Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Toby Games is also one of the originals that deserves credit. He played season 1 right after it came out and his videos were hilarious.

LazyAlex posted: »

Agree, he's one of the most humble and genuine youtuber on the platform, but anyone who doesn't follow him only listens to others talking sh

• Omg waits are never too long for me, I waited for all the games 2014-2016 I KNOW WHAT REAL WAITING IS.

Good to see you too though InGen ^_^

It's good to see you again Green. Hope the waits aren't too long for ya.

• Helloooo Green long time no see huh? Lol looks like shipping romance is back again huh?

Green613 posted: »

Omg waits are never too long for me, I waited for all the games 2014-2016 I KNOW WHAT REAL WAITING IS. Good to see you too though InGen ^_^

• And no pondering on how soon is Soon and what the hell does soon even mean.

What's the point of having a release date thread if I can't drive myself crazy speculating on when the actual release date will be?! Where am I supposed to stick my 7,000 reaction gifs now?

• Yeah well Pewds does not exactly help his case does he?

Lmao. Pewdiepie gets so much shit now-days. Can’t wait for our generation to get older so basically no one will take the media’s bullshit seriously.

• Well we can replace the speculation threads with constant whining to @mostlypoptarts about how October got screwed over with no release and how that is proof that Telltale is staffed by slacker methheads.

Plan_R posted: »

And no pondering on how soon is Soon and what the hell does soon even mean.

• Well of course, that's just a given at this point.

Well we can replace the speculation threads with constant whining to @mostlypoptarts about how October got screwed over with no release and how that is proof that Telltale is staffed by slacker methheads.

• PewDiePie deals with a idiotic MSM ppl from day to day. I don't understand why ppl attack him still even after he apologized and isn't who ppl say he is.

Yeah well Pewds does not exactly help his case does he?

• He keeps making the same "mistakes" The PubG one was the last straw for some folks. I just think his mouth runs way faster than his brain...but he chose a life on the net...

strwar3 posted: »

PewDiePie deals with a idiotic MSM ppl from day to day. I don't understand why ppl attack him still even after he apologized and isn't who ppl say he is.

• How to live up to September 25? The first episode is just space! I can't wait to continue!

• The episode is space??

Pika4u_ posted: »

How to live up to September 25? The first episode is just space! I can't wait to continue!

• Can't wait for episode two! Though, i doubt it'll be as long as the first episode. Probably around 2 hours. But if the content is good, i don't mind.

• I'm so hyped for this game. "Done Running" was better than the entirety of ANF. I knew Telltale still had it in them to produce good games, Batman S1 and S2 were both fantastic, so was TWD S4E1. I hope this trend continues into the future. The one downside is that I don't want this series to end now when after ANF I would have gladly pulled the plug to end its suffering.

• Really hope all episode are over 2 hours to make up for just 4 episode instead of 5.

• edited August 2018

Oh God! I didn't know Louis was singing an original, I thought he replaced the name with Clementine. Was that scene a hint? It was smooth if it was. This song could be used for the possible sad ending. Would fit extremely well, who's reading to cry?

• 5 weeks and 5 days to go!

• They already used that song during promotion for Season 2 finale. They released a teaser with Clementine walking though the snow with that music in the background.

KatyPerry posted: »

Oh God! I didn't know Louis was singing an original, I thought he replaced the name with Clementine. Was that scene a hint? It was smooth if it was. This song could be used for the possible sad ending. Would fit extremely well, who's reading to cry?

• For all the people doubting whether or not Pewdiepie will play the game. He did. I had no doubts. I've never seen him cry like he did on lee's death. This is the final season with Clementine and he likes her way too much to not play. Despite not really liking ANF he still finished it and I think he played everything there is of The Walking Dead.

• He seems bored playing to be honest, i have to admit I felt similar during michonne and new frontier

For all the people doubting whether or not Pewdiepie will play the game. He did. I had no doubts. I've never seen him cry like he did on lee

• edited August 2018

Seems bored playing the new one?

He seems bored playing to be honest, i have to admit I felt similar during michonne and new frontier

• the did change CEO some time ago, i see it was a good thing for telltale after such an awesome start of clem story and this more clear aptitude to the public / customers with ETAS and info. So im happy for this new telltale. <3

• Louis was immediately in my top 10 fav list after that song. I accidentally stumbled upon it shortly before S3 when I YouTubed clementine.

• edited August 2018

Anyone who is downing TTG must not really be a fan. I've played every TWD game and several other games from around the early timeline. I've never played a bad game from them. New CEO or not they've always made fantastic games in an industry that is dying because of generic repeat games being pumped out because of the hype train and of course the money making scheme (Fortnite much?) and I'm honestly glad that a company like this that releases quality games instead of poser gamer inspired crap piles is still out there. The popularity of gaming has ruined the culture. When gaming was considered a "nerd" activity the games were legendary and the shock value was infinitely better than it is now. Just because it's a trend going around that college jock douchebags got into to look cool when they aren't playing beer pong with their bros on the weekend doesn't mean that the studios have to cater to those casual pretenders.

