Telltale The Walking Dead is coming to an end. How do you feel about it?

Since the release of TFS we know that Clementine story will end, and very likely we will not see another season since the source material itself is closing. To be honest I feel bad about it, this story, this characters, I just can’t imagine not looking foward to what happenen next. I will cherish this last season in the hope that Clem finds her happy ending. How do you feel about it?

Comments

• Bittersweet. I trust TellTale to give us a satisfying ending. I expect multiple possible endings so we can dictate how Clem's story ends for ourselves, give her the ending we each think most appropriate, but I'm gonna miss her.

• I'm sad, of course. Sad because I'm just starting to relize that this it it. This is the end of Clementine's story. I guess it's in human nature not to want things to end but they always do. That being said, I agree with the OP. We should all enjoy this last season with our brave heroine.

• I find it funny how they decide to close the doors on TWD the moment they got it right. It's only been the first episode, but I, along with everyone else, am loving it sofar. Hopefully they'll keep it going if this one receives positive reception.

• I wish there were (actual lines of) action figures (even Pop! figures) of Telltale's TWD characters so that I could continue the adventures of these characters.

I also have faith in at least some of the staff to deliver the story well, even if it means I cry my guts out.

• They aren't stopping TWD. They're stopping Clem's story. Future TWD seasons won't have Clem at all. I hope they're starting over from the beginning with all new characters in a new location.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I find it funny how they decide to close the doors on TWD the moment they got it right. It's only been the first episode, but I, along with everyone else, am loving it sofar. Hopefully they'll keep it going if this one receives positive reception.

• I'm happy it's finally coming to an end. Better to stop while ahead unlike the tv show.

• Sad. I don't want Clem's story to end :'(

• Definitely bitter sweet to see the series come to an end. Seasons 1 and 2 still hold a special spot for me, they're always going to be in the conversation if I'm talking about my favorite gaming experiences, but as much as I hate to see something that's meant so much to me end, it's still been a memorable experience(for the most part), and I'm glad I was introduced to it.

• Because that worked so well for A New Frontier. I was willing to give that concept a chance, was really open to the idea of a new protagonist, but it failed miserably. And it wasn't all the atrocious writing/characters in general, it's because I simply didn't care. The only way I could see Telltale continuing the series in a satisfying way is if we'd play as an older AJ, but at the same time that means Clem would have to die no matter what.

They aren't stopping TWD. They're stopping Clem's story. Future TWD seasons won't have Clem at all. I hope they're starting over from the beginning with all new characters in a new location.

• Personally I think it'd be fine. As long as the writing is masterful, then the series will be masterful. ANF had bad writing, and it also took place during Clem's story, which is why you didn't care.

Because that worked so well for A New Frontier. I was willing to give that concept a chance, was really open to the idea of a new protagonis

• edited August 2018

Sad, I'm not ready for the inevitable and I never will be

• A, ANF was a failure because the promo material sold it as Clem being the playable character again and then after the rewrites she was barely in it. But beyond that, ANF isn't anything like what I said. New people, new location, from the beginning. Not picking up 4 years in and having a couple flash backs. From. The. Beginning. Like an all new season 1.

I expect we're get a solid conclusion to Clem's story, either she dies or we get a fairly detailed epilogue telling us how the rest of her life worked out. Clem's story will be over, and it'll open the way for a whole new cast in a new location.

Because that worked so well for A New Frontier. I was willing to give that concept a chance, was really open to the idea of a new protagonis

• It's been a hell of a ride. If Clementine receive the ending she deserves i'll be happy but sad because we have to say goodbye to one of the best character in video games.

For the sake of the story, it's better to finish it rather than milking the game until everyone loes thier interest.

I have mixed feeling about future TWD games without Clem. I love the universe and the difficult choices you have to make but on the other hand, without Clem it just won't be the same. Until now, it was all about her and i doubt Telltale can come nowhere near with a new character and obviously everyone will be comparing it to the "old" TWD.

• They said it's the end of the season for Clem but they did not say it's the end of TWD that we still have the stories of Javier and Michonne ahead and we hope they continue those stories after the end of Clem's story. Although I do not want her story to end now

• I don't remember a life before TWD :D

• There's more than Clem being unplayable.

Short, rushed episodes, nothing from previous episodes mattered, old characters killed in a shitty flashback. No exploration. Most of characters were just poor-written and it was hard to grow any attachement to them, forced romances until the last episode.

The only good that ANF did was to show Telltale they have to get their shit together if they expect a good reception. Oh, and that sweet sweet memes material.

