Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Fanbase acting like zombie survival experts, lmao

The fanbase is unashamedly ableist.

• Cluke is pedophilia, plain and simple. And I don't support ships like that, fictional or not.

I don't support Cluke or Clavier.

• I'd say I liked Season Two's tone more than Season One. It felt less experimental, more focused, less scatterbrained or goofy and improbable in tone.

The cannibal family felt cartoonish. Sorry, but they did. Carver came across as a much more nasty and more tangible threat.

derrickd95 posted: »

I'm one of the (seemingly) few people who prefer Season Two to Season One. Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion. The game just look

• edited October 2018

Sarah is an adorable cinnamon roll and it's dumb that so many people hated her but praise Clementine's "cuteness" in Season One. Sarah was just as cute.

Also, am I the only one who thought she had some sort of mental disability or a neurotypical thing like autism making her act younger than her age?

I also like Duck. He is not annoying; he's just a bright, happy kid who tried his best to have fun in a really bad situation. We could ALL use Duck's enthusiasm - I remember feeling immediately dour once he died because that lively energy was gone from the group.

I hated almost everything about David. It's especially bad if people demonize Kenny for his behavior in Season Two yet have no problem with David who is even WORSE. Like, what the fuck bro, I didn't do ANYTHING with Kate, I tried to respect you as a brother and a husband, and you STILL try to brain me with a wrench? Well screw you! I choose Fight Back every time.

• Nope. It's

"Kenny, there's air everywhere."

:| God that made me cringe.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I think the "Still. Not. Bitten" quote is cringeworthy

• Also, am I the only one who thought she had some sort of mental disability or a neurotypical thing like autism making her act younger than her age?

No, quite a number of other people did.

The official statement is that it's a mostly a mix of PTSD from the outbreak and Carlos's protectiveness in response to it leaving her a bit maladjusted.

Sarah is an adorable cinnamon roll and it's dumb that so many people hated her but praise Clementine's "cuteness" in Season One. Sarah was j

• An prepubescent girl being able to take care of a baby stretches credibility, and now add in that's the fuckin' apocalypse, and there's zombies everywhere.
    Like, part of me feels like the canon season 2 ending was meant to be Clementine alone but it's so unbelievable.

• edited October 2018

I heard about the official statement but what they actually wrote painted a different picture. Even with a sheltered child, Sarah still seemed delayed. She reminded me of my uncle, who actually does have autism. Carlos uses words like "bad guys" to describe Carver and his group and the way he talks to her is how you would talk to a child far younger than Sarah actually is.

So everything pointed to her actually having a "problem" beyond being protected or PTSD.

DabigRG posted: »

Also, am I the only one who thought she had some sort of mental disability or a neurotypical thing like autism making her act younger than h

• I felt the majority likely only saved her because she was that cliché attractive damsel in distress that Lee might score with later on and could shoot guns pretty good. The Stranger does call every player out for that, at the end of the game. Well except me I guess..

Doesn't the Stranger call you out for trying to get rid of the one reporter who knew your secret if you decided to save Doug?

Ladariel posted: »

I always thought it was obvious that Doug was in the much more dire situation. Carley only had like one walker without legs holding her ankl

• I genuinely thought following the Garcia family was interesting, and I like it when we get to see the zombie apocalypse from other groups' perspective, not just Kenny, Clementine, and familiar characters all the time.

Hell, Clementine's inclusion actually ruined things a bit.

• I like Lilly as a character...

• The constellation scene stood out to me especially because it finally got back into those "quiet, contemplative moments" that made the first season so good. Things were allowed to just be before it all went to shit. You spent time walking around the drugstore, talking to various characters, giving out energy bars to those you thought could use it, you have a whole scene with Clementine and Lee bonding as they're moving a cabinet from the pharmacy door, etc.

From the second season onward, it was always "Action! Action! Action!" when I always enjoyed the atmospheric scenes. Where you're in the lodge and decorating a Christmas tree, sitting next to Kenny or the Cabin Group discussing current matters, listening to Sarita tell a Christmas story to Sarah, etc.

