate whist she crashes and also you can see Clint on stage next to David (you can only see his legs). It is most likely that these models were placeholders/were not supposed to be there due to the fact that all of these different characters were in different locations in Episode 5.

• edited April 2018

I remember Gabe determinately being present, but I never noticed Eleanor there. Good eye!

Clint is almost certainly a case of what's supposed to be a dead/inactive character being rendered in their standard idle stance at a distance, ala Sarah.

In the previously segment for Episode 5, you can visibly see Gabe and Eleanor staring at Kate whist she crashes and also you can see Clint o

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2018

It's not even placeholders as much as it's the fact that the 'previously on' segments are super bare-bones versions of the scenes they represent. They show all the important stuff, but in order to make it easier on the engine/memory/etc, they tend to cut down the complexity of the scenes. I believe that, similar to the "next time on" segments, these are essentially rebuilt/recreated versions of the scenes. As a result, it's quite common to see these using the wrong lighting, wrong character positions, wrong models, wrong textures, certain sound effects or voicelines that weren't in the original scene, and various other stuff like that.

In the previously segment for Episode 5, you can visibly see Gabe and Eleanor staring at Kate whist she crashes and also you can see Clint o

• certain sound effects or voicelines that weren't in the original scene

Which explains why Walter suddenly tells Carver to go to hell.

Deltino posted: »

It's not even placeholders as much as it's the fact that the 'previously on' segments are super bare-bones versions of the scenes they repre

• The next person who says that Ed isn’t Clem’s biological father or who looks for diversity in games instead of good characters then they’re gonna get their asshole ripped out.

Here is that infamous mystery encouraging conversation around Clementine.

• edited April 2018

Disclaimer: The joke is he just said so himself, not that anyone should be eager to dish out punishment there.

Melton23 posted: »

The next person who says that Ed isn’t Clem’s biological father or who looks for diversity in games instead of good characters then they’re gonna get their asshole ripped out.

• Without the gloves ??

... Disclaimer: The joke is he just said so himself, not that anyone should be eager to dish out punishment there.

• I've been playing on season 1 on PS4 and I never noticed before the bandit leader dude sneaking up behind Jolene while she's recording her rant (that plays at the end of ep 2 ) then she apparently notices him and shuts it off. Creepy.

Wonder what happened after... What went on between Jolene, the Bandits and the St John Dairy are some of the most vague plot details in season 1.

• Oh, I definitely remembered that. I always just assumed another bandit(probably either Bart or Linda) grabbed her at the last second and yanked her out of the car(?) for Jake.

As for what exactly happened, the way I always took it was that she and Danielle ran into the three at some point and, recognizing them from work, let her guard down. They eventually revealed themselves to have become the Save Lots Bandits, kidnapped and raped Jolene(most likely repeatedly), and had Danielle taken away. They eventually got bored of her and left her behind at her camp(which I half assume was one of their's for a while) to fend for herself.
    I suppose it's vaguely possible that Danny may have made the deal with them somewhere during this time period, but that's just speculation at that point.
    Either way, Jolene understandably became unstable due to these events, apparently began hunting down lone Bandits whenever she got the chance, and started spying on everything they and any other neighboring survivors were up to, but always returned back to her camp in hopes that Danielle will come back someday.

I've been playing on season 1 on PS4 and I never noticed before the bandit leader dude sneaking up behind Jolene while she's recording her r

• I thought it was pretty clear. Jolene let her guard down because she used to work at Save Lots as well and recognized her former coworkers. They took her daughter and presumably raped her and Jolene and took the little girl with them to torment Jolene. This ended up driving Jolene insane and she stayed waiting in the woods for her daughter to return, "one way or another". The bandits eventually had their eye on the dairy but the St. John brothers were able to temporarily placate them by offering them food.

I've been playing on season 1 on PS4 and I never noticed before the bandit leader dude sneaking up behind Jolene while she's recording her r

• What about when Andy implies Danny knows Jolene?
    What did they "take her away" for? If you were a rapist bandit, why would you kill the girl you're raping?
    And yeah, I guessed she worked at save-lots based on her vest, but something just doesn't add up.

I thought it was pretty clear. Jolene let her guard down because she used to work at Save Lots as well and recognized her former coworkers.

