The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I've been considering how I'll handle his character arc in those episodes for a while now.

So, you're still writing Episode 3? (I believe in you!)

Thank you, this is actually very informative!

You're welcome!

You said the other characters lack this, tho?

Yeah, they only have photos and points below them.

DabigRG posted: »

You mean, if the story was more consistent would have Max been exiled? Hmm, probably not - I like to think so, at least. Same here.

• Were Alvin and Luke supposed to have a tighter collaboration?

• edited September 2018

My Clem didn’t eat Marks leg but in “Done Running” she mentions that she ate his leg... Has anyone else had this problem?

• So, you're still writing Episode 3?

Well, writing in the most sporadic and faux-productive sense anyway.
    Like, I have outlined/collected a couple of fairly significant things to write out later and of course have put a lot of collective brainstorming, reasoning, and even some visualizing into it in part, but I can't remember "directing" an entire scene yet.

(I believe in you!)

Thanks Ben.

Yeah, they only have photos and points below them.

Oh, okay. I actually found an older thread about the ending stats with pictures of pretty much everything but Joan/Clint from one guy in particular and you're right.
    Might be something to consider the possibility of beefing up a tad or not. Not a major concern right now though.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I've been considering how I'll handle his character arc in those episodes for a while now. So, you're still writing Episode 3? (I be

• Comic book question:

What issue do you think Rick will die in and who will take his place as main character?

I think he’ll die in issue 200 and Carl will eventually take his place. (Since Kirkman state’s Rick will die soon and Carl is one of his favorite characters).

• Well, good luck! Can't wait to read it!

Thanks Ben.

No problem, Lee. I wish you believed in me too and were nicer to me(especially in the second half of the game). :(

I was wondering if you were going to make the connection, haha. Even though I just said it because I mean it. I hope you do Max justice (and please make Tripp useful).

Might be something to consider the possibility of beefing up a tad or not. Not a major concern right now though.

That would be neat! It would be nice to see how every character feels about Javier. Or you could make it like Season 1 end screen with stats and all characters. But that's your rewrite and you will decide what's best.

So, you're still writing Episode 3? Well, writing in the most sporadic and faux-productive sense anyway. Like, I have outlined/coll

• She then says "I'm kidding".

My Clem didn’t eat Marks leg but in “Done Running” she mentions that she ate his leg... Has anyone else had this problem?

• No problem, Lee. I wish you believed in me too and were nicer to me(especially in the second half of the game). :(

D'oh, now I feel sad.

I was wondering if you were going to make the connection, haha.

How could I not? It's such a memorably sappy line that Deltino showcased. :lol:

Even though I just said it because I mean it.

I know.

I hope you do Max justice

That's been an overarching concern for me as well.

(and please make Tripp useful).

See, the funny thing there is that, with so many other things to be set up, ironed out, and expanded upon for other characters, I haven't actually put too much time into that yet.
    It is sorta something that I've wanted to fix up a fair bit since the beginning, though.

That would be neat! It would be nice to see how every character feels about Javier.
    Or you could make it like Season 1 end screen with stats and all characters. But that's your rewrite and you will decide what's best.

I'd have to look them up again, but with what I remember off the top of my head(and/or better yet, some fanmade ones for Season 2), I actually feel ANF presented it in a far better way, hence why I'd want to extend that.

Well, good luck! Can't wait to read it! Thanks Ben. No problem, Lee. I wish you believed in me too and were nicer to me(especi

• Oh, is that why she can say that? Okay, that makes sense.

Razer531 posted: »

She then says "I'm kidding".

• I think the more important questions are: where is that chocolate cake Joan made and what happened to it???

None of us actually saw it get eaten nor did anyone say it got eaten. Joan went off the map, Clint died, and all of David's (Joan's)subordinates died in the massacre. Aren't those good enough reasons to believe that cake is still out there, somewhere, waiting to be eaten?

• TWDG: The Search for Gateau. :lol:

Seriously though, maybe she planned to give Max and Badger some before Javier revealed what happened at Prescott, then probably stress ate it with a 40 of turpentine to chug after Javier and David confronted her.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I think the more important questions are: where is that chocolate cake Joan made and what happened to it??? None of us actually saw it ge

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

she probably stress ate it with a 40 of turpentine to chug

Damn it. Looks like there's only one way to get that cake back...

Clementine: "uhhhhhh......oh! AJ, Come here! Quick! You have small hands, right? I need you to do me this huge favor.."

TWDG: The Search for Gateau. Seriously though, maybe she planned to give Max and Badger some before Javier revealed what happened at Prescott, then probably stress ate it with a 40 of turpentine to chug after Javier and David confronted her.

she probably stress ate it with a 40 of turpentine to chug Damn it. Looks like there's only one way to get that cake back... Clem

• Not at all. Clementine has spent most of her life surrounded by men and she has been rather tomboyish. It makes sense that she would gravitate towards a girl her age who she can actually relate with.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Anyone else think Clem’s sudden attraction to girls (Violet romance) seems...forced? Patiently waits for Violetine shippers

• From what I understand this line is able to be interpreted as either a joke or her being serious. She was either serious and refused to answer whether she was joking or not, or she was joking and didn't clarify in order to screw with the others.

