Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Something I just found out in Season 2 when I replayed it on the collection to prepare myself for Season 4:

In Episode 4, after Rebecca gives birth to AJ, Kenny and Luke start fighting. Kenny wants to leave the next morning and head toward Wellington, Luke wants to wait a few days to let Rebecca rest and recuperate. You are given the option to choose which of them to side with that ultimately greatly upsets the other. When the season originally launched, I initially chose Kenny's choice and Luke was really angry with me and mentions it again in the episode and I think in Episode 5. A subsequent play through, I picked Luke's choice and Kenny is outraged with me.

However, this time when I replayed it, I didn't say anything at all and let it time out. They ultimately go with Kenny's choice to leave the next morning and Luke looks at me angrily because I didn't support him though it doesn't say either of them will remember and neither one is angry with you. Luke will be upset they didn't wait but he doesn't call out Clementine or show that he's upset with her in any way like he does if you agree with Kenny to leave in the morning.

• It has been noted that the amount of time it takes for a person to turn varies, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours.

Translation: whenever it's convenient for the plot.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I am pretty sure Rebecca in season 2 and Greg in Michonne turned pretty fast too.

• Yep, I am aware of that :)

It has been noted that the amount of time it takes for a person to turn varies, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours. Translation: whenever it's convenient for the plot.

• Will post it here too. Did anyone noticed that one of the walkers at the train station (the male one) has different colored eyes? Was he related to Abel? Is that why he was at that station?

• “Done Running” has the most mentioned characters from previous seasons. I think Clem can bring up Lee, Kenny, Alvin, Rebecca, Javier, and Gabe. Correct me if I’m missing someone.

• It looks like Gary Whitta is not the only person Telltale has sought out to help with this season. For the Additional Writing credits for this episode, it lists both Whitta and JT Petty. While his role with later episodes is unknown, Petty was one of the co-writers for Amid the Ruins from Season 2 (along with Eric Stirpe) and also wrote Outlast and Outlast 2.

• edited August 2018

Clem mentioned Carver in my walkthrough when I asked worst injury witnessed at the card table.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

“Done Running” has the most mentioned characters from previous seasons. I think Clem can bring up Lee, Kenny, Alvin, Rebecca, Javier, and Gabe. Correct me if I’m missing someone.

• Where can she mention Kenny and Javier?

“Done Running” has the most mentioned characters from previous seasons. I think Clem can bring up Lee, Kenny, Alvin, Rebecca, Javier, and Gabe. Correct me if I’m missing someone.

• edited August 2018

During the card game, when Louis asks if you killed anybody you loved (but to get the Kenny option you had to shoot him in S2).

Where can she mention Kenny and Javier?

• Aah, Thanks

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

(Spoiler)

• You can also mention Mark if you ask them the worst thing they've ever eaten... Clem says that she ate a man's legs before, they ask if she is kidding and Clem says yes. I have no idea if Clem's response is actually determined by whether Lee stopped her from eating in time or not.

• Woah wait, when can I talk about Javi?

• Ask if they met anyone famous

EbiManami posted: »

Woah wait, when can I talk about Javi?

• She can also mention Carver if you pick 'Most gruesome death you've ever seen' and if you stayed behind to watch in season 2

• What does Clem talk about if you didn't stay behind to watch?

Cheddarhead posted: »

She can also mention Carver if you pick 'Most gruesome death you've ever seen' and if you stayed behind to watch in season 2

• No idea

What does Clem talk about if you didn't stay behind to watch?

• I was curious how that part played out since that wasn't one of the choices in the story builder.

• Main reason why importing your save is infinitely better than using the story generator. ANF had the same issue where there were past choices that could change dialogue but they weren't accounted for in the generator.

I was curious how that part played out since that wasn't one of the choices in the story builder.

• In Marlon’s office, one may notice Hershel’s farm hanging on the wall.

• Hey @telltalegames remember this choice (link: ) m.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8bSp…
    Why is it not in this season I just want this to be fixed in episode 2
    And her scar
    (link: ) m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5HkVG…
    Can they just reply and tell me they see this

Yes i know one...Kenny has a godlike beard now, instead of a divine Mustache! Many people seem to forget that!

• That's brilliantly fucked up.

Poogers555 posted: »

So I didnt notice this in the demo (Im sure its there) but the "cook book" Aj is reading is written by what I think we can assume was the St. John's father, AKA the Cannibal family. Thought that was a nice Easter egg.

