Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Probably because he sounds like an intelligent, cultured chap and not Kenny.

According to IMDB, Gavin Hammon (voice of Kenny) also played the scavenger bot's voice in Dead Space 3 personality pack dlc. I didn't even recognize him, and I've been hearing the voice lines over and over for the past month.

• The Cabin Group went through at least one city after escaping Howe's Hardware, to Alvin's discomfort.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'll make the assumption that the raid was meant to be much larger in scale, but they either didn't have the time or resources to make it look that way. So we end up with 3 cars, 4 bad guys, and a grand total of one Wellington resident besides Edith.

DabigRG posted: »

Can I just say that I love how only three vehicles of people angry about not having food manage to be enough of a threat that it turns Edith

• He also played some NPCs in Tomb Raider 2013.

According to IMDB, Gavin Hammon (voice of Kenny) also played the scavenger bot's voice in Dead Space 3 personality pack dlc. I didn't even recognize him, and I've been hearing the voice lines over and over for the past month.

• edited January 2018

That's awesome. I actually played that game a few years back and recognized his voice, I just forgot all about it. I felt bad killing him. ?

AronDracula posted: »

He also played some NPCs in Tomb Raider 2013.

• And it's so surprising that he is using the same accent. Outside his work, Gavin sounds very different compared to his characters.

That's awesome. I actually played that game a few years back and recognized his voice, I just forgot all about it. I felt bad killing him. ?

• Eh, I'd feel worse about his brother, tbh.

• How do you know?

The Cabin Group went through at least one city after escaping Howe's Hardware, to Alvin's discomfort.

• He mentions it during the kitchen conversation.

How do you know?

• Can you provide the quote?

He mentions it during the kitchen conversation.

• Sorry, my labtop's browser wasn't working right and I stepped away for a while.

It's @ 3:40.

Can you provide the quote?

• What were Roman and the pitstop group feeding the watchdogs? Looked like guts from someone or something.

• Wrong thread.

What were Roman and the pitstop group feeding the watchdogs? Looked like guts from someone or something.

• Woopswoopswoops

Wrong thread.

• edited January 2018

I believe it was a puppy or a rabbit at first.

EDIT: It was guts. I don’t know who from though.

What were Roman and the pitstop group feeding the watchdogs? Looked like guts from someone or something.

• No, a puppy is what Jean's walker(or just Jean with a half-assed transformation after getting shot) was eating when Shel noticed she wasn't paying attention.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I believe it was a puppy or a rabbit at first. EDIT: It was guts. I don’t know who from though.

• edited January 2018

Thanks to @Alyssa_TTG, this is the song that was used during the ANF EP.5 trailer

https://audiojungle.net/item/epic-folk-battle/19602172?s_rank=1

• Thank You, and Alissa!

Thanks to @Alyssa_TTG, this is the song that was used during the ANF EP.5 trailer https://audiojungle.net/item/epic-folk-battle/19602172?s_rank=1

• edited February 2018

The reason is because I’ve posted many things in the past and most turned out being correct. The things I posted that didn’t happen were things that were scrapped.

A staff member said season 2 of GoT was cancelled. I didn’t pull that out of thin air lol. If I wanted to I could have made that up years ago but I wanted to wait to be sure.

If you want just pm and I’ll explain so we don’t derail this thread.

Even so, no offense to Don't Look Back, but I'm not ready to assume every thing she says as fact. Unless she's got some real deep inside inf

• edited February 2018

Kenny will forever live on throughout the Gaming Industry! ❤

AronDracula posted: »

He also played some NPCs in Tomb Raider 2013.

• edited February 2018

Here's a few details within From the Gallows I took note of:

The achievement for Chapter 2 was called "Promises and Lies"

A walker surprises Kate for a few seconds but she just thwacks it with her crowbar before moving on. Javier doesn't actually bother getting on edge when he sees this.

David kidnaps Gabe using Badger's Truck.

Apparently, Kate and Clementine doesn't use the Frontloader to plug the breach. (Not 100% on this one since it went by so fast)

Gabe is strong enough to give Javier a boost.

For some reason, the Uncle-Nephew One-two Punch and Clementine may just stand there and smile at each other before she turns to leave.

• edited February 2018

Carlos tells Luke to take Clem with him the next day to keep an eye on her. (although who replies with the "what?" it sounds like nick but nobody's mouths move)
    an obvious reference to the deleted fishing scene?

Sorry, my labtop's browser wasn't working right and I stepped away for a while. It's @ 3:40.

• Oh my goodness, you're absolutely right! The final choice was supposed to be between going with Alvin&Luke or the Randalls.