Either way I didn't really like how this line came across. The St. John's was a super traumatic and fucked up situation and I simply cannot see Clem taking it lightly for the sake of a joke.

• Similar to the "42 different Clementines" in ANF, how many different Javier's do you think there hypothetically were and/or could be?

• It has been observed that Nick is essentially a combination of Ben and Kenny. What would an opposite combination to that be and what type of character would come out of it, whether hypothetical or one that does exist?

• Is it possible that the train station couple rigged the traps because they knew that there were raiders in the area and that they didn’t expect anyone else to be around?

• I think she's pretty much numbed by all the events at this point. I could see her taking it in a humorous context, considering that's how some people handle traumatic situations in real life - by either seeing the bright side of it or making light of it. I know it sounds weird, but I've came across a lot of people in real life who acts like that. Maybe it's a way for them to cope with the pain.

From what I understand this line is able to be interpreted as either a joke or her being serious. She was either serious and refused to answ

• I suppose that's entirely possible.
    After all, I kinda got the sense that their decision to just end it all came at a point where they were done thinkin about surviving and just wanted to go out on their own terms.

Melton23 posted: »

Is it possible that the train station couple rigged the traps because they knew that there were raiders in the area and that they didn’t expect anyone else to be around?

• So here's a question that's been lowkey buggin me since Above the Law proper was becoming available: How in the hell did Badger of all people become a New Frontier Lieutenant, especially given his apparent stance with David?

• What's been happening on this forums the last two days? #SpidermanPS4 :D

• I know right! And how come he wasn't exiled years ago? I remember Clint saying that they've exiled people for unimportant shit. I can't understand Richmond's policy, tctc..

So here's a question that's been lowkey buggin me since Above the Law proper was becoming available: How in the hell did Badger of all people become a New Frontier Lieutenant, especially given his apparent stance with David?

• People have been talking about [spoiler] potentially returning, generating hype and discussing the merits of doing so. There's also been a thread or two talking about who had more time and influence on Clementine.
    Oh and people arguing about what AJ did some more, but who cares enough to keep that up when the release date is still fairly far off.

NexusFire posted: »

What's been happening on this forums the last two days? #SpidermanPS4

• Oh Okay. Thanks!

People have been talking about [spoiler] potentially returning, generating hype and discussing the merits of doing so. There's also been a t

• edited September 2018

I mean, the real answer(s) is that the story rewrites changed the overall structure of the New Frontier several times, Badger was a minor mook that was given a crucial role in advancing the plot fairly late into development, and Max & Joan has had to downplay/withhold some information about what all he's been up to for the sake of keeping the raids going until they get as much as they need, but still.
    Hell, if I were David, I would've kicked that bald fucker downstairs months if not years ago. Thrice.

I know right! And how come he wasn't exiled years ago? I remember Clint saying that they've exiled people for unimportant shit. I can't understand Richmond's policy, tctc..

• Yeah.. the more rewrites the messier story. RIP - it had so much potential.

Hell, if I were David, I would've kicked that bald fucker downstairs months if not years ago. Thrice.

Yes! Or just kick his sorry ass out of Richmond.

I mean, the real answer(s) is that the story rewrites changed the overall structure of the New Frontier several times, Badger was a minor mo

• Why is it everytime I say something regarding TWD and its characters, people want to argue with me over it?

• Because this is an Internet forum.

Why is it everytime I say something regarding TWD and its characters, people want to argue with me over it?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

The opposite of Nick, who's a combo of both Kenny and Ben, would probably be Lee and Doug? Lee knows how to keep his cool whereas Kenny doesn't, and Doug was smart and resourceful, whereas Ben was kinda stupid and useless.

It has been observed that Nick is essentially a combination of Ben and Kenny. What would an opposite combination to that be and what type of character would come out of it, whether hypothetical or one that does exist?

• ...I mean, that's not a wrong answer.
    Holy shit, that is a pretty clever parallel.

The opposite of Nick, who's a combo of both Kenny and Ben, would probably be Lee and Doug? Lee knows how to keep his cool whereas Kenny doesn't, and Doug was smart and resourceful, whereas Ben was kinda stupid and useless.

• What if Clem had Jiren's glare ever since S2?

• Welcome to my world

Why is it everytime I say something regarding TWD and its characters, people want to argue with me over it?

• I wonder if TFS will take a similar path as "Batman: The Enemy Within" in regards to the Joker's determinant fate in the last episode. That would be fun if it's AJ whom we get to shape this time. Probably two different versions of AJ in the last episode, "Ruthless" and "Compassionate".

• I don't know ... after eight years where she saw worse things, I don't think that the St. John situation is anything out of the ordinary for her anymore. But she still felt a little bit uncomfortable and worried saying that line, though. Especially the i'm kidding-part.

From what I understand this line is able to be interpreted as either a joke or her being serious. She was either serious and refused to answ

• What does D on Clem's hat stand for?

• Probably a sports team

What does D on Clem's hat stand for?

• I don't know why but I always thought it stands for dad :D

Probably a sports team

• Probably dodgers

What does D on Clem's hat stand for?

• If Javier had his own summary screen at the end of ANF, what would his possible statuses be?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.