Coming from someone who usually hates romance in entertainment, I thought both scenes were really well done. Louis’s ‘Clementine’ piano song

• I agree. Remember how for the first season, they said they thought they succeeded when the polls came out to a 50-50 average for choice making? Now, they clearly have "right" and "wrong" choices or choices that clearly make the story flow better or worse which is where all the discourse is coming from.

Nobody got on a forum and tried to bite your throat out if you left Lee to turn or had Clem shoot him, but to this day, whether or not you shot Kenny or sided with Jane will be a 20-page heated debate, and the other group will always believe they are more "right" for their choice than the other, and the endings kinda support this. The Wellington ending feels more "right" whereas the Jane and family ending or the alone ending feel very unsatisfying, incomplete, or just unfulfilling.

Wolf Among Us had this same "clearly right and wrong" decision making too, but at least that was somewhat intentional. You were choosing how you wanted to be perceived, a noble sheriff, or a Big Bad Wolf willing to get down and dirty.

Choices in the final season fucking suck. They are uninteresting, unmemorable, unchallenging and incredibly short term decisions. Maybe with

• (Lee is damn near 50, folks).

37 to be exact.

Lily and Carly both knew Lee is a convicted murder and Carly even confronts him about it. Infact it's implied most of the local people k

• not knowing what a lurker bite looks like

Alright, I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm gonna try to defend the Cabin Group's actions somewhat.

Firstly, Carlos is a "doctor" but how much of a doctor is he really? Does he have a bachelor's, associate, or master's degree? Is he a surgeon? What does he specialize in?

Katjaa was also somewhat of a doctor - a veterinarian specifically - but when Lee drops a guy with an amputated leg on her, of course it's beyond her capabilities. She's not that kind of doctor and she can't deal with injuries that severe.

The same could be true with Carlos. Also, people ignore the fact that they're already low on medical supplies and probably wouldn't want to deplete them, even if it was on a little girl with a simple dog bite.

Then there's a darker interpretation that Carlos actually wanted Clementine to die, but wanted an excuse instead of just having someone shoot the girl in cold blood. Because he says, "if the fever sets by dawn, we'll know she's gonna turn" but if her wound gets infected, she'll get a fever anyway.

It's like a witch trial. "If she floats, she's a witch. If she's drowns, she's not a witch... but she'll be drowned. So whoops. Dead either way."

And of course, they're all distrustful of Clementine because they think she might be working for Carver and the people she's with might come looking for her, etc etc. So there's more going on than, "LOL, they can't tell a dog bite from a walker bite!"

Clemenem posted: »

8, but regardless, sending a kid to work a windmill machine, not knowing what a lurker bite looks like and depending on said kid to do the majority of the heavy lifting for the group speaks for itself

• I hated the Duck until the day he died because he killed Shawn, who took Lee and Clem out of Atlanta.

I love how you blame Duck for that and not the adults who allowed a child to handle such machinery. You see warning signs all the time to "not let children play around this object", like the garbage door I operate all the time at work. The way it opens and closes would be dangerous for a kid to play around with.

They should've either made sure the tractor wasn't on, took out the keys, or not let him on it in the first place.

Well... 1.I hated the Duck until the day he died because he killed Shawn, who took Lee and Clem out of Atlanta. 2.I saved Doug because I t

• That's up to the player. You can tell Clementine her parents are dead and that you have to move on. You can tell her that you heard them die. You can tell her that they won't find her and they're not coming back but Clementine will not listen.

On the train, she will simply cry and insist that you only want them to be dead.

I see your point & id be apprehensive but if he did maybe she would of not run off and he'd of gotten himself bitten and maybe he'd still be here with her still bein that guide its been to hear the ugly truth then a pretty lie

• This comment gave me Ebola lol.

Joel&Ellie copy (Grown up person partners with a child).

Ah, the good old "Joel and Ellie". The two all the game devs copied. The whole grown up partners with a child in the apocalypse thing. Not like Lee and Clem didn't do that 2 years prior to TLOU ever coming out or anything. But by all means they are the ones being copied by TellTale :)

AronDracula posted: »

I prefer Sarah over AJ because her attitude was very similar to mine which is why she was my favorite s2 character. She never should have di

• I know this one isn't as infamous but in the tunnel, instead of actually telling Conrad "She's one of US" which would've been cool and heartwarming, Javier says, "She's entitled to her secrets, just like anybody else."

