Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

When you're walking through the blizzard in No Going Back, the walkers actually are starting to freeze from the cold

Nothing special, but it's a neat detail most people completely overlook

• Oh yeah, I do remember someone mentioning that.

Deltino posted: »

When you're walking through the blizzard in No Going Back, the walkers actually are starting to freeze from the cold Nothing special, but it's a neat detail most people completely overlook

• There are no pictures of Becca smiling on the wiki.

• edited April 2018

Here's some code for the Clementine's Hat and Meeting Sam stuff.

agh, it hurts to see. Interesting to see some more hostile lines to the dog.
    there were folders containing the code/text for season 1 on a site called github but I can't seem to access them now. I only did a quick look-through, but I recall Duck having a lot of cut lines and screams. (remember all those moments when he turns super quiet? yeah.)

There are no pictures of Becca smiling on the wiki.

Ever the master of useless trivia, eh

DabigRG posted: »

Here's some code for the Clementine's Hat and Meeting Sam stuff.

• I still haven't seen that in my game

When you're walking through the blizzard in No Going Back, the walkers actually are starting to freeze from the cold Nothing special, but it's a neat detail most people completely overlook

• ermagad, it's like symbolism or something?! :dizzy:

Clementine's Season 2 color scheme was apparently inspired by Michelle.

• agh, it hurts to see. Interesting to see some more hostile lines to the dog.

Are there? I didn't really read to much.

there were folders containing the code/text for season 1 on a site called github but I can't seem to access them now. I only did a quick look-through, but I recall Duck having a lot of cut lines and screams. (remember all those moments when he turns super quiet? yeah.)

Really now? That's interesting.
    What were a few of the lines?

Ever the master of useless trivia, eh

Oh, you'll see.

Louche posted: »

Here's some code for the Clementine's Hat and Meeting Sam stuff. agh, it hurts to see. Interesting to see some more hostile lines to

• Perhaps. And here I thought my Five Shards picture was just me being expansive.

ermagad, it's like symbolism or something?!

• Eleanor is one of the two Telltale [female] characters to have two introduction scenes. The other one is Sasha from Tales From The Borderlands.

(I haven't played all of Telltale's games, so feel free to correct me.)

• edited April 2018

Gwyn Whitehill from GoT is either introduced at a funeral or at a secret meeting depending on your choices.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Eleanor is one of the two Telltale [female] characters to have two introduction scenes. The other one is Sasha from Tales From The Borderlands. (I haven't played all of Telltale's games, so feel free to correct me.)

• Thanks for the info! :)

Gwyn Whitehill from GoT is either introduced at a funeral or at a secret meeting depending on your choices.

• Well, I did not know that.

• Five shards? Meaning what...?

Perhaps. And here I thought my Five Shards picture was just me being expansive.

• edited April 2018

you didn't read your own thing?
    it says "don't hurt me, go away, give me my hat" etc

Really now? That's interesting. What were a few of the lines?

It's confusing and hard to navigate for me.
    But as to your question:

178) DUCK [panicked, in tears] {fearc} Mom, I'm not a zombie, {fearA} I'm not.
    181) KATJAA {fearA} [panicked, hushed] Do you hurt, baby? {fearB} Anywhere?
    182) DUCK [panicked, in tears] {fearA } No, I don't know, {fearB} mom, I'm scared!

Nothing too surprising, but it would have been nice to have. I dunno why they did removed it for "duck gets silent when things go bad", that trait never really amounted to anything.
    And apparently there was originally a way to get the motel girl in Ep 1 eaten alive (there's a listing for "being eaten" and "horrific" screams") I got to look through more of these.

agh, it hurts to see. Interesting to see some more hostile lines to the dog. Are there? I didn't really read to much. there we

• edited April 2018

Aha, I finally found the dialogue from episode 4 I was looking for a while ago! I got this ONE time and I've played the game at least 10 times!
    This is if Kenny doesn't agree to come to find Clementine, but must still have had some positive relations with him.

247)KENNY {ThinkingA}{Body-A}I'll get the boat out onto the river. Figure I can wait there until you get back. {DIsgustA}Or at least until nightfall.
    251)LEE [pickup][grim, sadness]{AngryA}{Body-B}You're still gonna take me, even bit?
    246) KENNY [grim] {SadA}{Body-A}Yeah. We'll figure out what to do about that when the time comes.