• Telltale put up a pretty detailed blog post on how to cosplay as Final Season Clementine.

Remember folks, always be careful when cutting off one of your fingers.

• The industry is not and will not die. Quite the opposite in fact, since the industry makes much more money now, then they did ten years ago.

And people criticized Telltale for good reason. Their games post twd were really similar and the formula got stale because of that. Even the weaker games aren't bad, but they're just not all that good. Telltale finally acknowledged the criticism and made TFS the way it is now. And it's all the better for it.

F3arM0d3 posted: »

Anyone who is downing TTG must not really be a fan. I've played every TWD game and several other games from around the early timeline. I've

• I am not ready for what the future has in store for us and afraid as hell, yet I want to discover it.

My psychological well-being is in danger.

• Wait a minute. We already know when ALL of the remaining episodes are going to be released? Damn, Telltale, color me impressed.

• Still a subject to change though.

Pipas posted: »

Wait a minute. We already know when ALL of the remaining episodes are going to be released? Damn, Telltale, color me impressed.

• Just embrace the madness, I already did. You'd never have to worry about your "psychological well-being" ever again.

I am not ready for what the future has in store for us and afraid as hell, yet I want to discover it. My psychological well-being is in danger.

• Arrrghhhhhhh too long to wait. Hold me!

Surely any returning characters will be brought back in episode 2? Gotta give them time to be part of the story

• The only characters that were confirmed to be coming back were only from season 1. I don't know why everyone keeps on talking about season 2-3 characters.

Stewart25 posted: »

Arrrghhhhhhh too long to wait. Hold me! Surely any returning characters will be brought back in episode 2? Gotta give them time to be part of the story

• This x1000.

Anyone who is downing TTG must not really be a fan. I've played every TWD game and several other games from around the early timeline. I've

• edited August 2018

I think you're missing the point, here. The argument wasn't that the video game industry is dying, instead, the QUALITY of the games are dying.

He's pointing out the issues with most studios either 1) shutting down 2)getting absorbed 3) transitioning to in-game purchases found in most FPS and MMO's like Fortnite and Overwatch. Forbes contributer David Thier summarizes it best:

"Making games can be a staggeringly expensive endeavor. And the most expensive kind of games to make are those lavish experiences that build out giant, gorgeous worlds crammed full of intricate assets and hidden treasures. To think about the effort that goes into a single Uncharted 4 screenshot is sort of mind-boggling, and it's even more so when we consider how quickly we leave that screenshot behind. Gamers have been clear for a long time that they expect the visuals behind AAA games to continually improve, and so the costs of making all of this has gone up. But the revenue from game purchases hasn't, and that's why publishers are looking to up the revenue from other areas like micro-transactions and game expansions. At the end of the day, the reason for this shift isn't hard to understand, even if it can be hard to accept."

https://forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/10/18/star-wars-visceral-yes-aaa-single-player-games-are-dying-thats-fine/#1472268568aa

GSSalvador posted: »

The industry is not and will not die. Quite the opposite in fact, since the industry makes much more money now, then they did ten years ago.

• I think you misread my post

I said that any returning characters (from any other season) would surely return in Episode 2 (of season 4)

The only characters that were confirmed to be coming back were only from season 1. I don't know why everyone keeps on talking about season 2-3 characters.

• Am I the only one who is annoyed with these stupid shipping threads?

• edited August 2018

Me too lol there is just too much

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only one who is annoyed with these stupid shipping threads?

• Yeah, even Reddit is beginning to get filled with them. I get it people are excited that relationships are an option for this season, but c'mon it's really not that big of a deal right now.

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only one who is annoyed with these stupid shipping threads?

• Better than "this game sucks" threads, at least. We'll be keeping any eye to see if it gets too out of hand, you know.

Yeah, even Reddit is beginning to get filled with them. I get it people are excited that relationships are an option for this season, but c'mon it's really not that big of a deal right now.

• At least TTG is finally listening to what people want and implementing it into the game.

Better than "this game sucks" threads, at least. We'll be keeping any eye to see if it gets too out of hand, you know.

• edited August 2018

Yeah, Pete & the whole of Telltale have been remarkable with their interaction with fans so far.

I know this is kinda off topic, but I'm a huge fan of Namco Bandai localizations & Square-Enix when they were originally Squaresoft and TBH, we'll never get that kind of care from them. I can't speak for other studios but I only follow a few closely: Telltale, DontNod, QuanticDream, Square-Enix, Namco Bandai, Level-5, Rockstar Games, & Naughty Dog. Telltale takes the WHOLE cake and the recipe to make the cake when it comes to listening to their fans, IMHO.

My point is, even though Telltale has experienced some challenges, a lot of other video game studios could stand to learn a lot from their new changes under Pete.

At least TTG is finally listening to what people want and implementing it into the game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.