Fishing Vs Hunting

I'm curious to know which one you chose to do, and what your opinion was on the interactions in either choice. Which one did you prefer?

Tagged:

Comments

• Fishing gives you a badass cat skull. Discussion closed.

• edited August 2018

Hunting

• Fishing was a lot more fun and there was good dialogue with Brody/Violet.

Bow hunting badass Clem gets to teach AJ the importance of long term planning and I got good Aasim conversation out of it.

I still like fishing the best

• Based on Marlon's description of the two, I went hunting because it seemed like Aasim would likely need help more than Violet or Brody would.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2018

Yeah, I think I would have chosen it if I knew that. I did fishing because I wanted to see if I could reference Season 2 Episode 1, and I actually had a lot of fun spear fishing.

EDIT: Waitaminute, the cat skull is in fishing too? Damnit.

Fishing gives you a badass cat skull. Discussion closed.

• You can also find the cat skull if you go hunting. It’s in the bushes on the opposite corner of the hub from louis

Fishing gives you a badass cat skull. Discussion closed.

• I went fishing because I wasn't sure if Lewis would even turn up. It was fun and AJ was cute getting his own fish.

• edited August 2018

Personally I chose to go hunting. Mainly because I was hoping to get to know Louis more and have some fun scenes. And I wasn't disappointed, It's nice to see Clem genuinely having fun for once.

• I didn't know that. That's cool, they made all the collectibles accessible in one playthrough. I actually went hunting and thought I missed out by default after finding out later, instead it was my fault.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

You can also find the cat skull if you go hunting. It’s in the bushes on the opposite corner of the hub from louis

• The playthrough I was given had them go Fishing with Violet and Brody. Which I actually didn't mind at that point.
    Still in the middle of seeing an alternative playthrough.

• I went hunting. It's way cooler than fishing, and I like Asim and Louis way more than anxious Brody and depressed Violet

• LOL I love Louis

Legendary12 posted: »

Personally I chose to go hunting. Mainly because I was hoping to get to know Louis more and have some fun scenes. And I wasn't disappointed, It's nice to see Clem genuinely having fun for once.

• I have so far done 2 playthroughs of episode 1. I will have to do a 3rd just to do the rabbit mission because of the achievement.

Both 2 times I went fishing.

On my first save file, i tend to keep it just organic. I go where I think Clem will have better interactions, and do what I genuinely think is best in the moment and see what kinda ending and story I get like the game is meant.

On my new save file, it's mostly for finding all the collectibles and tweaking any answer that I did wrong in the organic file.

So I will do my 1st playthroughs of every episode in the organic save file like I've played every other walking dead but use the 2nd save file to give different answers if I feel it might make the story better and find all the collectibles for Clem's room.

With the fishing scene, I think it builds amazing chemistry with Clem and Violet. It's the scene that made me ship them. And as others have mentioned. The cat skull is gnarly.

• I will keep it short and simple: I went hunting because I hate fish

• Hunting. I hate fish.

• I figured Hunting would be a job that needs more hands than fishing, so I went hunting. Plus I despised Brody from the moment I saw her.

• Fishing because you get to spend time with Violet, and Louis is annoying.

• edited August 2018

Fishing.
    1. I rather eat fish than rabbit.
    2. I prefer the company of Violet and Brody to that of Louis and Aasim.
    3. I'm a better fisher. Got all the fish, couldn't manage to hit any of the rabbits.

• edited August 2018

Hunting. I prefer Luis and Aasim to Violet, she annoys me. Don't mind Brody. But I mostly did it because it sounded like Luis might not show up and Aasim would need the help.

• edited August 2018

And here to think I was the only one who thought violet was annoying I prefer Louis way more than her

GamerLady posted: »

Hunting. I prefer Luis and Aasim to Violet, she annoys me. Don't mind Brody. But I mostly did it because it sounded like Luis might not show up and Aasim would need the help.

• Eh, she wasn't as bad as I thought she'd be, thankfully. They were actually pretty sparse about how they used her.

ADSAM posted: »

And here to think I was the only one who thought violet was annoying I prefer Louis way more than her

• I’m not saying I don’t like her I just find her very annoying

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, she wasn't as bad as I thought she'd be, thankfully. They were actually pretty sparse about how they used her.

• Yep. Super annoying I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. But I actually don't like her... at all. lol. However I'm up for her being more likable in episode 2. This is only the first episode so I'm optimistic.

ADSAM posted: »

I’m not saying I don’t like her I just find her very annoying

• I went with Violet and Brody. Now looking back, I'm thinking I probaby should've went with Louis, but I like Violet a little bit more, so I went with her.

• Violet, she annoys me

Yeah, she did come off as a total bitch in the beginning.

• You're not gonna buy it?

DabigRG posted: »

The playthrough I was given had them go Fishing with Violet and Brody. Which I actually didn't mind at that point. Still in the middle of seeing an alternative playthrough.

• edited August 2018

Louis is annoying. When you ask him to stop playing or ask him to play something else he doesn't and the way he flirts is obnoxious. When he asked if clem ever had a bf and then says clem could ask him if he ever had a gf and before clem even answers louis question he says I haven't by the way I wanted to roll my eyes. And if you say love is for suckers, just causes trouble louis replies with yeah but the best kind of trouble, right? I was like ugh dude just stop talking. When he said I like a woman who can take charge I face palmed. Louis is corny, cheesy, rushes, and tries too hard.
    Violet who just talks to clem normally, doesn't rush, doesn't act like a dog in heat, is cool, and actually seems shy at least at first which I think is adorable makes her a breath of fresh air. While louis is a breath of fresh hormones.

• edited August 2018

When I first played the episode I went fishing with Violet and Brody and I'm glad I did I feel like it contributes to the finale more.