And yes, the text color shows its supposed to Nick. Despite what I thought at first, for some reason.

Louche posted: »

Carlos tells Luke to take Clem with him the next day to keep an eye on her. (although who replies with the "what?" it sounds like nick but nobody's mouths move) an obvious reference to the deleted fishing scene?

• edited February 2018

Oh boy. I knew it. Can you remember any other examples of things that allude to deleted bits? I know there's more.
    Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be Luke.

Oh, and another interesting thing, another example of Carlos being in charge. He flat-out orders Luke to take her. There is no indication whatsoever that Luke is a leader like Carver/Bonnie say he is later on.
    Obvious re-write is obvious.

Oh my goodness, you're absolutely right! The final choice was supposed to be between going with Alvin&Luke or the Randalls. And yes, the text color shows its supposed to Nick. Despite what I thought at first, for some reason.

• Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be Luke.

Same. Then again, I suppose it couldn't really be anyone else.

Oh, and another interesting thing, another example of Carlos being in charge. He flat-out orders Luke to take her. There is no indication whatsoever that Luke is a leader like Carver/Bonnie say he is later on.

To be fair, it sounds more like a logical suggestion. "You wanna keep an eye on her? Then take her with you." Remember that Carlos and especially Rebecca weren't too keen about Clementine being there in the first place, even if the former got over it out of necessity.

But yeah, while it's very likely that there was still supposed to be something of a growing power struggle between Luke and Carlos, there really is little hint of Luke having any real authority.

Louche posted: »

Oh boy. I knew it. Can you remember any other examples of things that allude to deleted bits? I know there's more. Yeah, I thought it was

• Second time now that Nick has stolen lines that I thought were Luke's.

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be Luke. Same. Then again, I suppose it couldn't really be anyone else. Oh, and another int

• edited February 2018

Arvo is not a Russian name, but rather an uncommon one of its Finnish and Estonian immediate neighbors.
    Natasha and Vitali are indeed common Russian names, as you no doubt know. The former's "nickname" Maud is Old German one, though.
    Buricko doesn't seem to be a real name, though it may have at least been derived from the Czech-Slovakian Burich.

• And fun fact, Arvo also translates to "value" in Finnish

Arvo is not a Russian name, but rather an uncommon one of its Finnish and Estonian immediate neighbors. Natasha and Vitali are indeed commo

• edited February 2018

Yeah, I saw that, but didn't think it was worth mentioning. Especially since Buricko is such an odd one out despite being the leader.

ART-6 posted: »

And fun fact, Arvo also translates to "value" in Finnish

• Okay, I just had to link this

(Also, please be mindful not to post anything there.)

• a cup of pudding started a war
    lol.

• edited February 2018

Not to start any negativity, but here is a list of choices(the ever penetrating force throughout these games) from ANF and their effect:

Did Matter
    Not shooting Rufus(for what it's worth)
    Tellling the truth or covering up Eli's murder
    Escaping with your family or staying with Clementine
    Tying up or trusting "jesus"(Good bad glitches, yo)(EDIT:Dialogue)
    Agreeing to Conrad's deal or shooting him for Gabe(the latter in a very railroady way, but still)
    Demanding Justice for Marianna's murder(sort of; they wasted a perfectly good plot)
    How Badger dies(assuming the headshot/throat-puncture is visible)
    Rejecting Max's promise
    Leaving with Kate or sticking to David's plan(for the most part; they wasted a perfectly good character)
    Rejecting, agreeing to, or deferring on Lingard's deal(in a way)
    Trying to save Ava or Tripp(not the in best way, mind you)
    Fighting David or saying you love him(Ha--Gayyyy!;in one small unorthodox way)(EDIT:Cosmetic)
    Saving Richmond with Kate or Saving Gabe from David(Ew boy...;Clementine=Red Ring)

Didn't Matter
    Supporting, parenting, OR mistreating Gabe throughout(They wasted a perfectly good plot)
    Staying in the Junkyard for Gabe(and Marianna) or heading back out on the road for Kate
    Your advice on the card game(for the better)
    Who you brought to the junkyard(besides some pointless shipteasing)
    Keeping the tape recorder
    Surrendering for Conrad, opening fire for Clementine, or negotiating for Tripp
    Saying Clementine is a delinquent and/or a bad influence on Gabe
    Betraying Clementine(and Gabe)'s trust in favor of Conrad's plan
    Using Clementine's notoriety to ease Max, capitulating with him, or refusing to stand down
    Taking Lingard's advice on not injecting the medicine into AJ(thanks a lot "Chris")
    Accepting Max's offer(in the long term; they wasted a perfectly good character)
    Sympathizing with Joan or persisting for David
    Promising to take care David's family or not
    Sharing or not returning Kate's feelings(in terms of what I've seen regarding the endings at least; correct me if there's a 3rd+ difference I don't know about)
    Taking Clint's deal or shooting Joan for David(and a mothafuckin nosedive!)
    Over half the shit in From the Gallows, really

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2018

Tying up or trusting "jesus"(Good bad glitches, yo)

This one technically does have an effect, albeit only through dialogue: if you don't let David into the factory in episode 3, Jesus' line will change based on tying him up. Either he says "I thought you were a good man" if you didn't tie him up, or "I should have trusted my gut about you" if you did.

