Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• How exactly is A New Frontier better than Season 2? I don't understand.

Archielan posted: »

I don't think ANF is the disaster many people think. Actually, I think it's considerably better than Season 2. And I think Michonne is better than both of those.

• Saying ANF is better than S2 is a REALLY unpopular opinion XD
    Anyway I agree that Michonne was amazing.

I don't think ANF is the disaster many people think. Actually, I think it's considerably better than Season 2. And I think Michonne is better than both of those.

• edited September 2018

Season 2 had some great moments. Especially towards the ending, and the soundtrack was amazing, but aside from that, there wasn't much going for it. This season had A LOT of problems with the writing. A lot of undeveloped/unlikable characters, dumb characters making dumb choices just to move the story forward (I would expect people who lasted this long to be smarter) and plot holes (If Jane left at the ending of episode 4 and she says to Kenny later that moving to the north was a bad idea, then what the hell was she doing there when she saved their asses? Also the mentioned town they're heading into on ep 4 gets totally forgotten on ep 5). I couldn't care less about the large majority of people. Only Luke and Kenny. Jane was essentially Molly 2, she even has a dead sister for God's sake, that's lazy writing right there. Carver I thought was well dubbed and had a though presence, but I never felt really threatened by him (Of course, I didn't care for most of the characters). In the end the stranger from season 1 was more menacing then him since he got Kenny(?) and Ben killed indirectly. To finish it off, I was kinda bored in the first episode, the second one too aside from the Kenny reencounter, the third is the worst episode from the entire series only getting good on the last two scenes. And then it got better on the last two episodes leading to a wonderful ending for me (Staying in Wellington) but overall, I was massively disappointed with this season. It really seems like they rushed it given the small gap between the first season and the second.

ANF wasn't anything special, but at least it was more consistent, had better characters, fewer problems and it was more entertaining overall. My biggest flaw with it was not being able to play as Clem, but I still liked Javi and Kate more than anyone in the second season (aside from Clem and Kenny of course). And David was the asshole I loved to hate. Clementine, even though I couldn't control, I was pretty satisfied with how she turned out to be. Jesus was cool and badass. As for the endings, they were decent enough.

Some thoughts I can give from the top of my head.

• had better characters

I know it's your opinion but I don't remember anyone in that game who is my favorite except Javier. Jesus was just a bait for comic book readers, just as Clementine, he had no purpose in this game. David used to be my favorite before Episode 5 which ruined everything. I couldn't stand Kate's bullshit, all she did was cause a war between relationships, thus causing Javier to get his ass kicked by his brother. Joan and Clint were terrible villains and I didn't give two shits about what happened to someone, not to mention this moment that made my day.

Was I supposed to be sad about it? I dunno

fewer problems

Fewer? There are TONS of problems with this game and like it or not, they are worse than Season 2's. Do I need to mention them?

it was more entertaining overall

So you like pressing Q multiple times to complete a QTE? I guess you prefer action over story overall and I won't stop you there.

Season 2 had some great moments. Especially towards the ending, and the soundtrack was amazing, but aside from that, there wasn't much going

• Not really the place for this?

Clemenem posted: »

Who's the weaker/more incompetent fighter Abel or The Stranger from Season 1?

• Wanna be a little more clearer about those unpopular opinions there, buddy?

Zekkarooo posted: »

Mitch’s acting a redemption character for Marlon. Luke’s death. Sarah’s father not telling Sarah the outside world and teaching her. Pet

• Lily's the hottest female character in the entire series thus far.

• Well, it wasn't as cynical, meanspirited, or depressing for one.

AronDracula posted: »

How exactly is A New Frontier better than Season 2? I don't understand.

• Really disagree with all this,

Season 2 has its flaws but its better than the shitshow of new frontier. Michonne is okay but the overuse of michonnes daughters puts it behind season 2 for me

• Like I said before, I'm not a fan of ANF to begin with and I do agree with some of the things you said. The game also had story problems: yes, the villains suck and yes, Kate did come off at a very bad time But it's not like David was naive to the point of not knowing that already. Yes, I do think those problems weren't as bad as Season 2. I've only played the games so far, so I don't know what happens in the comics or the tv series but still, I see no problem with bringing a character from the tv series to the game. And I disagree when you said he had no purpose. He was the moral compass for Javi's actions and also pretty much saved Richmond from demise.