A, ANF was a failure because the promo material sold it as Clem being the playable character again and then after the rewrites she was barel

• The problem with this is that many people just wouldn't care. For better or worse, Telltale's The Walking Dead IS Clementine and Lee. I don't think I could build an emotional connection with a whole new cast even if I tried. Even if we did the whole "Day 0" thing again. I felt nothing for the Garcías, and the game neither gave me an opportunity nor an incentive to try to. The flashbacks were among the better parts of the game, but they still did nothing for me. Would an entire Season of build up have changed anything? Maybe a little. But I still wouldn't have cared half as much about them as about Clem and AJ. At some point Telltale should just retire TWD, and I think it should be with this Season. Before it starts feeling like a complete cash cow (again).
    Also, the theme of exploring the initial outbreak is getting kind of stale. Fear the Walking Dead did it. Michonne did it a little. ANF did it. Season 1 did it. The show did it in flashbacks. Rebuilding civilization is much more intriguing.
    I'd play it, but I doubt it'd be as successful, or as good, as S1 and (so far) S4.

A, ANF was a failure because the promo material sold it as Clem being the playable character again and then after the rewrites she was barel

• edited August 2018

ANF ​​was not so bad considering everything that happened in the middle. Its director or main editor left Telltale after the first 2 episodes, and had to bring new writers, in addition to Kevin Brunen, according to sources I have read, was very involved in the history of the game instead of leaving the writers do his job. I can not confirm that it is true, but I have read it from sources that they say were confirmed by those same writers who made ANF. In addition to the supposed bad work climate and others. They did what they could with what they had, and for me it was not as bad as people say it was.

Regarding the question ...
    It is difficult, but not impossible, to think of TWD without Clementine. Obviously, as I read there, it will be difficult to know that while we are playing with new characters there will be a beautiful 19/20 year old woman in the same universe with whom we have shared a lot of emotions and feelings, but everything goes on, we will have it to remember as the beautiful character that was (the best as far as I'm concerned) and have faith that if the new TWD games are successful, bring it into a hypothetical final game.

• TF you talking about the source material is coming to a close? The latest comments from Kirkman suggests the ending is very far off.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/02/03/robert-kirkman-walking-dead-ending-very-far-off/

Only Clem's story is coming to an end, not the series itself. Aside from Overkill's upcoming TWD game, I'm pretty sure Telltale is going to consider creating a spin-off and if they don't I'm going to get a team together and get a license from Kirkman to create a proper TWDG.

• edited August 2018

I understand where you're coming from, but if Telltale drops TWD entirely, they might as well close as a studio.

TWAU is great, I anticipate Stranger Things will be okay if it doesn't try and copy Beyond: Two Souls too much, but outside of that, we don't know what TT has planned. Maybe some more GoT, Batman, and GoTG but they won't provide them the critically acclaimed success that TWD has.

I think horror universes is their niche, TT's competitor, Supermassive's Until Dawn was a hit & their studio has continued to receive negative reviews for their new experimental IP's and for avoiding a sequel.

Telltale deciding to drop TWD is like if Nintendo decided to drop Super Mario, Zelda, Kirby, & the Smash brothers, dude. Might as well just commit corporate suicide while you're at it.

The problem with this is that many people just wouldn't care. For better or worse, Telltale's The Walking Dead IS Clementine and Lee. I don'

• It's been more or less sad and i've been having trouble coping with it if i'm being honest. Which has had the added affect of making me cherish this last season even more. I'm just so invested in the series after all these years. Since season 1 through the past years the series has taken us through an emotional Journey. Each year waiting episode by episode to see what will happen next. All that ending. From Lee to Kenny to Javier, to Now. Bonds were made and broken, people came and went. And over all we watched a story like no other. I'm gonna miss it :(

Why did they have to end it? Even if they ended Clem's storyline, Javier deserves a second season i'd say.

• edited August 2018

There needs to be some great payoff for all the suffering Clem has gone through in all of the seasons, from losing Lee to losing all the rest of her companions, she just deserves something fulfilling and hopeful. And I hope we get that in the final episode of her story. Not saying it should come easy. But yes, a satisfying... and yes, happy conclusion... for once.

• To be honest I feel heart broken just thinking about the end of Clem's story, TellTale's The Walking Dead was (and still is) my favorite story/game excluding A New Frontier of course for obvious reasons, I really can't remember life without looking forward to this story anymore that it just hurts me thinking these series come to an end, I guess that everything must come to an end, good or bad, I'm glad that I was introduced to this story and it will always hold a special place to my heart. It's been a hell of a ride.
    Peace. ?️

• They can go all out on the endings, we need multiple different finales, and i'm not talking about staying with Louis or Violet, if this is really the last season (at least the last Clem season) they have freedom to do anything.