What the heck? That's not even remotely close!

undeadfiend posted: »

Another pet peeve is how sometimes the choices you're given and what you actually say are COMPLETELY different.

• Not even that comes close to that stupid option where telling off David made you tell him kate would dump him..I give ANF a lot of chances but dang it

I know this one isn't as infamous but in the tunnel, instead of actually telling Conrad "She's one of US" which would've been cool and heart

• Yeah I know. I picked a smaller, personal pet peeve on purpose.

• TLOU was in development WAY before TWD.

ZombieKenny posted: »

This comment gave me Ebola lol. Joel&Ellie copy (Grown up person partners with a child). Ah, the good old "Joel and Ellie"

• I personally chose to steal from him because it worked for the way I was developing my version of Clementine and I think it makes for a more interesting story where Clem steals from him and regrets it after instead of being the perfect noble person.

Here's what I personally find stupid about the robbery scene, as well as other choices. As someone else pointed out, they're too binary. There's no middle option. What's stopping Clementine from taking just a few pills and leaving the rest for Arvo and his sister? Why is it take everything or take nothing? Any reasonable person would try to negotiate.

Also, wow Kenny, way to be a hypocrite later. He goes, "You ROBBED someone Clem?" all incredulous, when he did the exact same thing with the Stranger's car in Season One. Wish there would've been, "Well you would know all about that, wouldn't you Kenny?" option there.

Veeeee posted: »

I don’t hate Arvo. I genuinely feel bad for him. I don’t feel bad at all for his group they didn’t give a shit after hearing there was a bab

• Gabe will also recognize his flaws and vows to be a better son in the "David lives" ending. He knows he's been a pain and is genuinely sorry about that. He even tells Javi that even he would not have gone back to save him after his behavior.

Gabe was a stupid kid but he gets way too much hate. He did some brave shit like running to Kate when she got shot, helping get Kate ready

• edited October 2018

Yeah, that's unfortunately a make or BREAK for how [not] well the storytelling and character development went after Season 1.

I will say that the Final Season thus far feels like it's half-trying to avert that habit among others, though how successful they.

@ZombieKenny To be fair to Aron, Javier really did look more like a Joel ripoff everytime we saw him back when.

I agree. Remember how for the first season, they said they thought they succeeded when the polls came out to a 50-50 average for choice maki

• I'm inclined to agree. That should've been a separate option.

Here's what I personally find stupid about the robbery scene, as well as other choices. As someone else pointed out, they're too binary. There's no middle option. What's stopping Clementine from taking just a few pills and leaving the rest for Arvo and his sister? Why is it take everything or take nothing? Any reasonable person would try to negotiate.

Yeah, I remember calling that out a while back.

Also, wow Kenny, way to be a hypocrite later. He goes, "You ROBBED someone Clem?" all incredulous, when he did the exact same thing with the Stranger's car in Season One. Wish there would've been, "Well you would know all about that, wouldn't you Kenny?" option there.

I think the inflection of the moment was meant to be more genuine shock on Kenny's part that Clementine of all people would do something like that. Which I liked.

Kenny was always something of a hypocrite, though.

Gabe will also recognize his flaws and vows to be a better son in the "David lives" ending. He knows he's been a pain and is genuinely sorry about that. He even tells Javi that even he would not have gone back to save him after his behavior.

I'm semi-sure he does that regardless of ending and a few times well before that point even.

@TripleKillionare Not even that comes close to that stupid option where telling off David made you tell him kate would dump him..I give ANF a lot of chances but dang it

I don't really mind that one that much, personally. I will say that it probably could've been influenced by whatever you said to Kate by that point.

Would've been an interesting detail.

I know this one isn't as infamous but in the tunnel, instead of actually telling Conrad "She's one of US" which would've been cool and heart

• edited October 2018

Despite everyone’s hatred towards Duck and Gabe, I don’t hate them.