When I said it was more entertaining, I meant story-wise, but yes: the action was better handed and that helps with the pacing of the game. If you have more reasons, sure, list them. I already gave reasons why I think Season 2 was flawed, if you disagree that's fine, I just explained myself.

AronDracula posted: »

had better characters I know it's your opinion but I don't remember anyone in that game who is my favorite except Javier. Jesus was

• edited September 2018

The romance in S4 is pretty forced, imo. Just OOC for my Clem, personally.

Thankfully it's completely avoidable, sorta. I really didn't like the painfully obvious " OOH FOLLOW VIOLET/LOUIS TO ROMANCE HEHEHEHEHE" they had near the end of EP2 though. Why is that part of the script?

I thought it'd be a Bioware thing where you specifically have go to the character on your accord in the hub if you wanted to romance, but TT have basically made it where it's confronted in your face and it's a binary.

Obviously there's an option to either friendzone or silently reject but regardless I don't like that Clem has to sit through someone's awkward random confessional.

Hopefully the rejection status stays too.

• I think the whole shut down situation alienated me even more.

• He was the moral compass for Javi's actions and also pretty much saved Richmond from demise.

Who?

Like I said before, I'm not a fan of ANF to begin with and I do agree with some of the things you said. The game also had story problems: ye

• Oh, yeah sorry lol

I was talking about Jesus

DabigRG posted: »

He was the moral compass for Javi's actions and also pretty much saved Richmond from demise. Who?

• You're right at times I even laughed at some of the writing. So it has comedy going for it albeit unintentionally

Well, it wasn't as cynical, meanspirited, or depressing for one.

• Oh. Meh.

Oh, yeah sorry lol I was talking about Jesus

• If Clem transforms into TFS Clem in the scene that lee is talking to the stranger. Clem would kick down that restroom door;tell lee," step back, he's mind"; punch the stranger in the genitals with a upper cut from hell. The rest of the beating would be so bad that the player wouldn't even have the choice to watch the beating but only hear the sounds of the stranger pleading for his life and blunt heavy blows. The player will see Lee's expressions of his face change to fear.

Who's the weaker/more incompetent fighter Abel or The Stranger from Season 1?

• Like, I know it's technically spoilers at this date that I only know the general idea about, but this makes me think of Hunter X Hunter.

Deathbeam posted: »

If Clem transforms into TFS Clem in the scene that lee is talking to the stranger. Clem would kick down that restroom door;tell lee," step b

• She can kidnap me for a war anyday <3

Dex-Starr posted: »

Lily's the hottest female character in the entire series thus far.

• edited September 2018

I think "Suffer the Children" should have ended with a choice to go with Lily to the Delta as a prisoner (in order to protect the rest of the kids) or to fight her group as it originally played out.

• That could've made for an interesting ending in itself.

EbiManami posted: »

(Spoiler)

• Coming from someone who usually hates romance in entertainment, I thought both scenes were really well done. Louis’s ‘Clementine’ piano song did wonders for the tone of the whole scene. Violet’s star game was really peaceful and relaxing, something you usually don’t get in a walking dead game. I understand how it could’ve felt a bit forced if you absolutely hate romance and had no interest and the game definitely pushes that kinda tone, but at least telltale gave you the option to decline it unlike S3 with Gabe.

The romance in S4 is pretty forced, imo. Just OOC for my Clem, personally. Thankfully it's completely avoidable, sorta. I really didn't l

• Or..

AJ volunteering to go with her so she doesn’t shoot Clem after her fight with Abel.

EbiManami posted: »

(Spoiler)

• The "romance" with Gabe was damn near nonexistent outside of Kate hypothesizing and one of the endings.

Coming from someone who usually hates romance in entertainment, I thought both scenes were really well done. Louis’s ‘Clementine’ piano song

• I disliked it immensely after I first completed it but after playing it a few times it's hard to call it a bad game, especially when in my opinion some parts of it could have had the potential to be even better than the first, but just wasn't. Although The Final Season seems to be surpassing the first at least imo

• Clementine shouldn’t be bi

• Yeah no I'm sure the scenes are actually well written and the shippers loved all of it. it It's just a peeve of mine.
    And compared to Gabe, yeah it's less annoying this time around.

Gabentine was actually avoidable if you meta-gamed .

Coming from someone who usually hates romance in entertainment, I thought both scenes were really well done. Louis’s ‘Clementine’ piano song

• Gabentine was actually avoidable if you meta-gamed .

That doesn't mean it's actually unavoidable though. Think back to the Javi and Kate in the truck scene Ep4.