I really, really like that exchange. I wish I knew what triggers it. Maybe you have to show Kenny the bite? (sometimes I just let the timer run out)

Oh, and here's a pretty funny line because, foreshadowing.

237) KENNY {AngryB}{Body-A}If anything has happened to that boat when we get back I will fucking bury you in that back yard. {AngryC}Are we clear?

WHY DID THEY CUT THAT?

• you didn't read your own thing?
    it says "don't hurt me, go away, give me my hat" etc

Not really. I just skimmed it and went, "Oh hey, the unused dialogue options from that scene in @Graysonn's video!" Neat!

It's confusing and hard to navigate for me.
    But as to your question:

Oh, so you found it again? Cool.

178) DUCK [panicked, in tears] {fearc} Mom, I'm not a zombie, {fearA} I'm not.
    181) KATJAA {fearA} [panicked, hushed] Do you hurt, baby? {fearB} Anywhere?
    182) DUCK [panicked, in tears] {fearA } No, I don't know, {fearB} mom, I'm scared!

Oh yeah, I remember these. I'm pretty sure they're actually from Episode 1, when Larry thought he had been bitten.

Nothing too surprising, but it would have been nice to have. I dunno why they did removed it for "duck gets silent when things go bad", that trait never really amounted to anything.

Eh, I think it kinda lends to hypothetical Sad Clown interpretation of his otherwise simple and intentionally bad example'd character.

And apparently there was originally a way to get the motel girl in Ep 1 eaten alive (there's a listing for "being eaten" and "horrific" screams") I got to look through more of these.

Damn, what the fuck?!

I can only assume that was a possible result of falling of the railing, but still.

you didn't read your own thing? it says "don't hurt me, go away, give me my hat" etc Really now? That's interesting. What were a few

• I should probably use some of those emotion/gesture logs in the future.

247)KENNY {ThinkingA}{Body-A}I'll get the boat out onto the river. Figure I can wait there until you get back. {DIsgustA}Or at least until nightfall.
    251)LEE [pickup][grim, sadness]{AngryA}{Body-B}You're still gonna take me, even bit?
    246) KENNY [grim] {SadA}{Body-A}Yeah. We'll figure out what to do about that when the time comes.

I really, really like that exchange. I wish I knew what triggers it. Maybe you have to show Kenny the bite? (sometimes I just let the timer run out)

You know what, that actually is a pretty good exchange.

Oh, and here's a pretty funny line because, foreshadowing.

237) KENNY {AngryB}{Body-A}If anything has happened to that boat when we get back I will fucking bury you in that back yard. {AngryC}Are we clear?

WHY DID THEY CUT THAT?

Probably because they made him being a selfish, pigheaded asshole obvious enough without having him outright threaten to kill someone.

Though I vaguely recall hearing something to that effect, for some reason.

Aha, I finally found the dialogue from episode 4 I was looking for a while ago! I got this ONE time and I've played the game at least 10 tim

• You know what, that actually is a pretty good exchange.

Well, it's in the game. I just gotta figure how to trigger it. Grrr.

Probably because they made him being a selfish, pigheaded asshole obvious enough without having him outright threaten to kill someone.Though I vaguely recall hearing something to that effect, for some reason.

I think he just says "what about the boat?" Then Lee says somebody would have stolen it already if they wanted it.
    Probably the original idea was that if you were on rockier terms with Kenny but persuaded him to come with you, he would give you that "if anything happens to the boat" line

I should probably use some of those emotion/gesture logs in the future. 247)KENNY {ThinkingA}{Body-A}I'll get the boat out onto the ri

• Sadly, it seems the game files do not seem to contain any of the deleted clem/lee conversation that was seen in the long road ahead trailer. That was one I was looking for. :disappointed:
    There was a little more Ben dialogue, but mostly just to segue into another topic with Lee.
    Which reminds me, you know that you can warn Clem to stay away from Ben, but you have to do everything in a certain order or the option doesn't come up (even though the line about chuck never goes away) it's really freakin annoying.

you didn't read your own thing? it says "don't hurt me, go away, give me my hat" etc Not really. I just skimmed it and went, "Oh

• What order do you have to do things in?

Sadly, it seems the game files do not seem to contain any of the deleted clem/lee conversation that was seen in the long road ahead trailer.

