Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• edited September 2018

I watched a playthrough where the player responds with “Not really” when larry asks you if you like his daughter. Larry calls Lee a ‘boy’ in a racially suggestive manner.

Go to around 1:52:15 mark

Clemenem posted: »

Does anyone else think Larry wasn't a racist? It's got me thinking because you can bring it up in Season 1 as a reason as to why he's so hos

• Hm...considering he was originally envisioned as being abusive, I suppose it's possible that that was a consideration as well.

However, in context, I assume it's just him being a tough, crotchety old man talking down to a junior.

I watched a playthrough where the player responds with “Not really” when larry asks you if you like his daughter. Larry calls Lee a ‘boy’ in a racially suggestive manner. Go to around 1:52:15 mark

• edited October 2018

Choices in the final season fucking suck. They are uninteresting, unmemorable, unchallenging and incredibly short term decisions. Maybe with the exception of the AJ stuff which, mind you, is still 90% unexplored yet. Gone are the days where we had faced stuff like giving Irene the gun or not, who to feed, whether to kill the cannibal brothers, the meat locker ordeal just in the first two episodes. Right now the most memorable is... which love interest will you hang out with next... twice?

Not to mention how short lived the effects of the decisions are being. Abel missing an arm changed the total of 2 lines! Like there's no acknowledgement whatsoever that he's missing an arm side from those little remarks from Clem and AJ. The appeal choice change a line. Amazing. Then you have the hang out stuff in both episodes, and this is pretty self explanatory, you get two different 10 minutes scenes based on who you follow... and that's literally it. Hell, even a very promising choice like saving Violet or Louis is falling weak on its knees from how much Telltale has overdone character vs character situations, not to mention that it really comes down to who you like most in the end, much like the romance choice, which makes this kind of choice really lack moral baggage.

Finally, the choices just seem to be lacking the juxtaposed themes like they did in past seasons. We got a little bit of Ruthlessness vs Compassion with the walker choice. Some Sustainability vs Immediate Gain on the determinant hunting scene. Tiny bits of this and that from the smaller choices... and yeah that's pretty much it. Violet vs Louis just isn't that interesting. The rest like distracting the walker or not and telling AJ he's justified or not just feels like a [standard choice] vs [asshole Clem playthrough choice]. Again, all this either really lacks moral baggage or is just so blatantly wrong/assholish/pointless it's fucking stupid.

I think the final season is being very solid, but that it's very lacking on this aspect.

Lilly. You know, that final moment where she's about to shoot Clem but can't bring herself to do it is almost very interesting, intense and heart-wrenching... if she hadn't shot at us without thinking twice earlier on the very same episode.

• edited October 2018

Yeah....

I think the final season is being very solid

I even question that at times.

Lilly.

I really need to finish my impressions some time this week.

Choices in the final season fucking suck. They are uninteresting, unmemorable, unchallenging and incredibly short term decisions. Maybe with

• edited October 2018

Keep being in denial.

Also Clem is black and her biological dad is black. It's not weird for Clem to say. It's actually why she even mentions that.

DabigRG posted: »

Hm...considering he was originally envisioned as being abusive, I suppose it's possible that that was a consideration as well. However, in context, I assume it's just him being a tough, crotchety old man talking down to a junior.

• Lily and Carly both knew Lee is a convicted murder and Carly even confronts him about it.

Infact it's implied most of the local people know.

But notice neither of them REALLY give a shit and it's only Larry constantly being on Lee's ass.

"You like my daughter?"

What kind of random question is that? My Lee didn't give a shit about Lily.

"i asked you a question, BOY." Notice the usage and emphasis of boy.

Cliche and also HISTORICAL southern racist trope to refer to GROWN black men as boy. (Lee is damn near 50, folks).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy#Race

The last quote should be the hint. TT put that in for a reason. That's not random writing.

You don't need to shout racial slurs to be a racist. Read between the lines.

Clemenem posted: »

Does anyone else think Larry wasn't a racist? It's got me thinking because you can bring it up in Season 1 as a reason as to why he's so hos

• I agree, man.

The AJ stuff is the only thing I'm looking forward to blossom in terms of our choices.

Mind you, Savage Clem is fun as hell.

Choices in the final season fucking suck. They are uninteresting, unmemorable, unchallenging and incredibly short term decisions. Maybe with

• Uh, more like I'm questioning why she'd even have that as a concept in her mind, much less apply it posthumously to someone who, for all their faults, still cared about people--herself included.

Keep being in denial. Also Clem is black and her biological dad is black. It's not weird for Clem to say. It's actually why she even mentions that.

• edited October 2018

Mark on Lee's behalf calls out Larry as a racist at the motel. That's where she'd get the conception from.

Uh, more like I'm questioning why she'd even have that as a concept in her mind, much less apply it posthumously to someone who, for all their faults, still cared about people--herself included.