• Perfect ending for me would be losing the love choice, Louis or Violet (not the one who you don't choose, thats too easy), Clem going into a killing spree, saving some people, creating a community and then leaving, for me she is a lone wolf, and a aftercredits scene where she is a lot older, cutting her hair short like my Lee taught.

• And that's why we need the multiple endings, my Clem was never a lone wolf. I'd love an ending where she still leads the community.

Perfect ending for me would be losing the love choice, Louis or Violet (not the one who you don't choose, thats too easy), Clem going into a

• The only thing that is ending is Clem's arc.

ZombieKenny posted: »

It's been more or less sad and i've been having trouble coping with it if i'm being honest. Which has had the added affect of making me che

• Well, Michonne turned out alright for the most part.

• Ugh, it was too short, though!

Well, Michonne turned out alright for the most part.

• The next year's worth of material from Telltale include Stranger Things, Minecraft: Story Mode on Netflix, and The Wolf Among Us 2. There are rumors that they might be working on something original, too.

The problem with this is that many people just wouldn't care. For better or worse, Telltale's The Walking Dead IS Clementine and Lee. I don'

• I feel sad but... Okay with it. I've followed the game since it came out back in 2012 when I was 12 years old lmao. And it meant a lot to me, I loved the game, fell in love with it and I was an actual mess for so long after Lee died, I cried so bad like a little kid. Which I was I guess.

It also brought me to meet my best friend of about four years now. We talked about the game and bonded over it, and we've been inseparable since. So it holds a special place in my heart.

But you can only keep a game going on for so long before it becomes ruined. Before you ruin the characters, and the story, etc. I think it's good they're ending it now because I think if they kept it going soon it would be ruined. It's like how with the show, it went to shit and it should've ended a long time ago. But they kept it going, and it's not even good anymore. (In my opinion.)

• I think they are making a mistake. They are sitting on one of the Walking Dead's top characters.. End it? Why? There is so much potential to build upon, you could easily make 4 more seasons.....unless they are ending it to change the format to a different type of game..

• And to think of it, I started playing this game since I was 14, it was 2015, good memories, I remember that it took me about a month to get past Lee's death, I was devastated. I remember finishing 2nd season only to tear up over Kenny's ending and it did not took that long for ANF to be announced, unfortunately I haven't been so disappointed in a game, I still enjoyed it but only because it was my favorite series, the more I looked into the errors of this game the more I disliked it, well I had my best friend introduced into the game as well but he just got bored after season 2. I'll miss this game but what I wanted to say is that you are right, as nostalgic and unique as it was it must come to an end eventually, better finish this before it is too late, A New Frontier made me think that the game should've ended in season 2 but the final season brought me hope again, still as much as I want this game not to finish I think it's for the best, I mean look at the show, you're not alone there and probably not in minority either, after season 5 and barely 6 the show became dull.

ct_amy posted: »

I feel sad but... Okay with it. I've followed the game since it came out back in 2012 when I was 12 years old lmao. And it meant a lot to me

• There are at least a few game franchises that haven't had a bad installment yet (though admittedly, I can only think of 2 and they're both by Nintendo).

ct_amy posted: »

I feel sad but... Okay with it. I've followed the game since it came out back in 2012 when I was 12 years old lmao. And it meant a lot to me

• What? Nonsense, Nintendo is too big to fail!

There are at least a few game franchises that haven't had a bad installment yet (though admittedly, I can only think of 2 and they're both by Nintendo).

• Same can be said about Electronic Arts.. Not.

What? Nonsense, Nintendo is too big to fail!

• You know the tv series is dwindling and the comics are not accessible en masse, here in Switzerland I can’t find em anywhere and the wait and costs of getting them is too much so I just wait for the compendiums. The problem is that without tv series im afraid that twd will fade in the background and everyone will forget about it.

TF you talking about the source material is coming to a close? The latest comments from Kirkman suggests the ending is very far off. http

• So does anyone believe that their gonna somehow make AJ the new main attraction for the series since clementine’s story will be finishing up?

• I'm obviously excited and scared on how they're going to end Clementines storyarc, but if they manage to do it right, i have no problem with a new series in the twd universe with new characters. ANF tried it, while Clementines story was still going, which didn't turned out well, but if they tried again, without needing to shoehorn Clem into that story, they could pull it off, if the script is good.

• Uh, it feels like when you go to the vet to have your dog put down, when it's old. You don't really want it to happen but you know it's for the best.

I stopped trusting Telltale to write a proper role playing story a long time ago, so even if the finale is emotionally engaging with convincing characters, I can't help but have this bitter suspicion, that my choice is to be undone at the next turn of events. Telltale lost their ambition for the Walking Dead halfway through season 2 and they made too many dumb decisions for the finale to salvage the entirety, so it's better that they do their best and move on.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.