Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I actually did know that. Saw Blockers before I even knew she was cast as Violet and then made the connection back to Blockers once I saw the voice cast.

Clemenem posted: »

I doubt too many people know this, Gideon Adlon (Violets VA) plays one of the main characters in the movie Blockers. Coincidentally, her character is also lesbian

• edited August 2018

Yeah, the game is synchronized in a few different languages this time around, among them German and French I think. I'm German as well, and I think the synchronization is decent, but I much prefer the original. You can change the language in the main menu or by changing your console's language.

Telltale synchronized in 5 Languages. English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and German.

• edited August 2018

EDIT: Decided to upload it to YouTube after all. Forgive the really bad editing and bad picture quality, I'm a noob at video editing and only have access to Windows Movie Maker and the PS4's recording system, which only allows 720p recordings.

Because I like statistics, here are some regarding walkers.

37-41 walkers are killed in "Done Running", depending on your choices. Only counting on-screen kills, not walkers that are already dead when we arrive at the scene.

As the number above indicates, there are four determinant walkers: The train station walker couple, the pinata walker and the walker you use the tree trunk trap on (it doesn't die if you use the trap, otherwise Clementine kills it regularly), all of which Clementine kills/doesn't kill.

The Cleminator has by far the most walker kills, which makes sense, seeing as we are controlling her. Seriously though, it's crazy how many walkers she kills compared to the rest of the Ericson survirors. Below is a pie chart of every character that kills at least one walker on screen (including the four determinant walkers):

Walkers are dispatched in five different ways this episode: Stabbed, skull bashed/stomped in, bow and arrow, traps and an angry doggo. None of them include a firearm, which I believe might be a first for TWD (not sure about this). The pie chart below is for an "ideal" playthrough, in which Clementine kills all four determinant walkers and only uses the three stone traps, whereas she doesn't use the tree trunk trap and stabs the walker it would have been used on instead:

As you can see, by far the most kills are stabbing kills, all of which are either Clementine's or Violet's. Again, makes sense. It's the most silent and efficient way to kill walkers.

Only one named walker is killed in the episode, Brody, who is killed by Clementine.

• One of the trunks in David and Lingard's camp says "REPENT."

• The Ericson Safezone has about the same shape as Isla Nublar, the island from Jurassic Park, Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Knowing this truly useless important fact, we can baselessly claim safely assume that:

Jurassic Park Season 2 is officially confirmed.

• The Intro/Credits song to episode 1 may have influenced the design of the opening credits (or it's pure coincidence you decide).

This is the full back-front cover of the album that the song "Waiting Around To Die" debuted on back in 2003. Look familiar?

• I find it unsettling how Clem says to AJ: "see you on the other side", when leaving him behind the Erickson's gate.

Foreshadowing much?

• the ting go skraa

Razer531 posted: »

+2-2=0 quick maffs

• [Cool fact]

• https://youtube.com/watch?v=u14YHB_u5D0

Blast from the past, i forgot how strong a teaser trailer for S1 this was.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

There's an easy-to-miss map that you can look at in the train station at the beginning of the episode:

There's also a unique little line of dialogue if you try to run away from that first walker at the train station:

And, last but not least, you can just straight up walk past that zombie that AJ falls on top of. And here's the kicker: this actually changes things when you go back to the train station later in the episode. You can't look at the dead zombie, because it obviously isn't there if you did this.

• Brilliant find. How did you avoid killing that walker? When i got to close, it grabbed me, climbed up and killed me.

Deltino posted: »

There's an easy-to-miss map that you can look at in the train station at the beginning of the episode: There's also a unique little l

• edited August 2018

I don't know if this is mentioned or not, and I'm not going through all 390 pages just to find it. Anyway, in A New Frontier,

while Richmond in the game is located in Virginia, the settings illustrated is based on New York City, and you can tell by the shape of the bus stops.

In The Final Season, the LP on Clem's car reads

A050-014 Virginia 1969. The A probably stands for August, numbers 050 could mean something or just something random. 014 is the release date. So A014, August 14, which is also the release date for episode 1 of The Final Season.

In the Final Season,

the menu will play the song Alive Inside, only when your playing the game. Once you've exit the game the song stops. The song will not play, if you do not start the game.

At the beginning of The final Season, when

Clem was driving and you hear AJ spinning the revolver, the sound of the revolver is in sync with Clem's eye movement, making it seems as if her eyes are mechanical.