• That's the problem, I don't know! :tired_face:
    It must be a glitch. I can't imagine any other reason. Once Ben reveals he stole the supplies, you should have the option to warn Clementine. But for some reason the option barely ever comes up (again, even though the "what do you think about chuck" option never freakin goes away")

What order do you have to do things in?

• edited April 2018

According to the wiki Oceanside is based in or around Virginia, which means the Fairbanks are fairly close to where Clementine currently is (or at the very least we know they're probably in the same state anyway.) Maybe this means a reappearance of the Fairbanks isn't too far fetched?

• I remember that being a source of speculation here when "Season 3" was being teased. Complete with JavierxSamantha.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

According to the wiki Oceanside is based in or around Virginia, which means the Fairbanks are fairly close to where Clementine currently is

• Complete with JavierxSamantha

Hmmmm

I remember that being a source of speculation here when "Season 3" was being teased. Complete with JavierxSamantha.

edited April 2018

This actually is in the game. It is used if only Ben stays behind with the boat. Omid asks if everyone's okay leaving only Ben to look after the boat, and Christa replies "what other choice do we have?", followed by Kenny turning to Ben and saying this line.

247)KENNY {ThinkingA}{Body-A}I'll get the boat out onto the river. Figure I can
    wait there until you get back. {DIsgustA}Or at least until nightfall.
    251)LEE [pickup][grim, sadness]{AngryA}{Body-B}You're still gonna take me,
    even bit?
    246) KENNY [grim] {SadA}{Body-A}Yeah. We'll figure out what to do about that
    when the time comes.

As for this, you are right. This line shows up if you showed the bite, and if Kenny doesn't come with you, but you've still had a somewhat positive relationship with him. Or in the simplest terms, this happens if Kenny gave you the Christian man speech and you don't convince him. There's also an alternate version used for if you hid the bite.

Which reminds me, you know that you can warn Clem to stay away from Ben, but you have to do everything in a certain order or the option doesn't come up (even though the line about chuck never goes away) it's really freakin annoying.

And this is simpler than you'd think. Just don't talk to Clementine at all until after the scene where Ben confesses. After the Chuck scene, grab the whiskey, go back to Chuck, tell Kenny to have a drink, grab the map, and then try to go back to the boxcar. Ben's confession triggers after you have picked up the map. After that scene, talking to Clementine should now have the "Be careful around Ben" option.

Aha, I finally found the dialogue from episode 4 I was looking for a while ago! I got this ONE time and I've played the game at least 10 tim

• edited April 2018

How are you so knowledgeable? :flushed:

This actually is in the game. It is used if only Ben stays behind with the boat. Omid asks if everyone's okay leaving only Ben to look after the boat, and Christa replies "what other choice do we have?", followed by Kenny turning to Ben and saying this line.

Well, I'll be. That must be a rare one. But kudos for the info

this happens if Kenny gave you the Christian man speech and you don't convince him. There's also an alternate version used for if you hid the bite.

What I can't remember is if he can say that if you tell him to fuck off.
    Also what is this alternate version you speak of?

And this is simpler than you'd think. Just don't talk to Clementine at all until after the scene where Ben confesses. After the Chuck scene, grab the whiskey, go back to Chuck, tell Kenny to have a drink, grab the map, and then try to go back to the boxcar. Ben's confession triggers after you have picked up the map. After that scene, talking to Clementine should now have the "Be careful around Ben" option.

Really? How'd you figure that out? It always seemed like the game was glitched. Surely that couldn't have been intentional? It makes it seem like a puzzle except that makes no sense.
    Speaking of which, I have had some strange glitches on the train, like when I was in the cab with Kenny, the camera view got stuck outside the damn thing.

237) KENNY {AngryB}{Body-A}If anything has happened to that boat when we get back I will fucking bury you in that back yard. {AngryC}Are we

How are you so knowledgeable?

I have no idea

What I can't remember is if he can say that if you tell him to fuck off.
    Also what is this alternate version you speak of?

I actually can't remember, either. But I'd like to say that he doesn't. As for the alternate version, its basically the same conversation, except Lee doesn't mention the bite, obviously.

Really? How'd you figure that out? It always seemed like the game was glitched. Surely that couldn't have been intentional? It makes it seem like a puzzle except that makes no sense.