• Yeah, I noticed.
    Still probably better at it than me, though. :confused:

lupinb0y posted: »

I you listen closely you can tell that Louis is terrible at the piano. He has some pretty good pipes though.

• To be fair, it seemed like quite a few seconds passed before she actually started offscreen.
    And she got nothing on poor Greg.

lupinb0y posted: »

The season premiere has the fastest reanimation so far in The Walking Dead franchise. The previous record holder being Spencer on the tv show who turned in a couple minutes, whereas [REDACTED] turned in under a minute.

• edited August 2018

Spoiler for Done Running.

After Brody is attacked, her right pupil dilates and her left pupil constricts. Which means she more than likely got a concussion from the hit.

• I went to Wellington and THERE is no choice in the story generator i now cant play season 4 i must buy season 3 for the correct gameplay

Bjdavis5 posted: »

Hey @telltalegames remember this choice (link: ) m.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8bSp… Why is it not in this season I just want this to be fixed i

• Brenda called him Terry, and the book says Jimmy.

• Aasim seems to have trouble paying attention to his surroundings, I have a hunch that is foreshadowing.

• I doubt I'm the first to point this out and it's not important

In episode 1 of the first season in Clementine's house Lee can take a drink of water from the cup on the sink. In episode 1 of the final season if you took the canteen Clementine can take a drink from the rainwater collector.

I remembered this because back in season 1 I joked that the glass of water had bacteria which would kill Lee in the finale ( I was so young then)

Also there's a rush reference in new frontier a sign saying 2112 is in the junkyard I think you only see it when you come back

• edited August 2018

S4 E1 Spoilers below

Louis was playing a piano which had the manufacturer name "Blackraven" on it.

Black Raven is a German rock-n-roll band whose music can be classified as rockabilly or Teddy Boy style rock. For those of who know what rockabilly or Teddy Boy style is, you can easily see the similarity between Marlon's haircut and the stereotypical Teddy Boy hairstyle. I think this was intentional.

Tlingit culture (Alaskan indigenous people) worshiped raven as a trickster/creator god. I think this is referring to Lou, since he certainly seems like the trickster type of guy. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

A raven also is considered as a symbol of bad luck and ill omen in world culture, which might foreshadow Lou's character as a whole. It could have also foreshadowed Marlon (the link between Raven Bird's rockabilly/Teddy Boy style rock and Marlon's haircut) as a character, since he ends up betraying Clem and AJ.

Just thought I'd share this detail(s). Don't know if any of this is intentional or not but I think some of it is at least.

• Same here ps3 and PS4

she said " duck..." in my play through (ps3)

• She just says "gross" to the others

• AJ's first human kill is very similar to Clem's first possible human kill.

Clem (determinately) shoots the stranger from behind with a single shot to the head after he had a lengthy verbal confrontation with Lee who he held at gunpoint.

AJ shoots Marlon from behind with a single shot to the head after he had a lengthy verbal confrontation with Clem who he held at gunpoint.

• We don't see Abel get bit we only see him pulled out of the window.noticed that on my third replay.

• edited August 2018

You can actually kill a walker from behind. Scene at 47:32.

• Yeah, that was very noticeable, actually.
    The fact that the subtitles shows him sayin "Dammit" also sticks out.

CapnJay posted: »

We don't see Abel get bit we only see him pulled out of the window.noticed that on my third replay.

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited August 2018

He won't be very happy to see us if he got away ala season one Kenny

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, that was very noticeable, actually. The fact that the subtitles shows him sayin "Dammit" also sticks out.

• When Louis asks if Clementine ever had a boyfriend, Violet is openly exasperated.
    But if you bring up Gabe, Violet is the one doing the probing.

• If you go hunting with Louis, you have an option to either kick the door open or open it slowly when you go to find Violet at the fishing shack. What you choose changes how AJ opens the door to your room later on.

If you chose to kick the door, AJ later says "stand back" just like Clementine did while he kicks the door open. He looks back at Clem and smiles but she gives him a look and he stops smiling.

If you chose to open it slowly, AJ later opens the door slowly and happily says "it's clear!" after scanning the room.

• When you return to the train station, if you don't press the button to kill the walker that grabs Clementine then AJ will stab it and save her.

• There's a hidden flag in actual saves that isn't in the story builder. My Jane save she mentioned carver getting his face bludgeoned in but not in my storybuilder save.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.