• I think 85% of the community hates Gabe whilst only around 10-35% hate Duck.

Despite everyone’s hatred towards Duck and Gabe, I don’t hate them.

• I still liked Lilly even after she shot carley, but not after she shot at clem and aj

• This is admittedly something that I don't really talk about and is even something so unimportant that it only gets any mind from me on odd occasions, but it does sorta drive me up a wall to see just how much excessive significance and veneration has been frequently given to Kenny, of all characters.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2018

I suppose you could argue there's a bit of Kenny favoritism in the actual game itself, but you know what? That's fine. A bit annoying, but his relevance to the game going forward basically ended after S2.

The real annoyance is how much the fanbase idolizes Kenny's character. I know that some of it is jokes, but sometimes jokes end up turning into more than just a joke if enough people start using it. You parade something around as a harmless joke for long enough, and expose enough people to it, you end up normalizing it, and you get people that can't see or refuse to see the difference. That's how you end up with people that will basically tear anyone that likes Jane/Lilly/any other relatively major character that in some way opposes Kenny to shreds for daring to feel that way. Everyone's free to not like those characters as much as they want, but so many peoples' comments come across like they're trying to guilt-trip others into feeling like they're objectively terrible for not hating these characters or taking their side over Kenny's. Now I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure we're all playing a choice-based game, right? I mean, I'm 99.9% sure that we are playing a game series where you are given multiple different options, most of which are equally valid as one another. Choices that the developers actively intended for people to pick for various personal reasons, because not everyone feels the exact same way as one another. But you know, maaaaybe I'm just grasping at straws here.

I like Kenny as a character, and clearly they must have done something right for so many other people to feel the same way. But god almighty if it doesn't get annoying with the sheer amount of fanfare this dude gets. It's almost as if 80% of the other characters shouldn't exist, and the game should just be Kenny in a hall of mirrors, pretending they're different versions of himself.

DabigRG posted: »

This is admittedly something that I don't really talk about and is even something so unimportant that it only gets any mind from me on odd o

• Yeah, same goes for shipping.

Deltino posted: »

I suppose you could argue there's a bit of Kenny favoritism in the actual game itself, but you know what? That's fine. A bit annoying, but h

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2018

I've already said it in another thread, but I feel shipping is an issue where the problem is more with the players than it is the actual game. It's not that overly forced within the game itself, it's just being assigned more weight/importance than necessary by the people who've played it.

It doesn't feel like Javier and Kate in ANF, for example. In that instance, they are actively trying to make the relationship between those two a centerpoint in order to cause conflict with David. It's meant to have actual bearing on the narrative/story, especially given that it's meant to lead into a climactic showdown between Javier/David, which itself is meant to set up the proceeding choice of who to go after.

The romance with Violet/Louis, on top of being fully up to the player and not the one-sided clusterfuck that Javi x Kate can be, is ancillary to the narrative at most. The relationship doesn't have a direct tie to the events of the story/narrative as of yet. Granted, that could change in episode 3, specifically regarding Violet and Minerva, but for all intents and purposes, as of right now, it's definitely not being treated as a crux for character interplay/conflict, outside of some particularly judgmental relationship slides during the credits.

Ergo, I hardly think it's an issue with the game itself, because the game isn't what's giving the romance choices the gravitas they seemingly have within the community. But that's just me.

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah, same goes for shipping.

• Yes Deltino, TLDR, in reference to your post about Kenny, the same goes for shipping, basically.

Deltino posted: »

I've already said it in another thread, but I feel shipping is an issue where the problem is more with the players than it is the actual gam

• I like ANF Clem more than TFS Clem tbh

• Eeergh...
    I guess there's more of a character there to follow, anyway.

Nyxeris posted: »

I like ANF Clem more than TFS Clem tbh

• edited November 2018

Huffpuff.

• edited November 2018

I was proud of Ben when he stood up for himself towards Kenny’s insults.

• edited November 2018

So then how would the walking dead devs know that they should copy from TLOU if it was still in development?

AronDracula posted: »

TLOU was in development WAY before TWD.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.