Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• I actually enjoyed the German Dub in The Final Season and I attempt to play the rest of the game in german Dub, the voice actor are really good and i think they suit very well for all the characters and they can act the emotions pretty good. A lot of german players prefer the english dub tho, but can't blame them, especially the ones who played this game since 2012 (but to be fair: Clementine is the only character with a known voice, since all the other characters besides AJ, who didn't really speak in the past season, made their first appearance in Season 4. So it was pretty easy for me to get used to the German Dub)

Forgive me if my english isn't perfect, as you can imagine from my text, I'm from Germany, and this Forum here is a part of my "way to learn English" :D

• Ava made it bearable :D

AronDracula posted: »

i think it's better than ANF. No doubt. It's the worst thing that exists in this franchise.

• Clementine is a good mom

• Jane is a saint

• I don’t take sides in the Jane/Kenny debate. I didn’t particularly find either of them to be good role models for Clem and so I left her to her own devices.

• edited August 2018

Clementine isn't a terrible driver.

• edited August 2018

While I don't really dislike any of them, much of the cast of TFS are just kinda eh/okay-ish right now.

• Jane deserved better; you can’t change my mind

• ^ I slightly agree with this

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2018

Brother, I am right there with you on that one. There is absolutely no doubt that Jane fans got shafted to an inhuman level. Like, imagine this from a perspective of someone that likes Jane: you spend most of the S2 days defending her and sticking up for her character, even in the face of everyone talking about how much she sucks, or that she isn't good enough for Clem, or how she's just a bad character overall. You stand by your ending, hoping to get something good out of it.

And then what happens? Jane immediately goes and kills herself, and all those attempts you made at defending her basically fall flat. All the people talking about how she'd eventually turn on Clem/AJ or how she was some selfish bitch unfortunately end up getting proven right (more or less). And to make it worse, it's a death that is barely even in character for Jane. And it's not even a remotely dignified death. At least Kenny died trying to protect Clem and AJ. As pathetic and dumb as his death also was, at least he went out in a way you could see as heroic, doing one final good deed for the sake of the people around him. Jane doesn't even get that luxury. Anyone that stood by her gets... nothing. Absolutely nothing. And just when you think this cake is bad enough, one final odd-smelling cherry gets added to the top: staying with Jane leads to Clementine kissing Gabe in one of the possible S3 endings. And everyone loves Gabentine, right?

It almost feels like some disgruntled employee managed to sneak an entire smear campaign against Jane into the game.

Leegendary posted: »

Jane deserved better; you can’t change my mind

• I agree 100% I spent forever defending her, just for her to be killed off in the stupidest way possible

Deltino posted: »

Brother, I am right there with you on that one. There is absolutely no doubt that Jane fans got shafted to an inhuman level. Like, imagine t

• The only remotely good thing about that flashback is getting to give Alvin Rebecca Carver Jr his middle anem, for what that's worth.

Deltino posted: »

Brother, I am right there with you on that one. There is absolutely no doubt that Jane fans got shafted to an inhuman level. Like, imagine t

• I also like that you can get AJ's initials tattoo'd on Clem's hand.

• edited August 2018

I ~kind of~ agree.
    I think she has an interesting backstory but her look and demeanor just reminds me perhaps a little too much of Jane
    (who I had previously thought, at first impression, reminded me a little too much of Molly).
    I like Vi’s voice tho!

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Here goes nothing: I find Violet to be a boring character.

• edited August 2018

I've come to the conclusion that part (or most) of the reason why Done Running is being regarded as one of the best episodes in TWD series (and overall SO GOOD) is because ANF was so bad that people lowered their standards and expectations for TFS, and now that TFS' first episode is actually a huge improvement, some people are completely blown away and "manic" about the good quality of the episode, that they disregard all the criticism and flaws they may have normally given to it.

Yeah, I do agree with the fact that Done Running was really good and a clear improvement over ANF, but I really think some people only rate Done Running so high because they lowered their expectations for TFS (due to ANF's bad quality) and are completely blown away, due to the amount of improvement, regardless of the actual quality.

TLDR: A major (or slight) part of Done Running's huge popularity and success among the community is ANF's bad quality.

• Pretty much, if slightly too down-putting.

Findagon posted: »

I've come to the conclusion that part (or most) of the reason why Done Running is being regarded as one of the best episodes in TWD series (

• I actually enjoyed ANF (please don't hate me) and I still ADORE Done Running. I think it's one of the best episodes Telltale ever made.

Findagon posted: »

I've come to the conclusion that part (or most) of the reason why Done Running is being regarded as one of the best episodes in TWD series (

• Marlons was a great character even his choices were bad

• AJ killing Marlon was such a dick move, Clem could have used him to prevent trouble from the raiders.

• I thoroughly enjoyed ANF. It's my least favorite of all the games, don't get me wrong, but I didn't hate it.

• Yeah me too!

SonicGX98 posted: »

I thoroughly enjoyed ANF. It's my least favorite of all the games, don't get me wrong, but I didn't hate it.

• I apparently would rather consider getting ANF than make it past the first 5-ish minutes of watching a playthrough of GotG.

• I still like Bonnie and Mike...

• I wanted Jaime to still be alive and unknown so they could do a short dlc on her lmao weird but I just think it would have been nice for a dlc

• I wanted Jaime to still be alive in general.

But mostly because "Season 3" was a thing and Jane is incredibly shallow for the big title she stole.

Leegendary posted: »

I wanted Jaime to still be alive and unknown so they could do a short dlc on her lmao weird but I just think it would have been nice for a dlc

• Kenny is the best character of the game!

• This thread is called "unpopular Walking Dead opinions."

Gauss99 posted: »

Kenny is the best character of the game!

• Yeah, that's an unpopular opinion.

This thread is called "unpopular Walking Dead opinions."

• TWD series should've taken place far into the future

• In the ocean, maybe.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Yeah, that's an unpopular opinion.

• From what i read, Kenny isn't very popular here xD

This thread is called "unpopular Walking Dead opinions."

• I don't really get the rabid love of Violet/Louis. I get PTSD flashbacks of my teenage sisters twilight obsession on FB 10 years ago instead.

• If you were to ask everyone here who would win between Kenny and whoever (like, literally whoever), Kenny would get the majority vote even if the other characters were combined into one person. Except maybe Clem. And his own hair.

From what i read, Kenny isn't very popular here xD

• It's because of shipping and because those two are present throughout most of the episode hanging with Clementeen and AJ.

I don't really get the rabid love of Violet/Louis. I get PTSD flashbacks of my teenage sisters twilight obsession on FB 10 years ago instead.

• actually, In this galaxy

In the ocean, maybe.

• I see you only just recently joined... His popularity on here tends to change seemingly at random. There was a time about a year after season 2 where he was so unpopular that there was literally a thread every week or so of someone complaining about how much they hated him. Then there have been times where he has been very popular. Right now, he seems to be relatively unpopular.

Anyway, there are season 4 spoilers below for my unpopular opinion.

it would be better if Marlon's death scene was Clementine dreaming the whole thing. For me, there are too many things about his betrayal that don't add up and Clementine dreaming it would showcase her paranoia and distrust of groups due to her experience.

From what i read, Kenny isn't very popular here xD

• The spoiler code is >! at the very beginning of the line the spoilery text is on.

wdfan posted: »

I see you only just recently joined... His popularity on here tends to change seemingly at random. There was a time about a year after seaso

• AJ was justified in shooting Marlon

• Mm...somewhat. It probably depends on your choices.

AlvinLeeJr posted: »

AJ was justified in shooting Marlon

• Zombie Piñata > Keep Baby Rabbit.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.