Also the bug you mentioned was patched in some versions of the game, as well as the Collection edition.

Using Clementine's notoriety to ease Max, capitulating with him, or refusing to stand down

Depending on your definition of what matters, this also sort of has an effect: if you go all the way with Max (lower guns, get on your knees) it changes the scene in the beginning of episode 3. David responds a lot more angrily to Kate being on the ground, and you can call out Max for making you do it.

Also, I'm not sure if this is specifically what you're referencing with it, but choosing to fight David or not also has a cosmetic effect: Javier will have less cuts and bruises on his face if he fights back, which persists for the rest of the episode. Kinda like with the Lee and Kenny train fight back in S1.

Not to start any negativity, but here is a list of choices(the ever penetrating force throughout these games) from ANF and their effect:

• edited February 2018

This one technically does have an effect, albeit only through dialogue: if you don't let David into the factory in episode 3, Jesus' line will change based on tying him up. Either he says "I thought you were a good man" if you didn't tie him up, or "I should have trusted my gut about you" if you did.
    Depending on your definition of what matters, this also sort of has an effect: if you go all the way with Max (lower guns, get on your knees) it changes the scene in the beginning of episode 3. David responds a lot more angrily to Kate being on the ground, and you can call out Max for making you do it.

Oh yeah, I forgot that could happen! Probably cause I let David in on the former, while I honestly don't remember what I did at the end of Part 2, which I heard gets glitched on the Previously On segment anyway.

Also, I'm not sure if this is specifically what you're referencing with it, but choosing to fight David or not also has a cosmetic effect: Javier will have less cuts and bruises on his face if he fights back, which persists for the rest of the episode. Kinda like with the Lee and Kenny train fight back in S1

Neat.
    Thanks Bossman!

Deltino posted: »

Tying up or trusting "jesus"(Good bad glitches, yo) This one technically does have an effect, albeit only through dialogue: if you d

• When the "Didn't Matter" list is longer:

• In Episode 1 of ANF if you want to get the .5% decided to Negotiate with Badger all you have to do is nothing while Badger finishes his countdown.

In Prescott when you get the chance to take Tripps truck the next day or a horse the same night you'll realize the time of day is the same, so regardless of what you use the timing is exactly the same. That doesn't stop Javier from asking if he thought the truck would've been faster had he waited.

If you get a close-up of the face that shoots Marianna it's clearly Badger.

If you manage not to get Conrad to the end he's reading a book on the steps.

If Lingard lives to the end he doesn't appear happy that you saved him. How very Andrea of him!

There is an ending where David lives an walks away.

At the end of beginning of Episode 2 the car that is left by the New Frontier is the same car that Clementine crashes with Kenny.

• One other thing.

Javier says, "I can't believe you found weed." but if you noticed she's putting it in her back pocket when she leaves the house. So she must've lied and told Javi that she found it when she really brought it with her.

• edited March 2018

I think the implication is that they had already smoked what she had over the past few years, thus necessitating that they find more.
    Mariana notably didn't know they "did drugs" until sometime before that very night and because only Gabe told her.

vipprimo posted: »

One other thing. Javier says, "I can't believe you found weed." but if you noticed she's putting it in her back pocket when she leaves the house. So she must've lied and told Javi that she found it when she really brought it with her.

• edited February 2018

After Gabe has his intense moment with Conrad on the road, he turns around and runs off away from the others.
    But when Clementine goes to check on him after telling the others about Richmond, he's back by the back of the station wagon.

• edited March 2018

Around 3 or 4 years pass from when they leave the Garcia household to when Kate and Javi smoke the joint together. She 100% didn't save that small bit of weed for that long; the implication is that Kate found some more that some other survivors had either stashed or "grew before they knew they needed food".

vipprimo posted: »

One other thing. Javier says, "I can't believe you found weed." but if you noticed she's putting it in her back pocket when she leaves the house. So she must've lied and told Javi that she found it when she really brought it with her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.