• If you kill Conrad and Clementine leaves the group when they find Kate in the car (and the camera is inside the car) You can see Clementine watching through the window

• edited August 2018

Here is the scene for those interested, go to 1:01:00

CapnJay posted: »

If you kill Conrad and Clementine leaves the group when they find Kate in the car (and the camera is inside the car) You can see Clementine watching through the window

• If you do nothing when you are hiding from Tenn Clem will try to stay in the hiding spot but Tenn spots her, then she tries to rush him but Marlon tells her to stop.
    Then if you also do nothing at the [Drop Knife] choice Marlon will tell Tenn to take the knife away from her while covering him with the bow

• Prophetic words from Louis song?
    "You are lost and gone forever, oh my darling Clementine"...
    Hope he was wrong...

• Its a real song, its part of the lyrics.

Gauss99 posted: »

Prophetic words from Louis song? "You are lost and gone forever, oh my darling Clementine"... Hope he was wrong...

• Yeah I know, but why that song though? Maybe it could be a hint of the ending? Who knows...

MrGraffio posted: »

Its a real song, its part of the lyrics.

• Its a cute moment for Clementine, just fot the lolz of the developers I think, the rest of the lyrics don’t makes much sense. Here they are:

Oh my darling, oh my darling
    Oh my darling, Clementine
    You are lost and gone forever
    Dreadful sorry, Clementine

In a cavern, in a canyon
    Excavating for a mine
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter, Clementine

Light she was and like a fairy
    And her shoes were number nine
    Herring boxes, without topses
    Sandals were for Clementine

Drove she ducklings to the water
    Ev'ry morning just at nine
    Hit her foot against a splinter
    Fell into the foaming brine

Ruby lips above the water
    Blowing bubbles, soft and fine
    But, alas, I was no swimmer
    So I lost my Clementine

How I missed her! How I missed her
    How I missed my Clementine
    But I kissed her little sister
    I forgot my Clementine

Yeah I know, but why that song though? Maybe it could be a hint of the ending? Who knows...

• Its kinda creepy

If you kill Conrad and Clementine leaves the group when they find Kate in the car (and the camera is inside the car) You can see Clementine watching through the window

• The first and last episodes of season 2 involve choosing to let a mad dog live but still suffer or kill it and end it's suffering.

• Poor Sam never got to give a goodbye speech.

The first and last episodes of season 2 involve choosing to let a mad dog live but still suffer or kill it and end it's suffering.

• It whimpered in agony. Close enough . Poor puppieh but it was a mad dog.

DabigRG posted: »

Poor Sam never got to give a goodbye speech.

• He wasn't crazy...just really hungry.

It whimpered in agony. Close enough . Poor puppieh but it was a mad dog.

• It went for oranges over beans. Bad call on it's part.

He wasn't crazy...just really hungry.

• Well, when it seemed like the citrus was hogging the beans...

It went for oranges over beans. Bad call on it's part.

• It went straight for the kill not trying to scare her away from the beans.

Well, when it seemed like the citrus was hogging the beans...

• If you choose to disarm Tenn when going to the graveyard with AJ he will be scared of you and back off a bit, Vi will tell him to "Knock it off, you would have done the same"

• Because its a song about a girl name Clementine.

Yeah I know, but why that song though? Maybe it could be a hint of the ending? Who knows...

• Fair enough.

Poogers555 posted: »

Because its a song about a girl name Clementine.

• Just saying. I'm sure he escaped, but we know in the actual TV show, he would've been toast, broh.

Unless there was a dumpster nearby.

Not saying this isn't likely what happened, but somehow he ALSO manged to elude the rest of the herd outside the train station that would've

• The German dub is the only other dub that has Louis sing Oh My Darling in English, all the others are in their respective languages. Also the Brazil dub of the song is terrible but I think it adds to the experience.

• Also the Brazil dub of the song is terrible but I think it adds to the experience.

Son-Eek da EE-gell! :joy:
    AJ's laugh is nice though.

lupinb0y posted: »

The German dub is the only other dub that has Louis sing Oh My Darling in English, all the others are in their respective languages. Also the Brazil dub of the song is terrible but I think it adds to the experience.

• Yeah i think one of the S2 writers talked about that a long time ago.

The first and last episodes of season 2 involve choosing to let a mad dog live but still suffer or kill it and end it's suffering.

• What happened to Clem's head in the thumbnail?

The German dub is the only other dub that has Louis sing Oh My Darling in English, all the others are in their respective languages. Also the Brazil dub of the song is terrible but I think it adds to the experience.

• I think the uploader just wanted to make it look like Clem was winking.

NexusFire posted: »

What happened to Clem's head in the thumbnail?

• Then he failed. :D

I think the uploader just wanted to make it look like Clem was winking.

• edited August 2018

Edit: duplicate

Sign in to comment in this discussion.