• edited October 2018

Lee was 37 during S1.
    Compared to Larry he was still a boy.

Lily and Carly both knew Lee is a convicted murder and Carly even confronts him about it. Infact it's implied most of the local people k

• Actually, Mark was only attempting to get Larry to ease up on Lee, carelessly repeating whatever Lee told him in the process.

Also, I'm semi-sure Clementine was halfway across the yard when that conversation is had, but whatever.

Mark on Lee's behalf calls out Larry as a racist at the motel. That's where she'd get the conception from.

• edited October 2018

She's close by enough.

I'd imagine that during the 3 months at the motel he was constantly antagonizing Lee for no reason. Clem would remember that.

Actually, Mark was only attempting to get Larry to ease up on Lee, carelessly repeating whatever Lee told him in the process. Also, I'm semi-sure Clementine was halfway across the yard when that conversation is had, but whatever.

• Uh huh.

She's close by enough. I'd imagine that during the 3 months at the motel he was constantly antagonizing Lee for no reason. Clem would remember that.

• edited October 2018

Anyway Larry wasn't racist, he just hated Lee because he was a killer.
    True racist people dont give a flying fuck about black people, they despise them regardless the age, and Larry during the last part of episode 1 of S1 said to Lee: "if something happens to my daughter or that little girl you got with you, you watch your ass".
    Why should Larry being concerned about an african american little girl if he was a racist? A racist hate everyone who have different skin colour, regardless if they're kids or adults or whatever,

• edited October 2018

Forgot S1 is set in 2004.

And nah, that's not gonna cut it. If you see a "boy" looking at Lee and hearing him I don't know what to tell you.

Lee (purposefully) looks like a goddamn dad.

Gauss99 posted: »

Lee was 37 during S1. Compared to Larry he was still a boy.

• What rule says racists don't care about little children? lol. Very little people actively hate children.

Anyway Larry wasn't racist, he just hated Lee because he was a killer. True racist people dont give a flying fuck about black people, they

• Because Clementine is black?
    I dont know but from what I know, racist people hate everyone who has a different skin color. Ages dont matter usually. But I might be wrong since I dont know many racist people, maybe they can make some exceptions.

What rule says racists don't care about little children? lol. Very little people actively hate children.

• edited October 2018

I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children.

Larry can be a racist against Lee and still care about Clem because Clem is a defenseless, innocent child. It's called paternal instincts. And separately having those 2 feelings is what a lot of people have with a lot of different stuff. It's not bizarre.

Because Clementine is black? I dont know but from what I know, racist people hate everyone who has a different skin color. Ages dont matter usually. But I might be wrong since I dont know many racist people, maybe they can make some exceptions.

• I heard lot of bad stuff that those crazy racist people could do, but that's off topic anyway.
    Being racist doesnt mean being a neo nazi, a racist man just has a genuinely disdain towards black people in general, I mean it seems really weird that Larry, as a racist, was hating Lee but at the same time he cared about Clementine, it is a nonsense to me. I mean if I were a racist, I wouldnt care about Clementine safety, but it doenst mean I would want her dead at all costs at same time.
    But who knows, I think im a bit off topic.

I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children. Larry can be a racist against Lee and still care about Clem because Clem is a defenseless

• Racists hate coloured people no matter the age.

What rule says racists don't care about little children? lol. Very little people actively hate children.

• I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children.

Birmingham church bombing, 1963, killed 4 little african american girls.

I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children. Larry can be a racist against Lee and still care about Clem because Clem is a defenseless

• History neeeeerd! ??

Dex-Starr posted: »

I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children. Birmingham church bombing, 1963, killed 4 little african american girls.

• If I hate Republicans does that mean I want their children to die?

I heard lot of bad stuff that those crazy racist people could do, but that's off topic anyway. Being racist doesnt mean being a neo nazi, a

• Historically speaking, the KKK were separate from the neo-nazi movement. They were also a terrorist organization.

Note I didn't say Larry was a card-carrying Golden Dawn member. Racist people are normal people believe it or not.

I never heard of neo-nazis targeting children. Birmingham church bombing, 1963, killed 4 little african american girls.

• the KKK were separate from the neo-nazi movement

They're all the same shit.

Golden Dawn

Enlighten me.

Racist people are normal people believe it or not.

Nooooo they are not :D

Historically speaking, the KKK were separate from the neo-nazi movement. They were also a terrorist organization. Note I didn't say Larry was a card-carrying Golden Dawn member. Racist people are normal people believe it or not.

• Golden Dawn are a right-wing political party infamously associated with murdering many people over the years. Even then, Golden Dawn have never been linked to the murder of children.

