• Is that a guess or was it confirmed?

Arizona Diamondbacks

• California is my city

Melton23 posted: »

Probably dodgers

• edited September 2018

"loves fucking pudding."

DabigRG posted: »

If Javier had his own summary screen at the end of ANF, what would his possible statuses be?

• While we often talk, criticize, and joke about it, do you think the writers had relatively filled bios and arc timelines for each of the characters that they just didn't get much space to properly utilize in the later seasons/installments?

• [Insert Pudd'n my dick in your wife meme here]

GSSalvador posted: »

"loves fucking pudding."

• Depends on the game. Season One seemed to have planned most arcs from the beginning. Season Two has more inconcistencies in that regard because the writers couldn't really agree on some of the characters and their role in the story. ANF has the same problem times ten. There's barely any character-arc in it. Things just happen. They're barely even characters.

While we often talk, criticize, and joke about it, do you think the writers had relatively filled bios and arc timelines for each of the characters that they just didn't get much space to properly utilize in the later seasons/installments?

• To be fair, I'm pretty sure characters like Rebecca, Carlos, Gabe, Conrad, and(to an arguably detrimental degree) Kate had some consistent motivation and direction going on before things got out of hand and wishwashy.

Depends on the game. Season One seemed to have planned most arcs from the beginning. Season Two has more inconcistencies in that regard beca

• edited September 2018

I mean, Rebeccas only arc is to give birth to AJ, so they went through with that one at least. Carlos' still bumms me out, because I thought he was such an interesting character, but he ended up doing nothing past episode 1 and dying in episode 3. Such a let down. Gabe's all over the place. At least they kind of got him more or less right in episode 5 of ANF, but still disappointing. I wish they gave Mariana a chance... i haven't seen Conrad since I always killed him. I may want to replay it, though. And Kate is just frustrating, because she wants to get away from David for no real reason except she finds Javier hotter. I don't get her line of thinking. At all. I mean, he is but still.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure characters like Rebecca, Carlos, Gabe, Conrad, and(to an arguably detrimental degree) Kate had some consistent motivation and direction going on before things got out of hand and wishwashy.

• edited September 2018

Max sees literally only one cup of pudding eaten
    Y O U H A D A R E A L F U C K I N G F E A S T

"loves fucking pudding."

• Hence why I said before things got out of hand.

Rebeccas only arc is to give birth to AJ, so they went through with that one at least.

There was also her initial distrust of Clementine and the matter of the damage her pregnancy was doing to her relationship with Alvin.

Carlos' still bumms me out, because I thought he was such an interesting character, but he ended up doing nothing past episode 1 and dying in episode 3. Such a let down.

Yeah, I think he's probably the Cabin Group member who suffered the most demotion once Kenny was added to the story.

Gabe's all over the place. At least they kind of got him more or less right in episode 5 of ANF, but still disappointing.

Really? He seemed like the one main character they had an active drive towards developing with the story besides Conrad.

And Kate is just frustrating, because she wants to get away from David for no real reason except she finds Javier hotter. I don't get her line of thinking.

Kate suffered from being setup as a relatively complex character, but being quickly sidelined after relatively little screentime(even if it's still more than Marianna or especially Gabe got) and then having half of her scenes afterwards being "conveniently" themed around either contradicting what David wanted to do or pushing a potentially romance with Javier, with little time spent actually developing her own character until the last episode and even that was somewhat limited.

To answer your point though, I thought the idea was that Javier's laidback nature and ability to just go wherever seemed inherently more appealing than just being the hardassed David's trophy wife, which was compounded by the fact that she simply feel out of love with him after signing up to a lifestyle she never thought she'd actually want. However, in the present, this was just a background accentuater of the fact that he was the leader of the people who killed Mariana, shot her, executed Francine, and destroyed Prescott.

I mean, Rebeccas only arc is to give birth to AJ, so they went through with that one at least. Carlos' still bumms me out, because I thought

• guess

NexusFire posted: »

Is that a guess or was it confirmed?

• Okay thanks.

guess

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

Let's say Lily is returning in TFS, how would she react to seeing Carly come back from the dead? What kind of showdown could we expect to see go down between those two?

• I imagine she would attempt to apologize and accept that she took it too poorly, depending on how much she's thought about it ever since and if she can find the appropriate strength.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Let's say Lily is returning in TFS, how would she react to seeing Carly come back from the dead? What kind of showdown could we expect to see go down between those two?

• im not sure what the 'D' stands for but isn't the hat from a softball team that either Clems dad played for or supported and he gave it Clem?

NexusFire posted: »

What does D on Clem's hat stand for?

• Yeah, it is. Javier says it at the end of ANF.

Clemmy1 posted: »

im not sure what the 'D' stands for but isn't the hat from a softball team that either Clems dad played for or supported and he gave it Clem?

• D'oh, now I feel sad.

(?) Ben appreciates it.
    Thanks. Just.. be more gentle with me, okay? :cry:

How could I not? It's such a memorably sappy line that Deltino showcased. :lol:

Ben believes in us!