Well, the way the whole "training Clementine" thing works is relatively simple. There's three mission-critical objects you need:

• The whiskey bottle

• The map

• The scissors

The thing is, you can pick up all three before you even bother talking to Clementine. But with the way they set the scene up, most people will end up grabbing the map last, which inadvertently locks the "Be careful around Ben" dialogue option. Most people talk to Clementine immediately after the scene with Chuck. But talking to her at all before Ben confesses, for some odd reason, makes the option not appear. There's a few weird moments like this where talking to a character at a specific time/order can lock out other dialogue options. For example, you can't talk to Omid about southern history if you talked to him first. You have to talk to Christa first in order to get that option to appear. But back to the point: if you instead grab the whiskey bottle and head to the front of the train, you can get Ben's confession out of the way before you even bother talking to (and training) Clementine. And since you didn't talk to her as mentioned above, that makes the Ben option appear.

And yes, that sequence can occasionally glitch out. I had the camera out of the cab happen to me before.

How are you so knowledgeable? This actually is in the game. It is used if only Ben stays behind with the boat. Omid asks if everyone'

• Ya know, I know people can't seem to stop sucking Season 1's dick so much, but I really do enjoy when that kind of attention to detail is used. Even when stuff that this lockout shit can happen.

It's something I've been actively trying to replicate in my rewrites, for better or worse.

How are you so knowledgeable? I have no idea What I can't remember is if he can say that if you tell him to fuck off. Also

• edited April 2018

Damn. Well, that's cool to know, thanks.
    I actually found that omid/christa one on my own. These seem almost like they should count as glitches, don't you think?
    Are there any other examples of this "locked dialogue" thing?

I have something of minor interest to note. The infamous "alive inside" track will loop endlessly instead of stopping if you reload the game when lee goes to confront Chuck. Well, until the "training clementine" track starts. Otherwise, it's just ambient train noises in between.

How are you so knowledgeable? I have no idea What I can't remember is if he can say that if you tell him to fuck off. Also

• According to Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman, originally Lee could give the axe to more characters, not just Larry or Mark. But only a few of them were going to come to Lee's rescue when Travis/Mr Parker turns. It was not stated who the characters were.

• Really now? That's interesting.
    Kinda prefer it being just Mark or Larry though.

Where'd you here this?

Fangirl101 posted: »

According to Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman, originally Lee could give the axe to more characters, not just Larry or Mark. But only a few of them were going to come to Lee's rescue when Travis/Mr Parker turns. It was not stated who the characters were.

• At the beginning of s3e4, the batting cage concession stand sells soft drinks that not so vaguely resemble real life soda brands.

The available sodas were caca-colo, diet cack, spreet, Dr. Pappy, merntin der, and root beer.

• Cheezits, are these soda brands or Kate's secret aphrodisiac-recreational franchise?

And root beer!

At the beginning of s3e4, the batting cage concession stand sells soft drinks that not so vaguely resemble real life soda brands. The available sodas were caca-colo, diet cack, spreet, Dr. Pappy, merntin der, and root beer.

• Here is that infamous mystery encouraging conversation around Clementine.
    enter image description here

• You know how Conrad can die in most episodes depending on your choices and/or survive till the end? Someone actually suggested doing something like that with Nick back in Season 2.

• so much wat in one post, I can't even

Here is that infamous mystery encouraging conversation around Clementine.

• sure, except there's nowhere for Nick to go and he'll have to die abruptly off-screen for ANF so... eh

You know how Conrad can die in most episodes depending on your choices and/or survive till the end? Someone actually suggested doing something like that with Nick back in Season 2.

• Ch'yeah, pretty much.

Then again, that thread was made before the Kenny and Jane completely hijacked and/or aborted the plot.

sure, except there's nowhere for Nick to go and he'll have to die abruptly off-screen for ANF so... eh

• Yes, you could leave Kenny out completely and have some bonding moments between Nick and Clem in episode 4 and 5. If anything though, this means killing off Luke earlier. I feel like Luke needs to be gone for Nick to grow as a character.

Ch'yeah, pretty much. Then again, that thread was made before the Kenny and Jane completely hijacked and/or aborted the plot.

• I'm almost halfway between agreeing with you and saying pass.

Yes, you could leave Kenny out completely and have some bonding moments between Nick and Clem in episode 4 and 5. If anything though, this means killing off Luke earlier. I feel like Luke needs to be gone for Nick to grow as a character.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.