Yeah no I'm sure the scenes are actually well written and the shippers loved all of it. it It's just a peeve of mine. And compared to Gabe, yeah it's less annoying this time around. Gabentine was actually avoidable if you meta-gamed .

• Meta-gamed?

@Ghetsis That doesn't mean it's actually unavoidable though. Think back to the Javi and Kate in the truck scene Ep4.

That's possibly projecting speculation, though. Not concrete proof of anything besides the two previously edgy teens being able to sit down and enjoy playing a game for once.
    Gosh.

Yeah no I'm sure the scenes are actually well written and the shippers loved all of it. it It's just a peeve of mine. And compared to Gabe, yeah it's less annoying this time around. Gabentine was actually avoidable if you meta-gamed .

• Ava and Clem were cute together. Stone cold warrior females. If Clem was older they would have been way better than Violetine. Assuming Ava could have been gay but I wouldn’t want to push it.

• Ava was so cool and had potential just as a character alone, but of course TT had to kill her off in the most benign manner ever in the entire series.

Ava and Clem were cute together. Stone cold warrior females. If Clem was older they would have been way better than Violetine. Assuming Ava could have been gay but I wouldn’t want to push it.

• What scene is that, I can't remember. (ANF was really forgettable).

Ghetsis posted: »

Gabentine was actually avoidable if you meta-gamed . That doesn't mean it's actually unavoidable though. Think back to the Javi and Kate in the truck scene Ep4.

• Yeah, seriously.

Ava was so cool and had potential just as a character alone, but of course TT had to kill her off in the most benign manner ever in the entire series.

• Playing (or replaying) the game knowing what choices/gameplay/storylines affect what, that wouldn't necessarily be known playing the game itself.

So one person specifically planning to get Gabe killed at the end of AF (affected by several different factors) and to have only Clem hug/hold his hand (affected by the ending of Season 2), all before playing would be meta-gaming.

Meta-gamed? @Ghetsis That doesn't mean it's actually unavoidable though. Think back to the Javi and Kate in the truck scene Ep4.

• Playing (or replaying) the game knowing what choices/gameplay/storylines affect what, that wouldn't necessarily be known playing the game itself.

Considering this is the same episode where Joan becomes a more typical corrupt politician, Max(and Lonnie) disappears with no mention if he testified, Lingard claims she was always cruel, ANF!Clementine more or less joins the group's plan to save David, Gabe calls you out for shooting Conrad regardless of anything else, Kate alludes to being in school with Javier, Joan says the Council has led Richmond for years, Eleanor contacts Joan with not Tripp seemingly knowing,....

So one person specifically planning to get Gabe killed at the end of AF (affected by several different factors) and to have only Clem hug/hold his hand (affected by the ending of Season 2), all before playing would be meta-gaming.

Oh, so being a cheating POS, eh?

Playing (or replaying) the game knowing what choices/gameplay/storylines affect what, that wouldn't necessarily be known playing the game it

• Luckily nothing from ANF matters so even if she lived she wouldn’t get mentioned.

Ava was so cool and had potential just as a character alone, but of course TT had to kill her off in the most benign manner ever in the entire series.

• I call it winning when it comes to Gabe.

Playing (or replaying) the game knowing what choices/gameplay/storylines affect what, that wouldn't necessarily be known playing the game it

• edited September 2018

Gabe ain't that ba-

(remembers him ratting me out for killing Conrad)

Actually, nevermind.

I call it winning when it comes to Gabe.

• Does anyone else think Larry wasn't a racist? It's got me thinking because you can bring it up in Season 1 as a reason as to why he's so hostile with you and while he doesn't technically deny it, he seems annoyed that Mark and Lee think it's his problem, however he doesn't deny it. Recently in Suffer The Children, Clementine also mentions he was a "racist asshole" but I'm just not buying it. I think he would have treated any convicted murderer that way especially with Lilly around. Seems kind of like playing the race card. Opinions?

• edited September 2018

Yes. A number of us payed attention to that.
    It was technically playing the race card, which was somewhat understandable a theory given their respective backgrounds, but ultimately one that was just a loose connotation of their hostility.

And Clementeen saying that just seems like another case of "Written by the Winners," not to mention being a bit a weird for her to say.

Does anyone else think Larry wasn't a racist? It's got me thinking because you can bring it up in Season 1 as a reason as to why he's so hos

Sign in to comment in this discussion.