How is racism not normal? Stop being naive. Kirkman has written other racists into his work so it's not even an out of place thing in the TWD universe.

the KKK were separate from the neo-nazi movement They're all the same shit. Golden Dawn Enlighten me. Racist people are normal people believe it or not. Nooooo they are not

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited October 2018

How is racism not normal? Stop being naive.

You said "Racist people are normal people", to which I replied "no they are not". I never said racism wasn't normal. Is it normal to hate/discriminate against somebody because I foolishly believe i'm superior to them in every way for no good reason?

Even then, Golden Dawn have never been linked to the murder of children

None that we know about

Golden Dawn are a right-wing political party infamously associated with murdering many people over the years. Even then, Golden Dawn have n

• Can we please stop with the racist talk, please?

• edited October 2018

I already stopped.

Given that Clem says Larry is a racist regardless of what you chose to view him as in S1, I'll go ahead and say it's
    canon that Larry is racist.

I'm sure the writers of TFS can back me up since they knew what they were doing. :)

Can we please stop with the racist talk, please?

• Like she'd remotely be educated to say.
    Just more Written by the Winners shit.

I already stopped. Given that Clem says Larry is a racist regardless of what you chose to view him as in S1, I'll go ahead and say it's

• edited October 2018

• Lol dude why are you so keen on defending racism? ?

Historically speaking, the KKK were separate from the neo-nazi movement. They were also a terrorist organization. Note I didn't say Larry was a card-carrying Golden Dawn member. Racist people are normal people believe it or not.

• edited October 2018

What are you on about, I thought you didn't want to discuss anymore?

Who cares that Larry was an obvious racist in S1 who antagonized and hated Lee no matter if you were nice to him or not even though Lee never met this POS in his life, he's dead. Nothing was lost.

Like she'd remotely be educated to say. Just more Written by the Winners shit.

• Probably cause ya'll won't shut up about it and maybe stop throwing around sensitive terms a bit.

What are you on about, I thought you didn't want to discuss anymore? Who cares that Larry was an obvious racist in S1 who antagonized and

• Ahem...back on topic...

The Michonne series was unnecessary, as well as the cameo of Jesus. The Walking Dead Universe is expansive, and presenting a story in a mini-DLC of other survivors would have been interesting. Some have suggested a DLC focusing on the Season 2 Ep.1 time-skip. Even a follow-up on Glen, Molly and others would have been more intriguing than "plot armor protected" characters.

The Season 2 ending should have culminated with four choices: Jane, Kenny, Luke or alone. It would have given the finale a stronger impact had Luke remained an option.

Kenny has no one to blame but himself for the beating he received from Carver, whom he provoked with a snide remark.

Fans asking for "X artist or musician" or a well-known voice actor should realize that this diverts funding from creating a solid episode. There is nothing wrong with the music created in-studio.

Lee's words to Clementine in the last episode of Season 2 (her dream) seemed to contradict his character from the entirety of the first season.

Kenny has his flaws, but he is dedicated and protective of what he considers to be his "family". With the events of Season 2, Eps. 3-5, his group became his de facto family. Some despised him for pummeling Arvo, but from his perspective, they barely survived an ambush and endured two losses due to Arvo's deception.

Related to Kenny, people need to remember that within an extremely short span of time, he lost a place of security and peace, three people, his dignity (i.e., Carver's beating), and has PTSD courtesy of the Cabin Group St. John's did not help matters. Considering the circumstances, he kept himself together as best as he could. He will always do what is morally correct, even though initially others will disagree with him (re, Lee, post-salt licked Larry--paraphrasing, "it was necessary but it should not have been done in front the girl").

There is no need for a "villain" . When order is disrupted, people become shades of grey. The dynamics of those interpersonal relationships are worthy to explore, not the trite "look that person's overtly evil, let's get 'em" perspective. The St. John's engaged in reprehensible acts, yet they served a purpose--their questionable supplies somewhat satiated the bandits. They did what was necessary to survive; unfortunately, Lee's group could not foresee the repercussions of ending the "meat donation" facility.

Lily had to adapt to the current circumstances, having had lost her father, living with his murderer who faced no consequences, and no longer being a part of the original group. People do what is needed to live in this new world.

Stop. Killing. Characters. Every. Single. Episode. Shock value? Nope. Desensitized? Yes.

• I'd like to see Javier in Season 4 again. Yes, Season 3's quality was far behind all the other Telltale-Seasons - regardless which game - but i still liked him. I mean, we played a whole Season as him.

• Yeah Larry was a racist but everyone knew that so it was a pointless discussion.

Probably cause ya'll won't shut up about it and maybe stop throwing around sensitive terms a bit.

• Kenny has no one to blame but himself for the beating he received from Carver, whom he provoked with a snide remark.

Pfff, Carver would have done it either way, even if Kenny said nothing, because Bill said 3 when he gave him the radio.

• The fanbase is unashamedly ableist.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.