• I just get this strange feeling that they detailed a backstory for the save-lots bandits, but left most of it out or vague

Oh, I definitely remembered that. I always just assumed another bandit(probably either Bart or Linda) grabbed her at the last second and yan

• When does he imply that Danny knew Jolene specifically? iirc Lee just says that they ran into a woman in the woods and then Andy says that Danny talks more than he should. Hardly enough context given for Andy to know they were talking about Jolene. I'm sure there are lots of women in the woods.

They took the daughter away either to torment Jolene or to to continue to rape her or both. They were monsters.

She absolutely worked at Save Lots because her vest also had her nametag on it. I don't really know what you're implying here.

What about when Andy implies Danny knows Jolene? What did they "take her away" for? If you were a rapist bandit, why would you kill the gir

• What about when Andy implies Danny knows Jolene?

More like Jolene implies she knows Danny and he later. Unless I'm missing something, Andy just acknowledges that it's very possible whoever they met out there does know Danny.

What did they "take her away" for?

Personally, I just assumed they just walked her off for shits and giggles. Which may or may not have involved executing her.
    Okay, there is another theory as well, but it's very unlikely to have any grounding to it.

What about when Andy implies Danny knows Jolene? What did they "take her away" for? If you were a rapist bandit, why would you kill the gir

• I'm surprised the meat locker choice isn't that high. Thought it was like 70% of the work of getting him to come to you

Courtesy of the Bossman, this is how you make a redneck happy. Episode 1 Save Duck = 2 points Side with Kenny over Larry = 1.5 p

• Which is weird because I vaguely recall being able to get him to do so despite siding against him on both major choices.

Dan10 posted: »

I'm surprised the meat locker choice isn't that high. Thought it was like 70% of the work of getting him to come to you

• I'm not sure either, to be honest.

When does he imply that Danny knew Jolene specifically? iirc Lee just says that they ran into a woman in the woods and then Andy says that D

• Oh don't start that shit again. We already argued about what happened to her before and that went on long enough.
    And stop with the vague comments like that one at the end and just tell me what you're thinking (to be fair, I'm guilty of doing this, too)

What about when Andy implies Danny knows Jolene? More like Jolene implies she knows Danny and he later. Unless I'm missing something

• That is a strong possibility. There are a lot of unused lines with the game and they bothered naming six of the bandits, one of which was involved in Jolene's backstory and even showed up during the Motel raid.

I just get this strange feeling that they detailed a backstory for the save-lots bandits, but left most of it out or vague

• Don'cha just love when you end up making incomplete sentences with the intention of finishing it before posting and you post anyway?

Oh don't start that shit again. We already argued about what happened to her before and that went on long enough.

About what?

And stop with the vague comments like that one at the end and just tell me what you're thinking (to be fair, I'm guilty of doing this, too)

I meant that Danielle(and/or Adam, for that matter) may still be out there somewhere.

Oh don't start that shit again. We already argued about what happened to her before and that went on long enough. And stop with the vague c

• Like the bandit that was apparently hogging supplies with the guy that got killed in episode 2? Yeah, I just get this weird feeling... I dunno, I can't explain it.

That is a strong possibility. There are a lot of unused lines with the game and they bothered naming six of the bandits, one of which was involved in Jolene's backstory and even showed up during the Motel raid.

• Oh she's out there. Dead.
    She could be a walker though. No telling if bandits know about the headshot thing. They seem pretty stupid honestly. It's a wonder they didn't tear each other to pieces.

Don'cha just love when you end up making incomplete sentences with the intention of finishing it before posting and you post anyway? O

• Uh...maybe not him, but I can doublecheck.

I was mainly referring to Linda, though one of said lines also implied that the Bandit Leader is in fact Jake.

Like the bandit that was apparently hogging supplies with the guy that got killed in episode 2? Yeah, I just get this weird feeling... I dunno, I can't explain it.

• Found this on the walking dead Reddit page:

"Lee died never being first. You know, no one ever put him as a priority. Even before the apocalypse his wife would rather go off with some sleazy senator than start a family with him--which was what they fought about. In the group no one ever thought he was worthy of being a leader (except for Carley, and you know what happened to her). No one ever thought he was a good enough guardian to Clementine and would always rub in his face that he could never replace her parents. At the end, Clementine herself proved that to be a fact.

I know that's his purpose...being the protagonist and all...but when I think about it in the big picture it's really depressing."