Don't get me wrong I love Louis and I enjoyed hanging out with him in my second playthrogh but you don't really learn anything you didn't already know if you go with him instead and you miss out on your only chance to get to know Brody.

If you go fishing you get to know Brody and learn more about Violet and what "happened" to the twins. Which makes the finale more powerful.

I think finding out that someone has been lurking around the area is more disturbing because you see Brody go from so up-beat and easy going to becoming incredibly paranoid and somewhat aggressive which makes it even more evident that she knows a lot more than she is letting on where as if you chose to go hunting you never really get to chat with Brody and all you see is her freaking out.

I found Brody's death to be a lot more emotional because I got to get a better feel for her character since I had chosen to go fishing.

The twist with the twins is also more powerful when you get more of an opportunity to learn about what supposedly happened and Violet's relationship with them.

The finale is great regardless of who you choose to look to for help but I found appealing to Violet to be even more emotional seeing that she is the one with the deeper connection with the twins. I like how she pulls out her weapon and you can see that she doesn't want to hurt Marlon but she is prepared to fight if he doesn't stand down.

I really love both Louis and Violet. They're both very intersting character who are really good with AJ. I'm so scared we're going to have to be faced with a choice of saving one or the other. I like them equally they are
    both very strong characters who are great in their own way. If I do have to choose I think it is really going to be down to whoever is in the more dangerous situation.

• edited August 2018

In my opinion their both annoying. Just, for me, Luis is a lot less obnoxious than Violet and he wasn't that bad for me until zombie pinata. But I also think Violet does act like a dog in heat, she's just subtler about it. Which maybe is what I find so irritating, that and her 'edginess.' Its pretty much the average for every female character nowadays I feel like.

Scythenger posted: »

Louis is annoying. When you ask him to stop playing or ask him to play something else he doesn't and the way he flirts is obnoxious. When he

• edited August 2018

I rather prefer violet's subtleness over louis hey girl I like you, and even though we both don't know each other that well be my gf any ways because you're attractive and because I have good qualities that other people either already have or can develop.
    With violet it's like hey I like you but I'm going to drop subtle hints to let you know while getting to know, connect, and bond with you. Because I don't want to rush anything. I want us to really get to know one another first. Violet's more realistic, deep, and emotional. Louis acts like a stereotypical dude who just met an attractive female for the first time. And if violet's edgy I don't think it's overbearing. But I respect your opinions.

In my opinion their both annoying. Just, for me, Luis is a lot less obnoxious than Violet and he wasn't that bad for me until zombie pinata.

• Well, it's only the first episode. By the second hopefully both characters change for the better. I see room for Luis to grow and I like character progression. I also think him and Clem will learn from each other. I don't see much of that goin' on for Violet, but she's different from Luis so I'd say it'd get boring if her and Clem's dynamic was the same as her and Luis. It'd take from the replayability. And I like to be able to replay my games so I'm hoping for something interesting from her later on and that my opinion of her will change. But right now, she's prob my least favorite. But I wasn't big on the whole romance plot really, but if doesn't detract from the story I don't mind it.

Scythenger posted: »

I rather prefer violet's subtleness over louis hey girl I like you, and even though we both don't know each other that well be my gf any way

• It is only the first ep and violet and louis are definitely different. Everyone has their reasons for which character they like out of violet and louis, why they like and don't like violet and louis, and which out of those two they ship clem with. Hopefully everyone can be satisfied and hopefully it doesn't detract from the story.

Well, it's only the first episode. By the second hopefully both characters change for the better. I see room for Luis to grow and I like cha

• I'd probably just do what I did with ANF and wait for the retail version, but no, I wasn't planning on buying this game.

Dex-Starr posted: »

You're not gonna buy it?

• edited August 2018

I went fishing and after watching the hunting option I'm confident that I made the right decision.

• You get a lot of insight into the missing twins and the effect that their "death" had on the group.
    • The fishing shack was a much cooler explorable hub than the woods. Creepy graffiti all over the walls, dilapidated roof with trees and plants growing through, beer bottles and alcohol littered all over.... it was clear that a lot of detail went into making this one little shack and I loved exploring it.
    • Serious conversation about loss and forgiveness with Violet vs.... hurr durr I'm a ninja and I live for the moment with Louis.
    • AJ learns to fish if you go with Violet (fulfilling part of Kenny's wishes ;) ) whereas even if you choose to hunt with Aasim, AJ just watches Louis beat up the trapped walker which is distasteful at best
    • I enjoyed the girls' conversation about where they would like to travel if they took a road trip. The option you choose is also brought up again to comfort Brody while she is dying.

Overall I feel like fishing was infinitely more rewarding and fluid. In fact, watching the hunting route made me lose even more respect for Louis and I would have felt ripped off if I went that route during my canon play through.

• edited August 2018

Violet vs.... hurr durr I'm a ninja and I live for the moment with Louis

gasp how dare you!

I went fishing and after watching the hunting option I'm confident that I made the right decision. * You get a lot of insight into the

• i went with Louis and Aasim, i don't care much for Violet or Brody, and Louis for me stole the show everytime he was on screen, so i picked them.

• I laughed way too hard when he started singing

i went with Louis and Aasim, i don't care much for Violet or Brody, and Louis for me stole the show everytime he was on screen, so i picked them.

• Clem always broods enough as it is, I figured it was time for some team fun.

LazyAlex posted: »

I went hunting. It's way cooler than fishing, and I like Asim and Louis way more than anxious Brody and depressed Violet

• Hell yeah! 100% agree, she needs someone to lighten up the mood

Clem always broods enough as it is, I figured it was time for some team fun.

• Pretty much.

Clem always broods enough as it is, I figured it was time for some team fun.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.