You could tell that he really respected Lee. Recently when I replayed Long Road Ahead I noticed that he is happy when Lee decides to talk to him in the hub areas. And wants to work on the train with him. I wish they had more conversations...

That's been an overarching concern for me as well.

Don't worry, you'll do great!

See, the funny thing there is that, with so many other things to be set up, ironed out, and expanded upon for other characters, I haven't actually put too much time into that yet.

That's true, there are more important things than Tripp. ;)

It is sorta something that I've wanted to fix up a fair bit since the beginning, though.

(and/or better yet, some fanmade ones for Season 2)

I remember seeing one about Nick, but I am not sure if we're thinking about the same posts.

No problem, Lee. I wish you believed in me too and were nicer to me(especially in the second half of the game). D'oh, now I feel sa

• Thanks. Just.. be more gentle with me, okay? :cry:

I'll try.

You could tell that he really respected Lee. Recently when I replayed Long Road Ahead I noticed that he is happy when Lee decides to talk to him in the hub areas. And wants to work on the train with him. I wish they had more conversations...

Daw, poor Ben. He just wanted his place in the group to not be a downer all the time.

I remember seeing one about Nick, but I am not sure if we're thinking about the same posts.

[Can't find it right now]

Fangirl101 posted: »

D'oh, now I feel sad. (?) Ben appreciates it. Thanks. Just.. be more gentle with me, okay? How could I not? It's such a memo

• she reacts to the decision to either shoot Joan or take the deal.

I know this is a late ass time to reply to this, but when does this happen?

So you would have preferred that she disappear and then reappear later like she did in all of the other episodes? I'm glad she stuck around

• When you rescue her by the steps of the subway

she reacts to the decision to either shoot Joan or take the deal. I know this is a late ass time to reply to this, but when does this happen?

• She either chastised Javi for shooting Joan or she tells Javi that she knew David would fuck everything up if you took the deal

she reacts to the decision to either shoot Joan or take the deal. I know this is a late ass time to reply to this, but when does this happen?

• edited September 2018

@Melton23 When you rescue her by the steps of the subway

Okay, see, I never really saw a full playthrough where they shot Joan, so I didn't know that she'd say something different there.
    Thanks.

She either chastised Javi for shooting Joan or she tells Javi that she knew David would fuck everything up if you took the deal

• What if L4D2's Tank was in TWD?

What about TLOU's infected?

• Then Clementine would've been fucked.

What if L4D2's Tank was in TWD? What about TLOU's infected?

• What happens if a pregnant woman turns? Does the fetus become a walker?

• edited September 2018

Found a meme regarding ANF but idk if it classes as creepy or not. Any one willing to lend me a hand?

• Melton... I'm good with that stuff ;) pm me.

Found a meme regarding ANF but idk if it classes as creepy or not. Any one willing to lend me a hand?

• So, I went to go practice up a bit and came back to see both the Meme and Violet shipping threads are locked.

...Wuh happened? :smirk:

• A WAR HAS BEGUN.

So, I went to go practice up a bit and came back to see both the Meme and Violet shipping threads are locked. ...Wuh happened?

• To be fair it technically wasn’t me

So, I went to go practice up a bit and came back to see both the Meme and Violet shipping threads are locked. ...Wuh happened?

• Tensions were high, shots were fired, and memes were made. Ultimately, havoc was wreaked

• Soooo Clem was 8/9 in season 1, and she was in 1st grade but I read somewhere that 8/9 year olds are supposed to be in 3rd grade. Any of you Americans out there care to explain? Her being a 1st grader never made sense to me anyway.

• I remember someone mentioning that before.

Guess she wasn't as smart as she's sometimes talked up to be.

Soooo Clem was 8/9 in season 1, and she was in 1st grade but I read somewhere that 8/9 year olds are supposed to be in 3rd grade. Any of you Americans out there care to explain? Her being a 1st grader never made sense to me anyway.

• Perhaps she got held back several times?

Soooo Clem was 8/9 in season 1, and she was in 1st grade but I read somewhere that 8/9 year olds are supposed to be in 3rd grade. Any of you Americans out there care to explain? Her being a 1st grader never made sense to me anyway.

• she did say 1st grade was easy, doing it over a few times might explain that

Perhaps she got held back several times?

• The only way I can explain it is if Georgia’s school system works differently and students either start later or a few years/grades are moved around.

Perhaps she got held back several times?

• She either started school 2 years late, or got left back twice.

The only way I can explain it is if Georgia’s school system works differently and students either start later or a few years/grades are moved around.

• Pivotal question: Why is the first episode of TFS called Done Running?

• edited September 2018

Maybe because AJ and Clementine are both tired to live on the road and want a safe place to stay for a while, AJ said that he is glad they found that school.
    AJ asked Clementine if they could stay in the train station before the grenade attracted that herd, so I think they really need a place where they can rest for a bit.

Pivotal question: Why is the first episode of TFS called Done Running?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.