• mrazi
  • edited May 2018

Finally found the OG WoG on the matter.
    So humbling/understanding

Here is that infamous mystery encouraging conversation around Clementine.

• What's even the point of saying all this stuff about Clems parents anyway? Suddenly Clem's dad wasnt her real dad, but now he is and its not her real mom now. Better yet why is all of this stuff that is said outside the game as if it is even important. Getting more flashbacks to characters like Joan just getting backstories from Telltale on the forums rather than just implementing them into the game to actually make the character interesting.

Finally found the OG WoG on the matter. So humbling/understanding

• Correction: It was that Diana was the stepparent originally behind closed doors, then [whoever it is] hinted offhand that Ed wasn't necessarily her biological dad in a Q&A. It's entirely possible that it's one of those things that was included in like private data files or audition bios that never made it into the game for whatever reason.

Poogers555 posted: »

What's even the point of saying all this stuff about Clems parents anyway? Suddenly Clem's dad wasnt her real dad, but now he is and its not

• edited May 2018

Well thats what Im saying. Non of this is important but for some reason its always talked about and taken as cannon for some reason. Just having someone who worked on the game to come to the forums or something, and just go "oh yeah btw this detail not ever mentioned or hinted to in the game is infact now cannon lmao" I find to just be so stupid. Like I was saying about Joan's backstory. For some reason Telltale just came to the forums and just wrote like her life story to attempt to make her more interesting.

Basically why is it important that Telltale decided to randomly start stating that Clem's parents arnt her real parents, and to be saying all this not even in the game. Its just stupid, it will never play a part in the game so why keep making up shit on the fly without even thinking? Its how shit like this happens with one person going "nah man not real dad lmao" and then "nah man real dad fake mom" and then it just causes mass contradictions to a subject that was never important to the story and is ever going to be addressed in the game, so why even bother trying to add this "new lore" if its completely pointless and all it does is take away Clem's parents roles in Season 1 by trying to make them into something they never were?

Correction: It was that Diana was the stepparent originally behind closed doors, then [whoever it is] hinted offhand that Ed wasn't necessar

• So what you're saying is, Mr. Vanaman is full of shit?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well thats what Im saying. Non of this is important but for some reason its always talked about and taken as cannon for some reason. Just ha

• edited May 2018

No because his original idea about Clem's mom being her step mom was "closed doored" like you said, meaning players would not know this information. This also meant that up until someone decided to just randomly change Clem's parents, both of Clem's parents were still canonically her biological parents. What I am saying is stupid is that after the fact years later, outside of the game series, Telltale just comes in AMA's and the forums and just decides to "change Clem's parents" for no reason at all. This change doesn't give any purpose to the story and its not like Vanaman's original idea which was "close-doored" it was stated publicly.

What I think is stupid is Telltale coming back years later, and changing characters in the past, outside of the game, for no reason other than to just change it because "why not." I could not care at all if Telltale's original plan was for Clem's parents to not be her biological parents, but coming back years later to revisit it, and just "confirm" that they arnt her real parents, here on the forums instead of in the game itself I find to just be beyond dumb.

So what you're saying is, Mr. Vanaman is full of shit?

• I made a video covering all the cut audio from the Sandra flashback, a good portion (no dialogue though) are still in the files! To back it up, here's some lines that the game spews out while it's playing.

• Holy shit that sfx flashback sound at the end of the video man..

I made a video covering all the cut audio from the Sandra flashback, a good portion (no dialogue though) are still in the files! To back it up, here's some lines that the game spews out while it's playing.

• You know, that's what I find really peculiar: the episode(s) was apparently complete and in near release-worthy order when Mr. Job play[test]ed[(?) it and yet they would later cut a lot of the stuff, trim certain scenes down, and add in some new things for the actual release.
    Makes you wonder what the heck happened to trigger such a serious overhaul?

I made a video covering all the cut audio from the Sandra flashback, a good portion (no dialogue though) are still in the files! To back it up, here's some lines that the game spews out while it's playing.

• I wouldn't say that this is the absolute reason but it definitely has something to do with micromanagement.

You know, that's what I find really peculiar: the episode(s) was apparently complete and in near release-worthy order when Mr. Job play[test

• edited May 2018

Apparently, Badger was originally supposed to flat out set Prescott on fire. There's both an unused argument between him and Max about it and a line from Tripp at the beginning of Above the Law.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.