Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Episode 2 Release Date Discussion

Please use this thread for discussion about game release dates and/or discussion about the wait for the next episode. Thanks!

Release Dates:

• Main release date: September 25th
    • If any platforms/regions have a different release date, we will add more info here...

Warning, Trailer contains a fairly major spoiler

Featured News:

News

September 12th

August 28th

August 17th

August 15th

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2018

Episode 2 release date?

Does anyone know when is Telltale going to reveal release date for next episode?

• Dude the 1st episode literally just released.

• late septemember/early october is my guess. They are supposedly releasing "exclusive" footage at pax west. Likely for episode 2.

• I'm thinking October 2nd, seems reasonable.

• edited August 2018

If late september or early october is only going to be reveal of the release date then it means that we up for a long wait for the next episode :/

Plan_R posted: »

I'm thinking October 2nd, seems reasonable.

• I read somewhere that every episode will come out this year

• LOL wow that's fast. Idk whether to laugh more or less considering a mod made this and not some random impatient forum member lol

• Next episode to be hyped for...

• Carver Jr. gonna make things hard for Clem... Little shit.

• And now...

• I loved episode one, it was awesome! Now I'm going to be depressed until the second episode is out.

• Wonder if any returning character will be in the bandit group.

• I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Also Clem x Violent. Come on Telltale!

• Hope they continue with the length and good character building like this in the upcoming episodes because I'm really proud of what TT did with ep 1.

• Yeah the character building was great all the character with personality not like ANF

Hope they continue with the length and good character building like this in the upcoming episodes because I'm really proud of what TT did with ep 1.

• What are your estimated release windows for EP2? I'm going to guess late September - mid October.

• Waiting, my mortal enemy, we meet again.

I will say this, it's nice to be here and have mostly everything be positive for once. Hopefully that will make the wait better.

• I loved the episode! It's finally back to 2 hour length.

• I really hope the season keeps up the trend of 2 hour long episodes.

• What did you expected from a kid that was raised to kill all possible threat and had no social interaction with other people other than Clem all the time he was with Clem?

Carver Jr. gonna make things hard for Clem... Little shit.

• I propose to start with a simple guessing - how long before episode 2 is out? A month? Maybe two?

• 25 of September, 2 October or 9 of October

Tewudin posted: »

I propose to start with a simple guessing - how long before episode 2 is out? A month? Maybe two?

• I hope it comes out soon. Hopefully next month

• Tfw it’s already completed and they are working on ep 3

• I hate waiting.

• I usually hate waiting too, but for Telltale episodes I actually think a healthy waiting period does wonders. It's nice to have a chance to speculate and catch your breath, and reflect on what you did. I've never been a person to want an episode immediately after I just finished one.

protocol115 posted: »

I hate waiting.

• I really hope it's around this time in September or even earlier. Please not October. :(

Tewudin posted: »

I propose to start with a simple guessing - how long before episode 2 is out? A month? Maybe two?

• Maybe next month. I saw they are at pax West for the walking dead reunion and i read they will show an exclusive look at The Walking Dead The Final Season and since it are already out i think it’s episode 2

• Crazy how we're in one of the last Walking Dead waiting threads...

• Ones with Clem in it atleast

Crazy how we're in one of the last Walking Dead waiting threads...

• I hope telltale takes their time with this series. These two hour plus episodes really work in their favor.

• Hopefully the next episode will be released in late September or Late October.

• Definitely agree on Telltale taking their time to create longer episodes with more content and character building. I kind of hope they don't try and finish by the end of 2018.

• So how big a sigh of relief do you think is being exhaled at Telltale today? I figure at least two windows have been blown out by now.

• edited August 2018

Oh how I've both missed and haven't missed these threads.

Stay strong everyone!

• UGHHH I was so convinced that after ANF I was done playing TWD and Telltale games all together, but here I am along for the ride. Again.

I can’t wait for this next episode lmfao, maybe I should replay season 1 and 2 since it’s been so long.

Also im really curious as to how the episode waiting plays out nowadays, the last TT that i payed attention to the release of was GoT so this will be interesting I guess.

• Now we wait..

• Not much has really changed, it's still the usual waiting around memes/gifs and all that good stuff.

Green613 posted: »

UGHHH I was so convinced that after ANF I was done playing TWD and Telltale games all together, but here I am along for the ride. Again.

• Nah I mean like how are Telltales release patterns.

Like i remember for season 2 it was like every 2 months which i was fine with

Sign in to comment in this discussion.